Is 90% returns still the norm?

StarGlider

Prowler
Society
Entropia Directory
Suzy
As the title suggests, is everyone getting roughly 90% returns on hunt?

My normal returns for the last 2 weeks are 80% and less, with 1 good return in 2 weeks, i.e. in the black, or got more than I went out with, but not much I might add.

People can check out my streams if they think I'm not hunting eco etc., but the way loots going, I think it's time I took a little breather.

Decay btw I do not mind paying, but consistently getting 80% or less is beginning to piss me off a little now.

Tt return %
this month
89.6783%

markup sold
this month

after markup %
this month
94.5043% (2.0248%)

+/- overall
this month
-1008.67 ped

defensive cost
this month
291.62 ped (1.5889%)

since feb I'm running at 95.97% over 52k cycled. but 50% of this is on cyrene where I'm on a 99.21% return with MU.

I'm floating around 90% overall but I'm not much of a grinder.

Typically I have bad hunts with around 50-60% return then a good hunt with 150% return and then some hunts with just average 80-90% return so it all seems to even out in the end.

But the 90% rule is not something you should take so seriously unless you're looking at all your return over an entire year or something IMO.

I have return in mining panetside below 80% TT last two weeks (60% last two days), but these numbers means nothing. Too short period :)

think we need mythbusters on this one...

90% tt return is true for some...and false for most of us...I'm always over 2.9 eco (2.95 avg) - my returns over last two years are ~70%...

Maybe I will get a 5 digit loot to compensate - its most likely tho that - I wont..

Therefore - for my avatar this 90% return rule doesn't apply, well,...at least not anymore after the argument I had with kim/calypso - /MA...after that...the hofs stopped dropping..and with it dropped the avg. return for me.

Markup shouldn't be considered in the % return equation. Just saying. For example: If I loot a rare item that's only worth 2 PED, but can be sold or traded for thousands of PED, it still only "cost" MA 2 PED.

90% would very likely be the case if I wouldn´t gamble that often with high risk involved (above levels, full cond craft, amped mining)

I have return in mining panetside below 80% TT last two weeks (60% last two days), but these numbers means nothing. Too short period :)

This is what I'm getting planetside as well, long term a little better but not much.

90% tt return is true for some...and false for most of us...I'm always over 2.9 eco (2.95 avg) - my returns over last two years are ~70%...

Maybe I will get a 5 digit loot to compensate - its most likely tho that - I wont..

Therefore - for my avatar this 90% return rule doesn't apply, well,...at least not anymore after the argument I had with kim/calypso - /MA...after that...the hofs stopped dropping..and with it dropped the avg. return for me.

The "90% rule" doesn't apply to each individual avatar, but to all avatars as a whole. Which means some will get terrible returns, some will get great returns, some will get average - especially in the short term.

You just need enough money for playing when return is terrible, after this period you recieve a mining tower or a 4-5 digit HoF in hunting. But...you must play in the range of your budget. This means - no Feffox or Aurli if your budget is 2-3k PED. If you still hunt with digits I posted, your gambling style is called 'from depo to depo' :laugh:
90% TT return is possible

What do you mean still the norm? When was it ever the blomming norm! :laugh:;)

In Entropia, abnormal is the new normal.

Well, it used to be roughly 90% but steady it's declining this year, it's just getting crapper and crapper for me.
I now believe that not all 3 types of loot are separate. Crafting surely now takes away loot from hunting, don't care what MA say. Just need to see the hof list for the last year.

Looted 3 items this week, all was about 1/3 the full tt, nothing unlimited.

Hunting just sucks, and they need to sort it, or fire the damned balancing manager :mad:

Well, it used to be roughly 90% but steady it's declining this year, it's just getting crapper and crapper for me.
I now believe that not all 3 types of loot are separate. Crafting surely now takes away loot from hunting, don't care what MA say. Just need to see the hof list for the last year.

Looted 3 items this week, all was about 1/3 the full tt, nothing unlimited.

Hunting just sucks, and they need to sort it, or fire the damned balancing manager :mad:

Something to consider: maybe loot stays the same but the other players become more eco compared to you?

Something to consider: maybe loot stays the same but the other players become more eco compared to you?

This is an interesting point. A lot of new high eco setups have been hitting the market in the last few years. All those melee weps+amps for instance. It's gotten more competitive.

My guns fairly eco. Also been using guns looted during migration, to use them up.
Also decay I'm not taking into account, just the returns.

My guns fairly eco. Also been using guns looted during migration, to use them up.
Also decay I'm not taking into account, just the returns.

Decay is part of the eco though.

So, after Slapnuts 108k ATH, you all can see, it is possible 90% overall :)
Just hope and wait!

I'm not the best example of a hunter or crafter lately and I don't do mining runs for long time now.
My recycle of PED is very low these days, because I plan to do a big investement (big for my payroll anyway).
Last two weeks I have awful returns of 50%-40% with everything I do (Calypso - ROCKtropia).
Yesterday I got a small "return" of my losses.
But as I said this is only personal stats nothing more.

Markup shouldn't be considered in the % return equation. Just saying. For example: If I loot a rare item that's only worth 2 PED, but can be sold or traded for thousands of PED, it still only "cost" MA 2 PED.

Exactly

return != result

return is something you cannot control, while result is a combination of return and your choices (mob, location, tax or nontaxed hunting style etc)

Even if mob pays back your losses in MU, you still losing tt which should at one point be partial returned to you.
Only "extra" TT i would consider into the tt return that would be a tax back, since that is money taken already from your loot returned to you by choice of land owners. Unless its like a onetime HSL jackpot event, basicly only if its like persistent (example: payback on # globals).

I have to say the nice percentage days are definitely over (for me at any rate).
Since the beginning of this year my average YTD is running at 54.8% Hunting and 47.01% Crafting.
During the last 4 weeks Hunting has gone down to 45.33% overall; I haven't touched the slots lately as most items I hunt for to craft seem to drop less or I haven't looted during a hunt.
Admittedly with my returns being so poor, I am playing/depositing/investing a lot less.
Gz to all those who are still making their peds cycles :yay:

I am not big hunter (that means I dont hunt big stuff) but still want to share my thoughts.

This last week was the baddest of my entire 3.5 years EU ''career''. I did not do anything different from last weeks, hunting eco as always.

Why when there is ATH coming (or 3, like this week), 99% of players must suffer? Cant MA put some money somewhere (like a lootpool for ATH and release it at a certain number ) without drying up everything before it? They get money from players and still get more to have for the upcoming ATH. Thats just mean.

I know thats how it always been, but maybe they will change something in this. I personally hate it.

90% is the ppl who dont know how to track properly, sub 50 % return for week/month... yea... right :scratch2:

90% is the ppl who dont know how to track properly, sub 50 % return for week/month... yea... right :scratch2:

It's very possible for the week IMO.

The example you gave last time was 5k mobs @ 2.95 eco, I think that is a much better starting point.

The example you gave last time was 5k mobs @ 2.95 eco, I think that is a much better starting point.

Even if i get 2 globals from 5k peds spent im still over 80% at the very least 75%

Even then, last 60k cycled gave me a TT return of 62.31%..
Now go ahead Ivi, tell me I don't know how to track lol

Even then, last 60k cycled gave me a TT return of 62.31%..
Now go ahead Ivi, tell me I don't know how to track lol

Fine, be it as it may, im wrong and im out of pcf conversations about unfairness of lootsystem. Bck to game to profit cause appearantly im MA favourit. Same as smilgs... or linzey... or falagor... or messi... or one of the other many. That being said we all have one thing in common, ill let others figure it out (not like i havent posted it already quite a few times :D)

I never said you are anyone's fav.
I'm only saying you are wrong stating that 5k kills will get you a decent avg.
IDK how many kills it is these days but with these returns, I'm not motivated to find out :D
Maybe when you hit a bad streak again, you'll remember.. not like you didn't talk about that a few years ago
EDIT : did you forget the time you where trading becouse even with good mu on mining, you couldn't break even? How long did that period last?

I am soooooo tempted to comment ;)

But for once......I will hold my peace.

For those who don't track your returns, excel is your friend.

Rgds

Ace

Reactions: das
Back