Do we have chronic whiner problem in here?

whiteknut

Elite
Society
Vikings of Calypso
Snablesnot Male Young
This is more like rhetorical question. Which i was thinking while reading explosive projectiles blueprint thread, i went through the whiners (not all, but nice amount anyways) clear pattern drawed out. Biggest whiners are those who do not play themselves. I see ppl with no globals since 2013... There were no exp bps back then...
And if you open up the the biggest whiners you will see that they dont post only about this subject but multiple other things that MA is doing wrong.
There should be group "Whiners Anonymous" for people like that, with little playing you can get over your illness.

I myself sure i feel shitty when i get 1 success on 16 click (100ped per click bp) but i forget it as soon as i get some 10 out of 10 run. I don´t have time to post these "Greedy MA ruins it all" threads, because i know in the end average tt return is 90%(dont even think about arguing with that, as there are way too many threads about it), so no matter what MA does it is still upto players to choose right ways to turn that 90% tt into over 100ped with markup included.
Ppl complain about explosives, but are forgetting that thx to those you can get many things way cheaper than you used to (mining amps for example) and that will open new doors for you, crafters you can now get residue for under 101% (much better than the old 109%).
And it is not just about explosive projectiles, it is same in all categories. MA sucks for this and that, i do not play this game, but oh damn they suck. Security, CLDs, Advertising, New content, Pirates, pvp4, pets, buffs, webstore, userbound items ....

Whining will not solve your problems, you yourself are the answer for all your problems. Change the attitude and start enjoying this game, the sky is not falling, players are not leaving, MA hasnt stopped withdrawals, hackers havent beaten gold card security.

I love Entropia Universe

Last edited:
You start talking about one thing: complainers who don't play...that I totally agree with.

But then you morphed into what seems a diatribe about people all people who complain. And this I will never agree with. In a forum, it is easy to discount all negative discussion as "whining". To categorically use that term when someone is offering suggestions or voicing displeasure because they don't like the current status quo...that is very wrong. EVERY person that is fed up has a reason.

Discussion of the things that make people mad are, in reality, the exact things that help businesses grow, that help strengthen marriages, and is basically what stops us all from killing each other.

Certain people who don't play, yeah, they need to stfu. But the rest of us that do occasionally voice our displeasure...don't let the label "whiner" stop you...speak up, and help fix the things that we hate. And fuck anyone else who calls you names because you care about this game.

You start talking about one thing: complainers who don't play...that I totally agree with.

But then you morphed into what seems a diatribe about people all people who complain. And this I will never agree with. In a forum, it is easy to discount all negative discussion as "whining". To categorically use that term when someone is offering suggestions or voicing displeasure because they don't like the current status quo...that is very wrong. EVERY person that is fed up has a reason.

Discussion of the things that make people mad are, in reality, the exact things that help businesses grow, that help strengthen marriages, and is basically what stops us all from killing each other.

Certain people who don't play, yeah, they need to stfu. But the rest of us that do occasionally voice our displeasure...don't let the label "whiner" stop you...speak up, and help fix the things that we hate. And fuck anyone else who calls you names because you care about this game.

Sorry for being very confusing, but i mostly thought only those who do not play actively themselves. I understand this is forum and there can be dissatisfaction with the game, BUT if it comes from same guys who actually dont play themselves.. then it is a problem.

PPL whining about hunting event prizes while we can all see highest mob they can ever kill is shinkiba puny... etc.. People talking about heavy gamblers being lucky, while they themselves dont buy the lottery tickets (lets be honest high end crafting is much like playing lottery)

Sorry for being very confusing, but i mostly thought only those who do not play actively themselves. I understand this is forum and there can be dissatisfaction with the game, BUT if it comes from same guys who actually dont play themselves.. then it is a problem.

PPL whining about hunting event prizes while we can all see highest mob they can ever kill is shinkiba puny... etc.. People talking about heavy gamblers being lucky, while they themselves dont buy the lottery tickets (lets be honest high end crafting is much like playing lottery)

Yeah that I totally agree with. I wish there was a way to flag posters that cycle less than 1k ped per month so I don't have to read it.

But for me is not bored at work, let the whiners whine :) Poll? Poll!!!! :laugh:

But for me is not bored at work, let the whiners whine :) Poll? Poll!!!! :laugh:

If whining was not allowed, forum would be half as active :laugh:

I agree.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Goes out to all the whiners out there ''don't wait for the future, it comes soon enough''. :)

Agree totally to OP.

If there is disappointment about something, why not give some constructive critics.

We have a wishlist section in this forum, there everybody who is disappointed with anything can post some constructive ideas, that may picked up by MA.

Personally I hate whinning about gamemechanics.
Have done my own part of whinning aswell, especially about lootable space, that still sucks :D

What I see to much is whinning about things that aren´t so bad at all, but people don´t get it why MA did it this way and exactly this people are unable to adapt to new situations.

On the other side there is lots active players who have all the right to whinne about some serious changes happened in the past, but you rarly see them whinning, its more that exactly this people I have in mind are quit constructive with there criticts, sometimes even defend MA for their taken steps, although they have a personal disadvantage due to changes applied to the game.

And one more to say, most people forget the most important part. Its a game you should play for fun, not a plattform to make profits.
If you want the last one, damn get a job RL, deposit heavy and start a serious business.
All risk involved ingame activity should be done for fun, not for profits :D

Fun cost money (speak PED), so why bother if you have a loss?

To all who don´t get it that EU is still a game (oh no its more than a game), go play some subscription based game (yes you have to pay for fun) or play a micropayment pay to win game (yes there you need to pay for fun too).

MA has to survive! Thats the only way to keep EU alive, so all whinners only whinning and not playing: Deposit some PED and waste it for some fun, and stop flooding this forum with whinning threads how bad MA is.

If MA is really that bad, as so many whinners want to tell us here, why damn you are still here, why damn you are still posting. Grab your remaining PEDs, let it pay out, leave us as soon as possible, stop posting here and play WoW for all good !

+ REP to OP :)

Because that can´t work.

If everybody in EU could profit and do profit, MA would be bankrupt in no time, and EU dead.

a couple of results from a quick google for Whining and Mindark :
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2015/06/25/A-message-from-MindArk.xml
Fellow Entropians,

MindArk is overwhelmed by the warm reception of our new Classified Strongboxes.

As a token of our appreciation, we have decided to give a special thank you to “Whining Skeptic Aboard”, the first Entropian to boldly step forward and try out the new Classified Strongboxes.

Whining Skeptic Aboard, you will find your 100 Classified Strongboxes and Classified Strongbox Keys in your inventory. Enjoy!

Thanks for your interest in the new and improved Webshop!

MindArk

If you haven’t yet tried out the new Classified Strongboxes, head over to www.entropiauniverse.com/classifiedstrongboxes

Got to wonder if the token of appreciation listed above had anything to do with getting Mindark's google ranking on the word whining to go higher, lol?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ot-Algorithm&p=3253739&viewfull=1#post3253739

A quick google for Entropia and Whine brings up this result among others:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-IRL-economy&p=2470968&viewfull=1#post2470968

A quick google for entropiaforum and whine brings up among other things:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...p-Negativity&p=2939688&viewfull=1#post2939688

http://skeltoac.com/2005/11/21/project-entropia-scam-2/

Just posting the links since constructive criticism/discussion about whining has been a topic that's been going on a loooong time. Whining about whiners never has been the solution. It just creates more negativity in general. Negativity breeds negativity. Don't like all the whining? Start creating more positive threads yourself.

You cannot and should not try to control the actions of others. Doing so is a creating a breeding ground for mental illness to enter your own life.

Here's an optimistic thread I started back in 2012: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...247-Optimism&p=2949999&viewfull=1#post2949999

Funny how folks don't post much to it or create many similar threads when they see whining and want to whine about it. Instead they just keep creating more and more threads complaining about complainers...

Threads like this make me want to buy you all the new Snicker's candy bars...
snickers-hunger-bars.jpg

11373528_878573292232844_580430955_n.jpg

This game is a game, but it's also a "free to play" game. Complaining about those that don't deposit 90% of their monthly income just so that they can get back 90% (or arguably 0% possibly) of that in loot every single month is kinda silly. Some just play the game as a chat service only... and they are free to do so as that is just a different way of "playing".

Yes, some do complain. Yes, some do whine. So what. If you'd create two positive thread for every negative whining thread you see here, this place might be a much happier place to read...???!!!...

Last edited:
Because that can´t work.

If everybody in EU could profit and do profit, MA would be bankrupt in no time, and EU dead.

Profit is not for everyone, but it works! If you are smart enough, why not? And it's still a game ;)

Crone even notices some people whining about whining on this forum. And when that happens and Crone sees it, he starts whining about the people who whine about whiners. Which then in turn starts the whining about Crone whining about people whining because others whine so much.

If you spend your time reading these kind of threads to spending PED you would have been broke by now. Maybe whining isn't so bad afteral.

Greetz,
Crone

whining thread about whining.. fantastic!

this types of threads I see from time to time and they are never constructive!

If the biggest critics doesnt seems to play, ask the question why doesnt the play? and what is the backround of it?

And dont realy on entropiatracker. I logg in almost everyday and I rarely hof/global. I dont hunt, craft and mine that much either coz all the changes have made me stop. I still like some sides of EU very much and some side very little.

So what should I do?

and to be frank, why arent MA more interested in knowing what their customers think and feel?

Looking at the trend - Mindark will prolly go bust in a few (I believe in 2 years) years.

Crone even notices some people whining about whining on this forum. And when that happens and Crone sees it, he starts whining about the people who whine about whiners. Which then in turn starts the whining about Crone whining about people whining because others whine so much.

If you spend your time reading these kind of threads to spending PED you would have been broke by now. Maybe whining isn't so bad afteral.

Greetz,
Crone

So much this.

I'm tired of the whineception.

If the biggest critics doesnt seems to play, ask the question why doesnt the play? and what is the backround of it?

And dont realy on entropiatracker. I logg in almost everyday and I rarely hof/global. I dont hunt, craft and mine that much either coz all the changes have made me stop. I still like some sides of EU very much and some side very little.

So what should I do?

and to be frank, why arent MA more interested in knowing what their customers think and feel?

Looking at the trend - Mindark will prolly go bust in a few (I believe in 2 years) years.

You need to separate frustration from regular whining. Crying for the sake of crying is what OP is addressing, while the OP is written in frustration.

You need to separate frustration from regular whining. Crying for the sake of crying is what OP is addressing, while the OP is written in frustration.

no, it all boils down to frustration. It just looks that way but its always some frustration behind it all.
Could be a big thing och several smalls things that makes you whine about it all.

So what should I do?

Hit the nerve didnt i? But i am willing to bet you 10k peds that MA wont go bust in 2 years. You are one of those players i meant in OP, you dont play enough but yet still you have magical data that MA will go bust.

Hit the nerve didnt i? But i am willing to bet you 10k peds that MA wont go bust in 2 years. You are one of those players i meant in OP, you dont play enough but yet still you have magical data that MA will go bust.

No you didnt! and you seriously dont understand what im saying.

try figure things out instead, might do your perspective good.

I dont have a magical data.. . I look at their finance. They where saved by dollar last year but the trend is going down.

Alot of the actions MA is doing now looks like ways to save them, not to grow.

I don´t have time to post these "Greedy MA ruins it all" threads, because i know in the end average tt return is 90%(dont even think about arguing with that, as there are way too many threads about it), so no matter what MA does it is still upto players to choose right ways to turn that 90% tt into over 100ped with markup included.

:kos: Exactly! Mark up, mark up, mark up! But who cares, right? "It´s MA´s fault".

Chronic weiner syndrome. When you just can't stop being a dick.

No you didnt! and you seriously dont understand what im saying.

try figure things out instead, might do your perspective good.

I dont have a magical data.. . I look at their finance. They where saved by dollar last year but the trend is going down.

Alot of the actions MA is doing now looks like ways to save them, not to grow.

:) thats what i thought (about bet - it is the easiest way to show that ppl dont believe themselves the stories that they are claiming to be truth for others)

About MAs actions, ppl like you have claimed sky is falling for over ten years now and we are here (But i really do not understand why the whiners who refuse to play stay...)
The trend is going down? I think EXP bps giving them 10% of cycled every day.. is A huge thing and they sure will show much better numbers this year than last. MA survived world economic crisis and i am sure they know how run business. Number of auctions has gone up with last year (not much but still)... so what trends you are talking about i do not know..

Anyways this is not a whining thread, this is "i love MA" thread, i truly love this company, and about it not being constructive i have 2 construcitve option for you :1. Try playing bit more; 2. Quit... as atm you are just idling forecasting dark dark future. If i believed in that i would have cashed out long time ago.

You are ever worse blindfolded then the whiners you are talking about.

I ask the question ones more. If I really like some parts in EU and the gameplay is keep changing in a ways that affects the parts that I really like - what should I do? and if the things your might suggest doesnt work - what happens then you think?

I see you dont understand how mindarks finances work either. It doesnt matter if how much peds cycled each day. Its all about sold peds. And the ppl are buying less peds which means less profit for Mindark.

2013 - turnover 50M
2014 - turnover 41M

9M less is alot of money for a company with a size like Mindark.

I dont wish Mindark will go bust but the trend looks like they will.

And the coz of it as always - lack of communication.

:) thats what i thought (about bet - it is the easiest way to show that ppl dont believe themselves the stories that they are claiming to be truth for others)

About MAs actions, ppl like you have claimed sky is falling for over ten years now and we are here (But i really do not understand why the whiners who refuse to play stay...)
The trend is going down? I think EXP bps giving them 10% of cycled every day.. is A huge thing and they sure will show much better numbers this year than last. MA survived world economic crisis and i am sure they know how run business. Number of auctions has gone up with last year (not much but still)... so what trends you are talking about i do not know..

Anyways this is not a whining thread, this is "i love MA" thread, i truly love this company, and about it not being constructive i have 2 construcitve option for you :1. Try playing bit more; 2. Quit... as atm you are just idling forecasting dark dark future. If i believed in that i would have cashed out long time ago.

(But i really do not understand why the whiners who refuse to play stay...)
Becouse we still love the game & hope for a change where it's affordable/justifiable to play (hence cycle peds for + 8h/day) w/o having to pay 1k$ a month to do so.
& just to clarify, I do try to hunt eco.. i287+106 maxed, no enhancers used & adj fap or fapper for decay only.
If this is too much to ask for, then go wonder why we only have a few k players.. it's not couse the concept sucks..
& I do feel like I still have the RIGHT to whine even tho I haven't been hunting regular in the last year.. I think I cycled enough peds (hell it got me to lvl 105 natural)

Becouse we still love the game & hope for a change where it's affordable/justifiable to play (hence cycle peds for + 8h/day) w/o having to pay 1k$ a month to do so.
& just to clarify, I do try to hunt eco.. i287+106 maxed, no enhancers used & adj fap or fapper for decay only.
If this is too much to ask for, then go wonder why we only have a few k players.. it's not couse the concept sucks..
& I do feel like I still have the RIGHT to whine even tho I haven't been hunting regular in the last year.. I think I cycled enough peds (hell it got me to lvl 105 natural)

Everyone has right to whine, but the question is why those who use it most, are the ones who are not playing actively? Surely you have reason to whine, because in old days it was much easier etc etc, but maybe it is time to adapt with the new system and keep on going instead of not playing and whining? You seem to confuse not whining with depositing 1k each month, i think i can find lots of ppl who do not whine and do not deposit either.. Depositing makes it easier for the player, but not whining is cheap (it is free).
You seem to be defending something (whining without playing) for a reason unknown... If you do not play it cannot affect you and you shouldnt whine. Every single player has same situation(same game environment, same loot system, same markups) going on, some players try to adapt while others whine. Whining (both here and on social media) leads to less players playing this game, less players playing means whiners have even more to whine about...
So maybe ppl should think if MA can do something to change it before starting whining. For example whining for good loots of others is stupid, as you had the same chances. Whining for prices being too high is stupid, cause it free market, same with whining about too low prices etc etc.. most of the whining cases are worthless. I understand if player whines about constant Disconnections, graphic glitches, bugs, exploits.. but whining for others playing smarter than you, is just plain stupid.

NB! this reply is not directly to you, but all like-minded.

Whining will not solve your problems, you yourself are the answer for all your problems.

Correct I whined and took self action and stopped depositing 50-200 usd a week, along with stopped playing pretty much, besided a drunken late night I was bored and could not sleep, but still no deposit.

If enough people follow suit MA then will find that what they are doing is f'n stupid. 50-200 a week probably isn't much alone but it is me trying to make a difference. Depoing and playing is just leading them to doing worse and worse injections and changes to the game, what do they care your depoing so they think they are doing good.

This is more like rhetorical question. Which i was thinking while reading explosive projectiles blueprint thread, i went through the whiners (not all, but nice amount anyways) clear pattern drawed out. Biggest whiners are those who do not play themselves. I see ppl with no globals since 2013... There were no exp bps back then...

So true here. I have no problem with people speaking their mind about the game or even putting down it or MA; but what I can't stand is if that they are not active players!!!! If you want to whine or bitch about MA here you MUST BE AN ACTIVE PLAYER!! If not please move along. If you can't then please move over to entropiaplanets.com where sorry to say most of the non-players whiners go to bitch.

Last edited:
Back