Do we have chronic whiner problem in here?

Everyone has right to whine, but the question is why those who use it most, are the ones who are not playing actively? Surely you have reason to whine, because in old days it was much easier etc etc, but maybe it is time to adapt with the new system and keep on going instead of not playing and whining? You seem to confuse not whining with depositing 1k each month, i think i can find lots of ppl who do not whine and do not deposit either.. Depositing makes it easier for the player, but not whining is cheap (it is free).
You seem to be defending something (whining without playing) for a reason unknown... If you do not play it cannot affect you and you shouldnt whine. Every single player has same situation(same game environment, same loot system, same markups) going on, some players try to adapt while others whine. Whining (both here and on social media) leads to less players playing this game, less players playing means whiners have even more to whine about...
So maybe ppl should think if MA can do something to change it before starting whining. For example whining for good loots of others is stupid, as you had the same chances. Whining for prices being too high is stupid, cause it free market, same with whining about too low prices etc etc.. most of the whining cases are worthless. I understand if player whines about constant Disconnections, graphic glitches, bugs, exploits.. but whining for others playing smarter than you, is just plain stupid.
NB! this reply is not directly to you, but all like-minded.

Everyone has right to whine, but the question is why those who use it most, are the ones who are not playing actively?

I might be the excpetion, IDK, but I whine in the hope to get a better system.. I'm also sure there are some alts on pcf doing the same.

urely you have reason to whine, because in old days it was much easier etc etc, but maybe it is time to adapt with the new system and keep on going instead of not playing and whining?

In the old times, there was mu to make the bad periods barebale (prolly wrong spelling). I could loose 10k ped but still cove rit with 7k ped of mu on L guns.. that isn't the case anymore.

i think i can find lots of ppl who do not whine and do not deposit either.. Depositing makes it easier for the player, but not whining is cheap (it is free).

What do they do? Hunt shinkabi & accept the loss of 50$ a month?

You seem to be defending something (whining without playing) for a reason unknown... If you do not play it cannot affect you and you shouldnt whine. Every single player has same situation(same game environment, same loot system, same markups) going on, some players try to adapt while others whine.

No, I do have gear & skills left ingame wich are loosing % every day.
Not everyone has the same situation, there are those who ATH & loose, there are those with same turnover & 3k as max loot who seem to do ok if I talk to them.

So maybe ppl should think if MA can do something to change it before starting whining.

I've made a thread to get the balancing mùanager on PCF.. either he, or MA refuses to make a conversation at ALL.

Whining for prices being too high is stupid, cause it free market

No, it's not.. IF MA decides to drop 50 imkII's in the next 6 months you might understand that it's OFFER VS SUPPLY.
Both these things make mu & even then, there's the factor of being able to profit with it.

most of the whining cases are worthless.
I dount it, if ppl wouldn't care, they wouldn't spend their time pointing it out.. maybe you never been in that persons situation & that's the reason you don't understand them.. 90% of the case, there is room for improvement from MA's side, wether it be big or small

most of the whining cases are worthless. I understand if player whines about constant Disconnections, graphic glitches, bugs, exploits.. but whining for others playing smarter than you, is just plain stupid.

I could care less about the 0.05$ in batteries on the GC reader it costs me to relog.
Most of the ppl who are here to stay are the old timers who had a path that was sustainable.. .
I didn't check what year you created your ava but mine is from '06.
I could care less bout a graph bug then a disconnection or lag error..
Is that the new generation who has too much money, again IDK but for me...
EU is all about the RCE & I could care less about auto tool or graphics.

I hope this makes you understand me a bit more...

I might be the excpetion, IDK, but I whine in the hope to get a better system.. I'm also sure there are some alts on pcf doing the same.

Surely you have reason to whine, because in old days it was much easier etc etc, but maybe it is time to adapt with the new system and keep on going instead of not playing and whining?

Sorry to say but: Yes. Now on any changes that will happen you will just be here bitching how nothing is like the old days and go on and on why you no longer play the game. So yes maybe you should look at that and from it move on to something else. Of course you will not. You will not change but feed off any changes made and come back with how it was in the old days and how you never deposit due to the fact.

Again sorry to say the game will never be as you thought it once to be. So please just move on and hopefully you may find something better.

oooooh boy.. you have no idea, do you
did you see me whine about tiering, events, ath's, rare loot drops, buffs, pills?
not to mention deposits.. i haven't depo'd in the last 5 years, yet, I depo'd more then you ever will

So true here. I have no problem with people speaking their mind about the game or ever putting down it or MA; but what I can't stand is if that they are not active players!!!! If you want to whine or bitch about MA here you MUST BE AN ACTIVE PLAYER!! If not please move along. If you can't then please move over to entropiaplanets.com where sorry to say most of the non-players whiners go to bitch.

That doesn't make sense. Some people are no longer active because they are disappointed in negative changes to the game.

Yes we do.

Who cares if somebody liked the game better 10 years ago. That's not how it is now.

Adapt, Migrate, or Die.

So true here. I have no problem with people speaking their mind about the game or even putting down it or MA; but what I can't stand is if that they are not active players!!!! If you want to whine or bitch about MA here you MUST BE AN ACTIVE PLAYER!! If not please move along. If you can't then please move over to entropiaplanets.com where sorry to say most of the non-players whiners go to bitch.
Actually, there's a lot less whining going on at Entropiaplanets than here many days. You just don't see it here since mods delete a lot of stuff very quickly. You obviously do have a problem with people speaking their minds or you wouldn't be posting here.

As mentioned earlier, some that do whine or complain are very active, just not the same way that you are (after all it is f2p game, so some just log in to chat or sweat, or even to just look up things since some that come in to game are just reporters for various gaming forums or ezines or whatever), or they just see things differently than you might (maybe they deposit once a year when they get a tax return or whatever, or maybe they just log in for mayhem and nothing else most of the time (getting bitched at every time they post anything on the forum for not getting a global every week), or are trying to run a shop in a game where that is very difficult since Mindark keeps making the estates not work, puts them up against an auctioneer that has agents on every town in every planet, or whatever).

I'm not defending whining, but will say that complaints on some forums, especially here in the main forum that Mindark has eyes on most of the time, and actively posts to regularly, has caused a lot of changes in game in a lot of different areas over the years.... Rightly or wrongly, Mindark DOES listen to the forums from time to time, including some of what you might consider to be whining threads.

Again, you can control your own actions and thoughts, not those of others. Trying to do so is not necessarily healthy, and in those few cases where you do manage to do so (often seen when someone new comes to the forums and stops posting after a few days of getting beaten up verbally on the forums here) it comes across as cyberbullying, which imho happens way too often here... "You don't think the way I do, so get the fuck out now and shut the fuck up" mentality isn't exactly the best way to grow a community. Instead, that type of attitude is exactly why there is so much negative whining here that you are complaining about instead of other types of content. (You might have scared the other content creators away, and some of them will never be back, either to the forum or the game itself)

Last edited:
no offense but this thread is really funny :D

if someone is happy with the game he doesnt whine.

so basically you just realized that someone who whines is obviously unhappy with the game and certainly stopped playing because of that?

lets take an exemple. corruption in football suddenly grows a lot (or whatever ou could imagine, rules are changed and there are no more goalkeepers, game is played by 10 instead of 11 etc etc).
some fans decide to stop buying matches tickets, and whine about the changes, while others adapt and maybe find way to use that (bets, etc).

should the whiners just go and stfu because they are not paying to watch football anymore?

Rightly or wrongly, Mindark DOES listen to the forums from time to time, including some of what you might consider to be whining threads.

:coffee: Well said. I will write something on this soon.

This is more like rhetorical question. Which i was thinking while reading explosive projectiles blueprint thread, i went through the whiners (not all, but nice amount anyways) clear pattern drawed out. Biggest whiners are those who do not play themselves. I see ppl with no globals since 2013... There were no exp bps back then...
And if you open up the the biggest whiners you will see that they dont post only about this subject but multiple other things that MA is doing wrong.
There should be group "Whiners Anonymous" for people like that, with little playing you can get over your illness.

I myself sure i feel shitty when i get 1 success on 16 click (100ped per click bp) but i forget it as soon as i get some 10 out of 10 run. I don´t have time to post these "Greedy MA ruins it all" threads, because i know in the end average tt return is 90%(dont even think about arguing with that, as there are way too many threads about it), so no matter what MA does it is still upto players to choose right ways to turn that 90% tt into over 100ped with markup included.
Ppl complain about explosives, but are forgetting that thx to those you can get many things way cheaper than you used to (mining amps for example) and that will open new doors for you, crafters you can now get residue for under 101% (much better than the old 109%).
And it is not just about explosive projectiles, it is same in all categories. MA sucks for this and that, i do not play this game, but oh damn they suck. Security, CLDs, Advertising, New content, Pirates, pvp4, pets, buffs, webstore, userbound items ....

Whining will not solve your problems, you yourself are the answer for all your problems. Change the attitude and start enjoying this game, the sky is not falling, players are not leaving, MA hasnt stopped withdrawals, hackers havent beaten gold card security.

I love Entropia Universe

I'll agree with you that we definitely have a whining problem.. Especially when it comes to TT returns.. If returns are bad then just keep clicking and they'll even out..

However, I wouldn't dare even the most stupid of people to attempt to support MA's decision to implement the explosive bps.. You claim that amp prices are lower.. lvl 5 amps went from 107% to 103% on average according to me data since April of 2014.
That effectively made the markup required on loot to break even to switch from 117.3% for ores to 113.4% for ores. At that point my data shows that the average markup for all ores (not accounting for rare ores or poor distribution) before explosive bps was 116.7%.... That number has since fallen to 106.2%...

Clearly the lower cost of amps for mining has not decreased proportionately with the drop in ore markups..

Summary = your justification for explosive bps is flawed, incorrect, and there is no true defense for the explosive bp action by MA, save for the purpose of helping MA turn a profit (albeit this is a lazy excuse to boost bottom lines).

This game will continue to decay unless something is done about the economy, but we won't have that until compete is finished.. Which I hope happens before the sun gets old and explodes, but one can't be sure since we've been without fucking sound, a main fucking gameplay element, on arkadia for nearly 5.5 months.

I'm not defending whining, but will say that complaints on some forums, especially here in the main forum that Mindark has eyes on most of the time, and actively posts to regularly, has caused a lot of changes in game in a lot of different areas over the years.... Rightly or wrongly, Mindark DOES listen to the forums from time to time, including some of what you might consider to be whining threads.

You are right and, I myself, support whining. It is much needed as you pointed out. I just do not like it from the non active members who will most of the time just post how it was back in 2003 or before the v10 release and go on and on how they never play the game and what MA has done to the Project Entropia.

At the end, again, yes Whining is much needed and I'm happy to do it. I just know when and if I ever do leave this game I will stop posting here --- and if I do post here crying about the old times I would hope that the mods would kick me off the forum.

However, I wouldn't dare even the most stupid of people to attempt to support MA's decision to implement the explosive bps.

I won't say I support their decision to implement the explosives, but I will say, it has made me more active, and got me personally spending more even though I'm not depositing actively at the moment. The fact that the tt component is as cheap as it is allows me to use roi on aud and cld to buy em up and click the bp. That is something that I suspect others are doing as well. It's getting peds cycled that would have otherwise just been saved up and withdrawn. Due to that MA actually probably did a pretty good thing, at least from their perspective. More low end stuff like that needs to happen to allow roi to keep getting used. The explosives did a good job of that for crafters. Now they ought to do something similar for the other professions.

In general, I think chronic whining is not the problem, but a result. A symptom, if you will.

Reactions: das
Whining / complaining is part of every multiplayer game, and I love to be on the dark side and show how incompetent people are when they're doing something wrong.

Goes out to OZtwo.

Read your posts but your logic has a flaw, let me break it down for you.

Lets take Das for example, a player who has played many years, but stopped due to MA changing the system, does that mean due to his inactivity his words hold no value anymore?

I bet my house on that Das could play several life times if he played the way you do.

What you need to accept is the fact that inactive players do indeed have a place on the forum, we all started somewhere and some might return if the complaint is acknowledged and resolved.

Reactions: das
Whiteknut - where did u go? dont dare to comment anymore? I asked u a question that I needed your respons on.
I asked it twice even.. U are quick to say "your are this type of ppl that ect etc.." shall I say which týpe of ppl you are then?

Whiteknut - where did u go? dont dare to comment anymore? I asked u a question that I needed your respons on.
I asked it twice even.. U are quick to say "your are this type of ppl that ect etc.." shall I say which týpe of ppl you are then?

I stopped replying to you at the moment you refused my bet. If you do not believe in what you are saying yourself, why should i even bother reading it? And furthermore i was ingame trying to sell ur150s i crafted and crafted few more faps for sale, so not going to waste my time i can be ingame arguing with troll. (atm i am in Office and cant log in game, so i can reply to you.. but i dont know why i even bother)

You read financial statement and posted 2 numbers out of hundreds, if you look closely many things are up in 2014 and MA is doing better than in 2013. With your logic... look at transferwise company.. this loss is huge.. but are they going bust?.

So now you have your answers. Wanna make a bet? If not go back to not playing and whining, as it looks like it is the only thing you can do (i really hope you can do something else also, because doing that(whining/trolling) you are not really good either).

Why i didnt reply to other posts in here? Because i saw no reason to reply to persons saying "I am not playing BUT i used to, therefore i know what is best for current players" It is like telling your ex-wife new husband what to wear and what to do near her (clearly you dont know, why else is she Ex-wife)...

Haha great reads here, let me threw in my 2 cent.

Imagine PCF without winers and just content people, that would be super wired and feel a bit like scientology, screaming the cake is a lie.

Too much whining might be annoying but its never a good idea to exclude a faction (in that case the whiners faction) from a debatte for the sake of a healthy and diversified debatte about everything that have to do with EU.

Without whiners and people that lay waste to their arguments this forum would lose all credits for new people interested in the game. It dosn't matter the game, whiners are everywhere. A forum without them weren't the utopia but closer to orwells 1984.

I guess people who really want a ticket into la la land could make a forum group and share forum names to blacklist to gain access into utopia ,)

Imagine PCF without winers and just content people, that would be super wired and feel a bit like scientology, screaming the cake is a lie.

Too much whining might be annoying but its never a good idea to exclude a faction (in that case the whiners faction) from a debatte for the sake of a healthy and diversified debatte about everything that have to do with EU.

Without whiners and people that lay waste to their arguments this forum would lose all credits for new people interested in the game. It dosn't matter the game, whiners are everywhere. A forum without them weren't the utopia but closer to orwells 1984.

I guess people who really want a ticket into la la land could make a forum group and share forum names to blacklist to gain access into utopia ,)

GREAT post!

This forum is no different than ANY other forum...we have nothing to be embarrassed about. And IF it was a bunch of disneyland hoo-ha where everyone got along and patted each others asses and accepted the status quo, I sure wouldn't want to be a part of it.

Interesting angle, I like it, +rep

Rgds

Ace

haha that was one lame attemt to bash me!

First off- why would I wanna make a 10k bet if MA wanna go bust? thats just stupid... I was saying that looking at the TREND they are in a big risk of going bust. I hope im wrong but the trend do looks like it.

You are welcome to look at my previus post in this forum where u will see that im not a trolling or whining kinda person. I do post cunstructive arguments tho.

As I wrote Before, I play almost everyday. I dont spend that much peds but I logg in which mean im playing the game.

Right now you are the whining troll coz your only way to communicate is by attacking in me as a person and not the issue.

So whiteknut - shape up and read my whole posts as you clearly hasnt.

And plz, ones more - tell me what to do about the issue I asked for your opinion about

I stopped replying to you at the moment you refused my bet. If you do not believe in what you are saying yourself, why should i even bother reading it? And furthermore i was ingame trying to sell ur150s i crafted and crafted few more faps for sale, so not going to waste my time i can be ingame arguing with troll. (atm i am in Office and cant log in game, so i can reply to you.. but i dont know why i even bother)

You read financial statement and posted 2 numbers out of hundreds, if you look closely many things are up in 2014 and MA is doing better than in 2013. With your logic... look at transferwise company.. this loss is huge.. but are they going bust?.

So now you have your answers. Wanna make a bet? If not go back to not playing and whining, as it looks like it is the only thing you can do (i really hope you can do something else also, because doing that(whining/trolling) you are not really good either).

Why i didnt reply to other posts in here? Because i saw no reason to reply to persons saying "I am not playing BUT i used to, therefore i know what is best for current players" It is like telling your ex-wife new husband what to wear and what to do near her (clearly you dont know, why else is she Ex-wife)...

Just a couple of comments -

1. The forum rules don't require that members to be active players - or even players at all.

2. There is however a rule about excessive complaining/whining:
2.9 - Excessive Complaining
Excessive complaining and/or whining disrupts the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum and interferes with the ability of other members and visitors to enjoy their visit to PlanetCalypsoForum, and is therefore NOT permitted. Any content submitted to PlanetCalypsoForum that is considered by the Forum Staff to be in violation of this rule may be edited or deleted without notice.

Venting is one thing: we've all had a particularly irksome bug, or devastating loot run, that made us see red for a while. It's normal (and fairly healthy) to express that to others in a community. :grumble:

People understand, they empathise - they may even offer suggestions on how to workaround the bug, or offer suggestions on how to improve our gameplay, to help us get back in control of things.

But if someone is unable to move on, and continues complaining and whining over and over to the point where it's disrupting communication for the rest of the community, then that's unfair. :wise:

First off- why would I wanna make a 10k bet if MA wanna go bust? thats just stupid... I was saying that looking at the TREND they are in a big risk of going bust. I hope im wrong but the trend do looks like it.

You are welcome to look at my previus post in this forum where u will see that im not a trolling or whining kinda person. I do post cunstructive arguments tho.

As I wrote Before, I play almost everyday. I dont spend that much peds but I logg in which mean im playing the game.

Right now you are the whining troll coz your only way to communicate is by attacking in me as a person and not the issue.

And plz, ones more - tell me what to do about the issue I asked for your opinion about

Can you explain what you mean with "TREND" ?

"Looking at the trend - Mindark will prolly go bust in a few (I believe in 2 years) years." this is your phrase. If you want to back out of it, no problem. I just wanted to tell you that MA is not going bust and i am certain of it.
You say you post constructive criticism.. why do i fail to see it in any of your posts in this thread? One solution how to stop whining from happening by players not actively playing?
For me playing does not equal being online. Sure you can be online, i am saying if you are not crafter who gambles 20ped per click then you shouldnt whine about them getting ATH´es, if you are not hunting big ass mobs, you should not be the one to whine about loots from them etc etc...

And about "tell me what to do about the issue I asked for your opinion about" what isse you are talking about? I must have missed it between all the "I am not whining without reason posts"... ..
If you mean this mumbling:
" If I really like some parts in EU and the gameplay is keep changing in a ways that affects the parts that I really like - what should I do? and if the things your might suggest doesnt work - what happens then you think?
"

It is really not an issue... but your perspective of the game, this is not what this thread is about, it is about people whining about stuff they do not know. About the end of your sentence sorry i do not understand what you are trying to say.. Maybe try playing bit more, you will learn that this game has some unique systems that can help you be smarter than other players and even profit.

Really i do not understand what do you want? Freedom to whine? Go ahead no one is stopping you, but remember before whining maybe try playing the game more, as very often the whining is caused by lack of knowledge. (for example: Loot sucks i have 30% tt returns.. start a log, log everything and you will see that you were wrong).
I am not saying ppl with constructive criticism should stay quiet, i am saying whining without knowledge of the game seems stupid, and people who do not play cannot possibly have any issues to whine about.

It is like whining that red wine gives you head ache, and you refuse to drink it. And shouting it in red wine store... Why? Who does it help? Maybe someone listens to you, stops buying wine, wine company has less money they reduce costs of production and maybe the new wine will give you even bigger head ache. Ppl complaining about stuff that is same for everyone and others can easily handle.....

So maybe phrase your issues little bit better and stop taking it as personal insults. I am just saying posting things like "Ma will prolly go bust" is considered in my eyes whining without constructiveness in it.

Can you explain what you mean with "TREND" ?

The turnover has been decreasing over the last couple of years. It would have been ever worse last year but thanks to the dollar went up they turnout was better then what it could have been.

So the trend is looking like Mindark is lossing customers faster then getting new ones.

The turnover has been decreasing over the last couple of years. It would have been ever worse last year but thanks to the dollar went up they turnout was better then what it could have been.

So the trend is looking like Mindark is lossing customers faster then getting new ones.

Hmm ok, where can we find the numbers of this?

Where can we find the numbers of this?

well, you can Always look at their financial statement or a Quick overview on this link.

http://www.allabolag.se/5566404769/MindArk_PE_AB

I havent seen actions been taken from Mindark other then Compet.

If the Casino-platform works out good it might be a springboard for a new market.

But for EU, I havent seen actions to make it grow

well, you can Always look at their financial statement or a Quick overview on this link.

If the Casino-platform works out good it might be a springboard for a new market.

This shows financial numbers, not "losing customers", just less deposits in 2014 than 2013, thats it. They also reduced their operating costs etc and in total 2014 year looks much better than 2013. Dont quote just part of the financial statement (also there is thread about it already going on)

Just a few things that just popped up into my mind:
CLD Landplots, More agressive advertising, Merchandise store, Ingame advisors, Classified Strongboxes....

And you are mentioning Compet?
Something that isnt even implemented atm...

Just a few things that just popped up into my mind:
CLD Landplots, More agressive advertising, Merchandise store, Ingame advisors, Classified Strongboxes....

And you are mentioning Compet?
Something that isnt even implemented atm...

CLDS, Merch, advisors and strongboxes might give a shortterm better income from excistingplayers but it will not attract new ones.

Agressive marketing is a most I believe.

Yes, compet might give Mindark as a company better turnover if the investment turn out to be good.

You can ask yourself if u have been playing and depositing for a year - would you recomment the game to a friend? if not, MA has failed in one of the best channels for new customers.

CLDS, Merch, advisors and strongboxes might give a shortterm better income from excistingplayers but it will not attract new ones.

Agressive marketing is a most I believe.

Yes, compet might give Mindark as a company better turnover if the investment turn out to be good.

You can ask yourself if u have been playing and depositing for a year - would you recomment the game to a friend? if not, MA has failed in one of the best channels for new customers.

How do you know what attracts new ones? Can i please get a link to your RCE game that is highly successful?
I think those who do not whine, actually do recommend it to friends. If you do not, and you do not enjoy the game? Why are you here?

And arent you going bit far from the subject of this thread?

Back