What do you think EU needs to be elevated to the next level and become truly great.

Raine

Provider
Society
cK Coat Killers
Alexia Raine Ashton
Okay, so this is a serious question, and looking for serious detailed answers.

Please refrain from answers like "better loot", or anything else related to money.

Strictly content wise, what would you love to see in EU?

I'll start off saying that I would like to see more of a use for skill levels besides being able to use equipment and increasing hp, etc. I'd love to see some actual usable abilities, or high skill levels having an impact. For example something like 5,000 Wounding would give 5% higher crit damage, 10,000 10% etc.

What are your ideas?

Polish and balance. Until it is good enough to advertise. Then heavy advertising.

Immersion

there is no lore, story, backstory or coherence what so ever.

pretty much nothing is explained and the small detail in the game sucks. (arkadia is better at this though)

I mean there used to be civilian npcs in hadesheim and some story but we've stopped pretending that this game needs improving for people to play... all we need is enough to waste their peds and the rest can rott in to oblivion along with umbras and half our content

I find myself logging in and playing more frequently when there is new content (especially new missions) to explore which doesn't cost a fortune to play.

Grinding mobs doesn't cut it for me anymore. I lose interest rapidly.

Okay, so this is a serious question, and looking for serious detailed answers.

Please refrain from answers like "better loot", or anything else related to money.

Strictly content wise, what would you love to see in EU?

I'll start off saying that I would like to see more of a use for skill levels besides being able to use equipment and increasing hp, etc. I'd love to see some actual usable abilities, or high skill levels having an impact. For example something like 5,000 Wounding would give 5% higher crit damage, 10,000 10% etc.

What are your ideas?

I was thinking about your idea as well. I thought it would be great if skills were more "lively".

Example -

You need to unlock MMS to use a scope on your weapon or perhaps unlock the different crosshairs, or RDA to use a laser sight.

I think it would make grinding and gaining skills a LOT more exciting. Especially for newer players.

The ability to compete in team sports.

I'm not necessarily talking about football, rubgy or hockey, but maybe something where people can get together and do something that isn't hunting, mining or crafting based.

The benefit of this is would be to encourage people to interact, while also co-operating and being competitive at the same time.

Way way back, someone devised a form of "Entropian Football" involving teams and PKing. Sadly, it didn't take off beyond an initial test game.

The ability to compete in team sports.

I'm not necessarily talking about football, rubgy or hockey, but maybe something where people can get together and do something that isn't hunting, mining or crafting based.

The benefit of this is would be to encourage people to interact, while also co-operating and being competitive at the same time.

Way way back, someone devised a form of "Entropian Football" involving teams and PKing. Sadly, it didn't take off beyond an initial test game.

I've done Entropian rugby at the new oxford bridge with "Officially-uk-Owned.net" and some other socs:cool:

we do have the fort events but everyone got tired of all the bug abuse

it depends on what you think is "truly great"

according to the uniqueness of the game, its longevity, we can say its already truly great as a niche game.

but if by "what it needs" you want to know how to make the game a truly great and popular success, then the answer would be a total redesign of all activities in the game.

There isnt many people willing to pay for such a grinding game where your progression only leads to do the same thing again and again, with the only difference is that you just spend more money with higher risks.

the RCE part is absolutely truly great, professions, buying, selling, auction etc.
the gameplay (hunting/mining/crafting/pvp/etc) part isnt and certainly will never be.

what i personnally want content/gameplay wise is too greedy, but hell if that happens one day, i can say goodbye to my social life

More use for attributes. Aside from a very small % of present players that were able to get high attributes pre nerf (early 2006), these days attributes are hard earned from general play and grinding missions.

For example, I have 133 agility (post nerf) and it really sucks that an avatar with 70 agility can just drop a bunny or slip on a cheap L ring and outrun me.

Stamina could give more regen, or something.

etc.

Fix the exploits first and foremost, if forcing people to play in pvp and pvp lootable it should be exploit free and top priority above all else to make sure fair play is at 99.99999% in such areas. If you can't provide such fairness allow a workaround until you can so people don't get fucked over because of bad quality programming from MA's side. One thing to lead the way is to fix pvp latency issues, fix the net code so latency issues are not such a drastic cause of a lot of pvp and pvp lootable inbalance.

Balance loot more fairly based on contributions when in teams or in shared loots. The big item drops dumping on the avatars that contribute the least is total BS.

Reduce the amount of items a person can publicly auction and instead make a system to identify which shops/shopkeeper pads have what you are looking from properties that are purchased, make it browse-able like the auction house. Further more make auction house sales an event not a constant tool to use. If MA is worried about money making here charge for browsing privilege to easy find shop locations etc.

Fix loot pool drop rates so the first ten people to global in each event when MA adds new stuff are not the only people to get stuff, space out when and who gets the shit for cripes sake. This X number of some item dropping all within minutes of one another is total BS.

Keep with the theme of the genera of the game. Why the hell do we have magic rings but no magic user abilities to try to enchant things ourselves. Nanobots made sense, pills make sense, pet boosts make some sense, but magic rings is just dumb. I swear it was them trying to grab the public audience from the mass exodus of players leaving world of warcraft. All this dumb addition of crap happened just months after a public announcement of millions of accounts closing down because of disgruntled players on world of warcraft.

Story lines would be good within the game not just on the forum. I use to like doing the mission chains Calypso once had and NI had. Grinding is ok but bring back some story.

Make some decent none bone headed decisions to just add stupid stuff like EP blueprints that you know will upset game balance and people in general that play the game. By far one of the dumbest quick money making things that effected the game.

Well I could go on but I am sure I will be ridiculed for making the wall of shit that I think needs to be addressed already.

In the end it all resumes in to a sinple answer:

-less lazy / def /greedy developers and management

They need to expand the game, not limit, they need to stop thinking on today's money to think ahead on the possibilities, and I could not leave without saying, they need to stop wasting time with useless, annoying pets and focus on more serious issues.

I'd give them this advice - give a small child an amazingly high tech toy and within a few hours they'll be more interested in the card board box it came in.

The greater the effort of the dev team to constrain, focus and lead players into a certain playing style the more likely they are to piss them off as they lose EU's individuality that set them apart from other games.

And get the players back on side, they were the greatest asset MA had.

maybe some form of smaller fort event. 5v5 maybe or 3v3 maybe? have certain gear for it to be balanced and have objectives.

i also agree with SpikeBlack

This game is already massive and has accomplished numerous goals that the gaming community has only dreamt about... Aside from making this game better in forms of bug fixing and optimization, all that's left is the implementation of more virtual reality based content..

In the forms of day-to-day activities in game away from the core professions and grind mission chain events.

But seriously.. Just get the damn game fixed and up to speed and double down on server capacities.. Then advertise the fuck out of this game and up TT returns by 3-4% as to retain that player base. The players are what makes eu great, and we need more of them. $1 from 10,000 customers is more money than $5 from 1,000.

Immersion

there is no lore, story, backstory or coherence what so ever.

pretty much nothing is explained and the small detail in the game sucks. (arkadia is better at this though)

I mean there used to be civilian npcs in hadesheim and some story but we've stopped pretending that this game needs improving for people to play... all we need is enough to waste their peds and the rest can rott in to oblivion along with umbras and half our content

I actually just did a post on this recently

I completely agree. The immersion in the game needs a lot of work and would go a long way to making the game great.

In my personal opinion, one of the best (and simplest) things they could do right now to help with the immersion factor is to utilize what they already have. Port Atlantis is abandoned, shops don't have enough advertising routes, there is no centralized place for lore and information (which could easily be New Oxford)....

If we were to simply begin utilizing these already existing pieces of the game to their potential, it would go a long way to helping immersion in the game.

Imagine living in apartment at port atlantis, waking up when you log on from the beds that are in the game, eating a temp. hp-boosting meal from the kitchen that already exists,

going down to the water and hanging out for a while at the newbie teleporter that got moved, then heading over to the mall (which the only place AH's should be) and shopping for the perfect gun.

That.

would be awesome.

I'm thinking that we need:

• Old style sweating back
  • Face to Face player trades
  • The ability to sit and lie down
  • The local mumble mumble as we chat

In order "to be elevated to the next level and become truly great," MA/EU needs competition from another real MMORCE.

All the above suggestions for improvement, including bug fixes, better immersion/gameplay, fixing exploits, stopping scammers, etc, etc are all well and good and probably all on MA's "To Do (eventually, someday... maybe...)" List. But without any serious competition, there's really no rush for MA to jump to it.

It's one thing to come up with every possible improvement/wish to make the game better. It's another thing for MA to actually get on the ball and start making all the improvements in a timely manner. Sure, they throw out a few crumbs of improvement here and there or address a well known exploit or bug on occasion after years of players complaining. But until the day a serious competitor comes along and offers a legit MMORCE alternative, you can pretty much expect the status quo to continue.

You can complain, whine, even threaten to quit, but as far as real and true MMORCE games go, MA is the only game in town and they know it.

Watch how fast MA gets off its ass if ever a well-funded development team with a genuine MMORCE product comes along to give them a run for their money. If one ever does, it will be good for all of us, including MA.

So to answer the OP's question, one word: Competition

"Competition is always a good thing. It forces us to do our best. A monopoly renders people complacent and satisfied with mediocrity."
- Nancy Pearcey

In order "to be elevated to the next level and become truly great," MA/EU needs competition from another real MMORCE.

This would certainly make all the difference,whether bad or good it would surely shake things up.

Its probably safe to say that if a serious,well funded competitor showed up a very large portion of EU's current playerbase would at least go for a look and if they come back or not is anyone's guess.

No business owner wants any of their customers looking next door,its hard enough to get them in in the first place.Given the churn in online games you'd have to think it's doubly important to get it right and give them no reason to even look elsewhere.

All the above suggestions for improvement, including bug fixes, better immersion/gameplay, fixing exploits, stopping scammers, etc, etc are all well and good and probably all on MA's "To Do (eventually, someday... maybe...)" List. But without any serious competition, there's really no rush for MA to jump to it.

It's one thing to come up with every possible improvement/wish to make the game better. It's another thing for MA to actually get on the ball and start making all the improvements in a timely manner. Sure, they throw out a few crumbs of improvement here and there or address a well known exploit or bug on occasion after years of players complaining. But until the day a serious competitor comes along and offers a legit MMORCE alternative, you can pretty much expect the status quo to continue.

You can complain, whine, even threaten to quit, but as far as real and true MMORCE games go, MA is the only game in town and they know it.

Watch how fast MA gets off its ass if ever a well-funded development team with a genuine MMORCE product comes along to give them a run for their money. If one ever does, it will be good for all of us, including MA.

So to answer the OP's question, one word: Competition

"Competition is always a good thing. It forces us to do our best. A monopoly renders people complacent and satisfied with mediocrity."
- Nancy Pearcey

Well said.

Sitting +1

When it comes to immersion, the little things really matter.

Get ready for this... it's gonna blow your mind.

The removal of rookie chat.

So people actually have to go out and make friends and talk to other players face to face. Rather than grinding 10 hours a day while having epic troll battles with complete idiots.

Get ready for this... it's gonna blow your mind.

The removal of rookie chat.

So people actually have to go out and make friends and talk to other players face to face. Rather than grinding 10 hours a day while having epic troll battles with complete idiots.

Bring back old chat , remove explos bp(or upgrade to 1k ped click) , stop add buffs , make 2 planets Calypso and Other <removed> and there we go again A GAME :eyecrazy::D:yay:

Last edited by a moderator:
You dont need to look at the rookie chat , its in a separate tab so it wont bother you , unless you go there on purpose to look for trouble ....you wanna make this game great , fix the bugs first of all , that should be a priority , a story is very important for the players , its exciting to discover hiden places , explore etc oh and bring back the umbranoids ...plz ...

Im sure several ppl like the implementation of rings, buffs, pets, etc.

But, I would like EU to be simple again.
There is to much of everything.

Atleast remove some old crap that ppl dont use anymore and tell us that u did.

These are such small things but brought so much to the game. The silence in the towns where there can be 20 or more people standing around is just depressing whereas it used to be a hubub of sound.

Start getting serious about exploits and the people who use them, and those who use multiple accounts to gain an advantage over those who play by the rules

Stop diminishing the importance of player to player trading.

instead of new loot cut down the loot we have now and make it so every profession need it for hunting mining and crafting i taught they made a good idea whit shrapmetal the bring the loot up in mu but after they made the explosive bp

I really miss the "talking" while chatting as well. That coupled with the hand gestures made everything feel more alive. It was one thing that set PE apart from all other MMOs, anyone know why the hell they did away with it?

As for competition, well that may be a possibility in the not so distant future ;)

instead of new loot cut down the loot we have now and make it so every profession need it for hunting mining and crafting i taught they made a good idea whit shrapmetal the bring the loot up in mu but after they made the explosive bp

I agree with cutting down on the new loot and making other stuff needed but disagree entirely with your shrapnel comment. As someone who was skilling Tailoring that is now dead for me. Instead of k's of clicks per week I now do 0-25 actual clicks. Colouring skilling has been affected too with the demise in paint drops. Ofc there are so few of us affected no one really cares anyway.

Last edited:
i wanna see some new uses for all that useless crap we usually tt, so it makes more sense keeping and stacking up that stuff.

so many new components, wires and other crap was introduced, but they mostly have no use even months/years after introduction!!! (=fail)

and honestly, especially on calypso regarding their new improved shrapnel+ammo loot - FUCK THIS - it's neither fun, nor interesting, nor does it make sense to grind for that shit.

MA could maybe develop some more upgrade missions for our guns, armors or other items, that use (SHITLOADS) of this stuff, and not again some new super-rare shit.

and last but not least, dear mindark/calypso, communicating with customers is even more valuable than new content in my opinion. maybe ask ark-team if you still have no idea how to do that, because THEY KNOW. the communication between your customers and you is 99.9% onesided like talking to a stupid wall. even a short reply to some threads here on PCF without any deeper meaning could makes us think, that you actually care...

(i bet i'm not alone to feel often like you don't care at all. start making the majority of us happy again, and stick the new crap up someones ass please!!!!!)

:wise:

Back