What do you think EU needs to be elevated to the next level and become truly great.

i wanna see some new uses for all that useless crap we usually tt, so it makes more sense keeping and stacking up that stuff.

so many new components, wires and other crap was introduced, but they mostly have no use even months/years after introduction!!! (=fail)

and honestly, especially on calypso regarding their new improved shrapnel+ammo loot - FUCK THIS - it's neither fun, nor interesting, nor does it make sense to grind for that shit.

MA could maybe develop some more upgrade missions for our guns, armors or other items, that use (SHITLOADS) of this stuff, and not again some new super-rare shit.

and last but not least, dear mindark/calypso, communicating with customers is even more valuable than new content in my opinion. maybe ask ark-team if you still have no idea how to do that, because THEY KNOW. the communication between your customers and you is 99.9% onesided like talking to a stupid wall. even a short reply to some threads here on PCF without any deeper meaning could makes us think, that you actually care...

(i bet i'm not alone to feel often like you don't care at all. start making the majority of us happy again, and stick the new crap up someones ass please!!!!!)

:wise:

I also agree with this. I think if there are proper communication from MA, interaction here on PCF, and even pop into game at peak times to chat to players, then I think the player base might feel much different about Entropia, even with the current issues and content.

I think what EU needs is better documentation. A lot of the information I found has been outdated. And with some of it being so old I don't know what to trust. Some of the documentation I have seen in recent posts references documentation saying new players appear in Port Atlantis. Even a link to the Entropia Universe Guide 2014 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GaGyL56JOhFAM3mIJedJw2sRIVUsb4VWDvqjN_s_I3M/edit on the launcher would be a big help.

I have to disagree with removing Rookie chat. I agree that most times there are people using it as a general chat and trolling channel. But I learned so many things about EU by watching it that it was still valuable. And rookies (like me) need a place to ask a question and get an answer.

If it wasn't for Rookie chat, many new players would be TT-ing vehicles with TT value but no structural integrity. People would be buying the starter packs and equipping all the un-eco gear and wondering why they don't have enough ammo to finish the tutorial. (Oh, right the starter includes ammo, but they shouldn't be using that for the tutorial.)

We could use some ideas to keep Rookie for rookie help.

Tele-Presence to Other Planets

Strictly content wise, what would you love to see in EU?

The one thing I've been thinking of lately is to be able to travel to the other planets as a tele-presence avatar from a teleporter. I picture it as being able to have alternate avatars on other planets that I can play as easily as teleporting. The tele-avatar would only have their ped card and what's in storage at the destination, their main character and items stay behind.

This is a way to get at content that's already available and could have a positive benefit for space when players want to transfer items to their alternates either by shipping them, similar to off-planet auction shipping or by traveling there with their "Real" avatar.

"Tele-Presence to Other Planets" isn't completely thought out but I can see it as a way to get the most out of the content that's already available. There could even be room for the tele-avatar having a different appearance and gender, although I would keep the same avatar name or "new name" as played by "Real" avatar name followed by society name and profession.

It seems like a pretty easy thing to try and could be switched on with very little change.

Best solution, have mentors be forced into the face's of new players. Don't make it 'rude' to spam mentor invite everyone you see. Remove the cap. When a player logs in force him to see a list of 100 mentors signed in, and sign him up to 20 of them at once. Have some kind of system that it kicks 19 of the 20 that are not as active/whoever chats the noob the most. Whatever. Work on your mentor system, you have thousands of unpaid employee's willing to integrate new players into the game for essentially free (your mentor rewards are a joke and I still participate in the program)

• Old style sweating back
  • Face to Face player trades
  • The ability to sit and lie down
  • The local mumble mumble as we chat
:yup:

It's an old game with it's Golden Age behind it. So... The recipe is simple.
Bring back the frontier spirit it once had - the core, the original, basic ideas it was built upon.

Wish i could say that's all u need to bring back the former glory, but it isn't.
There's another cornerstone for success. The developers have to believe in their work. You either have the vision or u're left with aimless tossing from one quick cash grab scheme to another... and ppl are not stupid, sooner or later they'll figure it out. Why should ppl believe in the game if it's developers don't?

I find myself logging in and playing more frequently when there is new content (especially new missions) to explore which doesn't cost a fortune to play.

Grinding mobs doesn't cut it for me anymore. I lose interest rapidly.

Grinding mobs, a vast profusion of stackables and limited items, a freakin' bazillion different guns, weapons and armors in the game...does it REALLY need that many? Loots that primarily consist of ammo...and shrapnel, which converts to ammo. (It's totally retarded to have both). The sheer number of different items makes searching for what weapon should be your next upgrade into hours spent standing like a moron in auction--or out-of-game on Entropedia--comparing the myriad stats. To summarize, I think this game has gotten ridiculously overloaded with unnecessary stackables & (L) items. Just imagine how daunting it is to join as a newcomer and be faced with all this sh!t. Does the game truly need it? Hell no...the game was NEVER simple, it was always complex, but it was more enjoyable before, without much of the crap that pollutes the game now.

Introducing a way to upgrade a mediocre armor was cool, but making it damn near impossible for any but the zombie 24/7 grinders to accomplish that again puts the gameplay directly into the laps of the ubers, not the level of player that the armor was made for in the first place. Just one example.

I do appreciate that there are missions & mission chains that give some players things to do that don't always cost weeks of grind-fests and PED-sinks. The rewards are infinitesimal but it's still fun to figure out ways to complete some of the missions without being a zombie grinder. As others said, there could be more thought put into a back-story. The more people are encouraged to grind, the less relevant the game will become, as far as immersion goes. Promote exploration somehow; I've frequently stated a hundred times over the years to have items spawn to be found by sharp-eyed explorers, even a good rare item now and then. Cut back on the development of all the CRAP and put some of those resources into these random item spawns; the items could spawn for a period of time, then disappear if not found, only to reappear somewhere else. This would get people out exploring their world rather than standing around sweating or grinding brainlessly.

Hire back/negotiate a deal all of the SEE/FPC folks to come back including and especially Marco. (or alternatively, hire a creative team just as good or better)

Have focus be 100% on fixing exploits, and game testing for 6 months before making major changes.. fix EVERY SINGLE exploit or bug that's been reported to support or mentioned on ANY of the forums (not just here)... actually hire a small team of guys/gals to do nothing but community relations (no more Marco or Hanne alone stuff, do a small team of 3 that is working in rotations, so that 24 hours is covered in 3 eight hour shifts every single day, no weekends - no holidays or hire a temp for the holidays/vacations/weekends, etc.). Give them a task of relating to the community, reading every forum out there for every planet daily, and possibly creating their own web portal/blogs, etc. that are maintained daily, every day of the year. Focus on transparency, not a heck of a lot of secrecy, but don't make promises you cannot keep. Give this community team a right to speak and speak a lot with the content development team, support team, and the programming team. Integrate it all at unprecedented levels.

Then focus 100% on massive multi-planet story development and ad campaigns both in game and irl (who remember Marika, orbs, etc.? Where's the Superbowl ad), and implement it all flawlessly without any exploits or bugs.

Then refocus on giving people a reason to log in daily even if they don't deposit a dime ever. Sweating and free stuff like fruit isn't enough. Develop the story down to a lot of details where you can play daily or at least 1000 hours without depositing a dime and still be 100% excited to log in and play a game with a cool story/plot. While doing this simultaneously focus on story development at all levels for all deposit levels from the a dollar a weekers to the million dollar a day folks... get rid of the grinding pointlessly without any story content other than grind some more for us to pay us some decay crap.

All of that may help a little.

Last edited:
'Social' buffs for top10 socs

'Social' buffs for top10 socs

I think social buffs are coming. If soc rank has anything to do with it, I hope it's skill volume based and not total skills.

Better communication with the players would improve this game. More informations during VUs with explanations when they nerf something.
I think it would increase the trust. I've sold everything and cashed out because I have no trust in the current EU team. They are doing dangerous moves that destroys economy only to satisfy few opportunists who profit out of it.
*Tinfoil hat on* For example I bet there are few ubers that have info from the first hand and they take an advantage of it (Cyrene, Rocktropia...)

This game is wonderful and it still has a lot to offer, but greediness is destroying it. Maybe if it was subscription based from the start it would be much better and more popular than now.

wow I think K-Max said it all! Well done sir

Retention Through Participation

To me some of the obvious things needed are to expand the social interaction in the game.
Many do not drop tons of money into the game to grind hour after hour , but still depo to purchase items to make the game more interesting , such as vehicle collections , clothing and other unique items.

Why not make what we have more useful.

Societies could be a cash cow for MA if developed correctly. Currently the only function I see of a society is Chat and the occasional land grab which the majority of societies do not play a part. What is missing is member participation. Here are a few things I think that might help with this.

• Message board
  • Buffs which could be purchased for single or group as a whole
  • Society centralized skyscraper where societies could purchase their own area to display their colors.
  • Countless ways for members to decorate and purchase amenities for Society hall.
  • Society member only teleports to be purchased , but not some ridiculous highway robbery price , since its a society hall , not a land area.
  • Member only clothing , that can only be worn by society members.

Other games use community interaction to great financial advantage.

A few ideas...
- stop the high rise buildings. Let the towns develop naturally, with main streets, shops side by side, expensive homes to cheap ass hovels available.
- get rid of the dumbass space pvp, let me hunt in peace. Or....make the whole thing pvp so any ass who tries to attack me can be taken out as soon as they land.
- space suits. Open up space for asteroid mining/hunting.
- Mindark, take a good, long, hard look at how you are spending our money in real life!
- I'm guessing (as someone who doesn't write code) not much can be done about how much computing power you need to run the game. It puts many new players off (especially it seems RT). I think the game was on the way to big membership before the new graphics almost killed it off.
- Make it very quick for planet partners to introduce new ideas or run events.
- Advertise it....More.
- more real world in-game advertising.
- I would like to see better items drop, even if occasionally.
- encourage more groups and businesses to work in-game. Find out what would make it easier/better for groups such as EFA or SFE to not only start up, but given a chance to succeed and grow.

I can think lot of things.
But the priority shouldn't be the implementation of new questionable systems or quest/ rewards for now.
The big priority should be to fix as many bugs they can and make this universe works without touching it for a while again!
We need to see Entropia without bugs for once.
That way many of newcomers might consider to stay longer than usual.

How can MA achieve this?
One thing I can think of and want to share, is the foundation of a “strategic investor” into the development department.
I believe MA need to make a move and find an ally! A big one, in software development and if it is possible from “Far East”.
If someone takes a look on Cryengine’s website and under the section of Cryengine’s Versions, it will realize that there aren’t many online MMO companies out there.
Using the CE 2 (that is in use right now). Actually are only two active. MA and another one (Korean).
We know what MA can do, but from my recent experience, I know what the other company can do better.

Development alliance can only be benefit for Entropia for MA and for us as well.

Example
Recent pet system for example, it is somehow disappointing in EU but the others made it awesome from the beginning. Pets there aren’t only buffer companions. They are fighting comrades, can skill up as we do and they can die for us on the field!!!! Without any bug situation! Just an awesome addition to players experience! One of the things I loved there.
I could write pages of ideas but that’s my primary one.

A few ideas...
- stop the high rise buildings. Let the towns develop naturally, with main streets, shops side by side, expensive homes to cheap ass hovels available.
- get rid of the dumbass space pvp, let me hunt in peace. Or....make the whole thing pvp so any ass who tries to attack me can be taken out as soon as they land.
- space suits. Open up space for asteroid mining/hunting.
- Mindark, take a good, long, hard look at how you are spending our money in real life!
- I'm guessing (as someone who doesn't write code) not much can be done about how much computing power you need to run the game. It puts many new players off (especially it seems RT). I think the game was on the way to big membership before the new graphics almost killed it off.
- Make it very quick for planet partners to introduce new ideas or run events.
- Advertise it....More.
- more real world in-game advertising.
- I would like to see better items drop, even if occasionally.
- encourage more groups and businesses to work in-game. Find out what would make it easier/better for groups such as EFA or SFE to not only start up, but given a chance to succeed and grow.

it's because we're running on old stuff for example it's been said that directx12 can potentially give you 30% extra power from your graphics card over 11(although I'm not sure anyone's utilized it yet) and we're running in directx-stoneage

1. bugfixes (thats most important imho, still to many old bugs around)
2. Storyline - in the past there was some, but it disapeared
3. Overwork crafting (that needs more details)
- 3.1. make all crafted components useable for other BPs
- 3.2. let all resources needed to craft actually drop - insane that I have BPs I paid above 1k PED for can´t be crafted because resource doesn´t drop anymore
- 3.3. rebalance crafted items and weapons BPs, make it useable and so crafted is competitive to looted ones.
4. More missions that have actually a story behind (see point 2)
5. Trade in missions, where useless crafted items could be converted into something useful (not necessary upgrade tradein, like mushroom guy or similar).

Mindark needs to look at all the wishes that the community has posted over the years.. Many have been realised but some are still not present, like lying down to name a simple one

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?151321-Help-Marco-deal-with-his-quot-frustrations-quot-

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?223297-The-most-annoying-bugs

They could even look at McCormick's blog and check out if they can reintroduce the content that they removed over the years. they recently reintroduced the resource gatherer which is the first thing McCormick mentions.. next up is the meat extractor..

So in short: Fix bugs most players find annoying .. we could create a new list... and re-add content ... Minopolis anyone?

Something awe inspiring.

Something that makes the national news.

I was playing a different MMORPG in 2004 and people were talking about some guy buying a virtual island

A year later I was playing a different MMORPG and people were talking about another guy buying a virtual asteroid.

I had to look into it.

I know we have had Island sales, a Space station sale and even a Moon sale since that time (even 50% sales of revenue on Calypso) but if anyone can think of something that wakes up the mainstream media like those two first press announement in 2004/5 then send a PM to Sweden. We will all benefit.

I know someone can think of it, otherwise Farmville and Candy Crush wouldn't exist (dull but addictive 'fun'). :)

Lower the cost of pvp dramatically, make it balanced so most players can participate.

Last edited:
I also agree with this. I think if there are proper communication from MA, interaction here on PCF, and even pop into game at peak times to chat to players, then I think the player base might feel much different about Entropia, even with the current issues and content.

+10000 for better communication please. Feeling like we're isolated from the decisions of upper management just makes me scared and cautious of having more than 5-10k ped on my avatar at a time. Knowing that something game breaking like explosive bps could happen and shit it all away

Lower the cost of pvp dramatically, make it balanced so most players can participate, and make pvp a profession similar to hunting etc. Obviously pvp should not infringe on other areas of the game where people don't want to pvp; thinking of an expanded hub. PVP is a popular game genre, especially multiplaying online pvp, and it's not been implemented correctly in EU. As the players themselves would generate the entertainment, MA only need to provide the environment and system, and the rest is taken care of. Making money from PVP would be a selling point.

Experience from long time observation in the online game industry indicates the follow:
MMO + PvP activities = heavy hacking/exploiting

Since EU is a real cash economy MMO, PvP need to be contained (planetside) or non existence at all (space).
Sorry to say, but for me PvP in EU doesn't needed, because since it concern "real money", it is a real illegal activity not just a "gaming fun" one(at least in space).

Get ready for this... it's gonna blow your mind.
The removal of rookie chat.
So people actually have to go out and make friends and talk to other players face to face. Rather than grinding 10 hours a day while having epic troll battles with complete idiots.

I think the benefits of rookie chat is underestimated. Many trolls do play the game as well as rookie chat, at least when they run out of money it gives them something entertaining to do rather than just sweat or log off. It allows you to steer clear of the knuckle draggers when choosing who to socialize with; for example, if a new player is excessively annoying or rude, I know that offering mentorship would be as fun as sticking my privates in a hornets' nest. It also lets people see that there is actually activity in the huge universe when they are in a time & place of low activity. We really don't need another sky-is-falling thread based on a person's myopic estimate of the universe because they don't have any green dots on their radar.

Best solution, have mentors be forced into the face's of new players. Don't make it 'rude' to spam mentor invite everyone you see. Remove the cap. When a player logs in force him to see a list of 100 mentors signed in, and sign him up to 20 of them at once. Have some kind of system that it kicks 19 of the 20 that are not as active/whoever chats the noob the most. Whatever. Work on your mentor system, you have thousands of unpaid employee's willing to integrate new players into the game for essentially free (your mentor rewards are a joke and I still participate in the program)

I like this idea. It gives mentorship something more than just hunt / mine / craft / skill to 100%. Make it more compelling for a new player to want to get a mentor. Currently many new players being skeptical of everything, act like I'm sending them a Nigerian Prince email when offering mentorship. :dunce:

Compel more new players into mentorship, but give a more thorough checklist of things to do so they have a better grasp of things, something like:

x ask your mentor about the oil rig
x ask your mentor about planetside mining vs asteroid mining
x ask your mentor about skill unlocks
x ask your mentor about SIB weapons

Before adding any new crap though, I concur with all the previous posts to fix the old crap.

Less client crashing/disconnects.
Less tool lag.
Less rubber banding.

Change unreachables because the eomon got its pinky toe stuck on a blade of grass. Mobs should pass through small obstacles easier. If it is stuck, make it easier to become unstuck. Have it pass through the obstacle after a certain period of time and pursue the player. Mobs shouldn't be unreachable when they have just spawned and aren't attacking anything. (Caraboks) Maybe put a timer on it so unreachable drops if it is not attacking anything?

Last edited:
Very good points on mentoring.

I find my disciples are graduating too quickly. Would be nice if there were "Stages" to mentoring, introduce a new stage, double the skill requirement, and give better rewards to mentors and disciples. And make the system more "lively" and interesting.

MA needs to focus more on these social aspects of the game than Iron Missions.

Get ready for this... it's gonna blow your mind.

The removal of rookie chat.

So people actually have to go out and make friends and talk to other players face to face. Rather than grinding 10 hours a day while having epic troll battles with complete idiots.

I agree here - at least to a certain degree.
IMO, rookie chat should be those less than level 5 on any profession and some appointed mentors.

Very good points on mentoring.

I find my disciples are graduating too quickly. Would be nice if there were "Stages" to mentoring, introduce a new stage, double the skill requirement, and give better rewards to mentors and disciples. And make the system more "lively" and interesting.

MA needs to focus more on these social aspects of the game than Iron Missions.

The social interface needs a ton of work.
This game is so heavily community-oriented that the social systems in the game are downright limiting.

I personally believe the following would be fantastic:
-Have an in world social network, because why the hell not? They're not that hard to make these days. Could easily be tied into a new and improved events terminal....
-it's one thing to have a character limit in local and rookie.. but in PM's? It should be a bit higher, at least. I hate having to guess when to hit the enter key, especially when I'm bouncing between 8 chats.
-chat bubbles....?
-A more decent newbie place than icarus. I loved it when it used to be Port Atlantis. IMO, we need to move it back there. I don't know why it ever got moved in the first place. PA is awe-inspiring when you first walk off the teleporter.

The 20 Disciple limit is absolutely ridiculous.

I have to put a dozen people on hold or tell them to find other mentors while I constantly dump the less active disciples and prioritize only the players that are MOST serious about the game and depositing regularly as I feel they are more likely to stick around and become contributing members of the economy.

I feel terrible about it. I'd love to take on 50 more sweaters as disciples and build some good karma. But MA apparently thinks they'll be better off with the "disciple-factory" mentors that log in once a week.

Change name of some old blueprints and tools, etc. to make them all unique. I think the similarity in spelling of some cause various people confusion/fear... same for a lot of other stuff in game. The overall learning curve for entry is high... and planets made it higher exponentially for every planet added.

A lot of mmos are not like Entropia and do one profession type of thing only. MA lacks that, but a lot of it is similar on some levels. Mindark should put together more in game tutorial type stuff that explains in detail the various stuff you learn about here in the forums so it's more apparent to anyone just logging in, etc... SIB charts showing min and max levels, detailed tutorial for every advanced blueprint like a flowchart thing that shows which ingredients go in to the entry level bps, then what is used to go in to the next level, etc. for the really advanced stuff that might require 3 or more crafted components... Perhaps highlight or bring up a search thing of which blueprints are needed to craft different components in the crafting gui thing... it has filters in there, but you could do some homework and make them a lot more complex. If it can tell you how many clicks of x you have, maybe it could tell you also in another tab or window or something that x will need crafted components z and y, and how many of each.

There's actually a LOT that can be done on the tutorial front... some has been done, but not enough.

Start reading the wishlist threads Mindark! :)

Start reading the various threads about various complaints, exploits, bugs, glitches, etc. not only in this forum, but on all of the forums, and do something about it...

A link to just about every single exploit/scam thread out there from the last few years is over at https://entropiascams.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/entropia-scammers-list/ (there's a lot of other stuff in that list too (like admissions to use of shared avatars, and a few conspiracy theories, links to various quotes about promises from devs from the past - some of which that have come true over time - and some of which still need to be re-evaluated as potential "to do" things to make promises from the past come true, etc.), but it should get you started as many, many exploit and scam threads from the past are in those links...)

Read those type of threads, not just here, but on all of the community forums for every planet, etc. Learn from them. Figure out why those exploits happened, and think about what you can do to prevent the same type of things in the future. What extra levels of playtesting to you need to do to stop it? If VUs take a little longer to release, so what if they are glitch and exploit free.

What promises from the past has Mindark or planet partners issued to the community that were not exactly 100% truthful yet, or are hallow promises or threats that have yet to be fulfilled ? What can you do to give those promises a new light and make them true? If there are any promises that will never be made true that have been made in the last decade that will never be made to happen, can you list those and give a statement as to why?... If they are on any 'to do' list, what's the eta on them being released (factories, and fishing come to mind, along with a variety of other stuff, especially some of the stuff listed over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...3-Marco-said&p=2597728&viewfull=1#post2597728 )

:)

Last edited:
1. space content and I mean loads of it! a number of players log into futuristic/sci-fi world to find out that the ground on planets is massive and has a lot to offer but the space... a lot of vacuum there, hello...
2. at least some mobs that are hard to track, find, aim at or similar, having low hp and rather bad damage. the point would be not to stand in a spot for minutes while shooting but to effort getting the target down before it reaches you. get this game more agile!
3. a player beyond commando lvl should not gain thousands of peds minuses with maxxed (or close) any single month! long term steady bullchips is a nice fairy tale but if a company cares about its customer it should not serve poop on a plate every now and then. dedication and skills must matter!

that should be ok for starters. please, let me know when those are done and the news will spread for free and MA will have to invest into new server park to handle new accounts created.

J.

I know you didn't want short answers, but EU just needs a Dev team that cares more about the player base, and makes a consistent effort to show it.

When a company won't even talk to their customers, directly or indirectly, it usually masks something undesirable behind the veil of secrecy, which creates an environment of conflict and suspicion instead of a partnership based on mutual understanding and agreement.

EU need a "Real space" non persistant galaxy map and put in systems the current planets and beat the upcoming games like SC or E:D Horizons, No mans sky ,even Infinity: Battlescape currently founded from Kickstarter and more, where have implement planets with towns and interactive enviroment... also new Spaceships , players SS , asteroids belts as space LA , PvP Bounty/Exploring planets , new ship modules-radars-counter measures/shields/weapons/space tools-armours and tons of more...:yay::yay::wtg:

Also social part of the game need alot of improvement with new interface and also more antagonistic ranked system to gain buffs and other bonus...:wise:

Is many more to can say but thats is the basic disadvantage against new space MMORPG genres games...:smoke:

Faceof is Dynamic...:)
Faceof...:cool:

PS : in SC pays thousand of $ to buy many different ships (like huge Mining ships...) in non RCE game...:wise:

Last edited:
This game needs to have an old gamer employed who's really disgruntled.
Somebody like McCormick for example who could tell the devs exactly what is wrong.

Back