EBN Special Report

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The Calypso Defense Force is reporting an increase in robot activity near several locations in proximity to human settlements. According to anonymous CDF staff that EBN has contacted, the purpose of the increased robot presence has yet to be determined, however rumors are circulating that the growing Imperial Guardian presence on Calypso may in some way be related to the latest robot aggression.

The EBN has attempted to contact Calypso-stationed Imperial Guardians Valerius and Flaminius, as well as Guardian Liason Atwell regarding these rumors, but all have declined to comment. An unnamed Imperial Guardian commander later contacted us from the Aryin System, the location of one of the main fleets. She claimed these rumors are lies spread by supporters of the now-defunct Order of the Empire, resentful of the Imperial Guardians for taking the Order's traditional place in defending the Empire from outside threats.

However, regardless of the reason behind this aggression, all Calypso colonists are asked to exert caution in the following regions: Boreas, Fort Pandora, Camp Phoenix and Fort Troy.

Originally Posted Here

I've been here for 10+ years, but really missing on some Calyspo lore.
Can anyone explain the main factions on PCF to me?
(Imperial, CDF. Order of the empire, and any more i might have missed?)

Iirc the Order of the Empire were the original users of PoE armour (in storyline terms that is, rather than the players who won the original sets). The Imperial Guardians are the guys who showed up at Fort Ithaca with the Nemesis upgrade mission, which is afaik the first time they've appeared.

Storyline is simple, same thing has happened for the last 6 years I have been playing

...robots appear, shoot robots for a month...robots disappear until this time next year. Got it?

"Boss, the players are really getting ticked off that we are not fixing the defects in the game. Should we start moving staff to work on that instead of trying to redo all the scenery in the game?"

"No! We need those in place! I know, put in a bot mission with a stupid story line on it. They will eat that up and leave us alone.."

"Ok, Boss.."

"Boss, the players are really getting ticked off that we are not fixing the defects in the game. Should we start moving staff to work on that instead of trying to redo all the scenery in the game?"

"No! We need those in place! I know, put in a bot mission with a stupid story line on it. They will eat that up and leave us alone.."

"Ok, Boss.."
:lolup: So True!!!

not true this year the big bulks stayed for like 4 or 5 months
silly, to screw all the LA owners this way, as it were not enough with the migration...
Storyline is simple, same thing has happened for the last 6 years I have been playing

...robots appear, shoot robots for a month...robots disappear until this time next year. Got it?

not true this year the big bulks stayed for like 4 or 5 months
silly, to screw all the LA owners this way, as it were not enough with the migration...

Not everyone likes to grind on Taxed LAs, loot is shitty enough as is ;)

I was spending my time on them bulks as well. Still not fair at all, planet partner competing with its LAs in this way. Next step, increase migration to 5 months?
Not everyone likes to grind on Taxed LAs, loot is shitty enough as is ;)

I was spending my time on them bulks as well. Still not fair at all, planet partner competing with its LAs in this way. Next step, increase migration to 5 months?

I dont disagree with you, but maybe it is time for LAs values to adjust accordingly with what MA is doing. I know its not what owners want to hear, but it is a dynamic economy, if MA is doing this they are obviously slightly devaluing LAs. Whether on purpose or not, investment is a damn risky busniness in this game. Just look at items such as Trauma VI amp from last year, etc. Ofcourse not compaing an item to a land area, just saying they just go on and just run the valuation on anythign into the ground without concern or prior notice sadly.

I am not condoning what MA have done, but with MU being eradicated, it seems like land area's are collateral damage.

Last edited:
I am not condoning what MA have done, but with MU being eradicated, it seems like land area's are collateral damage. Perhaps Calypso devs view Calypso land areas as an investment repaid several times to their original purchase price. I doubt MA can produce any incentive to hunters to cover the 40ped per 1000ped that a land area takes.

Agreed, it is almost impossible to find a mob on a LA that gives you a constant extra 40 ped for every 1k cycled to deal with the taxon top of trying to fight the supposed "90% or so" returns.

and this ofcourse isnt the fault of the land owners in anyway, but MA itself.

The question is whether a 100kped plus land area is worth its price tag these days? In the games current environment you would want a return of investment within 2 years. Some LAs are priced at 350k still, do they generate 150k a year? I doubt it.

ummm a little off topic?!

back to topic:

CDF - Calypso Defense Force (forces installed by Calypso Government to fight the robot threat)
Imperium - external troops (external forces from other planet, which increase their presence lately to fight the robot threat)

The conspiracy:
Some parties on Calypso fear that to many imperial forces at Caly will lead to a form of millitary dictatorship, replacing our souverain government.
Increased rumors about imperium operating in a way that encourage the robots to sent more forces to Caly, so the Imperium has a legitim reason to increase its millitary presence on Caly, what as said could also be preperations to install a millitary dictatorship by the Imperium.

So fellow colonists at Caly, get your asses up and defeat that damn robots.
Thats the way we show Imperial forces that we don´t need them and we can keep our souverainity.

Calypso's priorities have always been a little suspect.

So far, this has been little more than a pain in the ass. If anything, it has made me spend more time away from the infected areas. I really don't remember from last year, are they supposed to start dropping some sort of special items or something?

CDF = Calypso Defense Force, answers to the CCA (Calypso Colonial Administration).

Order of the Empire = Imperial military group that was in the First Robot War, mentioned in for example the Unique Legend War Axe info (copied it in from Entropedia below).

Imperial Guardians = Appeared later. Based on asking the NPCs in Ithaca and Zychion about them, they rose to power as the OotE was disbanded and blames the Order for the robots becoming a threat. In the name of defending humanity, they are slowly moving more and more troops to Calypso, while the CDF/CCA protests what they feel is an Imperial takeover.

Also remembered them being mentioned in some news post, so checked through latest news on the Calypso site and found several entries mentioning the Imperial Guardians:
http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2015/09/04/1394/index.xml
http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2015/04/08/7552/index.xml

Did not find any earlier mentions with a quick look, so I guess they started appearing around the time of the latest RX Unit event and have been appearing more and more since. With the exception of the Warlock iron broker, who I think was there earlier?

The Imperial Guardians are the guys who showed up at Fort Ithaca with the Nemesis upgrade mission, which is afaik the first time they've appeared.

There is an Imperial Guardian who gives the Warlock(?) mission at Zychion as well, iirc... also one or two been mentioned in earlier storylines.

Unique Legend War Axe:
Within the old Order of the Empire, two brothers proved themselves as prominent and devout followers of the faith.

The brothers, Jacob and Ivian Kallous, of Mars heritage, always worked together and soon became the most well-known keepers of the secrets within the order.

The Chapter Overlord was concerned when the reports of the robot assault on humanity on Calypso reached him, and set forth sending an elite cadre to destroy the abomination rising against its creator. Leading the cadre unit were the brothers.

Just prior to departure they received a gift each - a finely crafted and meticolously prepared weapon, made by the wisest engineers within the Order Keep.

Ivian, the larger of the two brothers, received the Legend War Axe, a mighty weapon that cleaved enemies like rye to the scythe.

The axe seemed to glow with a life-like pulse when Ivian used in the combat to strike down the foes of mankind. Ivian and his team managed to kill some two thousand robots during the war, and it wasn't until late in the campaign that the robots seemed to acknowledge the power Ivian had in him, so they decided to trick him.

The clever trap sprung as the team lead by the stalwart leader entered a bombed out outpost near Zychion Citadel. Once in the ruins, the robots attacked with a massive force, but when the machines concluded they would lose this battle to the giant of a man, they initiated the destruction of the powerplant under the ruins - effectively disintegrating every living being several kilometers away.

A Federal Search and Rescue party found the Legend War Axe in the ruins, apparently untouched by the massive destructive force from the blast.

What happened to the axe after that is not established as no further records can be found.

I guess the MarCorp Kallous series of weapons is named after the same Jacob/Ivian as well.

There really needs to be a lore 'tidy-up' on the Planet Calypso website, which catalogues history as it is known now.

Would be handy to know categorically what happened when, especially for those looking to create their own fan-fiction which intertwines with Entropia's scripted history.

Back