Question: Mindforce and attack speed

Arangar

Alpha
Society
Magnum Opus
Arangar Vagrant Melanwil
I have started to use a pretty fast MF chip that I now max everything on, however I have noticed that the attack speed is not always the same.

I get that the animation can lag etc and not always match the actual speed of your attacks but in this case I see that the lines in the system chat slows down.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Which chip u using? I'm using combustion and lacerating atm and it seems ok. It's far worse with melee, they avatar keeps going to standing position between attacks and totally messes things up :(

I am using Lacerating Attack Nanochip V TEN Edition

I just moved to 3rd person for a bit and my avatar is occasionally move to standing position between attacks although it doesn't seem to mess up attacks much. As I said, nowhere near as bad as melee, especially clubs; they're terrible to hunt with atm.

Exact same thing happens to me as well.

I observed this behavior with Corrosive VII which normally should be a fast attack chip and I can clearly observe is slows down a lot.

I'm pretty sure there is a problem with it and definitely does not have exactly the attacks per min as described in properties.

Yep same thing here :( when i kill small sh*t with corrosive nano III,and mele lags too.Like Slither said "avatar keeps going to standing position between attacks and totally messes things up" <---this :mad::mad: idk what dps i'm even doing....proly not the one i expect :(.

I tested this with a club the other week counting attacks over a minute and although the graphics show the attacks wrong the actual attack speed was correct. I don't think you need to worry about not getting the attacks u should be, it's just damn annoying trying to time your faps and finisher.

The problem is that the move to target option doesn't work properly, it's not specific to any weapon. It's a massive problem since they changed all the hitboxes because it's now pretty much impossible to hunt effectively without keeping control of the mouse, unless you're doing huge HP mobs that you can go to sleep on. Having to control the mouse constantly in that way inevitably leads to RSI problems. And if you think I'm talking shit because you haven't had that problem yet, just give it time, you'll get it soon enough.

me and a socmate did team LT's this last migration with the ELM low knifes. in my window, he was attacking faster, and I was 'pausing' in between attacks. in his, I was attacking faster, and he was 'pausing'

we both did same approx damage, so we put it on gfx issues only.

I will try some of the things pointed out here but, I definitely notice that its not just the animation the action text actually gets slower also.

Tried it again yesterday, couldn't find a workaround other than moving around.
Raised a support case.

Rick's tinfoil hat time.

I've often wondered if time to kill is a factor for loot. Maybe the system tries to adjust your weapon at times to force a good loot.

Or maybe it needs the exact amount of damage at the kill moment to trigger a good loot, so regulates your damage. Two sides of a coin of course, maybe the system didn't want you hoffing on that particular mob with specific loot.mob ID.

Happens to my ava too, I'd don't worry about too much, what will be, will be.

I'm running those sweet new limited corrosive XIII and XII or the new Combustive X chip. Damn they're nice.

Rick

Back