Vi's Mining Pics

Vi Bitfury

Alpha
Vi V3r0nyka BitFury
Hello,

Just wanted to share some of my mining pictures (a few months coverage) as I had to transfer them from my Soc website (click link below). Guess this is my way of giving back to the great EU community and simply wanted to share what I do through pictures when I do mine. My mining pictures means a thousands words IMO, and hope to share my mining experiences, info, and give some 'hope' to anyone that is currently mining or plans to try out the mining profession for fun. I am in no means the expert in mining, I don't 'carpet bomb', and I don't use LBML. Mining has lots of neat things in terms of patterns and what not; just wish the economy of MUs in terms of resources were not so broken atm. But anyways, enjoy the pics in the link, and I'll try and answer any questions to the best of my ability if there are any. Also, any intellectual comments are welcomed, please keep thread clean (those that already know this info - set egos aside) and keep it thoughtful, thank you.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/album.php?albumid=6990

Cheerz,
Vi

I don't want to say this the wrong way...but those aren't veins.

At that altitude (zoomed that far out on map), absolutely ANY straight line mining run will give the exact same patterns.

All that shows is you ran in a straight line for that run.

If I was allowed to have enough wp's on the map, I could find a "vein" that perfectly spells "Taco Rules!" just by running around in the shape of the letters and zooming out as far as you did. :D

Good luck to you, but your method is very different than mine. My method - to find max MU resources, not a max TT (in veins). But all methods in mining must be respected - this profession requires a very great deal of patience and knowledge

At that altitude (zoomed that far out on map), absolutely ANY straight line mining run will give the exact same patterns.

If I was allowed to have enough wp's on the map, I could find a "vein" that perfectly spells "Taco Rules!" just by running around in the shape of the letters and zooming out as far as you did. :D

I call them mining patterns (in my own words 'veins'), but others or you can call them what ever they are. I don't 'comb' or 'carpet bomb' when I mine and I seek to find patterns (veins or st8 lines, etc.). When I do find a "connect the dots" which are claims at 'x' amount of distances apart; these form a vein or line pattern, IMO (there are times where you find clusters to). I know my pictures can be a bit confusing, but if you analyze or see, I have a few on radar which shows the claims in direct or similar proportional distance to my way points (I only use my way points to help me keep track of the 'true' average line/pattern shown).

All my pictures are simply patterns, lines, clusters, or what ever you call them as I am simply seeing patterns in relation to finding claims versus carpet bombing, and not like you've said "running around in the shape of letters and zooming out" <<< if I did this all the time...I'd be missing or getting a lot more NRFs.

The mining pictures are simply a fun and observational way in terms of "connecting the dots" when finding claims for me, and thus I'm simply showing patterns in which those who can see it or understand how I mine on planet side (some get it, some don't).

Like I said in my OP, I don't claim to be the expert and I'm still learning, so Taco, if you don't mind, how do you mine on planet side if you want to share some thoughts or ideas for other miners and me? Also, if the claims or patterns I find are not 'veins' what are these called; lines then? Thanks in advance bud.

Regards,
Vi

Good luck to you, but your method is very different than mine. My method - to find max MU resources, not a max TT (in veins). But all methods in mining must be respected - this profession requires a very great deal of patience and knowledge

True, everyone has different methods, tactics, ways, or what ever they do when it comes to mining. Agree that each way or method - mining involves patience, knowledge, and respect. Would you mind sharing some of your mining info; if not I respect your reply and just wanted to open up some discussion for new EU miners, current miners, and future would be miners.

Cheerz,
Vi

True, everyone has different methods, tactics, ways, or what ever they do when it comes to mining. Agree that each way or method - mining involves patience, knowledge, and respect. Would you mind sharing some of your mining info; if not I respect your reply and just wanted to open up some discussion for new EU miners, current miners, and future would be miners.

Cheerz,
Vi

Since my method is the essence of my current profit ingame, I think, most likely I'll not answer to questions about my mining info :) But I can help to new EU miners with advices... or perhaps hints if the questions are set correctly

I call them mining patterns (in my own words 'veins'), but others or you can call them what ever they are. I don't 'comb' or 'carpet bomb' when I mine and I seek to find patterns (veins or st8 lines, etc.). When I do find a "connect the dots" which are claims at 'x' amount of distances apart; these form a vein or line pattern, IMO (there are times where you find clusters to). I know my pictures can be a bit confusing, but if you analyze or see, I have a few on radar which shows the claims in direct or similar proportional distance to my way points (I only use my way points to help me keep track of the 'true' average line/pattern shown).

All my pictures are simply patterns, lines, clusters, or what ever you call them as I am simply seeing patterns in relation to finding claims versus carpet bombing, and not like you've said "running around in the shape of letters and zooming out" <<< if I did this all the time...I'd be missing or getting a lot more NRFs.

The mining pictures are simply a fun and observational way in terms of "connecting the dots" when finding claims for me, and thus I'm simply showing patterns in which those who can see it or understand how I mine on planet side (some get it, some don't).

Like I said in my OP, I don't claim to be the expert and I'm still learning, so Taco, if you don't mind, how do you mine on planet side if you want to share some thoughts or ideas for other miners and me? Also, if the claims or patterns I find are not 'veins' what are these called; lines then? Thanks in advance bud.

Regards,
Vi

Seeing that your descriptions mostly mention you are looking for both ores and enmatters, and that you are finding less tt then you are spending, that is more than enough for me to see that there is NO pattern despite you trying to see one. It is just normal returns for random drops no matter what direction or "pattern" you run.

If you ran in the shape of the letters in my name you would NOT "be missing or getting a lot more NRFs." You would be getting the same amount of claims on average.

You are seeing the normal amount of claims any avatar would see when they ran x amount of ped in any direction.

As far as how I mine, there are no "veins" anymore. There are sometimes tight clusters. I have had 8-10 claims on one radar frequently. Over the past year, MA has leaned very heavily on clusters, and very often, intelligence gains signal them, rather than just a single larger than normal claim in the vicinity. Also my last 6-7 claims over 500 all came when double or triple dropping the same are because it was a cluster. I run randomly too, and I only carpet bomb spots I know are good. But I would never mistake the pattern I ran for a pattern that was in the ground.

Mining on the theory of "veins" is 2005, and I don't want to see you do it. Those pics you have are not veins. Those are straight line mining runs with the normal distribution of ores and enmatters.

If you want to mine that way, please do, there is NOTHING wrong with mining in a straight line. But remember the patterns you get are ONLY a result of where your feet go, and NOT a result of there being a "vein" underground.

Claims during this era are only randomly generated finds based on your tt input, your recent +/-. your long term +/- while mining, and only your ability to find mu, find the right ores that want to drop, and knowing when to double or triple bomb the same spot, will push you over the edge.

Thinking you found a vein, or a "connection" or a "pattern" when there is none is not going to help you.

In the end, mine how you want, I just saw you use the phrase "vein" about 20 times in the pictures and I had to emphasize that these are NOT veins. Or patterns. Or dots connecting you to a secret underground treasure trove :D

Last edited:
Since my method is the essence of my current profit ingame, I think, most likely I'll not answer to questions about my mining info :) But I can help to new EU miners with advices... or perhaps hints if the questions are set correctly

Understand as I've shown only two to three spots/areas of sharing info. Plus some people understand my odd methods while others are confused, but each player have the freedom to play how ever they want. There are a ton more spots and places and yes, MU is key in these rough EU times when it comes to resource MUs. As long as EU players are willing to help each other out in a respectful way/manner; then this thread is starting to meets its objectives. Thanks.

Seeing that your descriptions mostly mention you are looking for both ores and enmatters, and that you are finding less tt then you are spending, that is more than enough for me to see that there is NO pattern despite you trying to see one. It is just normal returns for random drops no matter what direction or "pattern" you run.

If you ran in the shape of the letters in my name you would NOT "be missing or getting a lot more NRFs." You would be getting the same amount of claims on average.

You are seeing the normal amount of claims any avatar would see when they ran x amount of ped in any direction.

As far as how I mine, there are no "veins" anymore. There are sometimes tight clusters. I have had 8-10 claims on one radar frequently. Over the past year, MA has leaned very heavily on clusters, and very often, intelligence gains signal them, rather than just a single larger than normal claim in the vicinity. Also my last 6-7 claims over 500 all came when double or triple dropping the same are because it was a cluster. I run randomly too, and I only carpet bomb spots I know are good. But I would never mistake the pattern I ran for a pattern that was in the ground.

Mining on the theory of "veins" is 2005, and I don't want to see you do it. Those pics you have are not veins. Those are straight line mining runs with the normal distribution of ores and enmatters.

If you want to mine that way, please do, there is NOTHING wrong with mining in a straight line. But remember the patterns you get are ONLY a result of where your feet go, and NOT a result of there being a "vein" underground.

Claims during this era are only randomly generated finds based on your tt input, your recent +/-. your long term +/- while mining, and only your ability to find mu, find the right ores that want to drop, and knowing when to double or triple bomb the same spot, will push you over the edge.

Thinking you found a vein, or a "connection" or a "pattern" when there is none is not going to help you.

In the end, mine how you want, I just saw you use the phrase "vein" about 20 times in the pictures and I had to emphasize that these are NOT veins. Or patterns. Or dots connecting you to a secret underground treasure trove :D

Each miner has there own methods, I'm just simply being open or transparent on my own observations of which I'm even sharing some of my pictures. Of course many will be confused or oppose my ways or methods of mining, but I simply wanted to share to others that is it just me or is there some sort of pattern in which my claims are in to the same or equal distances apart? Again, it is hard to type or explain the way I do mine, and no, I don't just go in a straight line or drop random probes in a line. There is a method or in my style of mining of seeking out patterns (especially notice it on LA61).

I just don't totally agree "on finding claims on where my feet go" as I used to do this by dropping random probes of which I got more misses until I began to fine tune and seek out my line patterns in order to have a better ratio/success hits of actually being able to anticipate and get the hits/claims instead of getting NRFs; this is just my opinion though. Also, I don't just go after higher/bigger TT returns; it is MUs that most miners need to go after. Each player/miner has there own methods, styles, and ways of playing and I find it interesting of how others play/mine (for those willing to share that is).

Anyways, appreciate your insights and even a bit of history of the word 'mining vein'. Interesting that you get a lot of clusters and in how you mine in terms of random drops unless you know the area; you carpet bomb the area as long as you're getting hits/claims.

Thanks for your reply Taco and everyday I'm learning in RL and in this game :)

Last edited:
...Plus some people understand my odd methods while others are confused...

"Odd methods"? I really don't understand what you are saying. So far, your pics just show you had average returns on some straight line mining runs.

And "others are confused"? Not at all. No one is confused.

When your average distance between claims is 147m while searching for BOTH ore and enmatter in a massive area you call a "vein", I fail to see a method and it ain't because I am confused :)

All I see is, in the words of a great man with a nice beaver named 5$, is "perception bias".

Which means you are attributing meaning to claim distributions that are wholly random. And that is pretty much the worst thing you can do when mining.

Looking for both ore and enmat, and finding only 1 claim an average of 147 meters apart means you have a HORRIBLE hitrate for that area, and seeing a "vein", or forcing yourself to see one, under such horrendous conditions is NOT what you want to be doing.

Claims will tend to look like they are evenly spaced when zoomed out enough.

Stand in a field full of mesquite and it looks random...fly above it and it all seems perfectly spaced. (because it modifies soil fertility under its canopy which leads to an appearance of perfect spacing in wild groves when viewed from above...I had to throw that in there in case any plant nerds were reading this thread :D )

So my advice would be to not read too much into the spacing, except that closer together is good, and far apart is bad.

Last edited:
"Odd methods"? I really don't understand what you are saying. So far, your pics just show you had average returns on some straight line mining runs.

When your average distance between claims is 147m while searching for BOTH ore and enmatter in a massive area you call a "vein", I fail to see a method and it ain't because I am confused :)

All I see is, in the words of a great man with a nice beaver named 5$, is "perception bias".

Which means you are attributing meaning to claim distributions that are wholly random. And that is pretty much the worst thing you can do when mining.

Looking for both ore and enmat, and finding only 1 claim an average of 147 meters apart means you have a HORRIBLE hitrate for that area, and seeing a "vein", or forcing yourself to see one, under such horrendous conditions is NOT what you want to be doing.

When asked from my old Society NBK and even my current Society, they were initially confused and/or even call it my odd way of mining, but eventually understand to an extent of seeing the line 'patterns'. This happens when I actually show in game (on LA61 for example) all my pics/method/way of what I'm talking about in here as they watch me mine and then I teach/show them they too can do this as well (my way of giving back to my Society and a select few in game community players). Also, the distance of 147m is just one variation as my distances vary depending on my mining finder setup. I don't go by random (my patterns are not random) Taco and no, like I said I don't claim to know everything and this is not "perception bias". Please read my comments in my pictures to, some I even explain that I took a loss while others I average out or even gain a tad bit. Again, I'm not an expert when it comes to mining and would like to know more of course, but I'm simply sharing my pictures and that is all.

Edit: Some of my mining pictures don't do it justice, but there are runs that I only seek out ores only and I don't do dbl or triple drops when mining my line-pattern btw.

Stand in a field full of mesquite and it looks random...fly above it and it all seems perfectly spaced. (because it modifies soil fertility under its canopy which leads to an appearance of perfect spacing in wild groves when viewed from above...I had to throw that in there in case any plant nerds were reading this thread :D )

So my advice would be to not read too much into the spacing, except that closer together is good, and far apart is bad.

There is no zooming in and out, I'm simply tracking my way (again MY method, my WAY of mining) in order to assist me in tracking the 'true' line pattern. WTF, "full of mesquite"? This whole thread is to simply say and transcribe in capturing my mining pictures that I'm seeing or observing a line-pattern in the majority of the way I mine! Yes, I've had patterns where the claims were each 70m-75m apart or less, but still showed some sort of pattern IMO as I don't use LBML or 'carpet bomb' or do random drops on planet side when I mine. There are other miners out there that use your method or way of mining or what ever; point is my pictures are showing the mining patterns and that others are taking notice. The question is, are there any other miners experiencing this at all or is it just random, bunched up hits/claims, or something else (Am I the only one seeing/observing or tracking this)?

Thankyou for the average distance, I was looking for that info in those pictures.

If they really are veins, there are ways to tell...

Old school veins were, now let me think.... nnw to sse with globals or higher value deposits near the ends, can stretch for 2km or more and have not been seen in $hit over 7 years ? Am I correct, has it been that long ?

I would be interested in seeing these methods my self if that is possible Vi.

Last edited:
I would see these lines as veins, if they are easy to find and "trace". eg I move x distance, drop, find a deposit, repeat and the same happens over and over again, that to me is a vein. Simple.

I think I get what you are attempting.

Lets say I find 2 deposits one at 0,0 the other at 100,100

The distance between the points would be 141.42m (SQRT((x2-x1)^2+(y2-y1)^2))

The angle would be 0.785 radians ATAN2(x2-x1,y2-y1) or 45 degrees.

The next x point therefore would be at 200 x2+COS(angle)*distance.

The next y point therefore would be at 200 x2+SIN(angle)*distance.

If I do find a deposit close to the predicted coordinates, I can refine the coordinates of my next destination point.
It's really simple....

Real, real simple and if it has a better hitrate% than 24%, it would be better than mining randomly !!!

Thankyou for the average distance, I was looking for that info in those pictures.

If they really are veins, there are ways to tell...

Old school veins were, now let me think.... nnw to sse with globals or higher value deposits near the ends, can stretch for 2km or more and have not been seen in $hit over 7 years ? Am I correct, has it been that long ?

I would be interested in seeing these methods my self if that is possible Vi.

NP, appreciate your respectful and intriguing reply.

The average distances between each claim can vary per each different line-pattern IMO, depending on the mining setup being utilized (ex. finder with or without range enhancers, level of finders along with its attributes, and mining methods/skills).

These "old school mining veins" that you mention, not sure what these are all about as you've been around way longer than I have.

Hmm, interesting as some of my mining pics have stretched out to 2km or more as you've stated, but I'm not sure on what this means still, "nnw to sse with globals or higher value deposits near the ends"? Would you mind to elaborate on this please? (a PM here or in-game would also suffice).

It is possible for you to see my methods from my OP pics for the pure purpose to better understand, learn about, and perhaps to even correlate the information in your reply. You have me curious and I'd like to know more as now two people have mentioned these so called "old school veins" (you and Taco). I'm sure I can learn more mining history, and would like for you to also show me some of your old school mining methods when we have time to meet up in-game.

With the mere fact (assumption?) that 7 years ago or more these so called "old school mining veins" had existed, that you've mention, I'd like more insight into the questions below:

What exactly did these look like (any1 have pics?)

How did miners get these (random drops, running a pattern, or some other method)?

Where were they found (certain planets?)

Why were they 'supposedly' taken out of the game for so long (if this is the case)?

Could MA have possibly brought back these so called "old school mining veins" as of last year/recently?

Any old time miners, current & experienced miners, or others who have more information on this are more than welcome to share their thoughts on this as well. Thank you.

Regards,
Vi V3r0nyka Bitfury

I think I get what you are attempting.

Lets say I find 2 deposits one at 0,0 the other at 100,100

The distance between the points would be 141.42m (SQRT((x2-x1)^2+(y2-y1)^2))

The angle would be 0.785 radians ATAN2(x2-x1,y2-y1) or 45 degrees.

The next x point therefore would be at 200 x2+COS(angle)*distance.

The next y point therefore would be at 200 x2+SIN(angle)*distance.

If I do find a deposit close to the predicted coordinates, I can refine the coordinates of my next destination point.
It's really simple....

Real, real simple and if it has a better hitrate% than 24%, it would be better than mining randomly !!!

Getting warmer, now you're on to something, hehe :)

Last edited:
The old school veins ran north-north-west to south-south-east, most commonly contained a deposit above 50ped, spawned at the same coordinates at the same time, like clockwork and were incredibly easy to follow. What you have are not these old school veins.

These veins were removed due to their monopolization.

NP, appreciate your respectful and intriguing reply.

The average distances between each claim can vary per each different line-pattern IMO, depending on the mining setup being utilized (ex. finder with or without range enhancers, level of finders along with its attributes, and mining methods/skills).

These "old school mining veins" that you mention, not sure what these are all about as you've been around way longer than I have.

Hmm, interesting as some of my mining pics have stretched out to 2km or more as you've stated, but I'm not sure on what this means still, "nnw to sse with globals or higher value deposits near the ends"? Would you mind to elaborate on this please? (a PM here or in-game would also suffice).

It is possible for you to see my methods from my OP pics for the pure purpose to better understand, learn about, and perhaps to even correlate the information in your reply. You have me curious and I'd like to know more as now two people have mentioned these so called "old school veins" (you and Taco). I'm sure I can learn more mining history, and would like for you to also show me some of your old school mining methods when we have time to meet up in-game.

With the mere fact (assumption?) that 7 years ago or more these so called "old school mining veins" had existed, that you've mention, I'd like more insight into the questions below:

What exactly did these look like (any1 have pics?)

How did miners get these (random drops, running a pattern, or some other method)?

Where were they found (certain planets?)

Why were they 'supposedly' taken out of the game for so long (if this is the case)?

Could MA have possibly brought back these so called "old school mining veins" as of last year/recently?

Any old time miners, current & experienced miners, or others who have more information on this are more than welcome to share their thoughts on this as well. Thank you.

Regards,
Vi V3r0nyka Bitfury

Last edited:
The old school veins ran north-north-west to south-south-east, most commonly contained a deposit above 50ped, spawned at the same coordinates at the same time, like clockwork and were incredibly easy to follow. What you have are not these old school veins.

These veins were removed due to their monopolization.

That is correct! The lines/patterns from my mining pics are not these "old school veins" as you've stated, "they ran nnw to sse and commonly even contained a claim of 50ped or higher and etc.".

I can see why MA has removed them due to the monopolization indeed, balancing and real money is on the line here.

There are a few points to point out of why or in regards to you not being successful or able to mine like the way I have shown in my pics: (just my own observations here)

1) Each avatar is different in how they mine/play/etc.
2) Different mining skills and mining gear setup impacts the overall results/outcomes.
3) Timing (<<< speculative), and mining locations (location is a big factor IMO - like choosing what table or machine to play on at a casino for instance). For some odd reason LA61 works well with my avatar, idk why.
4) The range can and may vary on distances (experience and trial and error to fine tune this; hard to explain and would like to show you*).
5) *I use "Bowl" idea/technique to get me started. Can only show you in game as it is too silly to try and explain it on here.
6) All the above correlates to the various variations along with understanding the patterns that I've been observing in my pics which affects the way I mine through trial and error and experience. Thus, one avatar(s) might work while other avatars will not work in this case.
7) MA is reading this and has "nerf'd" me and everyone else reading this now, LOL.

But who knows, perhaps the list above I've listed is just pure luck and randomness in the likes of the odds of a casino. I base my observations from my patterns (the way I mine) off of ratios like playing a variance of the casino game roulette (I don't play inside, I place outside bets based on ratios - no not the colored ones either), just my opinion.

Anyways, I do not claim to be an expert or know exactly the 'secret' formulas or what ever in mining (only MA knows this). Again, just don't know if this can help or not (the info in this post), and I've tried to look up your avatar name in the in game player registry and was unable to track you (Alexis Sky Greenstar). Please send me a PM in game and would be more than happy to go over some info in regards to this matter on LA61 if you're still interested.

Let me show you the pattern that got me started all those years back

7 8 9
6 1 2
5 4 3

Really simple and innocent, then I met Legion and he pointed me to the idea of a timer. And the always hit mining distance was found !!! (Distance = ((current minute)^(1/2)) * radius) I don't want to go into any more details on this forum, but check out www.numberspiral for the basic layout, turn it into a clock by rotating it x degrees every minute

That is correct! The lines/patterns from my mining pics are not these "old school veins" as you've stated, "they ran nnw to sse and commonly even contained a claim of 50ped or higher and etc.".

I can see why MA has removed them due to the monopolization indeed, balancing and real money is on the line here.

There are a few points to point out of why or in regards to you not being successful or able to mine like the way I have shown in my pics: (just my own observations here)

1) Each avatar is different in how they mine/play/etc.
2) Different mining skills and mining gear setup impacts the overall results/outcomes.
3) Timing (<<< speculative), and mining locations (location is a big factor IMO - like choosing what table or machine to play on at a casino for instance). For some odd reason LA61 works well with my avatar, idk why.
4) The range can and may vary on distances (experience and trial and error to fine tune this; hard to explain and would like to show you*).
5) *I use "Bowl" idea/technique to get me started. Can only show you in game as it is too silly to try and explain it on here.
6) All the above correlates to the various variations along with understanding the patterns that I've been observing in my pics which affects the way I mine through trial and error and experience. Thus, one avatar(s) might work while other avatars will not work in this case.
7) MA is reading this and has "nerf'd" me and everyone else trying this out now, LOL.

But who knows, perhaps the list above I've listed is just pure luck and randomness in the likes of the odds of a casino. I base my observations from my patterns (the way I mine) off of ratios like playing a variance of the casino game roulette (I don't play inside, I place outside bets based on ratios - no not the colored ones either), just my opinion.

Anyways, I do not claim to be an expert or know exactly the 'secret' formulas or what ever in mining (only MA knows this). Again, just don't know if this can help or not (the info in this post), and I've tried to look up your avatar name in the in game player registry and was unable to track you (Alexis Sky Greenstar). Please send me a PM in game and would be more than happy to go over some info in regards to this matter on LA61 if you're still interested.

Let me show you the pattern that got me started all those years back

7 8 9
6 1 2
5 4 3

Really simple and innocent, then I met Legion and he pointed me to the idea of a timer. And the always hit mining distance was found !!! (Distance = ((current minute)^(1/2)) * radius) I don't want to go into any more details on this forum, but check out www.numberspiral for the basic layout, turn it into a clock by rotating it x degrees every minute

Was not able to open your link, but googled 'numberspiral'.

Interesting, as this seems to be one of the old mining patterns from prior VUs. Thus, your pattern (spiral patterns) are based off of time (worked for older VUs), distance (location, location, location), and ofc numbers in a 'spiral' like pattern or variance/variation.

According to my knowledge and observations, (last two years VUs) I've been noticing after reviewing my mining pics. Instead of 'spirals', my patterns are ofc lines, but what fascinated me was picturing the lines like numbers on a clock you could say. So, I'd mine one day and the line would go from (say 2 to 7 o'clock direction) and then 3 days later the line in that location (LA61) would go from 1 to 6 o'clock direction and rotate on and on over a period of time in this case/instances. However, what is even more intriguing are finding clusters or curves in relation to timing as well IMO. Thus, some of my mining pics on LA61 shows this observation in a way, but your spiral pattern or 'numberspiral' is something I've never heard of and seems like it does not work in this VU; is this still correct or accurate?

What you have shared here (numberspiral that worked in older VUs) is similar to the way I start off with on my *Bowl idea/technique, but the twist on mine is the pattern eventually displays a line (more common) or another pattern of variance (cluster or curves, etc.). Therefore, the numbers in your 3x3 could of evolved or adjusted/changed to a more of a Sudoku like pattern in terms of the last couple of major mining VU updates. Maybe I'm wrong here or way off, but have you done any further testings on this as of lately?

(Combine old VU http://i.stack.imgur.com/nkzKG.png (lots of lines or curved ones) with current VU http://media.indiatimes.in/media/content/2012/Jun/sudoku_1340964501_1340964509_460x460.jpg (you still get random clusters and what not and observing two small lines, five #s in a line, in this pic) = the crazy and casino like mining we have now, haha).

Last edited:

Taco, I expect to see a vein spelling 'Taco Rules' in the next few days.

Have you ever seen almost a v shape, ie the vein moves into a cluster then back out the same way it came in ?

Was not able to open your link, but googled 'numberspiral'.

Interesting, as this seems to be one of the old mining patterns from prior VUs. Thus, your pattern (spiral patterns) are based off of time (worked for older VUs), distance (location, location, location), and ofc numbers in a 'spiral' like pattern or variance/variation.

According to my knowledge and observations, (last two years VUs) I've been noticing after reviewing my mining pics. Instead of 'spirals', my patterns are ofc lines, but what fascinated me was picturing the lines like numbers on a clock you could say. So, I'd mine one day and the line would go from (say 2 to 7 o'clock direction) and then 3 days later the line in that location (LA61) would go from 1 to 6 o'clock direction and rotate on and on over a period of time in this case/instances. However, what is even more intriguing are finding clusters or curves in relation to timing as well IMO. Thus, some of my mining pics on LA61 shows this observation in a way, but your spiral pattern or 'numberspiral' is something I've never heard of and seems like it does not work in this VU; is this still correct or accurate?

What you have shared here (numberspiral that worked in older VUs) is similar to the way I start off with on my *Bowl idea/technique, but the twist on mine is the pattern eventually displays a line (more common) or another pattern of variance (cluster or curves, etc.). Therefore, the numbers in your 3x3 could of evolved or adjusted/changed to a more of a Sudoku like pattern in terms of the last couple of major mining VU updates. Maybe I'm wrong here or way off, but have you done any further testings on this as of lately?

Have you ever seen almost a v shape, ie the vein moves into a cluster then back out the same way it came in ?

No, not that I have experienced, and the closest is my pic here:
attachment.php

OH no's veins, Mindark will have to nerf this ..... A gambling game that is ALLOWED to operate without a license in my opinion and in that of the law, is not gambling...

Oh is that the run where you ran in a straight line for a while and then turned right? :D

I am guessing the claims started going to the right so he turned right??? but yea these things can indeed be seen as veins. Just like IRL veins can be in a straight line or clustered... (example: basically if you in a coal mine you mine a straight hallway and then the coal ore can branch of to both sides)

Edit: yey my 100e post <3 no hate!

Last edited:
So why did Mindark AB not use a random system, it could have saved them their company ?..
Why were veins present in Project Entropia if a randomness system was used?
Does Mindark PE AB posses a gambling license ?

And no, it was not my run, you can not track my mining method.

Randomness in my opinion is a huge cop out and is extremely ignorant concerning that we just do not know how it works, so lets go and bloody well find out !!!

Oh is that the run where you ran in a straight line for a while and then turned right? :D

No I went with Vi on one of his mining expeditions and showed me what he was doing.

It is very old school, veins connect to clusters, clusters connecting to veins. And I was shocked to see it. Another thing that shocked me was the density of the clusters, drop a probe another claim pops up, and another and another. It was something to see that's for sure.

On the flip side... Within mining is it possible to see patterns that just do not exist... I don't know, if one phenomenon was effecting all miners at the same time, I would not call that random.

I am guessing the claims started going to the right so he turned right??? but yea these things can indeed be seen as veins. Just like IRL veins can be in a straight line or clustered... (example: basically if you in a coal mine you mine a straight hallway and then the coal ore can branch of to both sides)

Edit: yey my 100e post <3 no hate!

Last edited:
Back