Where is the "Extra area" on hangars?

Post_History

Prowler
Society
Space Police
PostHistory PostHistory Hax
Hey guys,

Recently got a hangar would love to know where the extra display area of 12 Items is?

Any ideas pictures or descriptive location would be appreciated

Kind Regards

PostHistory.

anyone?????????????

Tried that and still was unable.....

is there a 'visualize' command on the estate terminal? With booths that makes a red border line you can see the area with. Doesn't work so well with other estates... Also, Mindark is known to change things on a whim at any time in regards to estates. Once upon a time hallways in apartments were considered 'inside' points. A few vus later they were considered 'additional area' points, so if you had stuff in the hallway and picked it up you could not put it down there again... Also, borders on booths, apartments, shops, etc. always are moving... somedays you can utilize one area, the next that red line moved on the border so it's not a useable area...

is there a 'visualize' command on the estate terminal? With booths that makes a red border line you can see the area with. Doesn't work so well with other estates... Also, Mindark is known to change things on a whim at any time in regards to estates. Once upon a time hallways in apartments were considered 'inside' points. A few vus later they were considered 'additional area' points, so if you had stuff in the hallway and picked it up you could not put it down there again... Also, borders on booths, apartments, shops, etc. always are moving... somedays you can utilize one area, the next that red line moved on the border so it's not a useable area...

Thanks Mastermesh,

I have indeed used the Visualize and unable to see any other area but down in the Hangar Room's nothing else inside or out.......... there is a hallway considered part of the estate but it is said to be full..... yet nothing placed in it.....

Regards

PostHistory.

Not sure if the bug still exists but sometimes items could get placed on the wrong side of a wall. Had a friend who found pictures on the inside of a wall of an estate they'd bought.

Not sure if the bug still exists but sometimes items could get placed on the wrong side of a wall. Had a friend who found pictures on the inside of a wall of an estate they'd bought.

thanks for that but the item count is 0/12 for the extra area..... this is the area I'm hoping is outside somewhere....

I have a shop on Monria and couldnt access the extra area either (which was the outside wall).
Later we got a second deed which had to be activated to access the extra area.
So maybe there are also 2 deeds for your hangar? And you only have one?

I have a shop on Monria and couldnt access the extra area either (which was the outside wall).
Later we got a second deed which had to be activated to access the extra area.
So maybe there are also 2 deeds for your hangar? And you only have one?

Hangars have only ever had 1 deed.
Pre-VU10 there was a narrow strip around the outside of the hangar where 1 or 2 shopkeepers could be safely placed, as well as screens on the outside of the walls.

Post, ask around for someone who's been using their hangar for trading since space was re-introduced. They'll probably be in the best position to tell you where the display area is now.

I vaguely recall this being discussed here soon after hangars came back, so you might find an old thread that describes it.

I think i have seen shopkeeper at hangar entrances in the past, maybe check if you can place something there otherwise the outside area might actually just be the open area in the hangar itself.

thanks guys for your input i have done alot of searches on forum and cannot find any I'm happy for people to send me links.

THANKS all so far. I'm going to have a little tinker now some more.

EDIT:

So i just spent 20 mins walking around and didnt find anywhere i have spent a total of 2 hours now looking and not finding......

Last edited:
send in a support ticket if you haven't yet. I bet Mindark did something silly like hide it in a wall or floor but put the border inside of the pixels of the wall or something so you can't actually touch it til they fix it.

send in a support ticket if you haven't yet. I bet Mindark did something silly like hide it in a wall or floor but put the border inside of the pixels of the wall or something so you can't actually touch it til they fix it.

Yes thanks, Spent a little more time researching not able to get an answer so support ticket raised. will check back here with the outcome.

Hopefully a good one....

Kind Regards

PostHistory.

Yes thanks, Spent a little more time researching not able to get an answer so support ticket raised. will check back here with the outcome.

Hopefully a good one....

Kind Regards

PostHistory.

Did you get a response to this support case? Would be interested to know how to access this area myself.

ps.
Please note this is an old thread from 2015 but I think in this case better to ask here rather than start new a new thread on the same topic.

Please accept our apologies for the delayed reply, due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to reply to you in a timely manner.

These item points you are referring to do not exist anymore. They were replaced by the NPC vendors that you have inside your hangar estate area. Currently there are no plans to change this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

So in short......

We took item points from you... and plan not to give them back.....

Back