Help: Fix Mentor Skill Gains.

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
This is ridiculous. 1 Point in my mentoring skill per graduated disciple?

I am doomed to be a "Poor" mentor until I graduate the entire population of Icarus.

Before the reintroduction of mentoring after VU10, not all graduations would result in a full mentor point.

So, 1 point per graduation is actually an improvement.

Before the most recent change we were getting something like 32 points per grad IIRC.

Don't know what's up with the back and forth. Might as well have removed it altogether.

Before the most recent change we were getting something like 32 points per grad IIRC.

Don't know what's up with the back and forth. Might as well have removed it altogether.

i graduated alot altho it only says 20. i think i did like 30-35 but only got 23 mentoring skills

Bit of a late reply, but in 2008/9 you actually received less than 1 point per graduate.

I think Mentor skill was affected in the same way as other professions from the "Skill Nerf"

At what point did you ever get over 1 point? 23 Points at once? How? When? Who?

hurrrrrrrrr :dunce:

you sure are good for some laughs rofl

Okay but your laughing at ZPF not me.
I'm just asking him when was. Btw how many points do you have then ZPF?

Okay but your laughing at ZPF not me.
I'm just asking him when was. Btw how many points do you have then ZPF?

Right before the VU that happened when I created this post, I had 1 disciple graduated in total, and my mentor skill was at 30 something because of that. Now I've graduated 10, and my skill has barely gone up 1 point.

Ever since the mentoring system is back, it's exactly 1 skill point per disciple. With the old, pre-VU9 system, it was fractions of a point - I had 4.2 points total for 17 disciples with the old system, and 10 for 10 with the new one.

I know it will never be implemented and MA should concentrate on bugs first anyway; but I like to see a system where points are awarded on doing activities with your disciples.
Like each time they reach a tp while you are in radar distance; or for hunting together, completing an instance (like gauntlet, noob beacon,...) together.

This way the points would be more significant measure of how dedicated a mentor is.
It would also stimulate/reward mentors more.
On the other hand, we might see mentors flying newbies to all tp's on all planets to farm points; but this is only a minor issue; since it helps new players.

On start mentor system was very good designed and generous lol almost like too much generous MM this year.
Players created many alts to be disciples then used macro to skill coloring in front of TT terminal with paint and storage boxes (both present in trade terminal at that time) and milk MA for all good uber mentor edition items and to sell coloring skills with super profit.
There were players with over thousand skill points.
Don't know if MA got them and banned but one is sure - trade terminal content changed, mentor system changed and many more.
Nowadays mentors how to say - pay for things happened in past.

On start mentor system was very good designed and generous lol almost like too much generous MM this year.
Players created many alts to be disciples then used macro to skill coloring in front of TT terminal with paint and storage boxes (both present in trade terminal at that time) and milk MA for all good uber mentor edition items and to sell coloring skills with super profit.
There were players with over thousand skill points.
Don't know if MA got them and banned but one is sure - trade terminal content changed, mentor system changed and many more.
Nowadays mentors how to say - pay for things happened in past.

Think I've gotten Hunter Gloves Mentor Edition about 7 or 8 times so far.

Sounds like alts have ruined this game in many different ways

Think I've gotten Hunter Gloves Mentor Edition about 7 or 8 times so far.

Sounds like alts have ruined this game in many different ways

So how many total points do you have vs total mentors graduated.

It seems getting over 1 point only ever happened to you, or you may be mistaken. I dunno, Is your total points like 45 and you've graduated 12 or something like that?

I'm pretty sure I only ever graduated one disciple, and I have two points of mentoring skill.

I never played in the old system.

I can see my disciples that vanished before graduation in my friend list, is there any place to show how many disciples you have graduated?

So how many total points do you have vs total mentors graduated.

It seems getting over 1 point only ever happened to you, or you may be mistaken. I dunno, Is your total points like 45 and you've graduated 12 or something like that?

Something like that. I think it went from 1-32 for the first disciple, and then ~1 point for each one after. And how do you know I'm the only one? Did you survey all the mentors in EU? :laugh:

FxzSvvI.jpg

Last edited:
Something like that. I think it went from 1-32 for the first disciple, and then ~1 point for each one after. And how do you know I'm the only one? Did you survey all the mentors in EU? :laugh:

FxzSvvI.jpg

Just from what it seems in this thread is all, I didn't mean it quite like that hehe.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. You got me super jealous now! I only got 14 points after graduating 13 people.

You start with 1 points FYI.

Be glad you get to be 'poor' instead of inept like me, even though I have graduated more. You lucky duck :p

You start with 1 points FYI.

That's why I said 1-32 and not 0-32 ;)

Seems like it may have just been at temporary setting, maybe a mistake by Mindark. I still believe the mentor skill/profession should not even exist if they are not going to give us reasonable skill gains.

Seems like it may have just been at temporary setting, maybe a mistake by Mindark. I still believe the mentor skill/profession should not even exist if they are not going to give us reasonable skill gains.

I think the issue isn't the skill gains, 1 per person is fine. They need to modify the profession system so that it is 1/1000th or something and that level 30 in the skill actually gives a high profession. That way all the people who've done it for years are not out anything. I think that's a good fix actually maybe we should message support suggesting it.

Maybe it's just a counter of the number of graduates. They might be using the skill table the same way they used it for the old sweat gatherer skill. From what I read on Rookie, the sweat gatherer skill was originally a counter limiting how much sweat a player could collect.

I don't think either one of them actually improves your character's in game abilities.

It is not a good design, it is just a convenient place to put a counter for each player.

Maybe it's just a counter of the number of graduates. They might be using the skill table the same way they used it for the old sweat gatherer skill. From what I read on Rookie, the sweat gatherer skill was originally a counter limiting how much sweat a player could collect.

I don't think either one of them actually improves your character's in game abilities.

It is not a good design, it is just a convenient place to put a counter for each player.

Mentor skill affects the mentor profession, which doesn't affect abilities but is a shown profession people like to show under their names, and being a very successful mentor and being called inept or poor just ain't fair is the issue.

Back