resource location

maxwellhawk

Prowler
Society
Damage Inc.
max hawk phoenix
Maybe someone can figure this out. Every time I find a resource it is within a couple of meters of my av. My skills aren't very high but I used to find my minerals all over the place - I would have to run to them to mine them. Now it seems that the only time I find minerals they are never more then a couple of meters from my av. Is this something that MA has changed or have they secretly changed the search radius to something different then what the specs say?

Maybe someone can figure this out. Every time I find a resource it is within a couple of meters of my av. My skills aren't very high but I used to find my minerals all over the place - I would have to run to them to mine them. Now it seems that the only time I find minerals they are never more then a couple of meters from my av. Is this something that MA has changed or have they secretly changed the search radius to something different then what the specs say?

You will hear a dozen different theories on this. IMO these are "usually" randomly generated deposits (based on what parameters if any? I have no idea but again you will hear lots of theories like 'it's based on your ped cycled').

You will hear a dozen different theories on this. IMO these are "usually" randomly generated deposits (based on what parameters if any? I have no idea but again you will hear lots of theories like 'it's based on your ped cycled').

Or more likely, they are generated on bomb drop.....

Rgds

Ace

I think in order to actually attempt to "figure this out" a few tests and gathering of more data/information needs to be conducted, analyzed, and even compared with or tracked over a certain period of time (includes current data versus older mining data that's already been collected by other miners). The objective is to see and/or verify if indeed MA did adjust and/or change up the so called 'radius' or distance between you and the claims being discovered.

Who knows, maybe I'm approaching this entirely wrong and I usually would want to know the mining setup, location/area of places mined, times tracked of when claims were high to when very low, and see/observe the patterns (if any) in the distances of the claims (clusters, lines, curves, etc.).

Also, I think there is no actual 'right or wrong' observation as each avatar is different in relation to how they mine and thus impacts the various variations in what they observe through mining. Meaning only MA knows how or if they want to change the rules; just a matter of us unfortunately stumbling upon them in regards of viewing these changes as some sort of 'balance' or in other player's minds/words, wtf.

Last edited:
I get claims all over the search radius from close to at the limit of the search radius. So no I don't think that MA have quietly adjusted the search radius.

I get claims all over the search radius from close to at the limit of the search radius. So no I don't think that MA have quietly adjusted the search radius.

Same here it dont matter if i am running or standing still. Some behind me some right next to others in front etc etc.

I was making this same observation the other day. On several occasions my drops (I keep dropping til they stop) would pop up claims so close by that I couldn't even walk between them.

Ive mined a long stretch but it certainly seems they pop up closer to the avatar more often now.

Mindark has never been open about in depth ingame mechanics, I guess they want the players to figure it out, so that they can change it again.

Basic mining concepts have been known since beta, although many players just don't see them, or assume that the game is random of sorts.

Back