Selling: Monria

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
Monria [SOLD]

entropia_678849.jpg

It is hereby announced that the combined planet partner and affiliate asset "Monria" is once again for sale. This time it will be done through dutch auction, which in short means we'll reduce the price by 5% every single day until it is sold.

What is included:

• The moon estate deed
  • Ownership of the domain monria.com
  • Rights to all website content, forum content and website source code, as well as Twitter/FB accounts.
  • Ownership of all recruited accounts to date and their future revenue according to affiliate contract.
  • 73 standard apartments
  • 6 penthouse apartments (with pools)
  • 5 unsold shops (most of them in prime locations)
  • All Monria-owned display areas.
  • 4 Iron mission chains with repeatable missions
  • 2 Mining mission chains with repeatable missions
  • 1 Crafting mission chain with repeatable missions
  • 2 unique resources (Maladrite, Zoldenite) used in crafting mining finders, amps, components, guns, gun attachments
  • 4 basic mobs, each with its set of boss mobs and special loot drops, including unique Monria specific items (Modec gun series, Monrian specific melee items, creature parts used in crafting melee eco amps)
  • 64 000 m^2 area with craters and caves.
  • Direct teleport to Calypso.
  • Streaming terminal with associated controlling avatar (useful for playing live streams, music tracks and live events)
  • numerous expansion and development options available for purchase from MindArk
  • Further development is possible in cooperation with MindArk for a cost. It's up to the owner if he wants to be actively involved in the development process or not, in areas like artwork, story, dialogue, item design and so on. Alternatively, Mindark could handle all development with minimal input from the owner.

Who is selling:

Monria is owned by a co-ownership consisting of 5 Entropians.

Income model:

The moon estate deed yields 10% of all revenue from participants on Monria.
The affiliate contract yields 25% of all revenue from all recruited participants (both on Monria and elsewhere)

The auction:

The auction will start on Monday the 26th of October at 2 500 000 PED.
Every day we will reduce the price by 5% until the asset is sold.
There is no minimum price.
The winners is whoever takes it first at current price. First to post gets it. No exceptions - no negotiations.
To bid reply to THIS thread and make it very clear you wish to buy it at the then currently listed amount. (NO private messages) All questions and inquires are to be sent to ir@monria.com

Once a bid is received the auction is frozen while the bidder gathers the funds.
The bidder will have 1 week to place a 5% deposit of the full amount (or equivalent collateral), and 1 month to pay the amount in full.

Should the bidder fail to place either the deposit or the full amount the auction is unfrozen and continues where it was left off.

The auction is now LIVE!
For current price see the end of the thread!

Update (27.11.2015):

Monria is now sold and this auction is over. Thank you to everyone showing their interest and congratulations to Jason Jarvis aka Eugenio Anhithe Wilde for aquiring this unique property!

Last edited:
Good luck! Can't wait till it has a single owner.

No offense, but I now have a hate for all group investments, and feel that anyone starting or paying into one is a moron. Of course Akoz didn't know this yet, as neither did I at the time of investment for Monria as I may have joined in myself if I had funds. But I know this now and he obviously does too because of the sale.

Here is the issue with group investments.

There WILL need to be future investment, when you have 20 investors (or even 3), all it takes is 1 person to not chip in, and the entire imporvement is gone. One example is an event that would have been paid for and hosted on Monria. One little shithead said no he doesnt have extra money to toss at it, and BAM Monria is fucked forever with no improvements until sold to a single owner, who can actually improve it.

NEVER EVER EVER DO A GROUP INVESTMENT. IN FACT LETS MAKE IT BANNABLE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac

No offense, but I now have a hate for all group investments, and feel that anyone starting or paying into one is a moron. Of course Akoz didn't know this yet, as neither did I at the time of investment for Monria as I may have joined in myself if I had funds. But I know this now and he obviously does too because of the sale.

There WILL need to be future investment, when you have 20 investors (or even 3), all it takes is 1 person to not chip in, and the entire imporvement is gone. One example is an event that would have been paid for and hosted on Monria. One little shithead said no he doesnt have extra money to toss at it, and BAM Monria is fucked forever with no improvements until sold.

If this is in fact the issue, then is it not possible for other shareholders to buy out the one not wanting to invest. Or maybe sell out the share belonging to the stakeholder to someone else who would be willing to invest further?

Anyway good luck with the Monria sale :).

If this is in fact the issue, then is it not possible for other shareholders to buy out the one not wanting to invest. Or maybe sell out the share belonging to the stakeholder to someone else who would be willing to invest further?

Anyway good luck with the Monria sale :).

That is exactly what is happening here, except many people don't want to invest. So it needs a single owner.

But the BIGGER issue is this was a group investment in the first place, which means no single person WANTS to own it all, or even someone else's cut, or they would have in the first place. So no, you cannot just buy out the one who chooses not to invest, and no one even wants his share, if they did they'd already have it, or the entire moon.

I think one of the biggest goals of the new owner will be to recruit new players who start the avatar in Monria. Toward that end, is there any way to set up advertising links that go specifically to account creation on Monria, or is the owner going to have to hope that anyone following Monria's advertisement doesnt accidently sign up on a different planet. Is Calypso the default planet?

Any ideas how much MA charges for a new monster or a new iron challenge?

Serious question, those of us using your referral link, through your account, will these be transferred over to the new owner, or abandoned?

I have an affiliate link that I use through you on my ped earning site, will it still be 'mine' when you transfer?

Also you claim to have "8 huge domes and caverns with FOMA/Hell mining logic."

There are no domes, there are 2 'huge' domes in comparison to foma, if you count the craters. But not 6. And if you divide these up you have maybe 6 extremely small ones. I am assuming this is a copy paste. The cavern is a single one, and not that large, definitely not a 'dome' or in any way similar to the domes or even hell mining area. Most of it is thin tunnels that cannot be properly mined in for example.

I think one of the biggest goals of the new owner will be to recruit new players who start the avatar in Monria. Toward that end, is there any way to set up advertising links that go specifically to account creation on Monria, or is the owner going to have to hope that anyone following Monria's advertisement doesnt accidently sign up on a different planet. Is Calypso the default planet?

Any ideas how much MA charges for a new monster or a new iron challenge?

Q1: Direct advertising links
Yes. MindArk has provided a set of affiliate links that you may use so that all accounts signed up that way is tagged as "Monria" avatars. These will then also go to Monria directly after the gateway.
EntropiaUniverse.com also supports sending people to any subpage and cache the code, so for instance if you refer a new player to the the video section and adds the affiliate code in the url (http://www.entropiauniverse.com/ent...s-guide/video-tutorials/?ccode=affimoon130401) Then you will find that the "register" buttons on EntropiaUniverse.com remembers the code for subsequent page navigation.
The website monria.com also supports pass-through affiliate codes and advanced google analytics tracking and statistics.

Q2: Cost estimates for new monsters:
This has to be negotiated with MindArk. We have had quotes of around 2k$ for a new mob with some reuse.

Q3: Cost of iron missions:
Again this has to be negotiated with MindArk but in pure work ought to be a lot less hours than doing a new monster.

Serious question, those of us using your referral link, through your account, will these be transferred over to the new owner, or abandoned?

I have an affiliate link that I use through you on my ped earning site, will it still be 'mine' when you transfer?

Also you claim to have "8 huge domes and caverns with FOMA/Hell mining logic."

There are no domes, there are 2 'huge' domes in comparison to foma, if you count the craters. But not 6. And if you divide these up you have maybe 6 extremely small ones. I am assuming this is a copy paste. The cavern is a single one, and not that large, definitely not a 'dome' or in any way similar to the domes or even hell mining area. Most of it is thin tunnels that cannot be properly mined in for example.

Regarding referral links we'll have to discuss with the new owner to make sure they approve, but I'm sure we'll come to terms one way or another.

Regarding 8 domes : Correct, this was copy-paste. Thank you - it has been corrected.

Question :

As the deed owner of Monria are you still allowed to log in and play the game ?

I can answer this because they said it in the old Moon owner FAQ, yes you can.

There WILL need to be future investment, when you have 20 investors (or even 3), all it takes is 1 person to not chip in, and the entire imporvement is gone.

Not really. It's not how it works.

Say an investment group wants to inject some extra cash and use that for further investment but there is one person, or more persons who refuses to do so. That person can opt not to invest and his stake would get diluted. This is how it's done in RL in some cases when new money's coming in.

Also when it comes to making decisions about future direction, shareholders can always vote on it. A majority vote usually settles things.

I think a large group 20+ would actually be a good idea because there will be more people with skin in the game and you'd have a loyal community from the get go with people willing to put in their spare time for free, trying to grow the project.

Not really. It's not how it works.

Say an investment group wants to inject some extra cash and use that for further investment but there is one person, or more persons who refuses to do so. That person can opt not to invest and his stake would get diluted. This is how it's done in RL in some cases when new money's coming in.

Also when it comes to making decisions about future direction, shareholders can always vote on it. A majority vote usually settles things.

I think a large group 20+ would actually be a good idea because there will be more people with skin in the game and you'd have a loyal community from the get go with people willing to put in their spare time for free, trying to grow the project.

Then tell we why you guys have no upgrades in 2 years, and are selling it now because of loss's due to poor management because of the group investment. You guys fucked yourself from the start.

There WILL need to be future investment, when you have 20 investors (or even 3), all it takes is 1 person to not chip in, and the entire imporvement is gone. One example is an event that would have been paid for and hosted on Monria. One little shithead said no he doesnt have extra money to toss at it, and BAM Monria is fucked forever with no improvements until sold to a single owner, who can actually improve it.

Gosh...Your perception of what an investment group is and how it works is basic to say the least.

Shall we ban uninformed comments too? :rolleyes:

So after 32 days the price will be at 500k and after 50 days at 200k.
Interesting :)

So after 32 days the price will be at 500k and after 50 days at 200k.
Interesting :)

I'm also assuming the reduction per day is 5% of the previous day's price, but a lot more is unclear besides that...

1. Is the decision to sell and this mode of sale agreed by all current owners of Monria?
2. Can current owners also make a bid at any point they see fit (if noone else beats them to it)?
3. Does an agreement still need to be signed with MA that contains any obligations/restrictions on the buyer side?
4. Are the properties mentioned in the package still actually owned by Monria owners and available for sale without any charges by MA (except deed fees on AH maybe)?
5. Why are absolutely no operating figures provided on Monria-born avatars, Monria income etc?

My guess is that maybe even a majority of current owners are prepared to jump in at a certain price anyway, so this could be like formally advertising a job to the outside world even though someone from inside is highly likely to be selected..... It would explain why so little further information has been given...

Anyway, gl as they say!

Monria will self-destruct 30 seconds after last bid.

But Akoz also sells insurance.

I'm also assuming the reduction per day is 5% of the previous day's price, but a lot more is unclear besides that...

Let's see what we can do to clear that up..

Q: Is the decision to sell and this mode of sale agreed by all current owners of Monria?
Yes. It was voted over. 96% votevalue was for, 4% did not vote or voted blank.

Q: Can current owners also make a bid at any point they see fit (if noone else beats them to it)?
Yes. Whenever a bid is made the auction is over, thus this cannot be used to influence the price.

Q: Does an agreement still need to be signed with MA that contains any obligations/restrictions on the buyer side?
Yes. You will need to sign an NDA, an affiliate agreement and a moon operator agreement. There are no financial obligations attached.

Q: Are the properties mentioned in the package still actually owned by Monria owners and available for sale without any charges by MA (except deed fees on AH maybe)?
Yes they are all in our possession. There are no associated costs in getting these.

Q: Why are absolutely no operating figures provided on Monria-born avatars, Monria income etc?
Yes .. ;-)

Thanks for the quick response! I wasn't quite expecting a yes answer to a why question.... but it makes it 5/5 yes answers, so I'll accept the wink that goes with it ;)

A little offtopic perhaps, but what happend to all the already sold deeds for shops apartments etc, are they recalled or does the players that purchased them still own those ?

A little offtopic perhaps, but what happend to all the already sold deeds for shops apartments etc, are they recalled or does the players that purchased them still own those ?

All trades are final. Sold items will stay with their owners.

Last edited:
The auction will start on Monday the 26th of October at 2 500 000 PED.
Every day we will reduce the price by 5% until the asset is sold.

Just out of curiousity, and because I'm not a mathematician, how many days does it take before the price becomes 1,000,000?

:scratch2:

Q1: Any chance we can see some historical figures on actual revenue amounts?

Q2: You've expressed that new mobs and missions must be negotiated with MindArk, does this mean that all the development of Monria is done by MindArk or does the group currently owning Monria have a development team?

Just out of curiousity, and because I'm not a mathematician, how many days does it take before the price becomes 1,000,000?

:scratch2:

if I didn't hit the calculator button incorrectly I think it is 19 days (993,032.16 PED).
Have taken 5% of the original amount and then reduced that new figure by 5% and so until I got nearest figure to your 1,000,000 PED

ie 2,500,000 - 125,000= 2,375,000
2,375,000 - 118,750= 2,256,250...

Am sure I recall a formula that would have saved the button...but hey, am older player. so pre auto click so was less than a lyst global.
or I've totally muffed it and sent you on a goose chase... but then goose tastes good, so not all would be lost.

Indica

The auction is now live.

Today's price: 2'500'000 PED

Q: How many days does it take before the price becomes 1,000,000?
A: 18 more days from today.

Q: Any chance we can see some historical figures on actual revenue amounts?
A: We have decided not to go out with revenue information. It is highly fluctuating and will depend on ongoing events, time of year, balancing, patches, new content, and many other things. The most important aspect to get a good revenue will be for the new owner to recruit new players.

Q: Is all the development of Monria done by MindArk or does the group currently owning Monria have a development team?
A: All development is primarily done by MindArk, though in some cases you may submit models to them. For instance the apartments you find on Monria was submitted as 3D models by Jamira, though we don't have any full time development team.

Some questions:

1. How long is the "Moon" contract with Mindark?
2. Will a renewal payment be required?
3. Can MA terminate the contract?
4. Are you in default of any provisions in that contract? If so have MA waived the default?
5. Without seeking profit figures yet, what was the annual turnover figures?

Thank you.

Is there a deed for each sub-estate, such as the apartments, shop, etc. and are those a part of the sale too? You mention 73 apartments. Are ALL of those included, and are there 72 deeds there? Are there more than those 73 apartments up there on the moon, and do any of those already have owners?

Are you willing to take any offers on the sub-estates themselves instead of the big package deal?

Q: What is the duration of the contract with MindArk
A: There is not set any end date to the contract.

Q: Will a renewal payment be required?
A: No. There are no added costs at all for taking over, and all costs associated with the Entropia platform (servers etc) is paid for by MindArk. The only costs you will have is for marketing, hosting and development of the website, and optional investments into new content.

Q: Can MindArk terminate the contract?
A: Yes. Primarily if you breach the contract, or the EULA MindArk may terminate the contract. A copy of the contracts can be provided on request.

Q: Are you in default of any provisions in that contract?
A: No

Q: Is there a deed for each sub-estate, such as the apartments, shop, etc. and are those a part of the sale too?
A: The apartments and the shops comes with estate deeds. All deeds are included in the sale.

Q: You mention 73 apartments. Are ALL of those included, and are there 72 deeds there? Are there more than those 73 apartments up there on the moon, and do any of those already have owners?
A: The ones listed in the opening post are the unsold assets that are currently in our possession. There are a lot more that has been sold already, but those are not part of the sale.

Q: Are you willing to take any offers on the sub-estates themselves instead of the big package deal?
A: No. This is a package deal.

Some questions:

5. Without seeking profit figures yet, what was the annual turnover figures?

Thank you.

Here are some Entropia Life figures. The Monria numbers in planet section are inaccurate as they are based on mob names/ore names and not the recently introduced Monria branded global messages. You have to look at the Monria info in the land area section which is based on branded global messages.

Last 7 days hunting

xKPL4pC.png

Mining

D2BxBSP.png

The mining & hunting turnover was much higher at times in the past. There are currently no active events on Monria.

Crafting (Monria also gets % of revenue from crafting unlike standard LAs)

No data here because there aren't branded crafting global messages.

Monria generates a net profit so the buyer should not worry about forking money just to keep things afloat.

Back