Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
Back to the Future Day!

bttfiidate.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34569759

What were you doing 30 years ago? :)

PS: For Brit's, all 3 films back to back on ITV2 tonight.

Last edited:
Remember that you need 2.21Gigawatts to be able to timetravel :)

Lmao @ Mega. Nice one dude :thumbup:

Hmm, 30 years ago. Well I was still in my moms tummy for another 6 months or so.

Seen these movies way too many times though :)

Well I wasn't born 30 years ago. but i would have listen to a lot of music if i was alive in the the early 80s.

God, I love Tesla coils .. in fact I love Nicolas Tesla ..
Genius

30 years ago today - the height of Duran Duran and Aha - couldn't decide which one I fancied more - Morten or Simon, or maybe it was the one with loads of make up telling me to Relax - afterall I still had on my Frankie Says T shirt :yay:

Great ,now give me "travel into Vu9 day" :silly2:

How many years are there in a single second?

Great ,now give me "travel into Vu9 day" :silly2:

Best I can do.

(C) Mccormick

Lets dance the VU9 away. :banana:

Anyone still think - "This? Is the 21st century????"

Where are my hoverboots? :yup:

What was I doing? Probably playing on my atari 800 and listening to The Smiths, assuming there wasn't an AD&D game going. I was so cool back then :cool::laugh:

What was I doing? Probably playing on my atari 800 and listening to The Smiths, assuming there wasn't an AD&D game going. I was so cool back then :cool::laugh:

Cool!

I should have asked two questions. Oh well 21 Oct 2015 only comes round once. Cant alter it.
I Should have asked this:

• What were you doing?
  • What (if you were alive in 1985) did you imagine life in 2015 would be like?

With this 'future' date coming to an end, thank you to all who contributed. :thumbup:

For those who didn't, you need more Sci-Fi in your life. ;)

2015 was to far away to contemplate. The year 2000 was ages away and by then I'd be a 33 year old geezer and life would be virtually over.

Close but no Grand slam.

Alright, since we got some of the stuff right, some of the stuff is coming out.. partially worng.. (or actually right..)

First off let's start off with perhaps the best ting thtat was supposed to happen.. The Chicago Cubs.. Guess what? They're still in the playoffs, but... they're 1 game from being eliminated by the New York Mets (but hey they did get this far.!)

Occulus Rift? They got that one right..

Oh , and let's all go "Surf Vietnam" (Bet you didn't know that VIetnam is one of the top surf capitals in teh world..

However... The Hoverboard while it works, can't go over open ground (only on a copper surface..

but on the right side, remember how controllers are for Babyies? Well then... Can we say Wii U? I knew we could..

Oh and Doc, do't forget yor Iphone to take pictures...

so much right and wrong..(and let's go to chillies to get those waiterless order screens.. okay?)

(Sgt) Benjamion Ben Coote IFN Marines
(a.k.a. "THe Blind Sniper" and "His_Dog_Spot")

I want a replacement hoverboard mega

30 years ago... I was just getting off my first 6 year tour of active military service :thumbup:

30 years ago... I was just getting off my first 6 year tour of active military service :thumbup:

I'm a bit younger but who played this in 1985?

If you missed out on 1985, you didnt miss out on much, however this was a decent game. :)

Computer games took a good decade to get much better TBH.

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>_

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>_

There is no 'history' in this thread.

Maybe you'd like this one?

If you liked to explore back in the day, this was well ahead of its time technology wise.
I dont think I even came close to completing it.

We all have our regrets I suppose. I hope he lived happily ever after. :)

Do you want intstructions y/n?

Alright, since we got some of the stuff right, some of the stuff is coming out.. partially worng.. (or actually right..)

First off let's start off with perhaps the best ting thtat was supposed to happen.. The Chicago Cubs.. Guess what? They're still in the playoffs, but... they're 1 game from being eliminated by the New York Mets (but hey they did get this far.!)

Occulus Rift? They got that one right..

Oh , and let's all go "Surf Vietnam" (Bet you didn't know that VIetnam is one of the top surf capitals in teh world..

However... The Hoverboard while it works, can't go over open ground (only on a copper surface..

but on the right side, remember how controllers are for Babyies? Well then... Can we say Wii U? I knew we could..

Oh and Doc, do't forget yor Iphone to take pictures...

so much right and wrong..(and let's go to chillies to get those waiterless order screens.. okay?)

Don't forget a female president... and a few other things.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/connectedworld/today-is-the-day-marty-traveled-to-the-future-in-back-to-the-future-part-ii/ar-BBmgOzC

Are we... fighting?

Right now?

LOL at music - so inappropriate! :D

You asked:

In 1985, I was playing both of those games, when not running a business and raising my daughter (then 3yo).

Btw, I don't recall Rogue having any sound at all. Whoever loaded that stream to Youtube has added a backing track.

I expect most gamers from 1985 would recognize both those I posted.

You asked:

In 1985, I was playing both of those games, when not running a business and raising my daughter (then 3yo).

Btw, I don't recall Rogue having any sound at all. Whoever loaded that stream to Youtube has added a backing track.

I expect most gamers from 1985 would recognize both those I posted.

As per usual, communication difficulties and sense of humour mistranslations / failures have resulted in a Cold War situation.

And because you failed to understand this.

You wont understand some of us were playing Saboteur (1985) as shown or even this the year before:

This is why people have such difficulties with you Serica, even when a fairly obvious hand of friendship was tentatively offered despite all your past endevours, you blasted it with Ice Crystals.

Stay out my friendly threads or just delete em eh?

As per usual, communication difficulties and sense of humour mistranslations / failures have resulted in a Cold War situation.

And because you failed to understand this.

You wont understand some of us were playing Saboteur (1985) as shown or even this the year before:

This is why people have such difficulties with you Serica, even when a fairly obvious hand of friendship was tentatively offered despite all your past endevours, you blasted it with Ice Crystals.

Stay out my friendly threads or just delete em eh?

Your aggressive tone is uncalled for.

While you may have been playing Saboteur with your friends then, others (including me) were not.

Are you suggesting that members can only post here if they were playing the same games then as you were?
And if they suggest they were playing other things, they should be abused for mentioning them?

-------------------------

We were all at different stages of our lives in 1985, as now.
And while technology might be ubiquitous now with internet shopping and global shipping, we didn't all have the same access to technology then.
It might be hard for some younger members to really grasp just how limited it could be back then, and how much we just take for granted now.

In 1985, I had a TRS-80 (16k of memory and a cassette drive - those were the days!). Games were sold as cartridges, but the local availability was really limited.
My brothers (then in their early teens) were probably involved in a school-based 'computer club' and so able to swap games with friends, but I was well out of that sort of community by then.
And I was living in a small town on an island.

Just to show how much had changed in the few years before 1985: when I finished highschool just 5years earlier, there was one computer on the Gold Coast - a mainframe owned by the City Council and used for producing the rates notices.
I don't recall there ever being anything like a 'computer club' at school then.
I was one of the couple from my school chosen that year (the local schools all sent a couple of students) to attend a week-long series of on-campus Uni outreach-type lectures on 'programming'.
It was all using mark sense cards. :cool:

While I upgraded computers more than once, it was still quite a few years after 1985 before I bought a modem (9600 bps!) - or had any use for one, because until Compuserve Pacific launched its first server in Melbourne (in 1994 iirc), there were no public ISPs in Australia.
There was AARnet which could be accessed by university staff, but nothing for the public until Compuserve started up here.
For the first year or so, every connection (for me) involved an interstate phonecall to connect to their server; the phone bills that year were enormous!
Fortunately they opened the door for a plethora of other, more local, services.

So much has changed since 1985.
Now we think nothing of churning through games - they can be free, they're online, available 24/7.
There's tutorials and walkthroughs, Facebook groups, and watching other people's streams and vid clips to get tips on how to play.
Back then there was none of that - not for me anyway.

A male to male "one up manship" faux competition isn't called aggressive.

It's called friendly banter. I've no idea if you or any female understand this. If this sounds sexist, then you dont know men.

I thought that was what Serica and I were engaging in. You show 5 diamonds, I show 10.

I haven't got enough life left to explain this to people.

This thread is about Back to The future. This is Part 2 which is relevant to the 2015 part.

I didn't play it, but some people have the ability to suck all the atmosphere and life out of a party dont they?

Do what you have to do Serica. Make up fake reasons to ban people or delete posts, go on.

Back