Total Cost: 579.27 PED

Land Area Tax: 3.99%

Approximate Average MU: 104.55%

Auction Fees: 5.35 PED

TT return: 1192.26 PED (211.80%)

Markup Added (After Auction Fees): +59.17 PED

Event Prize: +145 PED

Profit/Loss: +817.16 PED

Comments: Waiting for the OLA59 owner to log in and tell me if I won, since I don't have LA viewer on Entropialife. Update - We won!

DPfm3LR.jpg

Last edited:
That markup average though... Yikes. Caly mining really is despicable now.

Prologue: That feeling when you buy 40 amps and HOF on 1st amp.

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes/Uni Ammo+Finder Decay): 816.75 PED
Markup cost on Finder: 0.50 PED
Drill Decay: 13.47 PED
Fuel/Travel/Warp Cost: 22 PED
Amplifier MU: 23.74 PED
Refiner: 8.27 PED
Total Cost: 884.73 PED

Approximate Average MU: 119.70%

Auction Fees: TBA

TT return: 2134.21 PED (261.31%)

Markup Added (After Auction Fees): Quite a bit

Profit/Loss: A lot

Comments: Short run on Ark followed by a few drops on RT. Ended the run early. Thanks for giving us such an early announcement on the Fred waves MA! :rolleyes:

0ZVICEv.png

Taking a break from EU for an indefinite period!

Last edited:
Post-Withdrawal Returns! MA's Revenge Pt. 1

Prologue: We're back! For now. Withdrew almost all my PEDs, paused my mining career on a massive TT upswing, so I'm expecting some huge losses ;) Whipping out the rusty F-105 and grabbing a TT drill. Let's do this.

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes/Uni Ammo+Finder Decay): 1312.40 PED
Markup cost on Finder: N/A
Drill Decay: 3.30 PED
Fuel/Travel/Warp Cost: 2.02 PED
Amplifier MU: 22 PED
Refiner: 0.30 PED
Total Cost: 1340.02 PED

TT lost to LA tax (~theoretically): 6.20 PED

Approximate Average MU: 114.50%

TT return: 922.83 PED (70.31%)

Markup Added (Minus Auction Fees): +121.16 PED

Profit/Loss: -296.03 PED

Comments: What a nightmare. These runs were mostly unamped or with a level 2 light amp. Markup was terrible, Calypso is worse than ever atm, but I lack the bankroll to cycle on other planets so I decided to give it a try.

Hit almost 0 multipliers, and of course 0 globals.
Could these be the infamous post-withdrawal returns? :dunce:

Nah... most likely due to the massive upswing I was on before I took my break. Let's hope things turn around soon...

Last edited:
Welcome Back and good luck for next runs

Cheers

Prologue: We're back! For now. Withdrew almost all my PEDs, paused my mining career on a massive TT upswing, so I'm expecting some huge losses ;) Whipping out the rusty F-105 and grabbing a TT drill. Let's do this.

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes/Uni Ammo+Finder Decay): 1312.40 PED
Drill Decay: 3.30 PED
Fuel/Travel/Warp Cost: 2.02 PED
Amplifier MU: 22 PED
Refiner: 0.30 PED
Total Cost: 1340.02 PED

Approximate Average MU: 113.99%

TT return: 922.83 PED (70.31%)

Markup Added (Minus Auction Fees): +129.16 PED

Profit/Loss: -288.03 PED

Comments: What a nightmare. These runs were mostly unamped or with a level 2 light amp. Markup was terrible, Calypso is worse than ever atm, but I lack the bankroll to cycle on other planets so I decided to give it a try.

Hit almost 0 multipliers, and of course 0 globals.
Could these be the infamous post-withdrawal returns? :dunce:

Nah... most likely due to the massive upswing I was on before I took my break. Let's hope things turn around soon...

Do an event? https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ning-Hunting-event-250-peds-in-prizes-and-Aud

Post-Withdrawal Returns! MA's Revenge Pt. 2

Prologue: Decided to drop by a couple of event areas for the hell of it. Don't have the bankroll to guarantee placement but sometimes you just feel like mindlessly grinding away at an event and not chasing markup. Decided to hit up a few markup areas afterwards :rolleyes: Had to end the run a bit early since there were no amps on auction.

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes/Uni Ammo+Finder Decay): 1063.76 PED
Drill Decay: 2.78 PED
Fuel/Travel/Warp Cost: 1.04 PED
Amplifier MU: 28 PED
Refiner: 0.22 PED
Total Cost: 1095.80 PED

TT lost to LA tax (~theoretically): 18.80 PED

Approximate Markup Breakdown

1) Event Area 1 (OLA43 - 86 PED Lytairian Global omitted for markup calculation)
Ore: 107.40%
Enmatter: 114.10%
Averaging out at around 110%, not bad for an event area with a 4% Tax. You have a fighting chance to break even or profit, and possibly win the event as well!

2) Event Area 2 (Pempredo Island - Very short run - 2.5% Tax)
Average Markup: 108.8%
On a longer grind with higher depth, I could see Pempredo being 3-4% higher than this. The market is just rather weak at the moment. Again, not a terrible space to grind an event. Plus, no mobs and low tax :cool: Great for a newbie with an F-105 that just wants to skill up cheaply and not worry about profit.

3) Misc./Markup Areas
Average Markup: 129.72%
Not a terrible run thanks to this. I hit some of my favorite areas hard, but after my first amp, markup significantly diminished. In my first ~100 drops average markup was holding steady around 140-150%, then the next 15 claims were TT trash. It seems that the cap for ultra-rare resources has been significantly reduced. Possibly due to a combination of hoarding/MA intervention. I need to do a bit more research on whether this resource throttling is server-specific or universe-wide.

TT return: 899.91 PED (84.60%)

Markup Added (Minus Auction Fees): +164.72

Profit/Loss: -31.17 PED

Comments: Interesting day. OLA43 was more pleasant than expected (aside from the hungry Neconu). Pempredo wasn't looking too great. My markup areas seemed to be performing. Caly may not be too terrible, for now. Unfortunately amp supply seems to be waning. Crafters not crafting? Or is someone buying out all the medium amps? :mad:

I'm not going to sugarcoat it, there is not much markup out there for the average miner at the moment. Can you break even? Sure. Can you profit? Yeah, a bit. However, for serious and consistent profit in the current market, you either need 1) Very strong consistent markup areas, and/or 2) An enormous bankroll and a strategy that complements it (ie: high volume mining with a slight profit margin or UL amp).

It seems that markup has displaced from the rarer minerals towards the more common. The best explanation I suppose would be a reduction in advanced crafting activity... But I'm no expert on crafting. Things like Narc and Dianum have floated up to 105-107%, whereas rarer minerals such as Ignisium have sunk to 125-130%. What does this mean? Newbie miners will have a much easier time breaking even, but significant profit has become trickier to achieve.

Fed about 350 PED of trash resources into TT.

And of course, my recent TT hole continues to grow :wtg:

Last edited:
Good to see you back in action, bud, even if the current market isn't the greatest. I'm a bit undecided myself of where to go, what to do. Just chilling on Caly for a couple days while I sell some stuff, and then decide from there. Anyway, its always fun reading another log. I hope the TT comes up for your next one, gl! :cool:

Misc./Markup Areas Average Markup: 129.72%
Where had you found zones with so big mu?

Misc./Markup Areas Average Markup: 129.72%
Where had you found zones with so big mu?

These were mostly the same zones I visited in my first run
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...F-Mining-Log&p=3549777&viewfull=1#post3549777

114% to 129%, strange eh?

We'll have to wait and see what the real long term markup is. MA definitely changed some things around. Timing seems to be more important than ever.

Good to see you back in action, bud, even if the current market isn't the greatest. I'm a bit undecided myself of where to go, what to do. Just chilling on Caly for a couple days while I sell some stuff, and then decide from there. Anyway, its always fun reading another log. I hope the TT comes up for your next one, gl! :cool:

Thanks Speed. Yeah, going to take things slow and casual until the market shifts. Seems like you were doing well on Arkadia! Hunting for bismuth/nanites with a small amp sounds fun :woot:

...... Hunting for bismuth/nanites with a small amp sounds fun :woot:

I'm glad to see you're back to mining, i enjoy reading these. A quick question about the quote above, as i know pretty much nothing about nanites, can you get them from mining? thought they were from hunting mobs in AU only?

I'm glad to see you're back to mining, i enjoy reading these. A quick question about the quote above, as i know pretty much nothing about nanites, can you get them from mining? thought they were from hunting mobs in AU only?

They seem to be way more common from hunting in AU.

But according to one of my mining disciples, you can get them from mining planetside as well. I haven't been to Arkadia recently so I can't confirm or deny.

Prologue: Quick update from a run I logged a few months ago.

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes/Uni Ammo+Finder/Amp Decay): 1264.54 PED
Drill Decay: 3.97 PED
Fuel/Travel/Warp Cost: 1.72 PED
Amplifier MU: 33 PED
Refiner: 0.03 PED
Total Cost: 1303.26 PED

TT return: 884.61 PED (69.95%)

Markup Added (Minus Auction Fees): +178.99 PED

Profit/Loss: -239.66 PED

Comments: Yawn. Was doing decent on markup but high markup planetside mining has become so utterly frustrating. Ended up double dropping wildly towards the end and ruining my markup. TT returns were also catastrophically low. Luckily Dianthus is up at 340% now and I managed to dig up a decent chunk that day. Still no way to recoup this savage TT return.

Prologue: Lousy FOMA mining 2017

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes/Uni Ammo+Finder/Amp Decay): 2512.52 PED
Drill Decay: 3.17 PED
Amplifier MU: 503 PED
Refiner: 0.36 PED
Total Cost: 3019.05 PED PED

TT return: 1811.59 PED (72%)

Markup Added (Minus Auction Fees): +315.38 PED

Profit/Loss: -892.08 PED

Comments: Lost about 100 PED in potential MU thanks to my good ol' friend the Trade Terminal. TT hole continues to widen. It's gaping. It's enormous. Staring at me. Calling out to me. I probably shouldn't have bought those 3 level 13s.

Last edited:
They seem to be way more common from hunting in AU.

But according to one of my mining disciples, you can get them from mining planetside as well. I haven't been to Arkadia recently so I can't confirm or deny.

Alright, thats news to me. Thanks for the info :)

Yep I got a mod nanite on surface a couple runs ago. :)

Reactions: ZPF
ZPF Mining Log - 2019 - Entry #1

Prologue: Wow has it really been two years? :laugh:

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes/Uni Ammo+Finder/Amp Decay): 452.47 PED
Markup cost on Finder: 9.97 PED
Drill Decay: 1.02 PED
Fuel/Travel/Warp Cost: 1.80 PED
Amplifier MU: 5 PED
Total: 470.26 PED

TT return: 426.87 PED (94.34%)

*Approximate Markup (Not Including SOOTO): +72.99 PED (116.13%)

Profit/Loss: +29.60 PED

Notable Loot: Angel Scales x19 (0.19 PED), Mining Loot Box x2 (0.00 PED)

Comments: I logged in expecting a different game but it still feels like the same old EU :cool: Loot 2.0 may have changed the game though! If these TT returns keep up I'll be a happy camper. Markup seems to be an issue but hey, things rarely come easy in Entropia. Gotta get out there and hunt for some new mining spots.
Hold on... Adjusted Excavators are selling for 3500 PED!? Wish I never sold mine :duh: I wonder if MA has added any decent alternatives?

*Markup is estimated using current auction prices.

Time passes just like that bud, I've been fairly inactive for a while which seems a year or more already. Anyway, it's good to see you back, and GL on your 2019 log.

Reactions: ZPF
ZPF Mining Log - 2019 - Entry #2

Prologue: Amped Double Dropping on Calypso. Because why not :laugh:

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes/Uni Ammo+Finder/Amp Decay): 1025.74 PED
Markup cost on Finder: 12.42 PED
Drill Decay: 2.77 PED
Fuel/Travel/Warp Cost: 1.22 PED
Amplifier MU: 14 PED
Total: 1056.15 PED

TT return: 993.96 PED (96.90%)

*Approximate Markup: +99.52 PED (110.01%)

Profit/Loss: +37.33 PED

Notable Loot: Gold Stone x59 (59.00 PED)

Comments: So, why double dropping? I wanted to see if it's still profitable to double drop when my markup input is reasonably low. And apparently it is! I may have gotten lucky with markup here. Gold Stone accounted for over 50% of my total markup and 5.9% of my total TT return. All my multipliers on this run were on TT trash (101-104%) ores. Most of the loot was between 101-106% markup.

TT returns continue to impress me. I was double dropping for this entire run with Level 3 / Level 2 amps yet somehow managed to squeeze out a profit. All we miners need is a small drop of decent markup to profit on this (hopefully) consistent 94-96% TT return. This might be less profit per hour than single dropping - I'll have to start timing my runs to know for sure. Right now I'm just hoping these TT returns don't fall off a cliff.

*Markup is estimated using current auction data.

ZPF Mining Log - 2019 - Entry #3

Prologue: Loot 2.0 presents an opportunity. Mining missions.

Cost:
TT Cost (Probes + 2x Level 5 Amplifier + DSEC L30 Decay): 791.76 PED
Markup cost on Finder: 5.43 PED
Drill Decay: 3.06 PED
Refiner Decay: 1.58 PED
Fuel/Travel/Warp Cost: 0.06 PED
Amplifier MU: 12.28 PED
Total: 814.17 PED

*TT return: 1532.26 PED

*Adjusted TT return: 795.26 PED (97.68%)

*Approximate Markup: +134.26 PED

*Adjusted Approximate Markup: +45.82 PED (105.76%)

*Profit/Loss: +852.35 PED

*Adjusted Profit/Loss: +26.91 PED

Notable Loot:

ganganite_615.jpg
ganga_122_ped.jpg

Mission Progress:
Zinc Level 2: Complete (Was roughly 70% complete before starting this run)
Zinc Level 3: 226/1000
Total Zinc TT mined: 425.90 PED

Comments:
After cashing out most of my PED in 2017, I can't justify interplanetary travel time / warp costs etc on my current bankroll, so I'm currently stuck on Caly! What makes Caly unique? Liquidity, and tons of mining missions, of course. This run had one simple goal - progress on Calypso mining missions as painle$$ly (and quickly) as possible. I've avoided directly attacking these mining missions for a long time. They've been historically difficult to complete profitably in terms of markup, but with loot 2.0 TT returns, I decided to give it a shot. Probably not a great idea - I don't recommend it to anyone else. As you can see in the above data, without the Ganganite multipliers my average markup was an unsustainable 105.76% - Remember, if you're mining for max profit you can always buy skill chips later :wise:

I'll most likely start tracking skill progress on the next log entry. After completing Zinc III and Blau III I may start tracking progress on the next tier of ore mining missions. I've completed Lyst, Belk & Iron III already, mostly thanks to horrible, horrible FOMA runs back in the day. Anyone that reads my log already knows what happened with the Belk mission.

As for the adjusted data, simple explanation there. During late 2017/2018 I was messing with some level 13 amps out of boredom, & had a couple of lousy planetside mining experiences that I chose not to log (big mistake), as well as a couple of decent mining runs on Rocktropia that remain unlogged. These were small runs. To adjust for those losses I'm going to discount my 615 HOF and 122 Global on this run - hopefully this protects the integrity of the 2019 Log somewhat. I'm trying to start fresh. Nothing else will be discounted from here on out. As I cycle more and more PED, the 2018 data will become less relevant and we'll get a clear picture of my 2019 returns.

In other news. I'm ready for my 50% TT return run. No way loot 2.0 is THIS stable. My body and PED card are ready. Bring it on Mindark. Next run will be either continuation of Zinc Mission or Blau Mission. Might use D-Classes this time as prices have gone down (most likely due to Alternative Rock price crash).

*Markup is estimated using recent auction data.

*Adjusted return is total TT return minus my two largest multipliers on this run, Adjusted markup removes the markup of this loot, etc.

Last edited:

Comments:
After cashing out most of my PED in 2017, I can't justify interplanetary travel time / warp costs etc on my current bankroll, so I'm currently stuck on Caly! What makes Caly unique? Liquidity, and tons of mining missions, of course. This run had one simple goal - progress on Calypso mining missions as painle$$ly (and quickly) as possible. I've avoided directly attacking these mining missions for a long time. They've been historically difficult to complete profitably in terms of markup, but with loot 2.0 TT returns, I decided to give it a shot. Probably not a great idea - I don't recommend it to anyone else. As you can see in the above data, without the Ganganite multipliers my average markup was an unsustainable 105.76% - Remember, if you're mining for max profit you can always buy skill chips later :wise:

I'll most likely start tracking skill progress on the next log entry. After completing Zinc III and Blau III I may start tracking progress on the next tier of ore mining missions. I've completed Lyst, Belk & Iron III already, mostly thanks to horrible, horrible FOMA runs back in the day. Anyone that reads my log already knows what happened with the Belk mission.

As for the adjusted data, simple explanation there. During late 2017/2018 I was messing with some level 13 amps out of boredom, & had a couple of lousy planetside mining experiences that I chose not to log (big mistake), as well as a couple of decent mining runs on Rocktropia that remain unlogged. These were small runs. To adjust for those losses I'm going to discount my 615 HOF and 122 Global on this run - hopefully this protects the integrity of the 2019 Log somewhat. I'm trying to start fresh. Nothing else will be discounted from here on out. As I cycle more and more PED, the 2018 data will become less relevant and we'll get a clear picture of my 2019 returns.

In other news. I'm ready for my 50% TT return run. No way loot 2.0 is THIS stable. My body and PED card are ready. Bring it on Mindark. Next run will be either continuation of Zinc Mission or Blau Mission. Might use D-Classes this time as prices have gone down (most likely due to Alternative Rock price crash).

Hi ZPF and wb!

Seems a few other miners are returning or giving mining 2.0 a sample run/trials again for this year after a long break or many few breaks from the past few years (@ Sean Rocket and Stevie Vai to name a few fellow miners).

Your comments I can totally resonate with in terms of TT, MUs, and overall mining 2.0 (since alot of resources have lost their luster in terms of MU over the span of historical years and that TT returns are volitile). Ever since inputting 573TT of free peds obtained over a span of 6 long boring months, I got lucky and hit a tower and another uber hit last month. However, recently all my runs have been in the 'hurt locker' ranging in 52-63% (not many 88%s) returns lately ever since. Anyways, back on topic...Caly does have those mining missions which I do firmly do believe can help 'Caly' miners obtain skills in finishing those 'raunchy' non-MU minnig missions (unless you're going after the pyrite mission as an example).

Yes, I too admit that I was bored quite a few times last year from mining to (even though I was very busy IRL 2018 with working alot, I'd go mine when I could) and did FOMA mining like you did using the largest L amps as possible. Was it fun? Ofc, but in the long term it is not sustainable like you said unless you uber/HoF/ATH more times more of the L big amps being put in along with hitting MUs to. Thus, now I focus on sustainability, balancing Ped card fun (budget managment of the ped card to current budget goals), continual research (*STELr), learning new MU areas, and continuing working on mining missions. This also includes using D-class L amps (which you've stated already) as they are on sale and really do enjoy using 'pre-amp'd' L finders indoors still tbh.

Didn't mean to reply typing out a novel here, but thanks for sharing your mining info/logs and wish you the best of luck this year.

*STELr = skills, timing, equipment, location, and Research.

Cheerz,
Vi Bitfury

Back