Quest for Tower Log

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Hey all I'm going to be starting a log and going for a tower!

With one limitation, that the tower must be planetside... (probably ditching this limitation)

After 3.5 years of heavy mining (summers off) I have yet to tower.. or even get a claim over 3k Ped, so I'm going to shake things up a bit and now that my logs for the past 3 years are sitting at a handsome ~92% TT return, I think it's time to start that over.

My markup average for 2015 is hovering around 118% and I'm hoping to keep this average going.

My calculations indicate that I need 113.7% markup to break even mining for ores only with the finder at 170% and lvl5 amps at 103%.

Gear Used:

DSEC L30 - Everytime, when I can find them for sale.
D-Class Amps - As of 6/19/16
Genesis star excavator 05/SGA T3 enhanced - Nearly doubled my cycle speed
markup needed to profit after decay/fees: 115.6%

and guns/armor when needed to fend off mobs.

This isn't going to be a full time project, however I hope to cycle a decent 6-10k ped each week. That being said I feel the only way to hit a decent tower is to cycle massive amounts of ped quickly these days, but I don't have the funds nor the will to go to foma/HELL/AU and blow peds away for TT trash loot.

Results will be tracked as follows and updated every week at least:
TT in: 57042.42
Markup/Fees in: 1736
TT out: 58236.68(102.09%)
Average Markup (per run): 116.67%

Profit/Loss: +9168.40
Amps burned to date: 197

Largest Loot of Log: 5735 Eronite Stone

Last edited:
GL with this , be interesting to see how long it takes you and what the actual return is :)

Nice project I'll be following. All the best luck to you mate.

Subscribing!

Hope MA is either listening or Lootious is right around the corner with a nice reward soon. I too have never gotten a tower on planet-side. The closest was back in February of this year - 3.6k Belkar on LA61 using a DSEC L30 (L) finder and one (L) lvl 5 amp that I had made.

Good luck on this endeavor.

I wish you luck, but seeing your declared equipment, I think that the project will not be profitable (knowing current MU's). And you must know, that you need atleast 50k in your pockets for financial pillow.

I wish you luck, but seeing your declared equipment, I think that the project will not be profitable (knowing current MU's). And you must know, that you need atleast 50k in your pockets for financial pillow.

I've been doing just fine over the years with about 10k in my pockets and my logs track my at a 118.4% markup average for 2015 thus far.. And a profit of 6800 ped.

Currently going to work this project with a 14k ped float, and I'll update my op with this info.

Subscribed

Good fun to read, no doubt - I wish you the best of luck!

Sub Sub Sub. Good Luck!

Sorry for the delay in posting.. It was my birthday weekend and too much tequila made me lose a couple of mining days.

Run #1

TT in: 3892.00
Markup/Fees in: 88.00
TT out: 3766.85 (96.76%)
Markup out: 114.99%

Profit/Loss: +351.50

Total Profit/Loss: +351.50

Notes:

XIX Lyst my first amp.. sort of set the tone, ended up with nearly 1.4k of lyst. Thankfully it's at 108% and I managed to snag a bunch of ignisium, pyrite, and about 40tt of gold to help keep me in the good range.

Without the lyst hof markup would have been around 119%

attachment.php

Last edited:
Grats, and GL on your log...Subbed!

Sorry for the delay in posting.. It was my birthday weekend and too much tequila made me lose a couple of mining days.

Run #1

Notes:

XIX Lyst my first amp.. sort of set the tone, ended up with nearly 1.4k of lyst. Thankfully it's at 108% and I managed to snag a bunch of ignisium, pyrite, and about 40tt of gold to help keep me in the good range.

attachment.php

Gz on your B-day and HoF :). Out of curiousity, did you change out your DSEC L30 (L) finder for a more eco finder, the eMINE FS (L)? (noticed it in your above pic). Find it handy as I too alternate among different (L) finders atm as well.

Gz on your B-day and HoF :). Out of curiousity, did you change out your DSEC L30 (L) finder for a more eco finder, the eMINE FS (L)? (noticed it in your above pic). Find it handy as I too alternate among different (L) finders atm as well.

Yeah mine broke and there weren't any on RT auction. I may have to find an alternative to them. I still want to be around 3-4 ped per drop at all times though

Good luck Rocket, 10 years and I still haven't had a tower. lol.

Good luck Rocket, 10 years and I still haven't had a tower. lol.

Well I pray that is not going to be my case, but considering my logs, I'm one of the avatars cursed(blessed) with steady TT returns after 2-3k drops. I can't seem to make it beyond 20 amps without hitting a big hof, so I'm hoping to cycle more, faster, in order to make that happen.

I won't subject myself to TT-trash foma/hell/au mining right now though, maybe if markups get better in coming months.

Yeah mine broke and there weren't any on RT auction. I may have to find an alternative to them. I still want to be around 3-4 ped per drop at all times though

Yeah finders can be a pain to find on RT as they don't have their own serious.

I dont understand why people mine indoors with MU so low. Once you found where the good ores are you can at least break even or profit depending on mu. Good luck on your adventure and i see you around ;).

Run #1

Notes:

attachment.php

Did you stick around one zone for this entire run?

Did you stick around one zone for this entire run?

God no... I spent maybe 15 drops there.. Updating my year old maps for readout a spawn changes, if any.

Markup for this next run should be much better since I don't have any more exploring to do. 3 of the amps of this run were spent updating my arkadia maps as well, resulting in lots of TT trash.

In cycling about 1-1.5k per day so the next update should be Thursday.

Just landed this baby....
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33844&d=1446088428

This post will be updated either later tonight, or earlier tomorrow after I finish the last amp.

Once again lootius has cursed me with a hof before I could lose enough to earn myself a tower..
Might try foma/hell if I don't see results in the next month.

(Going to start posting photo links because the image is too blurry, and idk how to do the "click to enlarge" feature because I'm a forum rookie)

Last edited:
Just landed this baby....
attachment.php

This post will be updated either later tonight, or earlier tomorrow after I finish the last amp.

Once again lootius has cursed me with a hof before I could lose enough to earn myself a tower..
Might try foma/hell if I don't see results in the next month.

Grats :)

Stick with Hell imo! Half the tax and you can support an awesome growing planet rather than that dead asteroid.

Grats :)

Stick with Hell imo! Half the tax and you can support an awesome growing planet rather than that dead asteroid.

I do love Rocktropia.. I actually like Ark the most.. but since they redid the resources 3 years ago it's just dull... and their resources used to produce the best guns on the market before MA had to put a stop to that one too.. Now most ark resources are TT trash..

And every revival zone in a server on Ark contains the same resources.. It's boring and becomes more of a grindfest than it already is. Ark is awesome for hunting though.

I'll stick here for a while maybe.

Run #2 Results:

TT in: 3015.00
TT out: 3203.84 (106.26%)
Markup/Fees: 69.00
Markup: 121.97%

Profit/Loss: +823.72

Overall Profit/Loss: +1175.22

It appears I'm defying the laws of TT returns.. And normally my returns resemble the average 70-85% per amp when I do smaller runs and don't try to cycle 3-5 amps every day... Maybe the key is to drop fast and drop often, forever?

The wealthy do get wealthier (I'm not wealthy, but most players would cringe at cycling 5-10k a week mining)

I'm somehow breaking the loot system... My TT returns for the year are now 97%, will update this post in about an hour.

Somehow whenever I hit a decent size hof I have a 80/20 chance of it being low-markup garbage, but I'll still be over 116% for this run.

run #3

TT in: 1820.00
TT out: 2553.59 (140.31%)
Markup/Fees: 51.00
Markup Avg: 116.86%

Profit/Loss:+1113.13

Total Profit/Loss to Date:+2288.35

Notes:

3 hofs on my last 2 amps, one in pvp4

XVI, XVII, XIX

Either I broke the TT return machine or my next run should be around 60-75%

Last edited:
Nice boost that last run, I saw those pop up in chat. ;)

If tower doesn't come by 50 amps burnt, I'll move onto to some hybrid mining (some planetside, some advanced)

I'll probably start losing at that point because markup will be garbage, but we'll see

Maybe a 10k run at AU or something like that.. Might win a UL finder who knows

Last edited:
Run #4

TT in: 3256.00
Markup/Fees: 63.00
TT out: 2751.38 (84.51%)
Avg. Markup: 117.82%

Profit/Loss:-75.32

Overall Profit/Loss:+2213.03

Notes:

My First run in the red... This was a hybrid run.. I spent about half of my drops in Hell and the rest planetside

Pretty garbage returns in Hell, and some nasty low markup stuff, still ended pretty well though

One small 380 ped hof and a 104 ped global

Last edited:
Back