run #5

TT in: 3406.00
Markup/fees: 48
TT out: 2784.64 (81.76%)
Avg. Markup: 117.22%

profit/loss: -189.85

Profit/Loss overall: +2,023.18

Notes:

Nothing.. most boring mining grind of my life. One XV and one XIV. Spent a few amps in hell and got trash for it, so I'll be avoiding that from now on. I'll be heading to ark in a couple of days.... or maybe tonight. Certain markups have improved so I can get a solid 123-127% markup there now.

Last edited:
run #6

TT in: 3007.00
Markup/fees: 74
TT out: 3573.31 (118.83%)
Avg. Markup: 116.47%

Profit/Loss: +1080.83

Total Profit/Loss: +3104.01

Notes:

One big garbage TT trash hof once again... never seems to fail. Hitting lots of high markup stuff, but when the hof comes it's always garbage.

I'll probably keep grinding this area for a bit, haven't decided.

run #7

TT in: 780.00
Markup/Fees: 118.00
TT out: 1818.78 (233.18%)
Avg. Markup: 111.36%

Profit/Loss:+1127.39

Total Profit/Loss: +4231.40

Notes:

Mine the underground with a couple of Terra 6 amps.. Hit lots of TT trash banite, some gazz, and some ignisium...

Taking a warp back to caly to stock up on stuff, maybe hunt a bit. I'll probably mine the underground w/ lvl 5 amps for a while until I either tower, gold rush ends, or the losses get too bad for me to continue.. Expect markup averages to crash though

Run #7

TT in: 3280.00
Markup/Fees: 68.00
TT out: 2007.98 (61.22%)
Avg. Markup: 111.94%

Profit/Loss:-1104.27

Total Profit/Loss:+3127.13

Notes:

And that boys and girls, is why you don't mine advanced.. Garbage markup and terrible returns. Not worth the risk to try and win a UL finder. I can just buy one with profits.

Run #8

TT in: 3328.00
Markup/Fees: 72
TT out: 2524.05 (75.84%)
Avg. Markup: 120.35%

Profit/Loss: -362.31

Total Profit/Loss: +2764.82

Notes:

Nothing special.. a few garbage globals.. really bad hit rate.. 24.39% hit rate after 900 drops.

Hof is around the corner on the next run, but if I lose again maybe I'll be in range for a tower finally.

Seconded, 12 years mining for me and no tower. I live vicariously through others. Good luck! :smoke:

I'll probably start updating every month right now... Updating it every 3/4k cycled is too much work. Goal is to have a tower by january, but I doubt it'll be that easy.

however, if I've made 10k in profits by january I'll be equally as happy.

Time to resurrect this puppy. Law school has taken it's toll on my EU time but now I have a healthy balance!

Updates: Still have not gotten a tower... Ended my last month playing on a pretty severe low streak, time to change that.

Foma/Hell/AU mining has shit markups so I'll still be avoiding that at all costs (unless there's a worthwhile event).

Here's my log for the months of January-May:

TT in: 6793.00
TT out: 5328.16 (78.44%)
MU/Fees:259
Avg. Markup % (per run): 124.13%

Profit/Loss: -464.08

Overall Profit/Loss: +2300.74

Last edited:
I'll be updating the log soon. Cycled about 9k in the last week.

As of yesterday I'm changing my setup to Dsec L30 + D-class Amps. About 6 ped per drop... and I'll need ~116% to profit after markup costs.

I seem to be able to cycle more ped a lot faster and the market has gotten better (I can avg. ~122% markup) so here's to hoping for that tower!

TT in: 9861.06
Markup cost: 326
TT out: 9551.11 (96.86%)

avg. markup/run: 119.62%

Profit/Loss: +1237.65

Overall profit/loss: +3538.39

Hit a massive Alternative. 1070 ped. Currently takes the lead for the largest hof of the log. This was prior to the switch to D-class amps. I'm expecting something big later this week.

Note: I'm starting to wonder if it's nearly impossible to hit larger hofs off of higher markup resources. The frequency of 5k+ hofs that are complete trash resources is immensely greater than those 5k+ hofs of 115%+ markup resources.
Either way I still refuse to visit foma.

Last edited:
TT in: 9861.06
Markup cost: 326
TT out: 9551.11 (96.86%)

avg. markup/run: 119.62%

Profit/Loss: +1237.65

Overall profit/loss: +3538.39

Hit a massive Alternative. 1070 ped. Currently takes the lead for the largest hof of the log. This was prior to the switch to D-class amps. I'm expecting something big later this week.

Note: I'm starting to wonder if it's nearly impossible to hit larger hofs off of higher markup resources. The frequency of 5k+ hofs that are complete trash resources is immensely greater than those 5k+ hofs of 115%+ markup resources.
Either way I still refuse to visit foma.

To your note, yes it is near impossible. It is called resource caps.

To your note, yes it is near impossible. It is called resource caps.

I'm just going to hope for that ignisium tower. I think pig hit one back during goldrush ~7k. But that was ark, and advanced mining.

I'll be updating the log soon. Cycled about 9k in the last week.

As of yesterday I'm changing my setup to Dsec L30 + D-class Amps. About 6 ped per drop... and I'll need ~116% to profit after markup costs.

I seem to be able to cycle more ped a lot faster and the market has gotten better (I can avg. ~122% markup) so here's to hoping for that tower!

WB Rocket. I have a very similiar setup as yours, but I mostly use (L) lvl 5 amps unless I'm feeling lucky and use D-class and/or above, hehe. BTW, gratz on the nice Alt hit and keep it up; gl out there.

WB Rocket. I have a very similiar setup as yours, but I mostly use (L) lvl 5 amps unless I'm feeling lucky and use D-class and/or above, hehe. BTW, gratz on the nice Alt hit and keep it up; gl out there.

Thanks!

Ive gone with the lvl5s for ages, but I can cycle ped nearly 60% faster with the d-class amps at a price of only 3% extra markup per run. I think it evens out to be an extra 13 ped/hour profit assuming 90% TT and 120% avg. markup.

Right now I'm just focusing on cycling as fast as humanly possible planet side. Imp extractor would help but that's almost my whole bankroll ?

TT in: 8204.76
Markup in: 387

TT out: 6344.28 (77.32%)

avg. markup: 124.53%

Profit/Loss: -691.40

Overall Profit/Loss: +2846.99

Well that's over 30 d-class amps without a hof over 300ped. hit one 270 pedder and a couple of globals. markup was good, hit rate was good, just dogshit without hofs.

TT in: 8204.76
Markup in: 387

TT out: 6344.28 (77.32%)

avg. markup: 124.53%

Profit/Loss: -691.40

Overall Profit/Loss: +2846.99

Well that's over 30 d-class amps without a hof over 300ped. hit one 270 pedder and a couple of globals. markup was good, hit rate was good, just dogshit without hofs.

This is a good thing! 5 or 6 more runs like this and you might in range for that tower :cool:

This is a good thing! 5 or 6 more runs like this and you might in range for that tower :cool:

That's a good point lol.. have to lose big to win big! I'm also normalizing closer to 90% TT return, but in my experience the average is closer to 95% TT return if your smart and you grind areas for weeks at a time rather than hop around

95% TT return

Yup this is the actual figure IMO, all my recent cycles support this. Since mining is an even playing field in terms of eco it makes sense that high turnover will give you 95% in the long run.

Though I am still trying to figure out if finder decay is returned in loot. No one has come forth with enough data to prove this with a degree of certainty that I'm comfortable with. Just been too lazy to do the research :(

The test that Neil mentioned in this thread would be the best way to figure it out somewhat conclusively, IMO.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264477-how-does-decay-work-mining/page3

Yup this is the actual figure IMO, all my recent cycles support this. Since mining is an even playing field in terms of eco it makes sense that high turnover will give you 95% in the long run.

Though I am still trying to figure out if finder decay is returned in loot. No one has come forth with enough data to prove this with a degree of certainty that I'm comfortable with. Just been too lazy to do the research :(

The test that Neil mentioned in this thread would be the best way to figure it out somewhat conclusively, IMO.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264477-how-does-decay-work-mining/page3

My data suggests finder decay is compensated in loot, but excavator decay isn't... so mod excavator and other uneco extractors probably drops TT down to 90-93%

Imp. probably bumps it up to ~96%

Yet again I've managed to hit another ~1k hof.... This seems to be the pattern for me every 8-10k cycled. I even went to Hell w/ the L30 and D-class amps. Still have about 1k of ped to burn there, but at least it will be profits (markup will be shit though ~110%).

I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible to hof beyond what the server "owes" you (deficit of ~90% TT return). Some avatars have horrendous bad streaks and then hit major hofs.. some hit major hofs and then can't do anything right.

The more I play the more I believe in the supposed "sine-wave theory" of loot. That is place, resource/mob, and time... but with the added factor that each avatar has a specified level of volatility at creation:

1) avatar 1: normalized volatility.. cycles 8-10k, hits 1k hofs, ~90-95%TT return (never hits mega hofs)

2) avatar 2: extreme volatility: cycles 8-10k, ~75-85% Tt return with no recovery hof, does this for months, gets mad, clicks Explo IV and hits 5-figure hof (or shoots big mob/mines with big amps... it's all the same).

This theory would explain why I have gotten such normalized returns over the years. I certainly don't do anything special. I don't hop servers though. I pick a spot and grind it for 40-50k typically. Grinding might be a factor in stable TT returns.

Either way towering just seems impossible for me. I hof too often and too soon. Unless the system front loads me a tower and takes it away months later it just won't be possible. :scratch2:

I'll keep grinding hell now until it happens.. or until I get bored or lose all of my cash.

I'll update run #s later tonight.

Grind indoors long enough with a level 7 or D class you will hit a tower. It's inevitable. Though could take a while. Think there is a shop on FOMA that sells 7s @ 104%.

I've had periods of steady globals/hofs but also gone 1-2k amped drops with 60-70% return. Same with people I know. Don't think it's avatar based at all. Sometimes the system kicks out steady paybacks and sometimes it doesn't. Probably a lot of factors involved.

If I had been doing 6 ped a drop in my last big cycle I would have been in tower range. This was all outdoors. Indoors should make it even easier. When you're getting a terrible hit rate/TT return, my advice is keep dropping. If you wait it out a day or two you might just hit a 1k or 2k HOF and have to start all over again.

You could be looking at anything from a 5k-10k deficit if aiming to tower so you need to be able to bankroll it.

Completely gratuitous or "early" towers are absurdly rare. Unless you just started playing and MA wants to get a fresh avatar hooked :dunce:

And as for finder decay, I don't really know how we could confirm this through our logs unless going unamped, since amping (even with a high decay finder) makes finder decay such an insignificant part of drop cost.

Grind indoors long enough with a level 7 or D class you will hit a tower. It's inevitable. Though could take a while. Think there is a shop on FOMA that sells 7s @ 104%.

I've had periods of steady globals/hofs but also gone 1-2k amped drops with 60-70% return. Same with people I know. Don't think it's avatar based at all. Sometimes the system kicks out steady paybacks and sometimes it doesn't. Probably a lot of factors involved.

If I had been doing 6 ped a drop in my last big cycle I would have been in tower range. This was all outdoors. Indoors should make it even easier. When you're getting a terrible hit rate/TT return, my advice is keep dropping. If you wait it out a day or two you might just hit a 1k or 2k HOF and have to start all over again.

You could be looking at anything from a 5k-10k deficit if aiming to tower so you need to be able to bankroll it.

Completely gratuitous or "early" towers are absurdly rare. Unless you just started playing and MA wants to get a fresh avatar hooked :dunce:

And as for finder decay, I don't really know how we could confirm this through our logs unless going unamped, since amping (even with a high decay finder) makes finder decay such an insignificant part of drop cost.

Calculating finder decay would take something like 10k unamped drops and documenting the ped size of each and every claim.. against another avatar doing the same thing.. Assuming both hit the exact same ~90% tt return after 10k drops.

To each his own, but an MD-50 w/ imp excavator, if finder decay and extractor decay are not included in 90% then you could theoretically reach ~100% tt returns, which I don't think is possible.

I might have MA delete this avatar and I'll start all over to get my tower if I go another year w/o one.

TT in: 2299.10
Markup cost: 107

TT out: 3257.00 (141.66%)
Avg. Markup: 108.97%

Profit/Loss: +1142.97

Overall Profit/Loss: +3989.96

Notes: Hell - L30 + D-class Amps

This obviously wouldn't be sustainable. But I was up late and burned through all of the amps overnight. I was hoping to compound my losses to boost my chances for a tower but that didn't happen.
Hit a TT trash XX Blaus which I sold for 101% mu.

Without TT trash hofs I could average closer to 115% and probably camp hell w/ lvl 5 amps.

My whole pedcard is tied up in auctions right now so runs will be put on hold until crafters buy my shit.

OMFG I did it.

on my laptop... with 17% battery life left, while taking a shit on the toilet after a long round of golf... but I did it.

17a3fd1f8f1fe68.jpg

Last edited:
TT in: 4100.5
Markup cost: 83

TT out: 8811.89
Avg. Markup: 105.98%

Profit/Loss: +5178.44

Overall Profit/Loss: +9168.40

Finally towered so this log is concluded!

Proud to see that towers and large hofs are possible even when you aren't losing heavily TT-wise. I thought I'd never lose enough to get a tower, but it feels good to cycle almost 60k @ ~100% TT return.

I may start a 5-digit hof log.. indoors only. stay tuned.

Back