Help: Armor for Halloween Mayhem

Velum

Old
Society
Kaos
Posting from phone so this may seem very crudely written.

I'm not much of a hunter but would like to take part in the event. I can't figure out the damage output of the mobs. That being said, my questions simple. I own a set of perseus armor. Is there any combination of plates to be set up properly for these mobs?

I'd like to be comfortable in level 3/4

Thanks.

OK so I am finding having bot protection to be helpful against the Mutants and Dogs.

However, the big Pumpkin seems to go the other way.

These are not perfect but as close as you'll get without precise tests:

Pumpkin (and vamp i think): Impact(50%), Cut(50%)

Mutant: Impact(30%), Penetration(30%), Cut(20%), Elec(20%)

Dog: Penetration(50%), Cut(25%), Stab(25%)

These are not perfect but as close as you'll get without precise tests:

Pumpkin (and vamp i think): Impact(50%), Cut(50%)

Mutant: Impact(30%), Penetration(30%), Cut(20%), Elec(20%)

Dog: Penetration(50%), Cut(25%), Stab(25%)

That explains my experience and why Nemesis sucked against the pumpkin lol.

The dam types for mutants was worked out the other year but the distribution was a bit of a guess at 25% each. I refined it a bit yesterday and it's closer to the 30/30/20/20 I posted.

The dog at 50/50 imp/stab is just plain wrong. Not sure where this came from, maybe me on a bad day before coffee lol or maybe someone else. But it's definitely pen/cut/stab with distribution close to 50/25/25. If you think it has impact dam then get a set of polaris unplated and watch as you take 1point hits all day long in cat1,2,3

If you go up against provs in cat2 with jar+5b you should be taking up to 14 dam (actually, you'll probably take the same without the 5b's), with jar+6a it will be about 3 dam max. Maybe a point or 2 either way as I'm not 100% certain on the distribution but it's pretty close.

ghost+5b works better than ghost+6a.

I tested it last year in level 3 after some ppl told me to ue 6a instead of 5b, so i tested it eventhought entropedia also said 5b was better to use.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?toolid=2 look it up here :)

I tested it last year in level 3 after some ppl told me to ue 6a instead of 5b, so i tested it eventhought entropedia also said 5b was better to use.

5b protects against cut/stab so depending on the size of hit you're getting it can work better, that's why I suggested testing jarhead in cat 2. In cat 2 the jardhead (and ghost) covers pretty much all the cut/stab unplated, so the only dam u take is via penetration. Therefore if you add 6a it protects better.

btw: that tool is pretty much useless since MA altered the way plates work

Entropedia calculation is wrong because it calculates overprotecting in one damage type as protection in other type.
Which is better 5b or 6a depends where our armor lacks protection, for example:

LV 2 instance Zombie mutant Raider lv16:
lv16.png

6a is better as 5b just overprotect in cut and impact and bonus from plate is lost.

LV 3 instance Zombie mutant Raider lv25:
lv25.png

5b is better as base resists of ghost armor are not enough anymore. Plus 5b works on Big Pumkin while 6a is useless.

I own a set of perseus armor. Is there any combination of plates to be set up properly for these mobs?

I'd like to be comfortable in level 3/4

Thanks.
Perseus is cut: 40, impact: 50, penetration: 18, electric: 13.
It have enough cut and impact for instance lv 3/4 zombie mutant. (you will need plates with penetration/electric to lower DM) (zombie mutant max DM on perseus is lv3: 19, lv4: 41, 6a plates will lower DM by 11 points)

As for big pumpkin and unplated perseus (assuming pumpkin is cut/impact):
Instance lv3: max 24 DM
Instance lv4: there is no data about pumpkin DM on entropedia, assuming its around 160 means max 70 DM
For pumpkin you need cut/impact plates so 5b is good choice with 21 more armor in those DM types)

Last edited:
Nemesis and 6b plates are working well for me in cat 2, but i imagine any decent cut/stab/imp/Pen with 6bs will work, due to the 5 imp from 6bs i think vigilante could be a nice option too

Last edited:
Zombie mutant berserker hit me low 20 ish in adjusted nem 5b

Except for the stab & electric attacks, Rx OpTac X2 would be a good general armor for this. :)

For the dogs, the damage types/percentages are probably closer to:
Penetration = 55%
Stab = 25%
Cut = 20%

Edit - also I have a hunch that the percentages change with the maturity

Your distribution is possible, I might look into it more but tbh I'm happy using polaris and don't have a desire to test further :)

As for % changing with maturity, it's possible. Longtooth dom+ do different dam than the smaller ones. It could also just be rounding, MA doesn't set a percentage they set a dam in whole numbers for each attack. If u test the smallest mutants you'll see they do 4 elec and 8 pen but 20/30 would be 4.8/7.2. Wiki takes dam in percentages to cover all maturities so it's a bit of a trade off on ease vs accuracy (especially on the smaller mobs).

Back