Question: Loot capping

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Is it possible for Mindark to cap the maximum amount of peds that can be earned in a set amount of time ?

Background -

The mining sheet is complete and it works, however to my apparent disgust the amount of resources that I can earn is limited to 0.05ped per minute offline and 0.10ped while online. (The min value was determined by looking at the min deposit size. Max was determined by dumping my earned resources after the resource cap. I contained to mine until I hit the cap again. Value of my loot / my time online = .1ped per minute)

My character is currently offline regenerating peds and will enter the game world once sufficient time has passed in order to obtain a definite answer.

If this is a bug or glitch, it needs to be addressed...

Is it possible for Mindark to cap the maximum amount of peds that can be earned in a set amount of time ?

Background -

The mining sheet is complete and it works, however to my apparent disgust the amount of resources that I can earn is limited to 0.05ped per minute offline and 0.10ped while online. (The min value was determined by looking at the min deposit size. Max was determined by dumping my earned resources after the resource cap. I contained to mine until I hit the cap again. Value of my loot / my time online = .1ped per minute)

My character is currently offline regenerating peds and will enter the game world once sufficient time has passed in order to obtain a definite answer.

If this is a bug or glitch, it needs to be addressed...

It's like trying to read another language :)

Rgds

Ace

What I am asking is if you can literary be blocked from making peds...

No you cant.. dont know why people keep over thinking it. I don't see how being offline is relevant either.. you can't do or regenerate anything offline.

Yes there is a cap. Cap called turnover. Low turnover - low cap. Big turnover - big cap.

I apologize for the above post. I let my emotions get the better of me.

Thank you for understanding.

How are you gaining peds offline exactly? Are you talking about deed roi? That's not really gaining peds unless you've held the deed long enough for 100% of the paid amount for the deed to be covered already... If that's not what you are talking about, what are you talking about?

I totally understand why Rattex may think it is like it.

Often when you make +1 week break you get "welcome back" good loot ;).

I think it is driven by different mechanics though. Something more like:
each damage you do is somehow "stored" (yes! personal loot pool) and then at certain point "released" on next multiplyer mob you find (or few mobs if it was big enough).

Of course this is just intuition and probably has nothing to do with real mechanism and i am fully aware of that.

Treat my post as funny loot theory ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

I have no proof and its just a silly thought of me, but being offline or inactive does even out big up or downswings to a uncertain degree, like getting a hof early after a very bad hunting streak over hours on high turnover and 1 week offline after this.

It happen so often i do not believe in coincidence anymore. Just like some people expirience a pretty average loot after a out of ordinary big loot. But in the end you do not regenerate any peds you only get your loot curve back in a neutral position and still lose tt value from total turnover before MU at the end of the day.

Being offline wont save you from getting a bad streak after you had a very good hunt it will just start average and turn sour :D

Back