FYI: I wanna do bad things with you

entropian12

Provider
Hi there,

I buy ores at MU-2.5%, and lately I've been encountering dudes closing the trade window when they see my offer. (I do offer -2.5% whatever the MU is as long as the math MU -2.5% doesn't result in a <100% TT price :wise:), and nowadays, they are not only closing the window, but arguing about my scam.

WTF dude, I am not the one screwing the economy, avoiding crafters to use your hard-effort-mined ores because they wanna gamble with a LVL IV shitplosives blueprint.

So for God's sake, I try to offer you quick money, no auction fees, a REALLY GOOD deal and with the best manners I've been teached, do not make me feel a scumbag.

And no, I DON'T WANNA DO bad things with you, I just try to have fun trading as fair as I can do without losing loads of money.

What do you guys think? :dunce:

As long as you are paying close to the normal going rate and aren't claiming to pay auction prices, I think that you are providing a useful service and they should shut the hell up.

I think what you're doing is just fine. In fact, I'll contact you in-game, I have some stuff I'd like to get rid of for TT + MU - 2.5%. :) It is indeed a beneficial service. If I put something in auction for a 5% markup, for example, and pay 0.54 PED listing fee, and it doesn't sell...I would've LOST money compared to a guaranteed sale of 2.5% markup...not to mention the wasted time waiting for the auction to expire, only to learn I didn't sell the item and may have to re-list it...again losing 0.54 PED in the process.

Use some of that info in your arguments with the idiots who are debating you.

what if i want you to do bad things to me...

I wonder.

Someone offered me 201.73 ped for 200 TT mixed ore and matter. I dont really see the point to running around grabbing the stuff in the first place and then feeding some pro trader instead of dropping the lot to TT.
I just felt as if someone had been exceedingly rude to me. Hi, is it ok if I rip you off?
That said, I don't really see the point in arguing with them either, one name ignored is not very cumbersome.

This stuff was easier back when I knew some crafters and were able to hand out low MU mats to them for TT value. Feeding some twerk who only plays the market instead of the game is not on the list of fav activities.

I'm sure the reasoning was sound. Somewhere. Just take care how you come across - don't be that guy.

Yeah ~2.5% is a good deal... I'll be in contact with you lol, have lots of misc stuff in storage

Dicks are dicks.

I've paid thousands below current markup for stuff but I don't feel bad about it. As long as you are upfront, don't lie about prices and play a honest game you shouldn't worry.

It's once you go Infinity or Lilliane that you should start worrying about your reputation.

Paying -2.5% is a good deal for the seller.

I wonder.

Someone offered me 201.73 ped for 200 TT mixed ore and matter. I dont really see the point to running around grabbing the stuff in the first place and then feeding some pro trader instead of dropping the lot to TT.
Here's a simple example that helps show the point. Bearing in mind that the difference between profit & loss could be but a few PEDs.

If you did some mining or hunting and brought back 100 PEDs' worth of stackables, with 110% markup, you could stand to make 110 PEDs.

Option 1: You try to sell it at auction for 110% markup, the going rate. It costs minimum 0.54 PED listing fee, and you must wait some time. If it doesn't sell, you get back 109.46 PEDs, and you must re-list and waste more time...and possibly not sell again. We've ALL done this. If the auction item sells, you've made 109.46 PED.

Option 2: You sell it to a merchant like the O.P. for markup -2.5%; you get back instantly 107.5 PED. Sure, it's not 110 PED, but you got that 107.5 PED up-front, no wasted time.

Option 3: You dump it back into the TT. Instead of getting back 107.5 PED, you get back 100 PED. You save time too but you lose 7.5 PED. :scratch2:

-2.5 is fine as i see you look at certain auction orders 119% on Alt the weekly mu is 122.85% so you will buy at 120.35%. Copper 104% on auction 111% weekly mu you buy 108.5% alot better then auction orders. Selling to trader saves time and and auction prices.

Yup! I think -2.5 is entirely reasonable for small amounts or decent MU stuff. Compared with anything Twin Peaks it's even great! Just described an encounter with a gamer who looked to grab stuff from me for TT value (well TT+ 0.5%). It is perhaps a way to say Remember to explain the reasoning when asking to buy low :)
I hope the OP sets a trend with this so I can find some crafter on forums with a fixed price rule for all the random mob loot that accretes too.

My only complaint is that you've never online when I am.

I usually click my low markup stuff into manufacturing skills, and then anything 105% or higher I try to find a buyer. If nothing, I check Auction orders, or I hang onto it. It's piling up now, and I never seem to find buyers around anymore. 7 or 8 years ago I used Lebanner, but I'm not sure if he's still around either.

I seriously doubt you are paying -2.5% of MU across the board.

Tell me, if gold MU is at 200%, are you seriously going to buy at 197.5%?

Yep. Yep. Yep.

(Minimum message is 10 characters. I could have answered you with a bald "Yep".)

My only complaint is that you've never online when I am.

I usually click my low markup stuff into manufacturing skills, and then anything 105% or higher I try to find a buyer. If nothing, I check Auction orders, or I hang onto it. It's piling up now, and I never seem to find buyers around anymore. 7 or 8 years ago I used Lebanner, but I'm not sure if he's still around either.

He is, I've been out of game for a long time and was glad to see an old face at Twin last night (he still wearing the same clothes too!)
I was wondering if Sarah still trades...?

He is, I've been out of game for a long time and was glad to see an old face at Twin last night (he still wearing the same clothes too!)
I was wondering if Sarah still trades...?

Yes, i do !

Welcome back !;)

Yep. Yep. Yep.

(Minimum message is 10 characters. I could have answered you with a bald "Yep".)

In the spirit of fairness, and because I initially supported this player's topic, I have to say it's false advertising. I had 6 different ores I offered him for MU - 2.5% and he only wanted Megan. I had another 6 I was going to offer if he bought the first at his advertised prices on here, but the truth is he's only cherry-picking the few ores that he's guaranteed a quick flip on.

Keep this in mind if you choose to trade with him (Yoyitas Contreras). If it's an easy flip for him, it's probably just as easy for you to sell it yourself or auction it.

In the spirit of fairness, and because I initially supported this player's topic, I have to say it's false advertising. I had 6 different ores I offered him for MU - 2.5% and he only wanted Megan. I had another 6 I was going to offer if he bought the first at his advertised prices on here, but the truth is he's only cherry-picking the few ores that he's guaranteed a quick flip on.

Keep this in mind if you choose to trade with him (Yoyitas Contreras). If it's an easy flip for him, it's probably just as easy for you to sell it yourself or auction it.

Hi there!

Firstly, just LOL.

Secondly, just LOL.

Thirdly, just LOL.

LOL, just f*cking LOL.

When on the hell did I say that I was trading every ore within the Universe?

I only trade a significant number of the most traded ores. Why? It's not because "inminent gratification" as this lady says, but because I have already encountered myself with an amount of peds on a ore larger than the total peds traded on that ore in a F*CKING DECADE, resulting in a big loss for me :wise:

On the other hand, I did not advertise here the ores that I'm buying, but in the trade channel. (Did not want to make this thread an ad :wise:)

To sum up my essay on people's (and specifically this lady's) stupidity all around this magnificent Universe, I can tell you that not a single trader offers better prices than me ON the ores that I trade.:wise:

And, ofc, you are always free to put your goods on auction. Here it is you the one telling the other what to do, not me.:wise:

Never mess with those more intelligent than you. :wise:

Sincerely yours.

I saw this sales pitch in Twin over the weekend. At first it looked like he was offering an MU of 2.5%. Having read this thread I realized he was offering to buy 2.5% lower than MU.

Maybe rephrasing the pitch might reduce some confusion.

I saw this sales pitch in Twin over the weekend. At first it looked like he was offering an MU of 2.5%. Having read this thread I realized he was offering to buy 2.5% lower than MU.

Maybe rephrasing the pitch might reduce some confusion.

And perhaps stating ONLY the ores he's interested in buying, at this price point. As we can plainly see from his text I quoted in my previous comment, he concurred with a previous doubtful post that he would buy ores "across the board" at this price. It's all written there in black & white.

Yoyo, you seem to think you're so bright...I find that an intelligent person wouldn't have LIED to the previous doubter just to WASTE PLAYERS' TIME to add you to friends list, only to find that things aren't what they seemed?

Just be up-front and honest, and say you only accept "this that and the other ore" for this price. The low-hanging fruit, as it were.

And perhaps stating ONLY the ores he's interested in buying, at this price point. As we can plainly see from his text I quoted in my previous comment, he concurred with a previous doubtful post that he would buy ores "across the board" at this price. It's all written there in black & white.

Yoyo, you seem to think you're so bright...I find that an intelligent person wouldn't have LIED to the previous doubter just to WASTE PLAYERS' TIME to add you to friends list, only to find that things aren't what they seemed?

Just be up-front and honest, and say you only accept "this that and the other ore" for this price. The low-hanging fruit, as it were.

If I say "I like ice creams" and you understand "I like every kind of ice cream on the Milky Way" is your fault, not mine.

Sorry for wasting your precious time, and thanks for the publicity.

Best regards:ahh:

Just say it HONESTLY, live up to your words, and you won't have a problem. :) You lied in this topic to another commenter and myself, and you were outed. Now you have your publicity and everyone reading this can make an informed decision when dealing with you.

Best regards. :)

Just say it HONESTLY, live up to your words, and you won't have a problem. :) You lied in this topic to another commenter and myself, and you were outed. Now you have your publicity and everyone reading this can make an informed decision when dealing with you.

Best regards. :)

I was not intending to sell anyhting through this post, just explaining a case.

I always notify what ores I do buy on the trade channel.

Please, find a life.

Back