How to hide or disable HUD - chat window, radar etc?

Steveyneo

Guardian
Society
Groene Draeck
Steveyneo Weltmeister Honsook
Hi folks,

A silly question maybe but I can't manage to figure out how to hide / disable / remove items from the HUD in order to have a completely empty screen for the purposes of taking nice screenies and videos? I'm sure this was possible in the past and I've seen 'clean' HUDs from other players recently.

I cannot see an option in the main options window nor in the actions library. I've tried looking this up but only came across this old thread from years ago: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?121607-How-do-you-hide-the-HUD

Any guidance would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi folks,

A silly question maybe but I can't manage to figure out how to hide / disable / remove items from the HUD in order to have a completely empty screen for the purposes of taking nice screenies and videos? I'm sure this was possible in the past and I've seen 'clean' HUDs from other players recently.

I cannot see an option in the main options window nor in the actions library. I've tried looking this up but only came across this old thread from years ago: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?121607-How-do-you-hide-the-HUD

Any guidance would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Thread is old, but I think my advice is still valid in post #6.

Toggle off Desktop Icons, Dashboard and you can cycle through the Target symbols, one of those is blank for taking first person pictures.

(Remember what keys you mapped them too for when you want it all back after the screenshot ;) )

Edit: nvm, this problem is already fixed.

Only one thing has changed since then, nowadays u always have those 2 brown buttons on the screen (handles for the system messages and friends list). The programmer who designed those simply forgot to make them hideable like all other HUD elements...

Actually, about time to fix this flop MA. :yup:

Last edited:
Only one thing has changed since then, nowadays u always have those 2 brown buttons on the screen (handles for the system messages and friends list).

They are on same layer as chat and radar, so Dashboard action do hide them.

The only thing that really can't be hidden is the Tracked Missions, so you have to untrack everything to make clean screenshots.

They are on same layer as chat and radar, so Dashboard action do hide them.

The only thing that really can't be hidden is the Tracked Missions, so you have to untrack everything to make clean screenshots.
Oh, your right, now it works indeed!
I can swear a few VU's after the new social interface those buttons still weren't on the same layer... but it doesn't matter now.
Give credit where credit is due: Good job MA fixing this bug!

I can swear a few VU's after the new social interface those buttons still weren't on the same layer... but it doesn't matter now.
Give credit where credit is due: Good job MA fixing this bug!

Yep, judging by the old screenshots, it was fixed by mid-May '14, so it took them only 2 months to make things right :yup:

Thank you thank you thank you!

Desktop and Dashboard were the two actions I needed.

SORTED! :)

Back