Question: Correlation between mining and crafting systems - Crafting "drives" mining.

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Morning all

What in interesting night. I am out mining with my new sheet, which hits like crazy if there are resources that actually exist. What I noticed was a definite drop in both the size and quantity as I was mining, this however did increase for a few minutes after each crafting global as if the resources that were used to create the item was injected into the mining pool.

Has anyone else seen this ?

Not every try gives a global, how about all of those that use the materiel you mining and not gives a global ?

True yes there is a constant stream of resources from crafting heading to mining, but it does not increase the size / density of the claims just maintains it.

I SOOOO want to give out the actual math regarding how this works..... but restraint ..... Lets just say that the deposit size of the global is very closely related to the amount and size of the mining claims.

Not every try gives a global, how about all of those that use the materiel you mining and not gives a global ?

Crafting has nothing to do with ore/enmat availibity in mining fields. Same misbelief used to go around with pyri which was also false, they can put a cap on whatever they want to, but they wont tie to crafting, they tie to 'waves'

I can definitely see a spike in the mining fields right after a crafting global, it also gets smaller and smaller, as the worker mining ants find and demolish it.

My mining sheet now uses the value of the global to predict where the mining field is. I then use the sizes of the claims found to determine how long it lasts and when to move to the next field, which is a copy of the original one.

Crafting has nothing to do with ore/enmat availibity in mining fields. Same misbelief used to go around with pyri which was also false, they can put a cap on whatever they want to, but they wont tie to crafting, they tie to 'waves'

There is no corellation. We use a different theory, which is much simpler and easier. And this theory helps to profit.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?229766-Wave-Based-loot-theory

It's a combination of 3 things:

1: Time defined wave based loot multiplier is most definitely real. Also is time based "personal loot pool", where your "bet" placed into the slot machine (Hunting, Crafting, mining) gives you a temporary bonus increase in your multiplier if it is hit.

2: Static number of resources and limited "pools" of loot, for example Ore in mining. If there's 100K TT worth of durulium in the ground, and a miner digs out 10K, it will not respawn again until the 10K of durulium is spent in crafting. Same goes for looted (L) items and/or lost/TT'ed UL items.

3: MA Balancing team can, will and do adjust the "pool" levels constantly to balance the economy. If some crafted item with superior properties gets widely spread, they will lower the "pool" available for a resource needed. Or, if they see too many people chipping out and selling skills, they will simply lower the drop rate of ESI to balance the game.

In my opinion and from my personal experience, R4tt3xx suggestion is highly plausible.

Last edited:
Awesome, this links up quite nicely to point number 2

Point 1, We need to chat more, there is something that I need to show you, I want to see if you can replicate it.

It's a combination of 3 things:

1: Time defined wave based loot multiplier is most definitely real. Also is time based "personal loot pool", where your "bet" placed into the slot machine (Hunting, Crafting, mining) gives you a temporary bonus increase in your multiplier if it is hit.

2: Static number of resources and limited "pools" of loot, for example Ore in mining. If there's 100K TT worth of durulium in the ground, and a miner digs out 10K, it will not respawn again until the 10K of durulium is spent in crafting. Same goes for looted (L) items and/or lost/TT'ed UL items.

3: MA Balancing team can, will and do adjust the "pool" levels constantly to balance the economy. If some crafted item with superior properties gets widely spread, they will lower the "pool" available for a resource needed. Or, if they see too many people chipping out and selling skills, they will simply lower the drop rate of ESI to balance the game.

Awesome, this links up quite nicely to point number 2

Point 1, We need to chat more, there is something that I need to show you, I want to see if you can replicate it.

Add me in-game and we can have a chat on teamspeak tonight when I get home, and do some collaborative research. Xaero e-lite Cynque

Im getting to the point that I want to accelerate what I am doing regarding mining research, I will post what I have in mind on the forums.... A little game called "called whack a claim"

I will go the the TT and see if there are more nanobots available.

Back