Camera - The Flying Eye

Introduce "Camera Control Capsule"

• Yes, great for video and pictures!

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No, i don´t like it for whatever reason (maybe i post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
Hi,
i used to take a lot of pictures and Videos in EU. Today i realized that the "Lay Down" Action has been removed. I used it a lot. Yes, that happened a long time ago...

With the "new" Mob-Control Capsules" it should be easy to implement a "Flying Eye" Vehicle. A "Drone" which can be used to fly around in 3D and take pictures / Videos from every possible direction.

The picture or video function does not even has to be implemented. It is no problem to use FRAPS (for example) for this.

I would be really great if it would be possible to film / stream all kind of Mobs or Events from any possible angle and direction.

Please MA, introduce the "Camera Control Capsule" - even looted would be great!

Great idea and very easy to implement in most engines, not much different than swapping third person/first person cameras, just attach vehicle controls to the new camera when positioning, perhaps even have some optional automatic orbit parameters for speed, distance, ect.

Many shooter games have this already as well in form of drone cameras/gun drones and such.

This would be pretty sweet to see in videos all over and would help exposure of Entropia as well I would think.

The only down side I can foresee is PVP, but if it labeled a vehicle, its not allowed anyhow.

Great idea, I would use it. +rep

Sub-suggestion:
Please make the camera craft-able, with both hunting and mining parts, so everyone can potentially benefit from a markup need.

Alot of items lately seem to be rewards rather than player driven creations that necessitate markups from other players. I would rather pay miner jane/joe a markup in all honesty to help him enjoy the game than see items just handed out not requiring markups to be acquired.

In the end you end up with miners and hunters complaining about losses and when only a few get all the juiciest markups in one item drop, it does nothing for the rest of the players or the "player-based economy", only 2, the looter and the buyer.

Yes, i can see that for PVP4 it could be a problem. But as you said, NP if the "Fyling Cam" would be a "vehicle".

But then you could not film there.. it could be possible to make it "Lootable". So if you shoot down a "Flying Cam" you get like 5-20PED or whatever.. :)

Back