Hunter Becomes The Hunted

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We have received a report from a brave Calypsian concerning the recent incursions.!
"I’m a hunter. I spend a lot of time alone. Out there in the fields and marshes. It’s home. I used to sneer at the ‘city types’. Traders and auctioneers. Those who need four walls and a warm bed at night. Weak, I used to call them. Soft. !
But now it’s different. Now I’ve seen things.!
Things that make me think twice about venturing out alone.
Let me explain.!
I was out stalking a Berycled east of Atlas Haven. I followed her all morning till she finally stopped to feed in a mountain valley. Settled myself behind a rock and took aim. There she was. I finally had her in my sights!!
I started to squeeze the trigger.
And then I heard it. That insectile sound. Then a rumbling like thunder.
I’d never heard it before, but I knew the rumours. I knew what it was.
I dropped the rifle and started running towards my Valkyrie - it was only 100 metres away! I thought I would make it.!
But at that moment it rounded the base of the mountain.
As a young lad I was excellent at biology, and at that horrifying moment my mind (for some inexplicable reason) could not help but examine this monster in biological terms. It hissed and bobbed its long, segmented neck like a leach searching for blood. But unlike a leech, it wasn’t blind. It could see me, I could tell. It’s largest eye held me in its gaze, pulsing with rotten yellow light. Surrounding this central eye were four smaller ‘eyes’, each probing the air independently on stalks. !Altogether the head resembled a scolex: the head of a tapeworm surrounded by suckers and teeth to hook onto the host’s intestine.!
And then I thought: ‘this thing is going to eat my guts’.
It came closer. It was barely 10 metres away from me now. It had no expression, but from its stance I could tell it enjoyed my fear. It was toying with me.!
Then there was a deep booming sound that came from somewhere behind the mountain.!
It stopped suddenly. It angled its head to one side, as if it was puzzled. And then I understood. It was giving me up.!
With one last glare it turned around and stomped back behind the mountain.!
And then I saw something I will never forget.!
There were suddenly swarms of them. Trooping past me barely 50 metres away. They didn’t seem to care about my presence.!
They seemed intent on marching. !
All towards the East.
!
I will be in either Atlas Haven, Fort Troy or Camp Echidna this weekend to keep watch. Any other hunter who thinks as I do should do the same.
For the sake of all Calypsians."

Originally Posted Here

Looks like HM is not enough, 2 events at once again

Hey dude, I killed the bunch of snables that frightened you. Found your opalo and berycled, you can have them back :smoke:

Letomie! At least that's what fits the description, unless the guy just took too many of the wrong pills. Currently on Ark, else I'd take a peek. If this is true they broke out of their so far limited confines, good luck fellas and pimp up your ped card. Killed but one of these things in my life, it has the most insane regen rate I've ever seen.

Bummer, just more robots. There I thought they came up with something interesting at last. Not traveling back until I have to for trades. Cheers and gl.

Serious? What Gen?

No idea, for now there are only drones and attackers around Atlas Haven. But the description fits perfectly:

segmented neck like a leach searching for blood. But unlike a leech, it wasn’t blind. It could see me, I could tell. It’s largest eye held me in its gaze, pulsing with rotten yellow light. Surrounding this central eye were four smaller ‘eyes’, each probing the air independently on stalks.

warlock_231807.jpg

Chary and Hydra?

charybdis and hydra please!~ :yay:

Chary and Hydra?

charybdis and hydra please!~ :yay:

Certainly sounds like it.

It came closer. It was barely 10 metres away from me now. It had no expression, but from its stance I could tell it enjoyed my fear. It was toying with me.!

10m away? Hmmmm, few would survive from 10m away, let alone have time to notice its expression. :D

I hope it has some nice items to be looted if it is indeed the Warlock 'cousin'! :)

I was out stalking a Berycled east of Atlas Haven. I followed her all morning till she finally stopped to feed in a mountain valley. Settled myself behind a rock and took aim. There she was. I finally had her in my sights!!

They need to up the spawn a bit :)

The mysterious mob is a no show?

I actually didn't mean to be so dismissive about this particular feature, sorry devs. I am miffed about something unrelated, i.e. the ongoing destruction of landscapes I used to call home without sense or reason, not even a plausible story, and just have to let off steam. But the community was asking for a revival of an epic event, could it be the prayers were actually heard? Would be cool. If these voices are heard, I will add mine: Will you just stop devastating my planet now, please, better undo the most senseless damage, else I might uproot and stay away for good one day, since epic stuff can now be had at every corner of the universe and where they don't destroy homes all the time.

Back