On-demand Hunting stats like instance stats

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
It would be nice if we could push a button to turn on counters for hunting stats and later push it again to get results presented similar to the stats presented when leaving an instance such as the mayhem ones (except with a more legible font).

Reactions: Meg
Awesome idea. Many years ago, I thought it would be incredibly useful to have a hunting tracker, similar in function to the LBML mining tool...something that simply records the name of each mob killed, total kills, individual mob loot value and total loot value (for the tracked hunting session). Like you said, much like the stats popup you get when you finish a mayhem instance.

The bigger issue would be how to get this info exportable to spreadsheet or CSV file...maybe by pressing the button to toggle it on, it just creates and updates a CSV file...but that would be exploited somehow, no doubt.

It would be nice if we could push a button to turn on counters for hunting stats and later push it again to get results presented similar to the stats presented when leaving an instance such as the mayhem ones (except with a more legible font).

Great idea here. To take it one step further be kind of cool if such a tool could be crafted in game. Be kind of interesting a new line of items that could help players and the overall economy of the game.

An in-game function that allowed you to count # of Mobs killed, and things like "total loot value (in TT) while you were hunting would be awesome.

Also that you could reset in order to start a new run. It would make tracking returns for people who claim 40% returns all day long much much easier and straight forward.

It would have the added benefit of making MA look like they want you to hunt responsibly

Plus Rep (if I could). This is a great idea, why not? I like the feature of looking at statistics after a crafting run; this should be a feature for hunting too, and mining....how hard would it be to implement this? Also the idea of having this as a tool? Genius. You can take it a step further to have modified versions that could "save" previous data for comparing.

Weapon and fap, etc...with decay of each. Amount of ammo used. TT returned from loot (mod version can have detailed breakdown of each item?).

Do it MA. :cool:

Just make it an in-game tool, like the "Statistics" button for crafting. For the love of God, DON'T make it a craftable item!! EVERYONE should have access to the tool, not just the ubers & grinders.

Just make it an in-game tool, like the "Statistics" button for crafting. For the love of God, DON'T make it a craftable item!! EVERYONE should have access to the tool, not just the ubers & grinders.

The statistics button for crafting is on the crafting machine, what would you recommend the "button" be attached to for hunting and mining? The idea I had behind the craftable tool wasn't an uber and grinder concept, but an idea that you have something you can equipt, start running, then review when you are done.
Why can't it be a craftable item that costs 1ped? Worried about MU? MA can flood the market :D.

The screen for crafting is quite misleading. You can have items returned to you on partial successes, and then use those materials on another click. The materials used will still be logged as peds gained. So.... you can have the screen show you have gained 4000 peds, and be down 500.

I dont think MA has any coders that would be capable of the task.... what you want is a pull down box, where you can select which data to track... kills, loot in etc.

Crafting has resources gained and getting used to screw with the final tally. Hunting would have ammo looted and getting used. Mining would never point out what you pay to find and extract each claim vs final TT.

I'm sure with all the hacks and cheats running around.... also trader programs, and hunting assist programs... You should be able to find or make something to suit your needs.

<I do not condone cheating>
<MA could not program a light bulb>
<insert insane propaganda crazy theory here>

The screen for crafting is quite misleading. You can have items returned to you on partial successes, and then use those materials on another click. The materials used will still be logged as peds gained. So.... you can have the screen show you have gained 4000 peds, and be down 500.

I dont think MA has any coders that would be capable of the task.... what you want is a pull down box, where you can select which data to track... kills, loot in etc.

Crafting has resources gained and getting used to screw with the final tally. Hunting would have ammo looted and getting used. Mining would never point out what you pay to find and extract each claim vs final TT.

I'm sure with all the hacks and cheats running around.... also trader programs, and hunting assist programs... You should be able to find or make something to suit your needs.

<I do not condone cheating>
<MA could not program a light bulb>
<insert insane propaganda crazy theory here>

I agree with all your points. I will say, however, that before the stats tab for crafting, you had to look at your inventory and crunch numbers in your head or write it down, etc. The stats tab eliminates the added work by showing the total outcome. If you're savvy enough, you can just look at the items and residue (gems, etc) and know what the actual return is compared to the input, disregarding the reusable items that get recycled. By having the same option for hunting and mining, you can have that one glance snapshot like you do with crafting and have a ballpark idea of how your run went.

If you are hunting, and you start off with 300ped ammo, and the end of the hunt snapshot shows that you actually cycled 480ped of ammo, you just add that (the additional 180ped ammo) to your "input". Then adding up all the decay, ammo, etc and looking at the tt returned...voila, ballpark assessment of what went in and what came out in one glance. :).

They need to fix the instnace damage coutner first ;).

It has in build integer and not floating point counter (and rounds everythign down) - this means that if you hit:
10.9 + 10.9 in two hits it will remember 20 and not 21.8.

If you do not belive me - do a instance run with tracking damage with EL and comapre it with instance summary ;) (or try watching few hits and add them up manually and comapre with the instance damage tracker).

but yes - it would be great idea to have MORE things tracked overall.
Problem is: MA does not want us to get more info. Proof on this theory - they STILL hide the decay info on items behind "exceptional", "good", etc - something that should be avaible in plain x.xxxxx value in item description...

Falagor
:bandit:

Yes, please. Big e-hugs and +rep.

As great as some of the other suggestions are, I was intentionally suggesting something that would require a minimal effort from the developers. The functions, subroutines, and graphics all exist and all my suggestion requires is a way to turn it on and off at will -- presumably the same function calls that are used when entering and exiting an instance.
Minimal amount of work, minimal amount of testing required, and minimal risk of introducing new bugs that will not get fixed for years and years and years.

Last edited:
I was really hoping they would have at least changed to a READABLE FONT for the end-of-instance statistics window! As it is now, I have take a screenie of the stats and use a simple image viewer to zoom in.

Back