PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    All right, my system upgraded wine-staging from 2.21 to 3.3. According to the release notes there was an improvement regarding showing HTML-pages in an application. Fortunately this affected the installer of EU and there doesn't seem to be a need to install some Internet Explorer any more!

For 64-bit Wine (32-bit Wine was in a previous post):
    Code:
    # install Wine and its requirements:
    $ pacman -S wine-staging winetricks wine_gecko wine-mono zenity

$ winecfg
    # click the options listed in this thread
    $ winetricks corefonts d3dx9
    $ wine ~/Downloads/entropia_universe_setup.exe
    # this cd is important as the ClientLoader then puts the binaries where they should be
    $ cd ~/.wine/dosdevices/c\:/Program\ Files/Entropia\ Universe
    $ wine bin32/ClientLoader.exe

# in case you already have the planet data you can abort the installer as
    # soon as it starts to download the planet data and copy those files into
    # ~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramData/entropia universe/public_users_data/ and
    # run the ClientLoader again
    # Note however, that there may be issues with the caches, I can't say. So
    # if you use sym-links targeting the 32-bit Wine, maybe don't link to the
    # caches?
    Too bad that I still can't play that way! No matter if I then choose to run the 64-bit or 32-bit client, EU stalls after the authorisation thing once the background picture with the progress bar appears at the bottom. In 32-bit Wine a gaming hint appears above the progress bar and the loading progress moves to the right. Not so with 64-bit Wine. No idea what's missing now...

Also the connection speed wasn't affected, I still have to pick 128kbit to pass authorisation...

Note that 32-bit Wine now asks for library lib32-krb5. So don't forget to install that.
    Last edited by endermigne; 03-09-2018 at 17:34.
    A proud Senior member since 6th of May 2008, 01:47a

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm having some problems with getting this to work at the moment

Firstly when I download the .exe the sum codes don't match. Tried with an exe that I downloaded and it downloads the fonts and directX ok however on the setup box which I think shows the EULA the text box is blank and then playonlinux gets a fatal error and is forced to close

Has this setup worked for anyone since the last release?
    just a note, might not be helpful idk, but I tend to click OK on the EULA thing before the text loads on Windows, and have no side effects.
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by endermigne View Post
    Some mentioned a file "entropiauniverse.log", but where can I find that?
    It's in the linux user's home folder at least for me (check "Show Hidden", the file's name is ".entropiauniverse.log")

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    No, I don't have that. I only have ~/.wine-32/drive_c/users/ender/Temp/Entropia Universe Setup Log.txt and that doesn't contain anything useful for my situation.
    Last edited by endermigne; 10-31-2018 at 18:44.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    Today my system upgraded wine-staging from 3.3 to 3.4. And now I'm finally able to play with 64-bit Wine and EU with 64-bit!!! Awesome, right??? Well, yes

Regarding my open question whether or not it's possible to share directories between 32-bit Wine and 64-bit Wine it doesn't work for these two:

• ~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramData/entropia universe/public_users_data/cache/
    • ~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramData/entropia universe/public_users_data/shaders/

For now I don't know if it's because of differences in 32-bit and 64-bit versions of ClientLoader or some general rule regarding sharing directories across installations of Wine (like write-allowed or something). I guess this will be answered when EU updates the content the next time (not necessary the client as such).

Anyway, for those who care:

Code:
    [endermigne@runlikehell public_users_data]$ pwd
    /home/endermigne/.wine/dosdevices/c:/ProgramData/entropia universe/public_users_data
    [endermigne@runlikehell public_users_data]$ ls -al
    total 36
    drwxr-xr-x 4 endermigne endermigne 4096 19. Mar 17:29 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 endermigne endermigne 4096  7. Mar 20:19 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 3 endermigne endermigne 4096 19. Mar 17:36 cache
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 endermigne endermigne   94  7. Mar 20:17 dynamic_content -> '/home/endermigne/.wine-32/drive_c/ProgramData/entropia universe/public_users_data/dynamic_content/'
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 endermigne endermigne   98  7. Mar 20:18 participant_content -> '/home/endermigne/.wine-32/drive_c/ProgramData/entropia universe/public_users_data/participant_content/'
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 endermigne endermigne   89  7. Mar 20:18 screenshots -> '/home/endermigne/.wine-32/drive_c/ProgramData/entropia universe/public_users_data/screenshots'
    -rw-r--r-- 1 endermigne endermigne 4104 19. Mar 17:35 settings-ce.cfg
    drwxr-xr-x 3 endermigne endermigne 4096 19. Mar 17:34 shaders
    [endermigne@runlikehell public_users_data]$
    Still no change regarding connection speed...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images

Oi, it's me again. Do I need vcrun2005?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Odd situation.
    Background: I need to not hog the shared bandwidth in this house. EU is bad about that.
    Solution: I installed tc (debian Traffic Control) and applied a token bucket filter to my oddly named ethernet interface.
    Problem: the filter didn't slow down EU client loader's bandwidth usage one bit.

A transcript for those who find such things of interest:
    Code:
    medb@inspiron:~# ip -a link list
    1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1
        link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    2: enp0s25: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
        link/ether 00:21:9b:1b:9a:61 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    medb@inspiron:~# tc -s -d qdisc show dev enp0s25
    qdisc pfifo_fast 0: root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap  1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
     Sent 2380922 bytes 34446 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 2) 
     backlog 0b 0p requeues 2 
    medb@inspiron:~# tc qdisc add dev enp0s25 root tbf rate 220kbit latency 50ms burst 1540
    qdisc tbf 8001: root refcnt 2 rate 220Kbit burst 1539b/1 mpu 0b lat 50.0ms linklayer ethernet 
     Sent 330 bytes 5 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
     backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
    medb@inspiron:~# cd ~/.wine/dosdevices/c\:/Program\ Files/Entropia\ Universe
    medb@inspiron:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Entropia Universe# wine bin32/ClientLoader.exe &> $HOME/.entropiauniverse.log
    The moment of truth as to whether I can play or not will have to wait til tomorrow so the housemate can work. I may also have to figure out how to get my distro to move up to wine-staging 3.4 from 2.21, and probably steal a better graphics card from another computer, but it sure was fun watching wine-staging work just as expected right away.
    Last edited by Lefty; 04-05-2018 at 05:48. Reason: removed the junk email markup added by [ quote ]

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Odd situation.
    Background: I need to not hog the shared bandwidth in this house. EU is bad about that.
    Solution: I installed tc (debian Traffic Control) and applied a token bucket filter to my oddly named ethernet interface.
    Problem: the filter didn't slow down EU client loader's bandwidth usage one bit.

A transcript for those who find such things of interest:
    Code:
    medb@inspiron:~# ip -a link list
    1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1
        link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    2: enp0s25: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
        link/ether 00:21:9b:1b:9a:61 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    qdisc pfifo_fast 0: root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap  1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
     Sent 2380922 bytes 34446 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 2) 
     backlog 0b 0p requeues 2 
    medb@inspiron:~# tc qdisc add dev enp0s25 root tbf rate 220kbit latency 50ms burst 1540
    qdisc tbf 8001: root refcnt 2 rate 220Kbit burst 1539b/1 mpu 0b lat 50.0ms linklayer ethernet 
     Sent 330 bytes 5 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0) 
     backlog 0b 0p requeues 0 
    medb@inspiron:~# cd ~/.wine/dosdevices/c\:/Program\ Files/Entropia\ Universe
    medb@inspiron:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Entropia Universe# wine bin32/ClientLoader.exe &> $HOME/.entropiauniverse.log
    The moment of truth as to whether I can play or not will have to wait til tomorrow so the housemate can work. I may also have to figure out how to get my distro to move up to wine-staging 3.4 from 2.21, and probably steal a better graphics card from another computer, but it sure was fun watching wine-staging work just as expected right away.
    Nope. Running fine on debian 9.4 and wine-statging 2.21. Crashed in seconds after logging in but it acted just like some EU crashes I've experienced on Windows which resulted from interacting before I finished loading in. Will finish downloading and then retry.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by endermigne View Post
    Also the connection speed wasn't affected, I still have to pick 128kbit to pass authorisation...
    Well, it turned out to be the modem. I have a newer model now and can connect with 10mbit. However, I don't see a single difference and MindArk fails to answer a support ticket about this.

I have a problem for some time. When I try to check my position all I get is empty unclickable bracket, same for positions sent by somebody in chat. Checked log file and it's empty bracket too. I'm pretty sure it worked first time I installed the game and later after some VU it stopped working. I can of course reinstall but before I do that I would like you guys to tell me if you have same issue? If you do then I guess reinstall is just waste of time.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast