My experience and feedback on Halloween Mayhem

e-lite

Society
Magnum Opus
Xaero e-lite Cynque
Hello dear reader!

So I chose to participate in this year’s Halloween Mayhem. Due to very recent equipment upgrade expenses I had pretty low liquid assets, and to not blow all my PED’s I decided on a fixed budget of 1000 PED for the whole mayhem. This should include ammunition, decay repairs and purchase of Limited guns as I currently do not own any unlimited weapon suited for my level. And because of this budget I went with running level 1 and 2 Mayhem instances.

The weapons I have been using is as follows:

• Isis Project Zero-Three E.L.M (L) + Fi/Ra/Co Beast for 41 DPS and an average of 2.88 DPP
• Isis LBP 25 (L) + Fi/Ra/Co Beast for 48.8 DPS and an average of 2.99 DPP
• Emik Enigma L2 (L) + Rage 30 (L) for 56 DPS and an average of 2.87 DPP

The only ring I have used the entire time is [Ares Ring (L)]

An occasional Halloween Candy Box booster every now and then to increase reload speed.

The only heal kit I used was [Refurbished H.E.A.R.T. Rank VI] except for a total of 5 uses of [Omegaton Fast Aid FAP-90] on the level 35 Count Vampire.

For Armor I have been using the full set [Adjusted Nemesis (M)]

I ran all the 40 hours using [Neurobiotic Booster A10 10mg] 100% skill gain booster

Today I ran my 40[SUP]th[/SUP] and final hour of the mayhem and have run a total of 5 hours Level 2 and 35 hours of Level 1.

My final score is 6778 Points and of my 1000 PED budget I lost a total of 548 PED. Having said that I have gained 3475 skill points in total during the event, which I pretty much doubt I could gain if I bought skill chips on auction for 548 PED.

Over all I am quite pleased with the event and the outcome and I had fun. With all this said, I want to point out the obvious imbalance in the event, as it is more or less impossible to win anything if you run only Level 1-2 instances.

Now, since there’s no profession level classing in the event, we all know that it is the ones with the highest DPS running the highest level instances that will win the top tier prices. It’s all fair I guess, but putting in 40 hours in the limited time of 9 days is quite a feat no matter what level of instance you run.

This is why I think that even the ones that qualified for the lowest possible reward in mayhem (50 PED of ammo for 5000 points) should be able to get at least a little something more for their participation. I don’t expect it to be anything compared to the high level prices, but perhaps something cosmetic like an Orange and Black Halloween Mayhem 2015 coat for example. Just some trophy to show off that you completed this feat!

What do YOU guys and girls think?

Well done - pleased to see that the event can be run on a budget .:yay:

(...)

I ran all the 40 hours using [Neurobiotic Booster A10 10mg] 100% skill gain booster

Today I ran my 40[SUP]th[/SUP] and final hour of the mayhem and have run a total of 5 hours Level 2 and 35 hours of Level 1.
(...)

I am sorry to disapoint you but i think you just got disqualified...

This event is "up to 40h" and NOT "+40h normalised score". So if you pass the 40h mark you get dsqualfied.
If you did have disconencts during your session they may actually save you and you will end with less than 40h ;).

I am not sure if passing 40h also disqualifies from receiveing the consolation prizes (for reaching certain point levels) but as far as i understand it - yes (proof: "In addition, all qualifying event participants reaching one of the following point thresholds will receive bonus prizes:").

Falagor
:bandit:

I am sorry to disapoint you but i think you just got disqualified...

This event is "up to 40h" and NOT "+40h normalised score". So if you pass the 40h mark you get dsqualfied.
If you did have disconencts during your session they may actually save you and you will end with less than 40h ;).

I am not sure if passing 40h also disqualifies from receiveing the consolation prizes (for reaching certain point levels) but as far as i understand it - yes (proof: "In addition, all qualifying event participants reaching one of the following point thresholds will receive bonus prizes:").

Falagor

I'm not sure how you get my 5+35=40 hours to be more than 40 hours. I have timed all my runs with a desktop stopwatch, and I have recorded them all with shadowplay. I know the rules by heart. But thanks anyway.

I'm not sure how you get my 5+35=40 hours to be more than 40 hours... I know the rules by heart. But thanks anyway.

There were problems with qualificating in past already (people were doing full 40 runs and got disqualified for some reason).

Its beacuse MA said that the summary of the run "is not an official time tracking" - and my personal guess every full run takes like 1h and 10sec...

To be safe - best to stop at 39.5 "full runs".

@edit:
but i hope this time it will be different and mayby i am wrong.

Falagor

Was a nice and wellwritten little story, thanks!

Agreed that more could be given to the lower levels for contending, could be put in loot or as goals in some way. Even if its luck its allmost impossible to be there with the top10 from what youre explaining.....you could loot 5 more 5k pointers and still not win.

//Linz

Was a nice and wellwritten little story, thanks!

Agreed that more could be given to the lower levels for contending, could be put in loot or as goals in some way. Even if its luck its allmost impossible to be there with the top10 from what youre explaining.....you could loot 5 more 5k pointers and still not win.

//Linz

Thanks! I am quite sure that at least Level 1 instance never drops 5K pumpkin, I looted one 1K pumpkin on Level 2 and two 500 point pumpkins on Level 1. Other than that it was all 1, 5, 10 drops with an occasional 20 and 50 point pumpkin. And I am fine with that, the top tier players have invested much more money and taken a larger risk, so their chances should be higher. All I really ask for is some sort of price to justify the 40 hours put into low level mayhem. Otherwise there's really no use to participate in low level mayhem ever again :D Like I said, I would be very happy with some piece of clothing that is unique to the participants of mayhem that put in 40 hours.

Nice thread.. May be rules could be changed to allow only [L] sib weaponry and rings in the lower categories (1 and 2) and an automatic placement like merry mayhem. This way people with higher skills cannot enter the lower categories, mod mercs and terminators cannot be handed over to playing aunts, grandmas and cats.
prices for each category.
And maybe also add a category 0 for people who want to shoot with tt-weapons from the tt terminal only

Nice post, "need to spread some rep before bla bla"

Back