How To: Play EU on your phone!

lyosha

Dominant
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kenshin Himura Battosai
Earlier I saw a post from Norian in the uberloot subforum, his Uber was great and all, but the best part of his post was him saying that he was playing the game on an iPad.

So I researched a little, and talked to Norian in game... and this is how I am playing EU on my iPhone, on the train to work.

You will need a program called Splashtop, download the streamer and install it on your computer.

http://www.splashtop.com/downloads

Set up an account, and then install the "Splashtop" app on your phone, ipad, android, etc.

Reboot your computer.

Now you can log in from your phone and play EU on it!

It is basically a cheap little streamer that streams your desktop content to your phone.

While this is cool from technological point of view, I wonder how it is possible to play EU on such small screen .. ;)

While this is cool from technological point of view, I wonder how it is possible to play EU on such small screen .. ;)

It actually does not look bad! It is a little tricky however, mostly keyboard and no mouse (unless you use the touchscreen mouse in the app), but it works awesome when you want to log in and do some hunting/mining. I'm hunting feffox now on my phone @work!

I've used VNC several times when I needed to control my bids on auction on the go (iPhone, so no Tycoon), but actual playing on the go is the next level of addiction :D

It actually does not look bad! It is a little tricky however, mostly keyboard and no mouse (unless you use the touchscreen mouse in the app), but it works awesome when you want to log in and do some hunting/mining. I'm hunting feffox now on my phone @work!

So you can spend liike instantly ever buvk you earn :D

Splashtop is the best remote access app I have found to make this possible. Other apps have slow frame rates, buggy, etc... Lag is non existent (it helps having ~90Mbs wireless internet speeds :) )

I almost exclusively play from my iPad now - so very nice.

lyosha - gratz to you in regards to you getting this working on your phone. Question - is it possible to display the arrow keys option on your phone version of this app? (the phone app and ipad app are different FYI). I currently use TeamViewer while I'm on the go/at work in order to train my pet/look at AH - Just wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to Splashtop for my phone too. Splashtop does have a monthly remote access fee which is a :( (no charge if you are on your own network)

Yes, the arrow keys do work for the phone app, and the 2$/mo. is a really small price to pay to be able to hunt on your phone while @work/bus/train/whatever.

Thanks again for your post BTW. Being able to log in on my phone @work and shoot/loot a few mobs now and then is very nice stress relief, better than a cigarette. =)

here is what it looks like on iPhone:

LlHE1Mw.png

omg this looks nice

Playing on an IPhone? That's gonna kill my eyes! :eyecrazy: My laptop is bad enough. :laugh:

Playing on an IPhone? That's gonna kill my eyes! :eyecrazy: My laptop is bad enough. :laugh:

thats alrite, in a few years there will be bionic replacements for your worn out meaty ones

Back