Save the economy: "Energized Nano Particles" BP

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
There is too much stuff out there which is TT fooder. That has to change!

One possible solution would be the introduction of "Energized Nano Particles" which you need to repair your Items.
(Don´t start crying yet ;) )

Looking at the Explosives BP there are plenty people crafting for the globals, HOFs or ATH hope. But these BP use TT items.

My suggestion is:
1. Everything is refineable into "Energized Waste" - be it Hides, Oils, EnMatter, Minerals, Items (but not other residues)
2. the "Energized Nano Particles" uses "Energized Waste"

One click on lvl 1 BP would use 1PED of "Energized Waste"
One click on lvl 5 BP would use 50PED of "Energized Waste"

The refinement should be free of charge (at the Repair Terminal for example)
There are so many "Gamble" and "Skilling" Crafters that a regular hunter would probably not pay more for repair that now, but would be able to sell everything.
If you sell for 105% and pay 105% for Energized Waste, the "for fun Crafters" have their fun, you can sell all your loot and maybe even make a little profit. Right now the "profit" of Explosives goes right into the Lootpool - not into the economy.

PS: The old repair system has not to be removed. It could still be in effect so both systems can compete!

Last edited:
you would be "taxing" those ppl who invested in ul gear while the L users make an extra chunk, knowing the base eco of L gear has allready gone up significant, I don't think this is the way to go as the only reason to own UL gear would be not having to look for L or tiering for events.. & how many ppl actually still do that

you would be "taxing" those ppl who invested in ul gear while the L users make an extra chunk, knowing the base eco of L gear has allready gone up significant, I don't think this is the way to go as the only reason to own UL gear would be not having to look for L or tiering for events.. & how many ppl actually still do that

Well, "Fun Crafters" accept a loss of around 8%-10% (90% back). They sell - if not TT - their stuff at 101%-102%.

Your (my) repairbill is significant lower than the stuff i can´t sell but have to TT.

Example: If you sell your TT stuff at 111% and "Fun Crafters" still accept 8% loss for the chance of the big ATH, you will be able to buy "Energized Nano Particles" for 102%-103%.

That way your effective repairbill can even be lower than 100% on UL!!

You won't save the economy by doing something that will make a huge number of people sell out and quit.

Wait... I'm a bit confused at what this is supposed to be for. :scratch2: Repair unL items only? Meant for repairing them anywhere, even away from a repair terminal? If so that'd be an interesting use case, but we do already have portable repair terminals which I do agree are sort of unwieldy. Repair them for a higher percentage than their TT value? If so I don't quite see that flying with MA.

One of the changes I suggested for the damned Explosive Projectile BPs so they were no longer a blight upon the game's economy was for them to take any kind of stackable resource outside nanocubes. Even if it's like 2 sweat and 2 novas for the I, 20 sweat and 20 novas for the II and so on, but I digress.

Wait... I'm a bit confused at what this is supposed to be for. :scratch2: Repair unL items only? Meant for repairing them anywhere, even away from a repair terminal? If so that'd be an interesting use case, but we do already have portable repair terminals which I do agree are sort of unwieldy. Repair them for a higher percentage than their TT value? If so I don't quite see that flying with MA.

One of the changes I suggested for the damned Explosive Projectile BPs so they were no longer a blight upon the game's economy was for them to take any kind of stackable resource outside nanocubes. Even if it's like 2 sweat and 2 novas for the I, 20 sweat and 20 novas for the II and so on, but I digress.

Yes, making Explosives using any other ingredient than TT Nano Cubes would help a little. But for Crafters, they are an extra loss. They can´t sell what they craft anyway - mostly.

The idea is ment for repairing Unlimited Items, at a Repair Station. Could also work with reapir on the go. If the "Energized Nano Particles" had 0 weight, np to take some with you.

NO: You will most likely be able to repair at 100% or less .
Example:

Hunter
Loot 100PED TT stuff + 200PED other things with real MU.
Repair costs are 100 PED

You sell the 100PED stuff for 110% = 110PED
You buy 100PED TT "Energized Nano Particles" for 110% =110PED

Effective Repair Costs are: 110-110= 0
This means repair was for TT

Now the Crafter side:
Buy 100PED Stuff for 110%=110PED
Refine (for free) to "Engergized Waste" worth 100PED
Craft 20PED Metal & Energized Residue + 70PED "Energized Nano Particles".

Return: 20PED at 101%= 20,2PED + 70PED at 110%= 77PED total 97,2PED

97,2-110= -12,8PED

In this example there is a loss on the crafters side of around 2,8% higher that crafting Explosives. Thats because the residue is not worth 110%. The reason for this is mostly because of Exlposive "Gamblers".

However, the 2,8%, or lets say 3% is up to the market. Most things will rise a little in MU, for example Limited Items you might have TTed because of low MU and which would be refined into "Engergized Waste".
This means that Hunters might be able to sell those things they already sell at auction for a little higher MU. This would alow Crafters to make up for the 3%. Hunters with Unl Gear would pay a little more and TT for repair, but recover it by the overall higher MU because of less trash in auction.

So to speak, it would be more "dynamic" :D

Back