Virus Gen : variant Kazy 418613 detected

After downloading without protection managed to get one successful log in but after that bitdefender deleted the infected client loader exe.
Now i have to wait for solution and start from a fresh EU instal.
I wonder did some AV software get a false positive and wont let us update or there is a real threat and other users now have a virus running on their systems without detection.

A google search informed me that the virus variant (falsely?) detected is a Vundo infection. Did anyone experience any of the symptoms mentioned here?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vundo

Nothing like that, no infection symptoms. Bitdefender quarantined and deleted the client loadeder exe after updating with AV turned of. i Did couple of scans since then and nothing comes up. Bitdefender still blocks updating the game.

Nothing like that, no infection symptoms. Bitdefender quarantined and deleted the client loadeder exe after updating with AV turned of. i Did couple of scans since then and nothing comes up. Bitdefender still blocks updating the game.

Yeah, same here. I meant players who actually installed the update :) Guess I'll not be playing tonight either...

24h later - several full scans later, still nothing detected and no new downloads from clientloader/updater anymore...does that mean all is well after all?

updated AVG to virus db 4460/10982 from 19:09 tonight - threat still not recognised as such...

Last edited:
I couldnt even download the clientloader from the website.. couple of mb:s downloaden and then got deleted

Post this else where on the forum but it's more applicable here.

The anti virus companies share information between themselves so it's not surprising many are reporting it. I'm using Avast and it's not detecting a virus on the update.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2971186/security/kaspersky-denies-faking-antivirus-info-to-thwart-rivals.html

Antivirus companies, including Kaspersky competitors AVG Technologies and Microsoft, will routinely share information about new attacks they find, such as through the Google-owned service for aggregating virus reports, VirusTotal. This practice helps get word out more quickly about emerging threats.

So either by accident the client loader has been found to be similar to a virus / malware or someone has sent the clientloader.exe to them as malware and the automated systems have taken over. Seen it before and I doubt it will be last time - even Windows operating files have been classed as a virus before and rendered machines unusable in the process.

On the F-Secure website

Gen:variant.kazy.728313 (Updated 21 September 2015) This detection was unintentionally triggered by randomly named DLL files saved to the temp folder. This issue was resolved with the 2015-09-14_04 database update released at 1636hrs UTC on 14th September 2015.

Last edited:
Happened before.

This is not the first game I have had a false positive for. Hope they find the file and tweak it.

So no solution from MA yet... still same problem here, download to 95% then virus found and and clientloader stops...:(

MA - The Company that likes to say.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NOTHING !!

quote for convenience

Update Regarding Anti-Virus Alerts from F-Secure.

Entropia Universe support have now received confirmation from F-Secure Security Labs that the Entropia Universe update 15.6.1 does not contain any viruses.

F-Secure will update their client database asap. We attach the message from F-Secure Security Labs with links describing how to exclude the Entropia file from real-time scanning until your PC has received the updated database from F-Secure.

Message from F-Secure Security Labs:

Hello,

Thank you for your submission.

The file you submitted is indeed clean. A database update will be released to resolve this issue.

For the meantime, you may exclude this file from Real-time Scanning. Instructions for exclusions can be found here:

Internet Security 2013/2014:
http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-do-I-exclude-a-file-or/ta-p/15398

Internet Security 2015:
http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-do-I-exclude-a-file-or/ta-p/56363

Policy Manager and PSB Workstation:
http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Management/Excluding-objects-from-Real-Time/ta-p/66013

For the latest database updates please visit this page:
http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/removal-tools/-/carousel/view/140

We apologize for any inconveniences that this may have brought you.

From: https://account.entropiauniverse.com...2374/index.xml

Worked for me, I got back in game last night after F-secure updated their virus definitions based on MA input.

:yay:

I am still receiving warnings from BitDefender AntiVirus Plus 2015 (running on Windows 10 64bit). which is blocking any attempt to run the client loader, or run the update.
I've sent a support case.

I managed to get the update and get online last night for 10 minutes... AFTER I turned off my Bullguard Internet Security and Malwarebytes.

I thought that since the update had finished ok that I should be able to turn them back on..... WRONG.. so as Bullguard came back online it flagged the clientloader.exe file again and will not allow me to restore it.

I'm affraid I am looking at a re-install to get things going again but am not going to bother until MA tells us everything is working again as it should be.

XZC

I managed to get the update and get online last night for 10 minutes... AFTER I turned off my Bullguard Internet Security and Malwarebytes.

I thought that since the update had finished ok that I should be able to turn them back on..... WRONG.. so as Bullguard came back online it flagged the clientloader.exe file again and will not allow me to restore it.

I'm affraid I am looking at a re-install to get things going again but am not going to bother until MA tells us everything is working again as it should be.

XZC

Exactly why I'm not going to try to try turning off mine, even though I'm reasonably confident it's a false-positive.

Eventually this needs to be resolved by the antivirus companies updating their stuff - until then, I'm just trying (very hard!) to be patient.

Six days now and my patience has just about worn out :mad:

I would recomend norton 360 payed version , it even has a very good support if u have any doubts , in my opinion is totaly worth it :)

i use avg myself all clean here, i had something weird happen when trying to download secret island though (maybe has to do something with it idk though) when downloading secret island the download stops at 380+-mb downloaded client loader crashes, reboots and does that in an infinite loop. tried a clean install (even formatted drive and a reinstall of windows (as i didnt have much files yet) same thing, anyone else been having that?

i can suggest to use avast (free) or kaspersky (paid) until the issue is fixed, both tested and working fine without any false-positive.

good luck!

As of yesterday, I am able to update and get in game with both Bullguard internet security and Malwarebytes running. YAY!!

XZC

Back