Virus Gen : variant Kazy 418613 detected

damn... now lost whole EU in cpu, not good

something is wrong very badly now in new update

have to load whole game now :(

whoa you too? srly..after restart of pc..entire game is gone from pc..all files disappeared.. GG :scratch2:

Last edited:
whoa you too? srly..after restart of pc..entire game is gone from pc..all files disappeared.. GG :scratch2:[/QUOTE]

Ye, and cant get load it back anymore because clientloader is buged, so some day can play again ;)

LOL you can get a virus from any download mate.... not even in EXE form.... go back to skool

School*

:popcorn:

And it's not a virus people... goodness. With all the possible combinations, there are bound to be compiles that have similar signatures.

whoa you too? srly..after restart of pc..entire game is gone from pc..all files disappeared.. GG :scratch2:

that sounds like your AV has in its own way protected you by removing the threat, AVG tends to do with with entropia tracker and causes it to stop working

On ark is gold rush event ongoing in hunting, crafting and mining.
ATH Kaz 418613 not jet detected but after this patch miners have time until 30.11.2015

Same warning with my Internet provider's antivirus program "Telia säker surf".

Resulting in:

Failed to update EU: An error occured while applying the the update. Please try again later

still cant log in

Yeah, I still can not download anything so its death booring to wait then MA fix it! Tiger

Same thing happening to me, once again BitDefender. :(

Same problem here, "Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613" blocked via F-secure

I can't update at all, and can't play until MA fix this, or F-secure fix it (if it's not virus/worm)

No issues with AVG free version.

Presumably you could, if you wanted to, temporarily disable your virus scan to download the update successfully.

No problem with Nod32 Antivirus

Same warning with my Internet provider's antivirus program "Telia säker surf".

Resulting in:

Called my internet support and they adviced me to update to F-Secure SAFE.
If it is safe enough I dont know but the warning is gone.

So for anyone using Telia Säker Surf call the support and ask them to help you uninstall the old protection and upgrade to the new F-Secure SAFE.

Can't wait any longer for confirmation if its fixed and safe to update. Gonna take a risk i hope that doesnt happen what happened to Jeny. Wish me luck...

Called my internet support and they adviced me to update to F-Secure SAFE.
If it is safe enough I dont know but the warning is gone.

So for anyone using Telia Säker Surf call the support and ask them to help you uninstall the old protection and upgrade to the new F-Secure SAFE.

Sorry. This was bullshit to. F-Secure SAFE discovered it again and has now even removed the ClientLoader.exe.

Can't wait any longer for confirmation if its fixed and safe to update. Gonna take a risk i hope that doesnt happen what happened to Jeny. Wish me luck...

Update went good. If some1 wants to know i have AVG antivirus free edition 2014

Same problem here, "Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613" blocked via F-secure

I can't update at all, and can't play until MA fix this, or F-secure fix it (if it's not virus/worm)

I also sent a Support case to F-Secure about it!

/mod note/ I've moved these posts from the patch notes to a separate thread.

I use BitDefender, and am also getting a warning about a virus: Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613

For anyone else receiving the same warning on download, please state which antivirus you use.

Using Bitdefender too and I get virus warning too.

I posted in another thread regarding this, but Bullguard is giving me the same detection on the client loader in a never ending loop trying to download it.

XZC

Yep, BullGuard Internet Security blocks ClientLoader.exe as an infected file and moves it to quarantine as Malware: Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613. :mad:

Support contacted.....:tapfinger

Laters :(

Update went good. If some1 wants to know i have AVG antivirus free edition 2014

No issues downloading/installing here, have not yet started the game - will first perform full sweep.
Scan of EU folder alone did not yield any results.

Using AVG Free edition v2016.0.7227 here, with virus db version 4460/10976 (from 15:00 today).

Last edited:
In the end i decided to turn of bitdefender for the update time, managed to update and to log on and play.
Virus scan after the update did find the variant Kazy 418613 in the game install files and removed successfully.

Hmmmmm

Just testing...
I just tried to download using Bitdefender and it came up with same error.I then removed Bitdefender and kept just my AVG and it downloaded just fine. :D

In the end i decided to turn of bitdefender for the update time, managed to update and to log on and play.
Virus scan after the update did find the variant Kazy 418613 in the game install files and removed successfully.

IMHO you took a chance I'm definitely not willing to take with my systems.

I'm still waiting for an official response from MA, there are plenty of people affected it seems so hopefully there will be a statement tomorrow.

If you guys didn't already see it MA is aware of the problem and working on it:
"
Client Update Issue

We are currently investigating an issue that is preventing the Entropia Client from updating.

If your client cannot update unfortunately you won’t be able to log in.

We are working to fix the problem as soon as possible.
"

I was not getting a virus notice just an installer error. But sure enough once I finally totally uninstalled bitdefender, the download went thru. downloading avg free now. This is not the 1st time bitdefender and EU have clashed. Many times while I'm playing bitdefender has popped up with an error message and had to close down.

updated fine with AVG Paid, which usually has fits at most software, altho it did accuse EU of indentity theft last week ;)

Usualy the paid software works better than the free ones , sometimes they give you false positive , ran full system scan , deep analysis etc with norton 360 full version , all clean.

I dont want to scare you but...

I did it once.... took away defence just to play in a game.... and after that my whole computor crashed and everything was mishmash on the screen. :)
They could never fix that computor again so I did have to buy a new.
Thanks for all advice of download without protection.... I think I wait hehe /Tiger

wow 24 hours now with same issue..... not good. C'mon MA... no word on eta?

XZC

Back