Virus Gen : variant Kazy 418613 detected

slupor

Stalker
Society
Project -X-
slupor slupor slupor
This is scary, my virus scanner F-Secure kicks in when the client downloads the update 15.6.1 and removed a virus Gen : variant Kazy 418613. As a consequence, the update fails. The client tries again, virus scanner kicks in, endless loop.

I will not install this update until I get an answer on my support case.

Last edited:
This is scary, my virus scanner F-Secure kicks in when the client downloads the update and removed a virus Gen : variant Kazy 418613. As a consequence, the update fails. The client tries again, virus scanner kicks in, endless loop.

Sounds like you need to change virus scanner. Microsoft security essentials is basically good for anything, although personally i like malewareanitbytes thingy.

Rgds

Ace

I cant connect either, its asking me to check my security settings which has never happened before

/mod note/ I've moved these posts from the patch notes to a separate thread.

I use BitDefender, and am also getting a warning about a virus: Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613

For anyone else receiving the same warning on download, please state which antivirus you use.

Sounds like you need to change virus scanner. Microsoft security essentials is basically good for anything, although personally i like malewareanitbytes thingy.

Rgds

Ace

No I don't need to change. F-secure runs along with Malwarebytes and this trusted combo saved my ass several times.

Malwarebytes did not kick in, because F-Secure took care of the problem first.

Getting same detection from my AV ... might be just a false positive but ain't gonna risk it until we get some statement from MA

I use BitDefender, and am also getting a warning about a virus: Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613

Ditto all the above.

Detected four times.

This is scary, my virus scanner F-Secure kicks in when the client downloads the update 15.6.1 and removed a virus Gen : variant Kazy 418613. As a consequence, the update fails. The client tries again, virus scanner kicks in, endless loop.

same thing over here.

nothing here :scratch2:

Ditto all the above.

Detected four times.

It's the same file, 4 times over - the update server tries to downloading the file several times before giving up.

Norton 360 , no virus , i dont think u can get a virus from the update server

I can't dl the update...

Failed downloading: bin32\ClientLoader.exe

Invalid file size. Expected=1970847 Downloaded= 3710

EDIT: It works if I turn off my virus scanner (bitdefender)

You can exclude the "infected" item from your scanner to have both working properly again.

Last edited:

LOL you can get a virus from any download mate.... not even in EXE form.... go back to skool

It's the same file, 4 times over - the update server tries to downloading the file several times before giving up.

Yes, I know :rolleyes:

Was just a simple remark, as I thought four was a lot.

If the employee who uses his infected laptop to zip the file contents and uploads it to the patch server, we will all get it.

This has happened before in some online games. Even CCP with Eve Online did not do a virus thing but instead patched a file that windows needed and made thousands of users make their windows unusable.

Kazy.418613

It is really boring to have to wait for MA to fix this virus, but I can not log in anyway so lets hope for some extra gifts for our patience on this. At least I am not alone waiting :)
/Tiger

No warning while using MalwareBytes Anti-Virus

No virus dedect, here. test with Avira.

Be patient virus issue sure be solved soon

Well I am also a bit frustrated about this Kazy-virus, but thought it was better that MA solve the problems first before we all get virus. So IF you log in and have no trouble to do that, maybe you should worried about having a not good anti-virus protecting system instead?
I hope it will be solved soon! /Tiger

Same shit here, also playing WarThunder and sometimes get warnings about virus there to, but still can download and play that game without problems. So I guess its same thing here... But we will wait and see if MA bring answers :)

O i sense alot of people turning purple before MA say somthing

O i sense alot of people turning purple before MA say somthing

Was thinking the same.

I guess it is just a false positive, but a confirmation from MA would be nice. I will continue to play regardless :)

Rgds

Ace

damn... now lost whole EU in cpu, not good

something is wrong very badly now in new update

have to load whole game now :(

Back