Client Update Issue

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We are currently investigating an issue that is preventing the Entropia Client from updating.
If your client cannot update unfortunately you won't be able to log in.
We are working to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people won’t understand this post Bertha Bot :lolup:

It took over 5 hours after my support case and This post on EF to announce there is an issue with logging in.

Must have been quite a long lunch-break there in Gothenburg.

Or a hard time to reproduce, that might be possible too :eyecrazy:

Ah well, I was planning to do a depo but that will now be postponed so no hurry.

Glad to know its not my machine.... first I thought it was something with my antivirus and firewall preventing it from updating.... just kept downloading the clientloader.exe over and over again and restrting itself.... was driving me nuts!

GL getting it sorted!

XZC

Soo.... Is it safe to update it yet?

Still broke for me as well.....my internet protection software, BullGuard, keeps thinking that the clientloader.exe is now an infected file everytime it downloads and moves it to quarrantine - it was doing that earlier as well.

Any other time its updated just fine and bullguard has never had any issues with EU prior to this morning.

Oh well.... back to channel surfing.

XZC

Why do MA not communicate - why is it so hard to actually communicate with their clients. This is beyond arrogance !

Still cannot update:
Code:
Failed downloading: bin32\ClientLoader.exe

Invalid file size. Expected=1970847 Downloaded= 3710

Cant log in - what to do???

<removed>

Bye bye EU, see you in a couple of months.

Edit: Re Forum Rule 3.7:
- Attempts to advertise or recruit others to another game.

Really? That comment was modded? I firmly believe that naming another game does not constitute advertising or recruiting, simply that it exists. I see Angry Birds, Diablo, Starcraft etc ... listed in many other posts in reference to EU/compet. No mods on those.

'Hello <non-descript game title>'. Will this suffice?

Last edited:
Worst company on the planet, hands down. Constantly breaking shit that's not broke and legally robbing us all blind, whilest kicking back thinking up new ways to steal all your hard earned dollars.. Great game but enough is enough, someone over there at Mindfart needs a lesson in ethics.

Cant Update An Update

So I got the same message all of you got, but then my antivirus went off. It flagged all the entropia update exe . So for what it is worth. MA YOU HAVE A VIRUS LOL

It may be a wider issue.

My Bluestacks Android Emulator point blank refused to start this evening, even reinstalling it and leaving it to update for 5 hours ( :zzz: ) didnt fix it. Highly unusual and I've used it for a couple of years now.

I dont think it is a coincidence that there were 10 updates to Windows this evening (patch Tuesday) so now that I've updated Windows 7 I'm hoping Bluestacks will work.

I haven't even tried to update Entropia after reading all the issues others have had, in case I have the same - even though I use the same antivirus that Oleg does and he reported no problems earlier.

Hey ho, I'm sure we'll get a quick fix on this one.

Client Loader STUCK at 95% :eyecrazy:

did you ever think about disabling your stupid false-positive reporting antivirus just for that update? just asking... :silly2:

Same thing, 95% then..
error_290057.jpg

Now day 2

Tried a clean install.. Can't even install from scratch after uninstalling.. I think its a sign.

I turned off my antivirus, solved the problem, let's know up I don't got a virus from it. :silly2:

Back