How to improve LandGrab?

Just was present at LandGrab to watch.

Was a hide seek game with a showroom of different colored pitbulls and players jumping out of them like jumping jacks to touch the claim marker (like they were running for the guy with the ice-cream car that just arrived in the streets and rang the bells) when the timer was starting to run (at 20 seconds, oh yes i was really focussed). Oh yes and killing players. The bonus was receiving repairing skills :confused: that was the playmode of one party.

The other party was busy destroying Pitbulls.... Oh yes they were also killing players.

All went well untill one person slipped and his flamethrower (accidentally?) went off... Hell broke loose!

Damn, poor Pitbulls will never win a land it seems :rolleyes:

Saw so many Pitbulls being blown up it felt like Micheal Bay was directing this landgrab

But in the end a lot of players said "GG" so i guess it was a fair fight right?

Last edited:
How to improve it ?
Simple - don't shoot until i claim it, then go mine and hunt a lot on castle LA.

Jamming device for me is a bad joke, what use are MF ers with all their skills?

The jamming device only blocks the ability to teleport into the fort. Or at least that's how it used to work. You're still able to use any other type of mind force

Vehicles - should be set up in a way so that once a vehicle enters Fort walls/airspace, it is recalled to inventory within a certain time limit (say 10-15 seconds or so)... that way vehicles could be used to return to the fort, but not exploited as shields!

Safe Zones - SHOULD NOT BE NEAR CLAIM! This is so stupid! I would prefer NO Safe Zones within Fort walls, or if any, only near the televator pads!

Teleporting - Teleporting directly on/next to the claim shouldn't be possible... I think you should be able to TP into the Fort, but not near the claim!

Bugs - There are bugs that need to be fixed... Today, for the first half of Land Grab everyone on my radar was green dots, and for the second half everyone was red dots! (even people I was in Team with had red names on HP bars!)

Pets - I don't think pets should be allowed in the Land Grab, they are pretty much only used as shields... Maybe only allow the rabbits?

Select Target - They either need to disable this, or redesign it in a way that makes it function better (like how they made auto-crafting possible and made a built in auto-fire function to eliminate the need auto-click macros)... one way or another, it needs to be 'fixed'! As it is now, it's a problem!

Whoever is responsible for allowing the Land Grab system to exist as it is now... with Safe Zone right next to claim, and dozens of vehicles right next to claim, and Teleporting right next to claim, and big pets running around absorbing shots... They should be fired! Current Land Grab system is a massive joke! It's nothing to do with PvP, it's ALL about finding the best way to exploit the system! I guess MA doesn't care about how things OBVIOUSLY SHOULD BE, they only care about setting things up in the way that makes them the most money, NO MATTER HOW WRONG IT IS and NO MATTER HOW MUCH PEOPLE HATE IT! :wise:

Last edited:
The jamming device only blocks the ability to teleport into the fort. Or at least that's how it used to work. You're still able to use any other type of mind force

No, it blocks the ability to teleport out too.
It blocks wormhole usage too.
And is not that the point.
Point is that device is unbreakable.
Point is that i master all types of MF except sweat gathering - well maybe one day will be master in that too if we go in this non development path.
What could do or should be able to do an master jammer to jamming device?
What is the point of high jamming, concentration, telepathy, translocation then if you cant beat simple device.
Instead of that simple device - defending team should have their own mindtropian to defend castle with mind force.
Ofc revival terminals should be removed too but is too late because MA invented H-DNA and Rakzum's poch so not realy that im able or that is needed to use any other type of mind force but just attack and heal - and for that we have much better gear in game than MF.

Just was present at LandGrab to watch.

Was a hide seek game with a showroom of different colored pitbulls and players jumping out of them like jumping jacks to touch the claim marker (like they were running for the guy with the ice-cream car that just arrived in the streets and rang the bells) when the timer was starting to run (at 20 seconds, oh yes i was really focussed). Oh yes and killing players. The bonus was receiving repairing skills :confused: that was the playmode of one party.

The other party was busy destroying Pitbulls.... Oh yes they were also killing players.

All went well untill one person slipped and his flamethrower (accidentally?) went off... Hell broke loose!

Damn, poor Pitbulls will never win a land it seems :rolleyes:

Saw so many Pitbulls being blown up it felt like Micheal Bay was directing this landgrab

But in the end a lot of players said "GG" so i guess it was a fair fight right?
:lolup:
............atm is lotto first click win :silly2:

Might need a bump or more ideas. :yay:

Id love to see;

Select target removed (explains itself)

Safezones removed (they have no purpose but to allow exploits such as tagging from nearby list or hiding to safely run to claim if threatened)

Vehicle free zone ALOT bigger and further away from the claim

Functionality of the fort to comeback like jamming and possibly shorter reset time if MCR is destroyed and allso jamming to work when McR is up

As it is now its, its a joke and we still have 30-80 people doing this often and investing in skills and gear for it and dreaming of those simple fixes to be made........my personal guesstimate is that last 2 landgrabs brought 10-15k peds straight to Mindarks pockets and one can say we get taxes, but the taxes comes like a little small comfort of 10% TT return for the winner :D

//Linz

I'd love to see a MA employee watch LG and let us know has to be done:yup::smoke:

I remember few years back when people were competing in WOW who was the fastest level 70-80 if I am not wrong and they were developing strategies and while they were very close to reaching world #1 level 80 , 1-2 hours before that game admin surveiled their progress being invisible in their instance and noticed they were using some sort of what we call right now (select target) and immediately locked their accounts for using such game mechanics of power leveling.
I am really curious if this kind of activities is running around in MA offices.If not maybe they learn from it.:wise::wise:

Id love to see;

Select target removed (explains itself)

Safezones removed (they have no purpose but to allow exploits such as tagging from nearby list or hiding to safely run to claim if threatened)

Vehicle free zone ALOT bigger and further away from the claim

Functionality of the fort to comeback like jamming and possibly shorter reset time if MCR is destroyed and allso jamming to work when McR is up

As it is now its, its a joke and we still have 30-80 people doing this often and investing in skills and gear for it and dreaming of those simple fixes to be made........my personal guesstimate is that last 2 landgrabs brought 10-15k peds straight to Mindarks pockets and one can say we get taxes, but the taxes comes like a little small comfort of 10% TT return for the winner :D

//Linz

All you have to do is to wish and your wish be granted. Don't worry man, as long as you have wished it, it will happen ;)

Also, I don't fully agree with u with the 15k thingi...
I can talk for my self, in heavy offensive often shooting, I may use up to 150-200 ammo.
On defensive, I think im way below 100.

All I wish is, it would be 2 hours and no MCR. I really enjoy my time and the time flies fast each LG hehe

All you have to do is to wish and your wish be granted. Don't worry man, as long as you have wished it, it will happen ;)

Also, I don't fully agree with u with the 15k thingi...
I can talk for my self, in heavy offensive often shooting, I may use up to 150-200 ammo.
On defensive, I think im way below 100.

All I wish is, it would be 2 hours and no MCR. I really enjoy my time and the time flies fast each LG hehe

If 80 spends 200 each its 16000 and like you say some can spend more and some less.

As Ive understood it the MCR is the unrepairable HEART of the fort, if you as a defender lose this it willbe harder to defend, with MCR up its supposed to keep some defence mechanics for the defenders such as guns in towers, gates, antijamming device and such.
As it is now its just a room that if beoken makes LG 1 hour shorter (no real point of having it)

Im used to the trolling comments but no need for it now, this thread is supposed to stay constructive!

//Linz

I'd love to see a MA employee watch LG and let us know has to be done:yup::smoke:

I remember few years back when people were competing in WOW who was the fastest level 70-80 if I am not wrong and they were developing strategies and while they were very close to reaching world #1 level 80 , 1-2 hours before that game admin surveiled their progress being invisible in their instance and noticed they were using some sort of what we call right now (select target) and immediately locked their accounts for using such game mechanics of power leveling.
I am really curious if this kind of activities is running around in MA offices.If not maybe they learn from it.:wise::wise:

On the LG's when WSS originally took all the lands from BAHQ, Kim was present at some of them and policed them: I remember him threatening to move any player dropping a vehicle / hiding in a vehicle near the claim, they would be immediately moved to Next Island. I'm surprised he didn't enlarge the no-vehicle zone, as he knew of the issue 2-3 years ago, but I guess he got new projects to work on and forgot about it.

If 80 spends 200 each its 16000 and like you say some can spend more and some less.

As Ive understood it the MCR is the unrepairable HEART of the fort, if you as a defender lose this it willbe harder to defend, with MCR up its supposed to keep some defence mechanics for the defenders such as guns in towers, gates, antijamming device and such.
As it is now its just a room that if beoken makes LG 1 hour shorter (no real point of having it)

Im used to the trolling comments but no need for it now, this thread is supposed to stay constructive!

//Linz

Repairable mcr would suck. I can imagine battles lasting days :d

Everyone is agreeing on first simple steps.

- remove select target
- make no vehicle zone much bigger
- rework somehow safe zones (it could stay, but you should not reset countdown by just simply running to the claim area. At least a click should be required.)

Repairable mcr would suck. I can imagine battles lasting days :d

Everyone is agreeing on first simple steps.

- remove select target
- make no vehicle zone much bigger
- rework somehow safe zones (it could stay, but you should not reset countdown by just simply running to the claim area. At least a click should be required.)

Safezones is used atm for peoples abusing a functionality that was removed from PvP areas (nearby) and that is ofc not intended, I see no reason for a safezone and its a simple way to remove possibilities for abuse.

Safezones is used atm for peoples abusing a functionality that was removed from PvP areas (nearby) and that is ofc not intended, I see no reason for a safezone and its a simple way to remove possibilities for abuse.

Sure, while both teams use people to help with tagging, majority of tags come from ourselves. (At least our people are not able to tag so fast as your guys do whatever they use :D)

What I like on safe zone is that people can spectate and log full chat logs that I use for statistical purpose. For example on takuta we all made over 870 kills with roughly 500 by us and 370 by you :p

As long as *Select Target* MACRO is in any form of PK. I really don't get to excited about PK'ing.

Id say removing this one would change alot of things. Any PK'er before select target knows, without it, it changes EVERYthing.

Remove Select Target and all the ideas that I have read today sound like real improvements. Would be nice to see the programmers dedicated 6 hours of there time to implement them.

When Kim was watching the LGs, he stood in the area under the turret. I'm pretty sure that's why there was a safe zone there and it should have been removed when he stopped coming to LGs. The only safe zone that should be there is the one by storage/tt so you can use them if you forgot to bring ammo or something.

:laugh:the he say people abusing :scratch2: hahahaha

Make LandGrab a Western-Shootout

:handgun::rocket:

1 vs 1 and if you are dead, you are out. That would secure only those people get the LA which have the most expensive stuff and the highest skills!

If you find some irony, keep it :silly2:

As long as *Select Target* MACRO is in any form of PK. I really don't get to excited about PK'ing.

Id say removing this one would change alot of things. Any PK'er before select target knows, without it, it changes EVERYthing.

Remove Select Target and all the ideas that I have read today sound like real improvements. Would be nice to see the programmers dedicated 6 hours of there time to implement them.

I somehow doubt that many people are actually using it, I personally tried it and it is just worse then normally aiming.. But yeah, they should just remove it so people stop accusing each other.

I am also somehow annoyed when I pull few great skill shots, and just get back in chat "you freaking cheater" :D
In normal FPS games it's a compliment, but here people do really believe you use some kind of macro :D

Pecka

Thx you for your honesty, so why are ppl so mad with this sh*t?

Hey, I played many different FPS games at competitive level (won x number of LANs and tournaments) and no matter what game, cheating accusations are extremely common. In general it's really hard to accept that someone is just better, or just might have a good day, but it's also one of the main things you have to overcome in order to get better. Crying and whining will just never make you better, ever.

Either I set the macro wrong (repeating clicking set target every X milliseconds is what I did tried) or it's just useless. It's not really an aimbot but just some kind of trigger that shoots when you move your mouse over the target (while having the key pressed). You still have to keep your aim at the target and I personally do not have problem clicking my mouse at the right time, and so it's just ten times better for me to aim manually then holding a mouse key pressed while aiming.

So what I said, I personally find it really bad and I don't really believe that you achieve "each shot hit" just thanks to that.

It might possibly make some completely low skilled, clueless players better, but nowhere close to a normally skilled person. At least that's how I see it.

I am all for them to removing this as I don't really care and I would rather see "great shot" in chat rather then "you fucking cheater", although I believe we are still going to hear people complaining even they remove this thing. I.e. what I said at the beginning, it's in general hard for people to accept that someone is just better, that's the reality.

EDIT: Also one note, hitting in EU is extremely easy, only problem is the networking code and the fact US , EU, RU etc.. people are playing at servers in Sweden. If we would play at local server with the same ping, having 100% accuracy would be really extremely easy.

Time to bump :yay:

If i got correct info you can no longer TP inside fort after death or spawn cars or planes inside fort.

Time to bump :yay:

If i got correct info you can no longer TP inside fort after death or spawn cars or planes inside fort.

Nice, but I can't see any such on release notes???
Where u got this from?

MA say Select Target will be fixed tomorrow! Sounds to good to be true. im waiting... :)
Few more things needs to be done :)

- Select Target Fixed

- Turn off so you cant TP inside fort so you have to walk throw the main gate. Fixed

Still to do on Landgrab
- Remove all safezones in fort.(Torrent at claim, Area around terminals)

- Remove all vehicles from around claim and inside Fort.

- Fix so you cant login inside MCR after LG has started.

- Disable pets in pvp. Or give them HP so they can be killed.

lg2.jpg

Last edited:
it was still possible to claim even with vehicles but it's not really fun when it's used in that way. Hope they fix this :)

getting claim back from enemy hiding in pitbulls fapping can only show strength and total dominance.
It was good practice.

Would be best, if vehicle when blow up, recalled to storage or inventory, and it would be awesome fix

you forgot:
  • Disable pets in pvp. Or give them HP so they can be killed
  • Disable ability to log on inside the fort.

Back