How to improve LandGrab?

Xpl0jd

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten
Hello.

There is a discussion about how to improve LandGrab in another thread and i think we need a own thread to get ideas together.

How can we help MA with ideas to make a better LandGrab together?

This is some of my own thoughts i sent to MA 2015-04-11 08:19.
- Remove "Select Target". <- Fixed 2016-07-06

- Remove all safezones in fort.(Torrent at claim, Area around terminals)

- Turn off so you cant fly or drive inside fort with any car or plane, should be abit from the wall so no one can jump out in the air over the wall. This should force people to walk throw the main gate. A torrent should be around maingate so mobs cant agro and be used for decay. (i would like to see a soc try to storm throw the maingate and this would need teamwork)

- Turn off so you cant TP inside fort so you have to walk throw the main gate.(i would like to see a soc try to storm throw the maingate and this would need teamwork) <- Fixed

- Fix so you cant login inside MCR after LG has started.

- Disable pets in pvp. Or give them HP so they can be killed.

Keep thread clean. No flaming, blaming or fingerpointing, and stay on topic!

Mods. please remove all post from people who just blame or point finger, no matter what soc they are in!

To the people who say "Why didnt you say this before"
Yes i did several times and sent last supportcase in april about it. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?271024-Land-Grab/

Last edited:
What is "MCR" ?

lol i dont remember the whole name of it, ".... Control Room" you destroy it to get the claim you need to hold for 60min.

- Remove "Select Target".

- Remove all safezones in fort.

- Turn off so you cant fly or drive inside fort with any car or plane, should be abit from the wall so no one can jump out in the air over the wall. This should force people to walk throw the main gate. (i would like to see a soc try to storm throw the maingate and this would need teamwork)

- Turn off so you cant TP inside fort so you have to walk throw the main gate.(i would like to see a soc try to storm throw the maingate and this would need teamwork)

- Fix so you cant login inside MCR after LG has started.

What I posted in the other thread:

- Yeah I agree, select target should be removed. It's just making everyone too equal, lol.

- Safe zones are strange, yeah. I am not sure now how/ what to do with them, but it does not feel right to have them sooo close to claim.

- I would allow vehicles, if there would be collision model (so you cannot freaking run through them, i.e. pitbull hiding)

- In regards to teleportation, the FORT should be slightly redesigned. If you would disable the TPing in, the Main Gate would be a huge un-fun choke point (they should actually work with PVP community, run few PVP events, and iterate on feedback.. but well it's a small dev team so it's highly unlikely)

- You have to be able to login and logout (just because of frequent crashes). The fact people can login in fort after even starts, well that should be somehow worked on and I don't think it's that hard. Like for example, you have to click LG terminal outside of fort to register as LG participant before you can enter in. That means, people who would login after LG starts would be kicked out of fort area.

I will post some more suggestion later, when I have time to think about it.

Lots of cases been sent to MA during the past 2 years. They didn't care but rather say blabla we are working on it blabla...

Anyway, this will be fun if they first fix it im sure of

Edit:
Xp, why didn't you post this before my friend? Why did it come when u guys started to loose?

Last edited by a moderator:
What I posted in the other thread:

- I would allow vehicles, if there would be collision model (so you cannot freaking run through them, i.e. pitbull hiding)

- In regards to teleportation, the FORT should be slightly redesigned. If you would disable the TPing in, the Main Gate would be a huge un-fun choke point (they should actually work with PVP community, run few PVP events, and iterate on feedback.. but well it's a small dev team so it's highly unlikely)

I understand what you mean, but dont u think it would be awsome to have a whole group running and trying to storm the fort?

- You have to be able to login and logout (just because of frequent crashes). The fact people can login in fort after even starts, well that should be somehow worked on and I don't think it's that hard. Like for example, you have to click LG terminal outside of fort to register as LG participant before you can enter in. That means, people who would login after LG starts would be kicked out of fort area.

The soc that holds and protects the land dont get TPed away and i think thats fair, so they should not need to be outside the LG i think. If MA could just change so you cant login inside MCR it would do a great deal.
Maybe even change how it works, why do we even need to destroy the MCR first? no soc try defend it anyway?

Last edited:
Xp, why didn't you post this before my friend? Why did it come when u guys started to loose?

This is the reason i added the date i sent support case, as you can see it was before we had any problem of keeping all the LA :)
But as you know nothing of this has changed so far, but if several socs could work together to get some sort of ideas to get a fun LG maybe MA would put more effort and try fix it?

Last edited:
I sent this before I even had any interest at all in LG's just helping friends in Universe united, BA, CKPK I had no idea at the time what the fuck silly system they had. Now that I am involved I see; but 4 years and little has changed.

History for support case 214395:

2011-10-14 14:43 You wrote:

I was thinking after watching and working in LG's that some sort of cargo plane would be a good idea and possibly the implementation of parachutes where troops could be flown over the fort and paratroop into the fray. Also possibly make night vision possible during night time attacks on forts. Maybe implement a flash grenade for use with decoy dispenser that could temporarily blind your opponent. Just some silly ideas floating in my head thank you
2011-10-14 22:14 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and I have forwarded your comments to the responsible team.

We are unable to say whether or not your suggestions will be implemented, but please stay tuned to the News section and Version Update Content Lists on the website.

Kind regards,
Laura | Planet Calypso Support

I sent this before I even had any interest at all in LG's just helping friends in Universe united, BA, CKPK I had no idea at the time what the fuck silly system they had. Now that I am involved I see; but 4 years and little has changed.

History for support case 214395:

2011-10-14 14:43 You wrote:

I was thinking after watching and working in LG's that some sort of cargo plane would be a good idea and possibly the implementation of parachutes where troops could be flown over the fort and paratroop into the fray. Also possibly make night vision possible during night time attacks on forts. Maybe implement a flash grenade for use with decoy dispenser that could temporarily blind your opponent. Just some silly ideas floating in my head thank you
2011-10-14 22:14 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and I have forwarded your comments to the responsible team.

We are unable to say whether or not your suggestions will be implemented, but please stay tuned to the News section and Version Update Content Lists on the website.

Kind regards,
Laura | Planet Calypso Support

It would probleby need alot of work from MA to make any of that becouse nothing of it excist in the game today. And i still think we need to get planes and pitbulls away from fort. :)

It would probleby need alot of work from MA to make any of that becouse nothing of it excist in the game today. And i still think we need to get planes and pitbulls away from fort. :)

I agree just saying that I sent that 4 years ago and know countless others have been sent since and nothing has been done. Other than mob trains stopped and turret added which just implemented another exploit. :eyecrazy:

Many a year since I participated at a LG, so it may not be applicable now.

Last edited:
Sadly with popularity of FPS games like counter strike, CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. you'd think they'd try and make a system to draw some of them in. Those games don't have the staying power of EU, if you could get 1% of the players from there this game would probably grow 50x overnight. Not sure whether MA is ran by a bunch of developers or what but they need a business savvy person to get involved somewhere.

The reason that nobody defends the MCR (We did it a couple times when I was in WSS) is because you have to hold it for 2 hours instead of 1 hour. That's a LOT more fighting and a ton of ammo spent. Then if you fail after 1.5 hrs, you have to get the claim and hold for another hour. It is fun though because you do a lot of fighting inside of a very small room :)

All use the main gate to enter? I don't think you thought this one through.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
How to improve it ?
Simple - don't shoot until i claim it, then go mine and hunt a lot on castle LA.

Jamming device for me is a bad joke, what use are MF ers with all their skills?

The reason that nobody defends the MCR (We did it a couple times when I was in WSS) is because you have to hold it for 2 hours instead of 1 hour. That's a LOT more fighting and a ton of ammo spent. Then if you fail after 1.5 hrs, you have to get the claim and hold for another hour. It is fun though because you do a lot of fighting inside of a very small room :)

Yes i know you need to hold LG 2hrs with MCR, but im just brainstorming and was hoping for more input and ideas.

I think that would be fun, dont you? :)

Fun watching you guys fill up the gate with spider stalkers? Nah. Only fun if we do it :D I want fun for ALL though.

Now answer my previous question.

Would be nice if they had an in-game way for the whole entropia community to watch the land grabs, like watching boxing or MMA on television. Have a terminal where you could pick POV from avatars involved in battle. That would definitely draw more interest to it.

Would like to see Lower level LG's for less skilled players so that they can participate in the fun as well. Any avatar under 200 hp is one shot instantly by most combatants now. Have a professional level 50 and below possibly or have even playing field where all have same hp same weapons.

Fun watching you guys fill up the gate with spider stalkers? Nah. Only fun if we do it :D I want fun for ALL though.

ah you got a point there, for this to be good it would need to be torrent around the main gate.

Many a year since I participated at a LG, so it may not be applicable now.

I'd increase the time a person is dead once killed. Kinda sucks to kill a really tough player and see them back in 30 seconds or whatever time it is. It also makes it tough to reset the timer in 60 minutes if big socs are involved. I'd also implement it at the oil rig to stop people returning quickly and wasting on players who actually shoot.

I think too 30 secsonds is abit short.I remember in old LGs you didnt revive before after 5 minutes .

Atleast I think we all agree on that select target and safe zones atleast should be removed.

Also some fix on vehicles would be nice. Making them solid would be good I think so you cant hide inside.

Last edited:
Also some fix on vehicles would be nice. Making them solid would be good I think so you cant hide inside.

People would still hide inside as you can add all your friends to passenger list and they can enter/exit vehicle any time.
Why not make area around claim rod totally vehicle free?

People would still hide inside as you can add all your friends to passenger list and they can enter/exit vehicle any time.
Why not make area around claim rod totally vehicle free?

yes thats true, dosnt help if u cant get under, you can still get inside. :)

yes thats true, dosnt help if u cant get under, you can still get inside. :)

If they keep them just make no vehicle zone bigger or make it necessary to click claim when cleared. Just need a buffer between vehicles and claim to have a chance to take out defenders. When your only a couple meters from claim to begin with impossible, but if at a distance where it may take 3 sec. to return to claim attackers have chance to pick them off.

If they keep them just make no vehicle zone bigger or make it necessary to click claim when cleared. Just need a buffer between vehicles and claim to have a chance to take out defenders. When your only a couple meters from claim to begin with impossible, but if at a distance where it may take 3 sec. to return to claim attackers have chance to pick them off.

yes vehicles needs to be more far away, i would prefere no vehicles inside fort at all though, or so you just can drive inside main gate.

PVP in genral in this game is a joke. For it to be enjoyable they need to fix performance issues and latency also.

PVP in genral in this game is a joke. For it to be enjoyable they need to fix performance issues and latency also.

Would be nice if they could improve performance and letency, but i think that would need alot of effort or impossible with EU.

But any improvement on PvP is one step in the right direction. :)

Most of the fixes proposed here aren't big or complex, all well within MA's capabilities. Make it happen!

Althou it's true EU can never compete with specialized FPS's, BUT that's no excuse to drop the whole PvP aspect. There's still a considerable amount of players who love PvP and even more on "standby", should the PvP framework improve in the future.

Among a bit more far-fetched ideas, here's 2 of my favorites. Both could easily have major impact on EU:
Would be nice if they had an in-game way for the whole entropia community to watch the land grabs, like watching boxing or MMA on television. Have a terminal where you could pick POV from avatars involved in battle. That would definitely draw more interest to it.

Would like to see Lower level LG's for less skilled players so that they can participate in the fun as well. Any avatar under 200 hp is one shot instantly by most combatants now. Have a professional level 50 and below possibly or have even playing field where all have same hp same weapons.

I loved PvP before select target! LOOOOVVVEEED!

From Mind Ark and planet partners point of view pvp is 100% of all decay and ammo used going to them.

So they get 100% return on pvp, why in the hell would they want to improve it to motivate more people to PvP...

You guys make no sense, im with Mind Ark! Leave PvP in the disorder, its usless getting all that PED 100% free.

With that statement being said, do get your hopes up XP :(

yes vehicles needs to be more far away, i would prefere no vehicles inside fort at all though, or so you just can drive inside main gate.

+1

OR

All LG Fort off limits to vehicles, except the furthest wall from the claim.

Vehicle Problem Sorted / Easy Fix

Back