InvisibleAndre

Old Alpha
Society
CCCP
Invisible Andre Junior
Hi all guys, i think MA play not fair game:
2015-11-10 17:54 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi InvisibleAndrey,

Our instance logs show that you spent a total of 44h 14m 58s in the Halloween Mayhem instances, which, as detailed in the event rules, disqualifies you from the main prizes.

Regards,

Ida
Entropia Universe Support
2015-11-10 22:03 You wrote:

when i take missiont i play in instant 39h 40m
Hi,

Thanks for answering me. My english is not very good.

Let me clarify, there just seems to be a big misunderstanding!

Before I really started the mission I had been doing and testing the mayhem mobs for a little bit over 4 hours. And I ABANDONED the mission to nullify my points. My points went to ZERO, starting from scratch. I did this because you said "Do NOT abandon the mission! If you do, all your points will be irrevocably lost."

I abandoned after 4 hours, so your time counted in missions, doing the mission is wrong.

I won ALL my points in less than 40 hours just like event was suposed to be done. I understand you are counting my hours BEFORE I abandoned the mission and this is wrong.

Again, I followed the rules. I spent less than 40 hrs doing event and got all my points in 40 hrs time!

Please re-check all your logs and compensate me with the aproparate prize.

Regards
Angry Andrey
2015-11-11 17:36 Entropia Universe Support:

Andrey,

The event rules stated very clearly that ALL TIME spent in the event instances once the event started would count toward your total time.

Time Limit Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances. This 40 hour limit applies to combined time in any of the Halloween instances, not each individual instance level.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2015/10/27/1642/index.xml

Nowhere in the event announcement did it state that abandoning the mission would reset the time that you spent in the event instances.

Out of the 175+ avatars who reached at least 5000 points, you were the ONLY one who went over 40 hours. This shows that the rules were clear and unambiguous

We sympathize with your error, but we must enforce the event rules fairly for everyone, and you very clearly violated the time limit rule.

Kind regard,

Ida

if they would not enforce this rule then it would simply be to easy to just hunt for 1/2 hours..and if no 5k pointer looter then abandon mission and try again and again and again..untill you loot an 5 k pointer in your first 1/2 hours

Sorry but I'm with MA on this one, you spend more then 40 hours in the instance, and you abandoned the mission which was clearly stated as something you shouldn't do.

Better luck next year.

Ii know a guy who spend more than 40 hours but wasn't disqualified, so there is no fairness for all players?

Ii know a guy who spend more than 40 hours but wasn't disqualified, so there is no fairness for all players?

Who is that? Can't make a claim without substantiation.... and you can do all the hours you want before the event started. Far as I know, getting the candy and universal ammo bonuses was not time sensitive. It at least historically hasn't been.

I heard this too...

Who is that?

I don`t wanna say any names, but at least i think they did not have checked each avatar, but people already got their prizes, so not happy event for Andre.

just play, they said... it would be fair, they said...

Last edited:
I think it was an unfortunate misunderstood and your logic was valid. But MA was running the contest, so their interpretation has to win out.

"play, they said... it would be fair, they said..."

http://www.planetcalypso.com/events/halloween2014/

Do not abandon the mission! If you abandon the mission for any reason, either intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever. Support cannot and will not restore points for abandoned missions, regardless of the situation.

It doesnt say anything about the time(r) being reset.

Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances. This 40 hour limit applies to combined time in any of the Halloween instances, not each individual instance level.

This is clear enough

It seems that you made a mistake.

and no any word about the time(r) is NOT being reset

You missed this part:
Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances. This 40 hour limit applies to combined time in any of the Halloween instances, not each individual instance level.

I'm sorry but it seems that it was your mistake.
Rules never stated that timer would be reset on abandoning mission, only that you will lose points.

There was a day (or was it two) that instances were open before event start, so that was plenty time to do testing.

I don`t wanna say any names, but at least i think they did not have checked each avatar, but people already got their prizes, so not happy event for Andre.

You mean that guy or somebody else? :

I'd like to point out that while I did buy a shit load of perfect essence of evils. I did very well with them. I DID NOT COMPETE! I am ill equipped for competing in this format of event rules. I did roughly 50 hours and killed about 10-12 mobs per hour. I didnt touch the mutants or the zombie dogs.

No regrets!

Vamp and pumpkin paid for all essences used. And a few k ped extra.

THANK YOU MA for this event i enjoy it every year and look forward to next october!

Plz don't be jelly people. Green is not a good skin color.:wtg::wtg:

He admitted himself of doing more hours, yet he was not disqualified and received (?) prize for reaching 10k points (question is if he would reach 10k in 40 hours???).
Code:
46 - General of the sidxx Forsaken Fallen - 12626

This surely is unfair in light of Andrey's disqualification!

Also there is one more inconsistency in SC reply, MA said that :
[...]

2015-11-11 17:36 Entropia Universe Support:

Andrey,

The event rules stated very clearly that ALL TIME spent in the event instances once the event started would count toward your total time.

Time Limit Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances. This 40 hour limit applies to combined time in any of the Halloween instances, not each individual instance level.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2015/10/27/1642/index.xml

Nowhere in the event announcement did it state that abandoning the mission would reset the time that you spent in the event instances.

Out of the 175+ avatars who reached at least 5000 points, you were the ONLY one who went over 40 hours. This shows that the rules were clear and unambiguous

We sympathize with your error, but we must enforce the event rules fairly for everyone, and you very clearly violated the time limit rule.

Kind regard,

Ida

While in results we see:
Code:
173 - Meloveyou LongTime FiveDolla - 5001
+ non placed Andrey
that means 174 people reached 5k or higher.
So whether Support is not really well informed or they do not say whole story.

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm with MA on this. To many ways to abuse the system if the timer is reset everytime you abandon the mission.

You missed this part:

"maximum of 40 hours" - at what point of time? at start mission, or any "Halloween event instances" from Halloween Mayhem'2013?

I'm sorry but it seems that it was your mistake.
Rules never stated that timer would be reset on abandoning mission, only that you will lose points.

There was a day (or was it two) that instances were open before event start, so that was plenty time to do testing.

You mean that guy or somebody else? :

He admitted himself of doing more hours, yet he was not disqualified and received (?) prize for reaching 10k points (question is if he would reach 10k in 40 hours???).
Code:
46 - General of the sidxx Forsaken Fallen - 12626

This surely is unfair in light of Andrey's disqualification!

Also there is one more inconsistency in SC reply, MA said that :

While in results we see:
Code:
173 - Meloveyou LongTime FiveDolla - 5001
+ non placed Andrey
that means 174 people reached 5k or higher.
So whether Support is not really well informed if they do not say whole story.

Sidxx would be disqualified for the main prizes but these bonuses are just a grinder bonus. Every event is this way. Andre should have gotten the extra universal ammo and candy. If he didnt, then that his only claim that needs corrected.

"maximum of 40 hours" - at what point of time? at start mission, or any "Halloween event instances" from Halloween Mayhem'2013?

Your frustration is making you excessively pedantic at this point. It is the start of the event. It can't be anything else.

Come on man.. seriously. It sucks for you but I don't really want to highlight that you were the ONLY one that misunderstood.

Gotta be kidding me..

"AT THAT POINT" IN THE HALLOWEEN INSTANCES.
Stop acting like you dont know, and stop trying to bent the rules, you are not inside the Matrix.

I understand that you are hurt and disappointed. But this is not the way to solve things

The only party being unfair is you now.

Almost all replies in your thread are on side of mindark... but yet you still dont want to admit.

Maybe next event if you already feel to behave like this DONT PARTICIPATE.
Since you are already were admitting that English isnt your strongest parts let your friends explain the rules clearly for you next time either.

I'm sorry to say that because i have a lot of sympathi with andrey and a lot of hate for Mindark, but on this time, they are right and you are wrong Andrey.

If it was working they way you did, players could abuse the system with playing event a few hours, and if they are not happy with their points, they just have to abandon and restart? that wouldnt be fair.

Evil mode on / Maybe they wouldnt say anything if you was Linzey but you are not :) Evil mode off

Reactions: ZPF
Exactly! And not from you and your opinion.

Can say the same about you...
I wonder why you made a topic about it on forum and trying to put unfair pressure.

You failed to understand the rules that were clear which doesnt need a opinion and want to fade out the facts.

I do feel bad for you but this this wont help, Accept it... the results wont change.

Last edited:
Sidxx would be disqualified for the main prizes but these bonuses are just a grinder bonus. Every event is this way. Andre should have gotten the extra universal ammo and candy. If he didnt, then that his only claim that needs corrected.

Yes, that is true but Sidxx said he did around 50h and got 12k points, so would he got 10k in 40h or not?
Maybe he had few big pumpkins dropped after 40h time limit?

Now, it is not my intent to 'rob' Sidxx from that 200 PED ammo nor Andrey from that 1k PED ammo, but we need to ask question about fairness of that and what it really mean to be disqualified.

Assume that I knew that I stand no chance to be in top 15, and I needed only 3k more points for 20k bonus.
I would definitely hunt extra few hours to get 500 more PED in prize.
But I understood that I would be disqualified from event so I did stop within time limit.

More people were in that situation where they needed few more points to get next tier prize.
Just look at top players in each tier to get a picture.

I think MA should make rules a bit more clearer about what happens when you get disqualified, is it only top 15 spots or bonuses as well.

Sucks to hear, but both parties are partially blamed in this matter, MA for not adding a extra sentence in the rules (hours will not reset if mission is abandoned), and the participant for assuming something.

Feels like that Bruce fiasco all over again.

Sucks for you but rules are very clear as they are. Nothing needs to be added
You fucked up and now you want our pitty? Go back to your sale threads...

Sucks for you but rules are very clear as they are. Nothing needs to be added
You fucked up and now you want our pitty? Go back to your sale threads...

The Golden rule they need to add is ''ask support, do not assume!'' :)

I'm not sure about this:

Qualifying in that context can mean qualifying for those points.. but I will concede the point and end my comments with the following:

- the OP made an incorrect assumption based on no recent precedent. Lost out on a prize and is upset.. but is unwilling to see it any other way. It didn't work the way Andre expected last year... not sure why you would expect anything different.

- there is no need for Calypso PP to continue using this archaic format where we have to keep up with hours and hope for the best. Use hour normalization.... Arkadia PP could do it.. this is just lazy and is a source of problems.

- the extra bonuses never had a time restriction. This is why I believe sidxx didn't get disqualified. This is also why Andre is in that over 20k point list and they had to label that he was disqualified. Otherwise, his name would simply be omitted.

Back