"My story of Halloween Mayhem participant"

I fully support Andrey here, it would be great if MA could at least compensate him little for the fact how this is implemented.

1st - Rules are not 100% clear, many non-native english speakers can misunderstand this (and again, not many people were competing for serious, so that's why there were no other 10 people crossing the time limit)

2nd - Why there is no timer shown? Or, why it's not working like other events they did with normalized score? :(

It would be only fair to at least compensate him a little. Again, just because rules can be easily misinterpreted by non-native speaker. Come on MA you can do that!

Pecka

1st - Rules were clear. If he didnt understood the rules he could have asked his friends... Using language barrier as excuse is just lame. If that was a valid excuse then everyone could fill in plenty of supportcases to get compensation for everyting they are doing in this game that goes bad.

2nd - Mindark stated VERY CLEARLY that a player should keep track of their own time.
The "Why is there not a timer in the instance?"-reason to use as another excuse is lame.

It's not that difficult to use a stopwatch

He exploited the system in the past. So what compensation are you talking about?
If they didn't "compensate" him then, why should they do it now for something that was his own mistake? --> Misunderstanding the rules cause of the language barrier.

Last edited:
Event rules are not transparent for me too, why there is abandon option that only can reset points and cant reset timer?? :scratch2:
MA should write about it separately! :lolup:
I know Andrey very well, unlike you(mama's boys), he works a lot IRL and have to spend time with his little daughter so he just didnt have enough time to check instance before event start.
As I know he got 5k point pumpkin only at the end of event so what's the point for him was tricks with points?
Probably MA can look at the logs and verify this fact...

Why ? Because you could reset event every time you dont loot 5k point pumpkin in first run, if you do, then you have very big advantage over all the ohter players and should continue.

I am sure most of the top players would have done it.

I think Andrey is right, and is MA that make him think how he thinks, the fact that the others, 175+participants, didn't do the same thing just proves that Andrey is smarter that all of them and he could use his head to go ahead of competition.
We all know that in Entropia big majority of people are loosing to be able to to have few that could profit, you must know the game in every little aspect of it, learning small cheats that allow you to hunt without armour, using your brain to hit 100% in pvp, observing the 'waves' and only killing the mobs when is the right time!(not just grinding as all other average Joe), learning to fly faster than others and tons of other little things that get you ahead of competition.
Is not something that you could not do, everybody could have done it and it makes perfect sense that if you allow to reset the points you also reset the timer, oh snap, there is no TIMER, but there are only few years since we asked for this, so no hurry here.

This is what MA tolerates so I don't see any reason why MA would not accept this little cheat now.

If this post is sarcastic or not I don't know, you decide.

Why ? Because you could reset event every time you dont loot 5k point pumpkin in first run, if you do, then you have very big advantage over all the ohter players and should continue.

I am sure most of the top players would have done it.

If Andrey really had tried to catch 5k pumpkin I think he reseted mayhem multiple number of times but he did it only onece. As I said before - he got 5k at the end and MA can easylly check it.

Normalized score system work fine, why MA step back and used this outdated technology inconvenient for players while on Arkadia everything working just fine and all happy? Maybe cos Arkadia team thinking not only own pockets but and about players?

If Andrey really had tried to catch 5k pumpkin I think he reseted mayhem multiple number of times but he did it only onece. As I said before - he got 5k at the end and MA can easylly check it.

Normalized score system work fine, why MA step back and used this outdated technology inconvenient for players while on Arkadia everything working just fine and all happy? Maybe cos Arkadia team thinking not only own pockets but and about players?

Yes he did it only ONCE and thats where he fucked it up.
Resetting it once or multiple times... You think it would make a difference?
Who cares if he got the 5k points in the start or in the end when 40 hours MAX was allowed. It still won't make a difference since he went over 40hours spend inside the instance. The word "Combined" makes it clear enough.

Last edited:
Abandoning the mission means you lose all points earned, it doesn't mean it resets.

1) Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances

2) Do not abandon the mission! If you abandon the mission for any reason, either intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever.

There is no logical reason to warn you not to abandon mission if the timer also resets.

You know, people are different, and their brains are different, too, language barriers, and so on ... For you all is clear in this case, for someone - no. I like Andrey understood the rules differently - that the participants can reset the score/timer and start all over again like any other mission ...

I think MA should reconsider. The logical assumption to abandoning a mission is that you will start from zero. It is unusual for a timer to continue even when you abandoned the mission. It is not a normal outcome. The rules did not say anything about the timer never stopping regardless of abandoning the mission. This was perhaps unintentional. If it was the intention, then it should have been included in the warning.

I agree. It is NOT clear. I did not take part, but my assumption from the wording was that abandoning would reset you completely. I reset early on in the Arkadia event because of a couple of 'issues' which they had (one about which instances you can enter, and one lesser known one). From official clarifications, it appears you CAN take part in several categories in parallel there, so maybe their database monitoring is different? Either that or the normalized scores will be buggered up if done the Caly way.... and the timer lumps all time spent together. There is the same points lost warning, however, and I understood/understand it to mean that the time is lost too (and there you must reach a mimimum of 65hrs to qualify). It does not say as a reason that abandoning will dilute your normalized score, which would happen if the timer continues regardless of a reset.

Clarity is when you desribe a process clearly - for example: our database will monitor the time players spend in ANY of the instances during the official event time. This is not linked to any accepting or abandoning of missions and any resetting of points scores. You must not exceed xx hours in the instances if you wish to qualify for a main prize. The ammo prizes do not have the xx hour restriction, so players who overrun will still qualify for these bonuses.

Yes I agree that IF it worked the way I assumed, you could indeed abandon low scoring runs and try again. So?
However, given the apparent 'points spread dynamics' (cough), there are other considerations to factor in too if you are trying seriously to win, don't you think?

Anyway, angleshooter or not, I like rules to be genuinely clear, and although MA have improved in some aspects, event rules, mechanics and judgements are still not clear enough in my opinion. (Egg)timer anyone?

You know, people are different, and their brains are different, too, language barriers, and so on ... For you all is clear in this case, for someone - no. I like Andrey understood the rules differently - that the participants can reset the score/timer and start all over again like any other mission ...

You can try to interpret any kind of rule at any time. If one or another rule is not clear - ask yours friends who got another kind brain or dont have language barrier or write support to MA... Ask before doing, not after its too late.

Reactions: SHY
You can try to interpret any kind of rule at any time. If one or another rule is not clear - ask yours friends who got another kind brain or dont have language barrier or write support to MA... Ask before doing, not after its too late.

Don't play general after battle. Of course it's not clear. Same event styel goes on Arkadia, where abandoning the mission resets both points and time.. So it's of course easy and possible to track that, also it's quite logical to have it this way.

Who would really though that you reset only points? Yes it's maybe somehow worded in the rules, but definitely not clearly!!!!! And it's completely un-logical, to reset just points..

Again, I believe Andrey deservers a small compensation prize and MA should implement time tracker so there is no space for confusions in the future.

Don't play general after battle. Of course it's not clear. Same event styel goes on Arkadia, where abandoning the mission resets both points and time.. So it's of course easy and possible to track that, also it's quite logical to have it this way.

Who would really though that you reset only points? Yes it's maybe somehow worded in the rules, but definitely not clearly!!!!! And it's completely un-logical, to reset just points..

Again, I believe Andrey deservers a small compensation prize and MA should implement time tracker so there is no space for confusions in the future.

Out of 175+ people .... just one :rolleyes:
And he stated it himself that he has a language barrier.. So he went in without understanding the rules.

Lol even you are admitting it that he was at fault:
I know Andrey very well, unlike you(mama's boys), he works a lot IRL and have to spend time with his little daughter so he just didnt have enough time to check instance before event start.

All it was needed was a little more effort to understand the rules beforehand.

I rest my case.

Last edited:

[Originally Posted by Zayka View Post

No, it is a possible explanation for why he was caught out by something which did not affect others.

There are different ways in which anyone can be "exceptional"... more brilliant or more stupid than others ... to state just two.

I see no reason to ask friends ... all have their own opinion, what, I have to make the vote and count percentages? Its like asking for help from the people in the hall at the game who wants to be a millionaire lol
If I had plans to participate in this wonderful and undoubtedly fair event - perhaps I would have asked MA ...

Last edited:
I see no reason to ask friends ... all have their own opinion, what, I have to make the vote and count percentages? If I had plans to participate in this wonderful and undoubtedly fair event - perhaps I would have asked MA ...

The problem is that the turnaround time on a question like that can sometimes take until the end of the contest to hear back from MA. You aren't ever sure if it is one of the vacation periods for support.

The problem is that the turnaround time on a question like that can sometimes take until the end of the contest to hear back from MA. You aren't ever sure if it is one of the vacation periods for support.

So true, for example, a friend of mine has been waiting for more than a month when support will answer him and return an item that he accidentally sold in TT... Be careful with TT folks you may never see ur very expansive item again!

So true, for example, a friend of mine has been waiting for more than a month when support will answer him and return an item that he accidentally sold in TT... Be careful with TT folks you may never see ur very expansive item again!

Hope your friend knows it will cost around 1k to get it back? Sad to hear GL.

And he stated it himself that he has a language barrier.. So he went in without understanding the rules.

All it was needed was a little more effort to understand the rules beforehand.

I rest my case.

To be honest, I if i were competing and readed the rules i would automatically think that if you abandon, you would reset the timer too. So this came as a shock to me... So im 100% sure its not just those 175+ but way more too since those didn't trust MA to maybe reset.

And who would keep reseeting untill getting the 5k and then once u wanna do your fully 40h, by time the event is over??? Doesn't make sense!

I'm with MA compensating him fully his loss or something from his hard work as he beated many here!

In the other hand, yes he should have asked more around, but if he asked me, I would say taht timer and points reset as thats stated in rules. Thats how I see it.

Fully agrees with Rock!
Seems there are too many haters who want to see only bad things from Andrey and blame, blame, blame...

Fully agrees with Rock!
Seems there are too many haters who want to see only bad things from Andrey and blame, blame, blame...

It's not about haters.
It's about understanding something.
But looking at your posts for trying to defend him because he is your friend you seem to try to find every excuse available.
Most of them don't make any sense at all. Even when he was exploiting the system you were defending him. So this behaviour of yours explains a lot.
Even excuses like: "He works a lot IRL".

Multiple exploiting during long period (as far as I know) and trying to seem smarter than all the others, Andrey finally got a decent reward. I can speak with full confidence because I know Andrey very-very good. He was participated in my old soc and our old society collapsed with his direct participation in a desire to take (loot, earn and so on) more than others. I do not think that necessary to regret him. I think MA did what they must did. My opinion - MA just should restrict possibilities to abandon this mission. Those who abandon HM mission would be not eligible to take it again. This is easiest solution for all similar cases.

1st - Rules are not 100% clear, many non-native english speakers can misunderstand this (...)

It would be only fair to at least compensate him a little. Again, just because rules can be easily misinterpreted by non-native speaker. Come on MA you can do that!

Can you give an alternate interpretation of these rules, that is because of different language grammatics that isn't too far fetched?

1) Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances

2) Do not abandon the mission! If you abandon the mission for any reason, either intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever.

As a non native English speaker, I make the following interpretation:
1) You can be at most 40 hours in the Halloween event instances.
2)
. a) A direct call not to abandon the mission. If you "disobey" this, ie you do abandon the mission despite the wording telling you not to abandon it, you have taken responsibility for the repercussions.
. b) If you do abandon the mission all Points earned will be lost forever. Note that it doesn't tell anything about the 40 hours, or even if you are allowed to sign up for mission again.

To assist, here is a google translation into russian:
1) Каждый участник ограничено до максимум 40 часов в случаях Хеллоуина

2) Не отказаться от миссии! Если вы отказываетесь от миссию по любой причине, намеренно или случайно, все очки, заработанные до этого момента, будут потеряны навсегда.

Translating russian-swedish, and Swedish-English (all using google translate) gives following English text again:

1) Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours for Halloween(*)

2) Do not give up the mission! If you give up the assignment for any reason, either deliberately or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever.

(*) In Swedish, the first paragraph became a bit odd, because it translated "Haloween event instances" Word-by-Word (translation became something unlegible like "in case Halloween"). Though, if you sign up for the mission, you probably was aware what "Halloween event" and "instance" ment in this context.

Again, the thing that was unclear, was if the timers were reset if you abandoned the mission as it abandoned the Points; but paragraph 2 above says the Points gets reset; and without mentioning about compensation for loss of time within the 40 hour time frame.

I can agree with the need for a timer, especially if things happen like server-downs, disconnects and other unforseen events that makes it hard to Clock exactly how much time you have consumed. Maybe it's hard to make a "realtime timer" though.

My guess is that MA keeps a log of 1) The time you enter the instance and 2) The time you exit the instance, or the server detects you are not in instance anymore; and add this together for a time-frame during the event. It's also very likely, that this logging can't "see" when you signed up for mission and when you abandoned it; so theoretcially you can sign up for mission and abandon it as many times as yo like; nevertheless the time that will be used will be the sum of the time you have been inside the instance between a certain start-time and a end-time.

If you now read the rules again, and Think about how MA would time it with access to server logs, it makes sense that restarting mission wouldn't automatically give you "additional time" (more than 40 hours inside the event time frame).

Last edited:
I'll tell you one thing Andy. how you managed soс and your attitude towards people has meant that your social simply disintegrated.

I'll tell you one thing Andy. how you managed soс and your attitude towards people has meant that your social simply disintegrated.

Unfortunately, the disintegration began to happen after your joining to our society and joining players from CCCP society to our Weekend Mayhem events. But this is the past. This will not happen again.

Rules; said:
Do not abandon the mission! If you abandon the mission for any reason, either intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever.
Remind me, why do we still have this option available?

Was there some brainstorm by devs that resulted in the bright idea of:
'Yeah, players will totally want to lose their points at a certain stage, so let's keep this option available!'

I think this option only makes sense to remain available if it offers some kind of return. To me, it only makes sense if it resets the mission completely (score & time).

but maybe that's just me.. :)

Remind me, why do we still have this option available?

Was there some brainstorm by devs that resulted in the bright idea of:
'Yeah, players will totally want to lose their points at a certain stage, so let's keep this option available!'

I think this option only makes sense to remain available if it offers some kind of return. To me, it only makes sense if it resets the mission completely (score & time).

but maybe that's just me.. :)

Or maybe to be able to use the existing mission system!

Or maybe to be able to use the existing mission system!
Are you saying that in order to be able to use the existing mission system, the participants need to abandon the mission? and lose all their points? :)

Are you saying that in order to be able to use the existing mission system, the participants need to abandon the mission? and lose all their points? :)

Code:

How else could you interpret my post? :O

Code:

How else could you interpret my post? :O

Your message is clear! What is not clear, is what it implies! :)

There's 2 types of participants in the Halloween Mayhem: The ones that do it for fun (not for the prizes), and the ones that compete for the prizes.

If a participant is not in for the prizes nor the competition, he can simply continue using the mission system for as long as it exists. He doesn't need the option 'Abandon Mission' for that!
(unless you tell me that the system blocks the entrance after a certain period of time, which would imply that the system could actually count time, which according to devs... it cannot)

If a particpant is there for the prizes, he also cannot use the option to 'Abandon Mission' because he will lose all his points!

That's why I think that having the option to 'Abandon Mission AND Lose Points' only makes sense if it would reset the mission completely (score & time). Otherwise, it's not needed!

There's 2 types of participants in the Halloween Mayhem: The ones that do it for fun (not for the prizes), and the ones that compete for the prizes.

If a participant is not in for the prizes nor the competition, he can simply continue using the mission system for as long as it exists. He doesn't need the option 'Abandon Mission' for that!
(unless you tell me that the system blocks the entrance after a certain period of time, which would imply that the system could actually count time, which according to devs... it cannot)

If a particpant is there for the prizes, he also cannot use the option to 'Abandon Mission' because he will lose all his points!

That's why I think that having the option to 'Abandon Mission AND Lose Points' only makes sense if it would reset the mission completely (score & time). Otherwise, it's not needed!

And i still think the options is there just because they use the existing mission system that is already implemented in the game. No other reason.
Definitely not for being abused by "angleshooters".

I may remember wrong but.. from what i know there is no timer in current mission-system..thats why there is no reset of time..

Back