Entropia and The Chosen Avatars

Status
I've never believed in 'chosen avatars' and believe that you make your own luck. Then again, what is considered luck or misfortune by one person may be different from another.

I do believe however that MindArk recognises the contribution made to by certain avatars/accounts to EU's development and the community in general, regardless of their nationality. I would expect MindArk to want to look after its best customers, but how they do that... well that's open to debate. Certainly it can be rather suspicious that some avatars appear to "get all the good stuff" but it is what it is.

As mentioned by someone earlier in this thread, this would be a good opportunity for an official to actually comment on this kind of issue to put rumours or suspicions to bed. It would do far better to show they're conscious of such discussions and sentiments among the community than not. I'm just staggered that they don't interact and communicate with us more often in this regard.

Steveyneo;3432279 I'm just staggered that they don't interact and communicate with us more often in this regard.[/QUOTE said:
I have put a poll up about this.

Why not create a chosen one index:

from entropedia:

highest loot x years played / total loot

in my case:

2588 x 11 years / 112836 = 0.252= 25,2 percent chance to be a chosen one.

Star:

112890 x 11? years / 3 467 273 = 0.358 = 35,8 percent chance to be a chosen one.

Last edited:
Why not create a chosen one index ...
Damn that's a seriously funny idea! :laugh:

Here's mine:
2440 x 8 years / 334 497 = 5.8 % chance to be The Chosen One

I didn't use EL for years when it came out, and before it came out there's also years. We prolly should use time spent on tracker not the total time ingame, would give more truthful results?
(Althou, it's fun either way :) )

Damn that's a seriously funny idea! :laugh:

Here's mine:
2440 x 8 years / 334 497 = 5.8 % chance to be The Chosen One

I didn't use EL for years when it came out, and before it came out there's also years. We prolly should use time spent on tracker not the total time ingame, would give more truthful results?
(Althou, it's fun either way :) )

yeah that's true... and it's not very scientific either way..

I was chosen to lay dead at the rig most of the time cuz pedcard empty after another bad date with the crafting machine. Does that count for something?:laugh:

"There is no such thing as luck".

This was a direct quote from a post from Marco Behrmann.I even used it as my siggie for a long time
I've looked for this post but have been unable to find it.
I'm coming up on 10 years in game and have found 8 Towers (2 not recorded on tracker) full esi,loads and loads of xx+ mining finds lol ive even been called a "chosen" by soc m8s over the years...but no im not a "chosen" but i firmly believe there are certain toons that have something extra going for them.
Wether its time of avatar creation,deposits made or cycled peds,Hand of God(MA) even in game Fame that generate exceptional returns/items.
This game has never had an even playing field and never will have.
my2pecs.
Zed

Why not create a chosen one index:

from entropedia:

in my case:

2588 x 11 years / 112836 = 0.252= 25,2 percent chance to be a chosen one.

Star:

112890 x 11? years / 3 467 273 = 0.358 = 35,8 percent chance to be a chosen one.

Oh god lol... first of all the equation is wrong cause you aren't moving the decimal the same number of times, per each person, if we go by hers then you would have 1.1% as hers is a 7 figure number not a 6 figure. That or she has a 346% chance but I prefer to deal with 100% as it makes more sense.

Based on that then...

700 x 11 years / 7700 = 0.007% ( rounded ) = 0.01%

But guess what still equals 0 F***s given, still playing, still having a good time. ^^

http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?270-Ask-MindArk

Devils Lawyer... :vampire:

Is certain for MA to can create in every new VU tons of bugs and make thousands of grammar mistakes in game but never and im very sure, to ruin this great game for few "chosen avatars" ... :yup:

I'm coming up on 10 years in game and have found 8 Towers (2 not recorded on tracker) full esi,loads and loads of xx+ mining finds lol ive even been called a "chosen" by soc m8s over the years...but no im not a "chosen" but i firmly believe there are certain toons that have something extra going for them.
Wether its time of avatar creation,deposits made or cycled peds,Hand of God(MA) even in game Fame that generate exceptional returns/items.

:lolup: Mostly i believe is to happen something like that... :wise:

I remember my old games (any genre) where when with other players doing same things/missions/boss they get the best artifacts/bonus...so ...and in there games the company had and help "chosen ones" ?

Anyway MA need to give some answers to community and the better place to make ur questions is the :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?270-Ask-MindArk

Faceof is dynamic...:wtg:
Faceof...:cool:

Chosen ones... funny concept, just like Lootius, god of loot.

Of course they are real! Believe.... BELIEVE.... BELIEEEEEEEVVVEEEE...

But I don't see why anyone that believes in this theory is complaining. Even if it was true, then get chosen. :wtg:

I played 7+ years, ( 7 years on that account, 11 years total ) deposited 10k USD$, 200k+ skills nothing spectacular or amazing, but the girl I dated rl and lived with deposited maybe 1k'ish and played about a year, had roughly 70k some skills, before hitting a 20k feff, while playing next to me in same room. I by the way never hit anything over 1k ped!

So I tt'ed everything dumped it all into hunting high lost it all, rage quit f'10'ed, etc etc... started an account got pissed again, when they deleted UL items out of trade terminal when I had just built a newcomer help program around opalo's as there was no mentor system at the time. rage quit f'10'ed, etc etc...

Here we are... Today.

Still playing.. and now that I have stopped giving a damn about looting, loots been decent, I lose my ass some days, but I also know that most of those players with a few exceptions that seem to hit all these rare items are grinding their mother f'ing fingers to the bone every dull day on mobs that are essentially the same mechanic with a different graphic and inflated numbers.

A lot of these chosen avatars put more work, dull, tedious, calculated, boring, INTELLEGENT!!!! WORK!!! in a week then some players have in their entire play time. Some of it is RND, the rest is grind, calculated risk and work, grind, work... rinse, repeat, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Believe what you like... I am not here to change your mind otherwise.. whether it is MA's chosen fanboys, or Loot Gods, or simply credit card ubers... Doesn't matter what, doesn't change the result. All you should be concerned about is having fun... and if you aren't having fun you are doing it wrong. So switch it up, make a friend, don't even count how much ped you lose or don't lose, or even profit just pew pew instead of Q.Q

Do with with your friends, do it with your neighbors, do it in the living room or in the bedroom or even in the kitchen... and while your doing it have fun, forget what you aren't getting, focus on what you do!

May Lootius be with you!

Sorry for off-topic but I'm puzzled... things just do not add up in that story...

7 years, $10k, 200k skills.... and this results?

IF you are not poser and are telling truth, then can you share your definition of "playing game" for 7 years?

Sorry for off-topic but I'm puzzled... things just do not add up in that story...

7 years, $10k, 200k skills.... and this results?

IF you are not poser and are telling truth, then can you share your definition of "playing game" for 7 years?

First of all I typo'ed my apologies, 11+ years. Second of all, you linked to my current account, not my old one I was referencing to. Why is it that people are so jaded that everyone who doesn't share spreadsheets of every run, and have a time stamped account with 9 stamina is a poser?

All I have to say on that... at this point done past caring.

Hello green dot, what's up?
Ah just afkish until i find new green dots to loot.
But what is there is not green dot and is not red dot maybe someone lagging to respawn at revival?
Ah The White Dot - is there for a while. He decided to leave this world and go talk to lootius about how to create ped.
Is boring waiting here but maybe, just maybe we get rewarded latter.
All common mortals are able to buy peds by depositing, some also to earn them but once he will be back with knowledge from lootius we will be more equal, we will be even more equal than MindArk who is only one able to create ped until now.
So waiting and hoping - well except he is one of MA.

Last edited:
I'll believe in this sort of tinfoilhat conspiracy AFTER any of the past or present volunteer forum mods, or any of the past or present volunteer Advisers, get unexpectedly good loots.

(PS: As I'm in both categories, if MindArk would just stuff an UL laser rifle maxed around L50 into one of the mobs I've been hunting for iron missions, that would be really appreciated! :girl:
Not holding my breath though . . .)

------------------------------------
/mod note/

There's been many accusations in the past about this or that player being MindArk's 'chosen' one.
No doubt there will be more in the future, human nature being what it is.

And every chance that those 'chosen' ones, once whatever combination of factors that gave them good results for a period ends, will later come along and post about how some other 'chosen' one is now getting more than their 'fair share'.

So, complain as you will anyway about how unfair it is that you're not currently one of the 'chosen'.
But accusing individual players or MindArk staff of complicity in some sort of planned illegal activity isn't acceptable.

I have to AGREE..
Sadly,I have seen you in Icarus, Creator Of Ped..and it is not like the old days.I do believe in what you are trying to do,but as I seen ........it is not always wanted or took advantage when it is offered at times,with the nowadays games and the mentality with the instant gratification might be reason and just the saturation of games and choices out now.EU has become a dinosaur so to speak. I help when I can..to who seeks it,but very rare. I hope you never lose your inspiration/enthusiasm and if you ever need help..just message me.
(I know that was off topic..but the one I wanted to tell you that on was locked)

Last edited:
"All avatars begin at the same level with equal opportunities to develop a personality, skills and even a career within the virtual world. An avatar carries over two hundred attributes including strength, stamina, intelligence and flexibility. The attributes and skills are enhanced and improved by using them. In this way, the characteristics of the avatar develop individually, depending on the users ’ interests and which activities they choose to pursue in the virtual world."

We all started PE/EU not knowing what was ahead of us. Some have been more fortunate than others. End of.

Envy surely is a bitch.

Perhaps instead of whining about who might be the chosen of the month/year, one should consider talking to them and learning about what they may be doing that could, in whole or part, make your game play more sustainable.

I am chosen....to play this game and have fun....regardless of what is happening with others. None of my business and dont really care as long as those first two requirements are met.:yup:

Its hostile forum witch didn't want forum users, witch sold all users like pigs in stable to this forum and blocked all accounts there.

No, that is not what happened. It was only the name that was sold. This forum that you are visiting now IS the original entropiaforum. Only the name of this forum is changed when the name was sold.

Here is my two pec, for what its worth.

If I thought that MA gave specific people specific loot, (e.g. ath's, unlimited uber items) no way would i play this game. That would just be idiotic on my part.

However I do believe the following is possible.

- MA, i am sure, would make all employees sign a confidentiality form. There is nothing stopping an employee telling a friend of a friend. This weekend go hunt x mob as they have put good items in it.

This doesn't make MA favor an avatar. They would be favoring an individual. That avatar would have the same chance of looting the special item as any other avatar shooting that mob.

If this does happen, and i would be stupid to think it has 'never' happened. This would not affect my avatar per-se. As i believe all avatars are created equally.

The other thing MA can obviously do, is insert big loot, I don't think they can control who gets it, (Again i wouldn't play if they did), but they can definitely make a big loot happen on a whim. This was shown when they had a TV person here, (i forget exact details). And while they were on, just a few minutes, there happened to be one of the biggest mining finds in PE history, which also just happened to be a big round number.

Given the above, imao, my avatar is created equally. MA do not favor different avatars. Otherwise i wouldn't play.

What i wouldn't be surprised with, they find it difficult to control an employee telling their friends something that may give them an advantage. Or the loot boss let slip something he really shouldn't have done to the cleaner...etc

Rgds

Ace

No, that is not what happened. It was only the name that was sold. This forum that you are visiting now IS the original entropiaforum. Only the name of this forum is changed when the name was sold.

Mindbuster sold this forum to 711 and 711 sold it to SEE, now actual owner is MA, in between we lost Ask developers (MA) section of forum, what are you talking about?

Here is my two pec, for what its worth.

If I thought that MA gave specific people specific loot, (e.g. ath's, unlimited uber items) no way would i play this game. That would just be idiotic on my part.

However I do believe the following is possible.

- MA, i am sure, would make all employees sign a confidentiality form. There is nothing stopping an employee telling a friend of a friend. This weekend go hunt x mob as they have put good items in it.

This doesn't make MA favor an avatar. They would be favoring an individual. That avatar would have the same chance of looting the special item as any other avatar shooting that mob.

If this does happen, and i would be stupid to think it has 'never' happened. This would not affect my avatar per-se. As i believe all avatars are created equally.

The other thing MA can obviously do, is insert big loot, I don't think they can control who gets it, (Again i wouldn't play if they did), but they can definitely make a big loot happen on a whim. This was shown when they had a TV person here, (i forget exact details). And while they were on, just a few minutes, there happened to be one of the biggest mining finds in PE history, which also just happened to be a big round number.

Given the above, imao, my avatar is created equally. MA do not favor different avatars. Otherwise i wouldn't play.

What i wouldn't be surprised with, they find it difficult to control an employee telling their friends something that may give them an advantage. Or the loot boss let slip something he really shouldn't have done to the cleaner...etc

Rgds

Ace

Sounds like you just described 'scannergate', 'deedgate' or perhaps the admission by the Theryon War guy about letting his staff play with their own personal avatars when the planet was still going to be developed and in the development phase? Or perhaps any number of other similar situations that has happened and been documented over the years.

Just remember Neverdie's words (which he subsequently removed from his forum after the fact, probably for reasons such as the ones discussed in this thread)
Once and for all who determines items that drop in RT/NI loot is it MA or NDS (For example if you wanted to add A-3 punisher MKII to drop from Forum trolls is it you guys or MA who would add this)
We determine which Mobs drop which items, that is essential for game design, we don’t control how or when, so we can’t predict when something will drop
The how or when is claimed to not be known, but if a PP knows what VU that a change will happen to a loot table they themselves created... well then... scannergate.

and... yes, it does affect your avatar 'per se' since your avatar is no longer able to loot the rare item that someone else's avatar looted if it's been removed from the lootpool available.

As far as the NDA stuff goes... we can think MS9, someone who used to be a regular avatar like you or I that then worked for a PP and now no longer does, and who finally no longer plays at all from what I understand, for revealing more about that than any PP or MA ever has so far...

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Last edited:
Mindbuster sold this forum to 711 and 711 sold it to SEE, now actual owner is MA, in between we lost Ask developers (MA) section of forum, what are you talking about?
Not sure why this line of stuff is still on here since it's off topic...???...

Sounds like you just described 'scannergate', 'deedgate' or perhaps the admission by the Theryon War guy about letting his staff play with their own personal avatars when the planet was still going to be developed and in the development phase? Or perhaps any number of other similar situations that has happened and been documented over the years.

Just remember Neverdie's words (which he subsequently removed from his forum after the fact, probably for reasons such as the ones discussed in this thread)

The how or when is claimed to not be known, but if a PP knows what VU that a change will happen to a loot table they themselves created... well then... scannergate.

and... yes, it does affect your avatar 'per se' since your avatar is no longer able to loot the rare item that someone else's avatar looted if it's been removed from the lootpool available.

As far as the NDA stuff goes... we can think MS9, someone who used to be a regular avatar like you or I that then worked for a PP and now no longer does, and who finally no longer plays at all from what I understand, for revealing more about that than any PP or MA ever has so far...

I really don't have a clue what you are trying to say here. And how it compares to what i said.

I was pointing out, human nature doesn't change. And people trying to get an edge will never change. All i care, is that i believe every avatar has the same chance as every other avatar.
Knowledge is something completely different, as i pointed out in the last post.

TO PUT IT SIMPLY:
-All avatars are created equally.
-It is the people behind it that make a difference.

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:

It's you who created this extremely ugly web site?

You should be really ashamed, if not for the content, just for the design..

I remember one Halloween Mayhem where there was a big issue with *Mob Trapping*.

You could drag the Count Vamp to fence and he would not go unreachable, that meant ANY player ANY level could drag a Cat 5 Vamp or Lower to the fence and kill it.

Once people found out you could loot Lifesteal Cloaks, 2 ubers made a sell out thread threatening to sell out if the bug didn't get fixed.

I believe they were totally justified to do so, HOWEVER

Few Days after the sell out thread, both Ubers Looted Herman ASI TEN Editions

When other players pressured one of them saying it was given to them they said, " If someone give you a tip that XXXX mobs are dropping them, and they go and loot one you are lucky "

So *Ace* seems to be the closest to what could actually be happening in my opinion.

Mindark answer:

lol_941628.jpg

Now the last 5 uber items looted to the same player (but hey, its dynamic!)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Wow big gz too Linzey :)

Do people still doubt about the guy who is working with MA? :scratch2:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just see on the coming VU what else he and his group knows and enjoy watching the show :ahh:

Linzey is the Marcus Calendar of Items! :dunno:

Status
Back