Entropia and The Chosen Avatars

Status

e-lite

Society
Magnum Opus
Xaero e-lite Cynque
Quite often I see conspiracy theories about MindArk supposedly have some “chosen avatars” that has all the luck, gets all the good loot and wins all contests. Also in this conspiracy theory it is often mentioned that these privileged Avatars are from Sweden.

I want to take this opportunity to point out some logical an obvious factors.

To start with, Entropia is a Swedish game, and when it was launched it hit mostly swedes first, before it slowly spread to other parts of the world. When I started to play Entropia, soon 13 years ago, a big majority of the players were in fact swedes.

Some of these Swedish players are still around today, and that is also why a few of the most successful players in the game are swedes. Not all, but some.

Anyhow, regardless of country of origin, something that people need to understand is that these so called “chosen players” has been around for 12-13 years and played more or less constantly. It is also important to understand that these “chosen players” are pioneers, they have very often taken huge economical risks by investing large money into equipment that had an uncertain future. Such items which today has the “Ancient” status as an example. They have placed big money into building the first operational hangar and being first avatars in space, not knowing if it would pay out. Payed millions of PEDs in Land Areas. Gambled 700.000 PED on an Atrox Egg that nobody knew what would happen to, and so on.

Also worth to consider is that some of these legendary players has spent more than 10.000 hours in game to achieve their current success.

I mean sure Mindark like these players because they are excellent role models and PR for the game, but do they get a free ride from Mindark? I can bet you they don’t.

That is my 2 pec.

Much Love, Xaero e-lite

I've healed some of these guys and they turn over a lot of ped, to the point of insanity :D.

We see the upsides only, competition win, HOF or whatever; not the loss streaks.

I do feel abit for Star though tbh, but i'm sure his time will come round.

To start with, Entropia is a Swedish game, and when it was launched it hit mostly swedes first, before it slowly spread to other parts of the world. When I started to play Entropia, soon 13 years ago, a big majority of the players were in fact swedes.

When i start arround 13 years ago i have not see a big majority of swedes player but player from everywhere.... and they are a lot of uber player who actually start 13 year ago and who dont have the succes of few irl ma friends player. I have nothing about succefully sweden player but see player with close MA irl relation having a incredible luck is really strange but it's how it's work since the beginning. I can cite several players over the last 13 years who have been an incredible luck and many of them have or had a close relationship with the staff of ma and few of them are not sweden just friend ...

Last edited:
I make no apologies for my incredible luck.

When i start arround 13 years ago i have not see a big majority of swedes player but player from everywhere.... and they are a lot of uber player who actually start 13 year ago and who dont have the succes of few irl ma friends player. I have nothing about succefully sweden player but see player with close MA irl relation having a incredible luck is really strange but it's how it's work since the beginning. I can cite several players over the last 13 years who have been an incredible luck and many of them have or had a close relationship with the staff of ma and few of them are not sweden just friend ...

Maybe you and me hung out at different places. Back then every other guy I knew came from Sweden. How ever, that was not really the point. Not even Mindark Employees are given any favoritism other than that they have 500-1000 PED allowance for free to play the game for in testing purposes.

Maybe you and me hung out at different places..
Yep in old day all each nation have his place in game if i remember sweden meet at atlas, french at nymph... and their is less way to comunicate only 1 forum (entropia pionner) common to everyone.

Not even Mindark Employees are given any favoritism other than that they have 500-1000 PED allowance for free to play the game for in testing purposes.
i agree Mindark employee have no favoritism but some friend of them got at least some info before everyone (and i'm 200% sur of that). Now luck can't explain everything for recent (or old) event. But again we can talk about that for years and nothing will change it's how MA work since the beginning.

Reactions: jak
There have been several polls during the years, asking where people are from in this and previous forums. Sweden, USA and GB Always had the most players.

And as i've posted before in halloween thread, but whiners somehow totally ignore lol, this is the previous years events (Merry mayhem, Halloween Mayhem and such) that i checked from result lists. Looks like USA has most players now. Shows too doesn't it?

USA 15
NED 8*
SWE 8
NOR 4
GER 3
ROM 3
FRA 2
UK 2
DEN 2
KAZ 1
LIT 1

*Could be half Belgium there. Or even German i was told. ;)

100% agree here.

Swedish is not the main factor. I would point out the relationship the "chosens" have or had with Mindark Staff.

There is hundreds of uber players today - all cycle insane amounts of peds - But elite items and event winning is reserved to "chosens"

<removed> Over the years they come and go and since Mindark are god and can do whatever they want, since there is people to believe this is just "coincidence" or " he is uber, its normal" , nothing will ever change. Keep being blind if you want !

We should make some group that withdrawl a lot of money all together everytime a "chosen" is stealing communauty effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jak
Quite often I see conspiracy theories about MindArk supposedly have some “chosen avatars” that has all the luck, gets all the good loot and wins all contests. Also in this conspiracy theory it is often mentioned that these privileged Avatars are from Sweden.

I want to take this opportunity to point out some logical an obvious factors.

Some of these Swedish players are still around today, and that is also why a few of the most successful players in the game are swedes. Not all, but some.

Anyhow, regardless of country of origin, something that people need to understand is that these so called “chosen players” has been around for 12-13 years and played more or less constantly. It is also important to understand that these “chosen players” are pioneers, they have very often taken huge economical risks by investing large money into equipment that had an uncertain future. Such items which today has the “Ancient” status as an example. They have placed big money into building the first operational hangar and being first avatars in space, not knowing if it would pay out. Payed millions of PEDs in Land Areas. Gambled 700.000 PED on an Atrox Egg that nobody knew what would happen to, and so on.

Also worth to consider is that some of these legendary players has spent more than 10.000 hours in game to achieve their current success.

I mean sure Mindark like these players because they are excellent role models and PR for the game, but do they get a free ride from Mindark? I can bet you they don’t.

That is my 2 pec.

Much Love, Xaero e-lite

I agree with most of what you say; however, I can't say I'm 100% in agreement on the part about no free ride. You must know and understand that this is coming from one of those "pioneers" who is at the top of this virtual universe. Just using common math knowledge, anyone in their right mind can see that something is not right with the current "luck" of a certain unnamed player. There's a point where luck can't explain what's happened in the past 2-3 years. I'm 100% sure that it isn't because I lack skills (like 650-700k skills atm and 355 HP). It isn't due to lack of DPS/Armor/Buffs. If I sound salty, I am. Who wouldn't be in this situation? It has happened too many times in a row recently.

You can say I'm bitter or crying about it, but I don't think you can argue with the fact that I've had the most globals combined in all events in the past 3 years. Sure, I wasn't top globals or DPS in a few where the terminator participated. How is it that with 294 globals during the Robot Mayhem and 205 for the next best (Stryker), I managed to be 2nd behind him? No one else was even close. How is it that during this Halloween Mayhem, I had like 33-50% more globals than anyone and placed 7th? How is it that during the Christmas Mayhem event for the past 2 years, the three people with the 25% bonus for araneatrox just happened to be the 3 people surrounding me in average points per hour? (EMW - didn't finish his 40 hours somehow, Nadie - beat me by 18 points, and Linzey - got 2nd place). How is it that the year before, my highest run was 142 points and I did 51 runs with none less than 120 points and only 3 at 120-125 and still got an average of 123.xx points due to some sort of extra hour added to my score when calculating? (Thus putting hulk above me in the scoreboard and MA didn't sort it out via support after because prizes were handed out)

I realize that "luck" can be a factor; however, I can't believe that I have this much "unluck". Look at the post I made about the items looted recently by a certain player? I was there for all of them pretty much. I'm more skilled, more dps, and less deaths. What special cheat code do you enter to make that happen?

Ok I'll try: UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, SELECT, START

Maybe my luck will turn. Maybe it won't. I don't believe that what is happening lately is luck though. I know this thread isn't about me, but I think that I'm a prime example as to why that logic DOESN'T follow. Yes, I know no one feels bad for me. I've done quite well; the difference is that I am always fighting what feels like an uphill battle vs. some sort of external "bad luck" force. Maybe I'm just going to hell...

I have learned to never assume things, assumptions are wrong and not good for your health. But I personally also find the amount of luck of the given avatar (you can also say group of people) really strange..

Like, nothing like that ever really happened in Entropia before. And it's going on for some time already.

Maybe they are just that lucky, but then, you know the saying, "luck in game, no luck in love".

Also if they really cheat? Karma is a biatch and hits sooner or later, so I sleep well.

Pecka

3 items to one person isn't that strange or new.
I remember the SGA year: Skippie's Golden Age.

Anyway i'd like to think i'm a blessed avatar, does that count too?

this is a perfect example, where (imho) mindark should do their community homework and make a statement about this issue.

rumours like this are very damaging to the game, and demotivating for all players, who feel like they aren't treated equal in this universe.

also mindark is adding fuel to the fire by showing over and over again, that they aren't willing to code a proper item injector loot algorithm (see boxes and UL rings for example - some lucky or "chosens" get a handful UL rings in a few minutes from a very small amount of boxes, while others don't get a single one opening FUCKING THOUSANDS of them.)

this is a perfect example, where (imho) mindark should do their community homework and make a statement about this issue.

rumours like this are very damaging to the game, and demotivating for all players, who feel like they aren't treated equal in this universe.

also mindark is adding fuel to the fire by showing over and over again, that they aren't willing to code a proper item injector loot algorithm (see boxes and UL rings for example - some lucky or "chosens" get a handful UL rings in a few minutes from a very small amount of boxes, while others don't get a single one opening FUCKING THOUSANDS of them.)

I am not sure about the boxes, RNG can be ultimately evil. In every game where there are some kind of loot boxes, you have people that looted XX rare items, and people that opened thousands and have not got anything decent.

You really need to pray to RNGjesus here :)

So from my experience from different games, it's just highly possible that several people got several UNL rings and some people have never got any even they opened 100 times more boxes.

EDIT: Also one common rule with RNG boxes where items from them can be as well bought, is go and buy the item you want, never assume you are going to loot it (example CS:GO weapons ;))

This is so true -

They need to respond. People are staring to lose confidence. In a "luck" based event how is it possible that one person is lucky three years in a row. It stinks.

In my time (joined 2007) I have had some luck....I think I'm up to 4-5 5 digit loots now.....the largest of which was 20k atrox young (see link in my siggie below for top 3 loots) but I can safely say that all of those loots combined have been bought and paid for by way of my deposits. That and then a fare bit more.

To the truely lucky players, gratz!!! To those of you who have bought and paid for their loot, gratz to you too! Glad I'm not the only one LOL

XZC

Just for the record:

-I have never felt that there was regional player favoritism, this includes Swedish player favoritism.

-I have never felt that there was big-deposit favoritism; many players never deposited and were somehow "chosen", while others who deposited huge-time were not "chosen".

-I have never felt that players who had closer relationships with MindArk were "chosen" because of that.

However, I have seen far too many instances of n00b players joining the game and having incredible luck; no, not just one global or HOF, but a lasting string of them, which can often run for months. I've seen it umpteen times where "particular avatarname suchandsuch" globals on various different mobs, then HOFs on a mining claim, and scores while crafting, too. This kind of "luck" is impossible to be attributed to randomness.

This statistically impossible "luck" has nothing to do with region, amount of deposit, or MA relationship. It has to do with something in the code granting that particular avatar an unrealistic predisposition to "get lucky", not just once, but time and time again. If it's all based on sine waves, then perhaps avatars like that have an unusually frequently-occurring "high tide" in the sine wave, and/or a longer period of time while in the "high tide". The reverse is also true.

I spent 2-and-a-half years grinding Atraxes & Biffs/Maffs back in the old days trying to loot a ML-35 or Camo Arms, which weren't even uber items back then, while other players would score 2 or 3 in a week. My statistical probability to "loot what I wanted" by sheer grinding was far, far below what certain other players experienced. (This was before L weapons, SIB bonuses, and I was hunting with MKV and M2875 so I had a pretty good DPS back then, I wasn't plinking with gopher guns like MK2 and Outbacko. I even had a Mod Merc for a while.)

This, and Star Mercury's experiences with HM, make me reject the theory that pure DPS wins the day. There's still some flaw in the avatar-based code that predisposes a certain few--perhaps only at the extreme ends of the bell curve--for statistically impossible "luck" or "bad luck".

As always, I've put "luck" in quotes because I don't believe in luck, in this game.

Last edited:
100% agree here.

Swedish is not the main factor. I would point out the relationship the "chosens" have or had with Mindark Staff.

There is hundreds of uber players today - all cycle insane amounts of peds - But elite items and event winning is reserved to "chosens"

<removed> Over the years they come and go and since Mindark are god and can do whatever they want, since there is people to believe this is just "coincidence" or " he is uber, its normal" , nothing will ever change. Keep being blind if you want !

We should make some group that withdrawl a lot of money all together everytime a "chosen" is stealing communauty effort.

<removed> Even if support telling u, "no there is no such ava based luck" or what ever they may say (I strongly don't and didn't believe in such, but the facts talk and I have to give up in believing that there is no such thing as luck based after the facts started to talk. Other avatars are cursed, whether u like it or not). I say this because im still believing all are equal and what im saying wont make me a cursed ava, I have some hope there still. But ahhh the facts keep talking omg:scratch2:

The fact is, support knows or don't know doesn't matter. <removed> So they can just STFU and not make more lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who live in England, and whose names begin with S, are the chosen few to not get anything at all. Ever.

Those who live in England, and whose names begin with S, are the chosen few to not get anything at all. Ever.

And whos name begins with T too.... :p

I am sure if someone created a petition for investigation on-line and linked it....the ones who are concerned can sign it and im sure if it generates enough sigs, maybe more than just the back hand paid swedish gaming authority what not can look into all the facts and come to conclusion???

I am sure there is something here in the u.k and u.s where if a petition gets more than a certain amount of sigs the govt itself orders for an enquiry to be done...please correct me if i am wrong.....

I am sure if someone created a petition for investigation on-line and linked it....the ones who are concerned can sign it and im sure if it generates enough sigs, maybe more than just the back hand paid swedish gaming authority what not can look into all the facts and come to conclusion???

I am sure there is something here in the u.k and u.s where if a petition gets more than a certain amount of sigs the govt itself orders for an enquiry to be done...please correct me if i am wrong.....

There is one in the UK but takes 10k signatures to get a "personal response", and 100k to get brought up in parliament.

https://www.gov.uk/petition-government

So i think perhaps is a non starter :D.

However if you actively seek a MP and have a good case ( if they are interested for party gain or whatever), they will take up issues direct with the government. Somehow though i don't think allocation of virtual goods through a competition mechanism is on their agenda :D .

I agree with most of what you say; however, I can't say I'm 100% in agreement on the part about no free ride. You must know and understand that this is coming from one of those "pioneers" who is at the top of this virtual universe. Just using common math knowledge, anyone in their right mind can see that something is not right with the current "luck" of a certain unnamed player. There's a point where luck can't explain what's happened in the past 2-3 years. I'm 100% sure that it isn't because I lack skills (like 650-700k skills atm and 355 HP). It isn't due to lack of DPS/Armor/Buffs. If I sound salty, I am. Who wouldn't be in this situation? It has happened too many times in a row recently.

You can say I'm bitter or crying about it, but I don't think you can argue with the fact that I've had the most globals combined in all events in the past 3 years. Sure, I wasn't top globals or DPS in a few where the terminator participated. How is it that with 294 globals during the Robot Mayhem and 205 for the next best (Stryker), I managed to be 2nd behind him? No one else was even close. How is it that during this Halloween Mayhem, I had like 33-50% more globals than anyone and placed 7th? How is it that during the Christmas Mayhem event for the past 2 years, the three people with the 25% bonus for araneatrox just happened to be the 3 people surrounding me in average points per hour? (EMW - didn't finish his 40 hours somehow, Nadie - beat me by 18 points, and Linzey - got 2nd place). How is it that the year before, my highest run was 142 points and I did 51 runs with none less than 120 points and only 3 at 120-125 and still got an average of 123.xx points due to some sort of extra hour added to my score when calculating? (Thus putting hulk above me in the scoreboard and MA didn't sort it out via support after because prizes were handed out)

I realize that "luck" can be a factor; however, I can't believe that I have this much "unluck". Look at the post I made about the items looted recently by a certain player? I was there for all of them pretty much. I'm more skilled, more dps, and less deaths. What special cheat code do you enter to make that happen?

Ok I'll try: UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, SELECT, START

Maybe my luck will turn. Maybe it won't. I don't believe that what is happening lately is luck though. I know this thread isn't about me, but I think that I'm a prime example as to why that logic DOESN'T follow. Yes, I know no one feels bad for me. I've done quite well; the difference is that I am always fighting what feels like an uphill battle vs. some sort of external "bad luck" force. Maybe I'm just going to hell...

I've said for years that "not everyone is created equal" I mean, how else does one ava depo 50k usd and never get anything, while a soc mate depos 5k usd and at this point has probably withdrawn 50k usd?
I truely wish everyone was created equal, would make for a more fair play.

In my time (joined 2007) I have had some luck....I think I'm up to 4-5 5 digit loots now.....the largest of which was 20k atrox young (see link in my siggie below for top 3 loots) but I can safely say that all of those loots combined have been bought and paid for by way of my deposits. That and then a fare bit more.

To the truely lucky players, gratz!!! To those of you who have bought and paid for their loot, gratz to you too! Glad I'm not the only one LOL

XZC

I'm not attacking or anything, from what I know you're a good and respected avatar. The problem here is, so many other avatars have bought and paid, too. Four or five mega 5 digit loots? I know it's not the tell all and there are other factors involved, but when I compare your tracker profile to my own, I can't help but wonder wtf? Why do you get to loot those big ones and I don't, I've cycled twice as much ped hunting, so think probably have paid my share too. Me thinks you are one of the truly lucky, or chosen ones, at least from my perspective.

I'll believe in this sort of tinfoilhat conspiracy AFTER any of the past or present volunteer forum mods, or any of the past or present volunteer Advisers, get unexpectedly good loots.

(PS: As I'm in both categories, if MindArk would just stuff an UL laser rifle maxed around L50 into one of the mobs I've been hunting for iron missions, that would be really appreciated! :girl:
Not holding my breath though . . .)

------------------------------------
/mod note/

There's been many accusations in the past about this or that player being MindArk's 'chosen' one.
No doubt there will be more in the future, human nature being what it is.

And every chance that those 'chosen' ones, once whatever combination of factors that gave them good results for a period ends, will later come along and post about how some other 'chosen' one is now getting more than their 'fair share'.

So, complain as you will anyway about how unfair it is that you're not currently one of the 'chosen'.
But accusing individual players or MindArk staff of complicity in some sort of planned illegal activity isn't acceptable.

Last edited:
Well I don't loot cool things, and tend buy things I want. I've had some fairly decent oil hofs I guess (nothing over 10K though), and I've raged dumped to tt a few times...LOL.

Although I did loot a CLD off a Phasm, and had a few ESI's in the 100's of peds over the years.

My luck on rings makes me laugh. I've only bought 2 x $50 worth boxes, I'd rather buy rings, because I just know I won't get a drop.

So I bought a Mod taming ring for +1250 (current price 600 ish)
I buy a Augmented taming ring +900 (2nd one sold in auction for +500 two days later)

I bought a few adjusted taming ring on a speculative viewpoint, lets just say that might not have been wise...ha,ha.

Although I think I might have done ok on Mod running ring, my +500 purchase price is still hanging in there.

I did manage to skill to 75 pyro and 74 laser rifle, so far during my EU life. It can't be all bad I guess. Had some fun along the way, and would probably say that 50% of my deposits were worth it for the entertainment value.

Actually even though I've never hit that big one or looted really cool uber item, I still feel a big part of the EU community still hanging in there skilling away. Maybe not as mad and crazy as I once was, because I'm a old git and tired now, and like to just plod along.

Plus I'm way past caring about loot and ATH's, or prizes, or what other people got and I didn't.

"Whatever"... as they say

Laters

Rick

Chosen ones... funny concept, just like Lootius, god of loot.

Of course they are real! Believe.... BELIEVE.... BELIEEEEEEEVVVEEEE...

But I don't see why anyone that believes in this theory is complaining. Even if it was true, then get chosen. :wtg:

I played 7+ years, ( 7 years on that account, 11 years total ) deposited 10k USD$, 200k+ skills nothing spectacular or amazing, but the girl I dated rl and lived with deposited maybe 1k'ish and played about a year, had roughly 70k some skills, before hitting a 20k feff, while playing next to me in same room. I by the way never hit anything over 1k ped!

So I tt'ed everything dumped it all into hunting high lost it all, rage quit f'10'ed, etc etc... started an account got pissed again, when they deleted UL items out of trade terminal when I had just built a newcomer help program around opalo's as there was no mentor system at the time. rage quit f'10'ed, etc etc...

Here we are... Today.

Still playing.. and now that I have stopped giving a damn about looting, loots been decent, I lose my ass some days, but I also know that most of those players with a few exceptions that seem to hit all these rare items are grinding their mother f'ing fingers to the bone every dull day on mobs that are essentially the same mechanic with a different graphic and inflated numbers.

A lot of these chosen avatars put more work, dull, tedious, calculated, boring, INTELLEGENT!!!! WORK!!! in a week then some players have in their entire play time. Some of it is RND, the rest is grind, calculated risk and work, grind, work... rinse, repeat, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Believe what you like... I am not here to change your mind otherwise.. whether it is MA's chosen fanboys, or Loot Gods, or simply credit card ubers... Doesn't matter what, doesn't change the result. All you should be concerned about is having fun... and if you aren't having fun you are doing it wrong. So switch it up, make a friend, don't even count how much ped you lose or don't lose, or even profit just pew pew instead of Q.Q

Do with with your friends, do it with your neighbors, do it in the living room or in the bedroom or even in the kitchen... and while your doing it have fun, forget what you aren't getting, focus on what you do!

May Lootius be with you!

Last edited:
Status
Back