Entropia and The Chosen Avatars

Status

There is always someone you can point at (in life as in Entropia) and say that person is more lucky than you.

I'd echo JC's comments in the earlier post, I remember in years gone by it was always WarAnts who were the lucky ones, now it seems it is WSS, In two years time it'll be different avatars and quite possibly a different society being pointed at.

[video=youtube;8EI7p2p1QJI]...In two years time it'll be different avatars and quite possibly a different society being pointed at...

*volunteers any member of Antz ...* :yay::yay:
:silly2:

Ah, I see this time it's Lindzey's turn to be publicly burned at the stake. :laugh:

"Chosen Avatars"? Anyone remember when Pham hit two ATHs in a single day? Or Dub's ruga tower of ultimate profit? Or how SuggaBABE looted a mod merc right after complaining on forum that she was gonna quit?

I've seen a lot of players proclaimed as "chosen" over the years, only to watch them never do as well again. In fact, I made a thread called Memorable Loot, chronicling cases like Stormer SIX ATH's :jawdrop: It's amazing how often those fantastic loots came with a huge amount of bitching, calls of "insider cheating" etc.

HA!!! I was thinking about the last avatar burned at the stake, Stormer! lol Unbelievable how "lucky" he was! We were thinking he left the game when he & Marco left the company! :laugh: j/k ;)

Well, as other said before - things like "this" can happen. EU is not a Lottery (can be) but a skill based "game".
Of cause there is always luck involved but today it is possible to actually grind and loot good stuff.

You have to realize that looting or winning a competition at the level we talk about is not 1/100000000. Lets say its 3-5 People actually competing. On this level is more like if those people would roll 2 dices once and the the one with the highest number wins. It is bad or good luck at such a tight event!

There is a problem:
The system that you either get all or nothing is a problem. MA already even it with good prizes for the 2nd ... x place in a competion.
Also the upgrade missions alow most people to grind for good.
I think this system of "small significant loots" should be way more enforced. Like looting important parts of Unl Weapons instead of the hole weapon... but thats more like an other suggestion by me :silly2:

I think this system of "small significant loots" should be way more enforced. Like looting important parts of Unl Weapons instead of the hole weapon... but thats more like an other suggestion by me :silly2:

That's a really cool idea, could work quite well.

After all the recent threads about preferential treatment and alleged dubious goings-on between certain avatars/accounts and the MindArk office, what are the next steps?

I believe it should be down to MindArk to make a big bold brave move and come forward with an official response and acknowledgement about what can certainly be damaging rumours and discussions among the community and set the record straight either way. Any such communication to admit past mistakes, or to set promises for the future, or to deny such allegations etc will go a long way to regaining confidence that that many of the community will have lost. The longer this goes on, the worse it becomes.

Sadly though, it's like that threads or topics like these will be forgotten about in a while and once a new feature is introduced and everyone is happy plodding along doing the same thing, until the next major disruptive circumstance takes place and this becomes another of the 'old thread' that gets brought up which never had closure.

Come on MindArk - speak up.

After all the recent threads about preferential treatment and alleged dubious goings-on between certain avatars/accounts and the MindArk office, what are the next steps?

I believe it should be down to MindArk to make a big bold brave move and come forward with an official response and acknowledgement about what can certainly be damaging rumours and discussions among the community and set the record straight either way. Any such communication to admit past mistakes, or to set promises for the future, or to deny such allegations etc will go a long way to regaining confidence that that many of the community will have lost. The longer this goes on, the worse it becomes.

Sadly though, it's like that threads or topics like these will be forgotten about in a while and once a new feature is introduced and everyone is happy plodding along doing the same thing, until the next major disruptive circumstance takes place and this becomes another of the 'old thread' that gets brought up which never had closure.

Come on MindArk - speak up.

If people doubt mindark to be honest, what exactly would it help if they said they are ?
You either trust them or you dont, but they can only loose from talking with people who dont trust them/hate them - every thing they might say would be twisted in one way or another.
Playing the game means trusting them, otherwise you shouldnt be playing.
The only way to be transparent would be running it as opensource project - a hackers/exploiters/scammers dream and certainly not practical in an rce environment.
Wake up people and think about the consequences of what you are asking...

Every company has some customers that gets special threatments/favours.. everyone knows that.

Everyone who has some form of knowledge about business knows what.

Mindark is a company that has customers and ofc they have their customers that the threated speciall. If you dont believe that you most be very ignorant.

I would be very tempted to agree the "friend that give some good advices" but that dosnt explain the fact he won halloween mayhem 3 time in 3 years. Which is supposed to be luck based. We explained it last years becoz he hadbest dps with terminator, but the fact he won that year again with a way lower dps (cdf800t9) means 5k pumpkins manually added in his loot. So his friend is very probably balancing managerbor someone that have access to loot distribution server.

I will put it this way...
For every action there's a reason.

Whenever someone sells gear or changes methods, there's a reason, even if that reason is just getting PED, its still a reason if you get me

If you didnt try a XTLC weapon i'd tell you to give it a go,
I hold atm one and ... lets say its a interesting weapon, and there's more to say to it than it is prolly shown/known

Last edited:
Well, as other said before - things like "this" can happen. EU is not a Lottery (can be) but a skill based "game".
Of cause there is always luck involved but today it is possible to actually grind and loot good stuff.

You have to realize that looting or winning a competition at the level we talk about is not 1/100000000. Lets say its 3-5 People actually competing. On this level is more like if those people would roll 2 dices once and the the one with the highest number wins. It is bad or good luck at such a tight event!

There is a problem:
The system that you either get all or nothing is a problem. MA already even it with good prizes for the 2nd ... x place in a competion.
Also the upgrade missions alow most people to grind for good.

" but a skill based "game"."

Yes the game is skill based,, but it says nothing about of some better loot only that you can use items who requiring higher lvl of your skills but it dosent mean that your chanses is better because the loot is dynamic.
The skill based games gives you also a bit lower repair costs because you can use your skills more effectively " This is the idea".
But again,,,the skills has nothing with the loot to do or the chanses of better loot.

:twocents:

" but a skill based "game"."

Its item based game.
If it would be skill based then i should perform way better with zycon fap than someone with mod fap and 80+ levels les than me.
Same go for weapons, we should see damage, accuracy, and other effects added as we progress on higher lvl but it don't give enough big effect that we can say so.
So we remain on item based game.

Reactions: das
Well, that escalated quickly!

If people doubt mindark to be honest, what exactly would it help if they said they are ?
You either trust them or you dont, but they can only loose from talking with people who dont trust them/hate them - every thing they might say would be twisted in one way or another.
Playing the game means trusting them, otherwise you shouldnt be playing.
The only way to be transparent would be running it as opensource project - a hackers/exploiters/scammers dream and certainly not practical in an rce environment.
Wake up people and think about the consequences of what you are asking...

They can regain my trust. with:
Investigate this issue, finding the black sheep in office, publicly said what happened and how it could happened, banning the concerned avatars and putting back all their items in an honest lootpool or in TGA (third golden age)

Investigate this issue, finding the black sheep in office, publicly said what happened and how it could happened, banning the concerned avatars and putting back all their items in an honest lootpool or in TGA (third golden age)

What You should investigate is your view of Life, Everything that happens isnt somebody elses fault but actually deep inside its a problem for yourself and what you do or not do.......

Learn to PLAY the game and to THINK while doing so instead of stupid harrass ingame or here on forums trying to make me look bad or the Company behind the game. Ive had enough and will ignore you and all your evil comments from now on.

//Linz

Or we can just sit and stare out of the window and watch the pigs fly by:yay:

That means that you will only be satisfied if - to speak in a metapher - 'the witch' is burned regardless if there is one or not - because if they made a statement and said they had checked and everything is working as intented you still wouldnt be pleased - they cant burn an employee every time a player does good in game for awhile and others envy him... or they would run out of staff quickly :rolleyes:

PS: They do that in politics all the time 'burning 'guilty' staff' when something went wrong - but it hardly ever is the person who really fucked it up - demanding someone to be punished for an assumption doesnt make things better - only worse while some people 'feel' better.

Or we can just sit and stare out of the window and watch the pigs fly by:yay:

Or we can keep hunting and drain the loot pool from people who stay and watch for pigs :)
No time to cry guys, go out there and skill up.

Every company has some customers that gets special threatments/favours.. everyone knows that.

Mindark is a company that has customers and ofc they have their customers that the threated speciall. If you dont believe that you most be very ignorant.

+1

Unfortunately logic and common sense go out the window when it comes to stubborn people intent on believing their favorite game is "perfect".

+1

This is a matter of course and there is nothing more to add.:tiphat:

This is one of those moments where all the ppl suddenly caught a glimpse of reality, something that doesn't quite add up with their beliefs about this game.

1. Most of the people think this game is a lottery.
    Randomness and luck are playing a big role in everything that happens so there's nothing easier then conclude it's all just one big lottery, plus a small part of trading with other players/auction to save a few peds here and there.
    Those ppl never realized how (for example) "shaking the tree" works.
    Well, it's never too late to learn. Unless u already too uber, know everything and thus don't have to learn anything.
  2. Another rather strange but quite widespread concept is "It's all fair". Or rather, "It HAS to be fair" (otherwise i'll set myself on fire and ragequit).
    There's no such thing as "fair" (or "unfair") in this universe. It's just a wishful thinking, purely human concept. In reality there's only Law Of Large Numbers, which in certain conditions can give seemingly similar results. This is only a coincidence. Reality has no idea what "fair" means, nor does it follow this "rule".

If the game was 100% fair instead of trying to mimic the reality then every loot, mining claim and click at the crafting machine would give 95% return and u would quit after few hours. Not out of rage but out of sheer boredom.

Disclaimer: If there is any kind of data leak in MA offices, this would be outrageous and totally unacceptable. I have not enough data to confirm this or rule this out. Thus i figure, it's no use to get all excited about some theoretical possibilities. The more so as i can see how these results can be achieved using the existing game mechanics.
Can you? :smoke:

problem is, atm allegations are been thrown around like it fact but with absolutly no evidence to back it up, just tinfoil hat theories.

plus trying to get players banned, items removed in a witchhunt is plain dirty

I did it - it is all my fault. I stole all the loot and lost it. :cool:

problem is, atm allegations are been thrown around like it fact but with absolutly no evidence to back it up, just tinfoil hat theories.

plus trying to get players banned, items removed in a witchhunt is plain dirty

This my friends is the main problem... We will never have all facts to backup such a claim.
Keeping this in mind and watching the rare uber loots + big loots the last 5 years does seem to point out to a rather strange distribution.
As long as we don't have all the variables in the loot equation, we can only speculate.
I personally think there is nothing wrong with it as every player can make up his/her own mind.
I did decide for myself, yes, I had some nice loots over the millions of peds I cycled BUT.... I considered this game skillbased & as I did way better with lower skills, I have no need to play anymore & I'm too pissed off about that to start with a new ava. I tried several times to get a discussion (no conversation to get specifics) going with MA about this but they refused on every try..
This is why I know for a FACT that these threads will keeep coming up.

I dont want to burn any witches.
I m very pragmatic person.
In fact, Linzey is (was?) a pretty nice person. The human nature is what it is. Maybe if i was living next to Ma office myself and had made friendship with someone from staff, i would be tempted to get favors myself, so i still dont blame him, even if everyone seems to think i do.

Of course i have no proof to argue what i say, becoz it is impossible to get proofs of such things without being very close. But as a pragmatic person i just look at facts.
It is statisticaly impossible for a single person to loot 100 % of the uber guns that looted that 2015 year (5/5) considering there is 4000 people hunting there with only basical "luck"
i do have had doubt about some people in the past 10 years, but in that specific case there cant be any doubt. Anyone that hunt our level know it. We are talking about a ful year. How many million of daspletor, count vamps, eomons, and i dont rememer what tango was looted on, have been killed that year? what are the chances that the 5 mobs that had the 5 uber weapon that year get all killed by a single avatar? NONE. I was already saying it after 3 gun, then louder after 4 guns, now after 5 guns !! how many more for people to wake up?
No hate, no whine, this year havent been that bad for me too, just FACTS !

Yeah I think because it is Linzey, he is getting WAY less hate than if it was someone else like the Joda avatar now.

Linzey IS always nice and fair to others, and it is always him behind the avatar (afaik). Unlike the crazy insane person that often uses Joda and who likes to lie and call everyone buttlickers and still tries to tell people I am a hacker. I will let you guess which of the people that use Joda that is...

So I am glad that at least it is Linzey getting all the gear, and not some other raving lunatic liar douche dipshit. :D

Edit: I am still waiting for the investigation and clear statement of the truth though before I ever depo again.

Last edited:
Status
Back