How Can Mindark Improve Commuications

How can Mindark Improve communications to their customers

• Total voters

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
Positive suggestions only please

Incidentally on appointment the new CEO advised:

Mr. Moreau offered the following view on his new role: "As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and taking advantage of their valuable feedback to make Entropia Universe a more entertaining and engaging universe. "

Last edited:
We can not ....

MA has always maintained that they can answer all questions except questions on loot.how is it then that they still avoids answering the questions at all even if the questions is not about the loot.

if we manage to get any answer and the answer is often that it can be interpreted in many different ways even if the questions is not about the loot.

logically there is nothing to do here.

:twocents:

I will do a test...Put in a question who is not about the loot.

The only unfair Advantage in the game is...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?275151-Next-Island-known-issues
Originally Posted by EMW
well....................... this is just me, as an ex member of Warants and someone who met CEO of this game and being privy to all sorts of crazy shit and haven't shared this shit with anyone until now but for fucking sure recorded..... all

am prepared to stand by what i know and can prove!!!

i dare anyone to ban me for telling the truth!!!!

Linzey was given mod evil amp bp on Skalmans say so! i have the proof!
I talking of all kinds of items who was given outside the "loot balance" in the games dynamic the items who was given by MA:s hand in private.

I want a answer on this text and it is not about the loot but outside the "loot balance" in the games dynamic the items who was given by MA:s hand in private.

I want to know all about this "private hand".

The issue has nothing to do with the game's "loot balance" to do, do you think I will find explanations

Last edited:
Where's the option...."Getting bored of all these threads." ???

Rgds

Ace

What's the reluctance to get involved? Could it be as they once said that they only expected participants to last no more than 6 months?

They can't just simply add an outsider to their board, that would be highly unlikely.
I would very much appreciate a permanent Community Manager though (not a temp one that regularly disappears after a month).

It would be extremely hard to find anyone with so much in-depth knowledge as Marco. Then again Ruby thinks he was too gay for the community where half the people are running around with opposite sex avatars... so maybe finding a suitable replacement won't be that hard afterall?

I would imagine that MindArk's idea of communication may differ to that of the community. We do receive regular support news updates and event / VU information via the main site and client loader, but none of the key community issues and concerns are presented there. These happens on the forums, of which PCF is one of them.

I don't think it can be that hard for each and every member of the MindArk team to have their own presence on at least the most active and prominent EU based forums. But who's to say they don't already? It can't take that much time to skim over the hot topics being discussed and feedback to their management and board meetings and then decide on how best to address the players.

It would be good to have some acknowledgement from MindArk of, say "those chosen ones" thread for instance (one of the current discussions going around), and did we ever get an official response about the hogglo/space skills thing and the issue with the player who endeavoured to complete a mission (and was the first to do so) but didn't receive reward for his efforts (I've totally forgotten the mission name and the guy involved but the situation was pretty piss poor)?

And what other things have flared up over the years and caused a stir among the community, only to be forgotten about and swept under the rug because we didn't have any feedback at all? I'm sure there are many of them.

If PCF is where the players are at, then MindArk need to have more of an active presence here too and make an effort to acknowledge some of the topics being discussed.

This has been like this from Day 1. Not sure how opening all of these threads is going to change that. :scratch2:

Maybe they have matured over the years :eyecrazy:

If you check 3 other planets, communication is a lot better there..
- Neverdie, is a lot ingame
- Mathias|arkadia replies a lot on arkadiaforum.com
- Kris|cyrene is also really active on cyreneforum.com

What Spawn said.... communication is happening via planet partners through forum or ingame.

Some could be much better, but with Calypso Compets has taken away resources (Kim) which doesn't help i guess.

Also we know all employees have to play EU for a time each month/week, so perhap you have been communicating and not even realising :).

But if you speak with them, thier communications with MA are tortured at best.. :scratch2:

But if you speak with them, thier communications with MA are tortured at best.. :scratch2:

It seems out of the suggestions that the players want a community manager - anyone know how we can link a thread and what is the best email address for MA?

...simple Q&A session every 2-3 months, but without BS answers "soon" or "it's dynamic" with answer for every question every paricipant may have. If crazy one comes with 500 questions he will get 500 answers.

basicaly more clarity is what this gamne is starving for. Telling that discovering game mechanism is part of experience is just lame excuse. It was fun when there was 2-3 MMO's out there. Now ppl just pick something with right manual.

Positive suggestions only please

Incidentally on appointment the new CEO advised:

Mr. Moreau offered the following view on his new role: "As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and taking advantage of their valuable feedback to make Entropia Universe a more entertaining and engaging universe. "

Well.. What happend with Mr. Moreau is he still with MindArk or not and did he try to do something about " improving our communication with participants ".:scratch2:

Is there an email address for MA - other than a general info one.

No. No "community manager." That didn't work in the past. Instead, get a "community manager team" going. What is that? Well, 24/8=3. In other words, if you have three shifts of 8 hours in length each following one another you can have someone on staff 24/7. Hire at least 2 individuals for each of those shifts in case one of them has to use vacation, gets sick, etc. That is a team of AT LEAST 6 people that you'd need to have constant 24/7 communication available. Possibly hire a 7th to add as manager over that team of 6... Give the team a twitter account, access to every forum for each planet and make one for Mindark itself... Give them the responsibility of working together to address every issue on every forum out there as a start. Next up give them the responsibility of locating every bug, exploit, etc. that anyone worldwide mentions online in forums, social networks, youtube, facebook, etc., and reporting all of that to the developers that can fix it... Have them do weekly update messages that are similar to the info we get at the end of vu messages, but much more in depth... Have them do daily update messages as issues get resolved, etc.

Is there an email address for MA - other than a general info one.

There's at least 3 email addresses that I'm aware of, but not 100% sure they all still work or not.

They could reimburse people for money lost due to THERE bugs. At the moment, when you lose PED because of THERE bugs, they WIN

...simple Q&A session every 2-3 months, but without BS answers "soon" or "it's dynamic" with answer for every question every paricipant may have. If crazy one comes with 500 questions he will get 500 answers.

basicaly more clarity is what this gamne is starving for. Telling that discovering game mechanism is part of experience is just lame excuse. It was fun when there was 2-3 MMO's out there. Now ppl just pick something with right manual.

Heres an ongoing thread of mine where I received no loot after doing a Aakas 5 run. It has the video of it happening, and time / date I sent support ticket.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?279962-No-Loot-Aakas-5

Im just waiting to hear back "Its dynamic" :laugh:

Never in a great mood in the mornings and I've got an eye infection so it might explain these comments from me.

If they gave a toss about the players other than as cash cows they might actually bother. There is the probability that many of the MA / Calypso teams do not speak English so trying to write on an English speaking forum isn't easy. I've gotten used to reading forums in other languages when looking for technical details for work but there's no chance I'll write posts on them except through google translate which doesn't always work.

Community managers or teams only work if they're given permission to talk about stuff and MA like to keep everything quiet as it might affect the RCE (if it even exists anymore) or lower the price they get when they sell things and then nerf stuff to give it purpose.

MA might have used twitter as it was integrated but it's been abandoned as it got broken with a twitter api change and they've never bothered to fix it so why have an official feed.

BerthaBot is probably about to pick this up:

GOTHENBURG, Sweden, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- /Mindark/ – Mindark PE AB, Developer of Entropia Universe, the Real Cash MMO Virtual Reality platform announced today the introduction of a new democratic voting system and election date for choosing the inaugural President of Virtual Reality. With the rise of awareness and participation in virtual reality and significant global investment into artificial intelligence, a new virtual government is being formed to champion users' rights across all platforms.

Mindark invites everyone over the age of 14 to claim their virtual reality citizenship and to register to vote in the upcoming historic election for the first ever President of Virtual Reality. Candidates for president can also register now and start campaigning. Virtual Reality developers, publishers and creators of both hardware and software can register to join the Virtual Reality Coalition to support an Avatar Bill of Rights and create unity in the development of VR. Polls will close on March 27th 2016.

Please visit www.PresidentofVirtualReality.com to register and participate in the election.

"Virtual Reality is much bigger than one company," said David Simmonds, Mindark PE AB's Vice Chairman. "We are proud to truly empower and support those living and working in VR by pursuing self-determination and self-government. A governing body with a democratically elected President is the next big step in making virtual reality truly real."

The first President of Virtual Reality will be committed to a four !year term of office with the possibility of one re-election opportunity. The President will work with an initial operating budget generously supplied by Entropia Universe; Mindark will donate a portion of the annual Entropia Universe GNP to fund the formation of the Office of President of Virtual Reality and help promote strategic alliances between the virtual reality government and real-world groups and institutions. As more companies and organizations join the VR coalition, the budget is expected to increase to fund further initiatives and governmental positions. Additionally, Entropia Universe will be implementing its proprietary secure Virtual Democracy voting system that will set a shining example for real-world governments, and will allow citizens of virtual reality to vote on important issues and elect leaders to represent their interests.

Entropia Universe has been online for over 12 years, setting world records and allowing players to enjoy unprecedented avatar longevity, secure virtual trading, a continuously evolving platform and content produced by independent game developers and major Hollywood studios. With a global user base it has a total GNP of over $4 Billion US. A combined $2 billion US in auction sales has occurred due to over 20 billion virtual items being manufactured. 30,000,000 secure real cash micro!transactions are processed daily with over $35,000,000 US in user withdrawals.

Actually would be NewsBot here, not Bertha.
Bertha picked it up already over on EF: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ntial-Race-Begins-PR-Newswire-(press-release)

Last edited:
BUMP - Nothing ever changes

Back