Update Regarding Anti-Virus Alerts from F-Secure.

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Entropia Universe support have now received confirmation from F-Secure Security Labs that the Entropia Universe update 15.6.1 does not contain any viruses.
F-Secure will update their client database asap. We attach the message from F-Secure Security Labs with links describing how to exclude the Entropia file from real-time scanning until your PC has received the updated database from F-Secure.
Â!

Message from F-Secure Security Labs:

Hello,

Thank you for your submission.

The file you submitted is indeed clean. A database update will be released to resolve this issue.

For the meantime, you may exclude this file from Real-time Scanning. Instructions for exclusions can be found here:

Internet Security 2013/2014:
http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-do-I-exclude-a-file-or/ta-p/15398

Internet Security 2015:
http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-do-I-exclude-a-file-or/ta-p/56363

Policy Manager and PSB Workstation:
http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Management/Excluding-objects-from-Real-Time/ta-p/66013

For the latest database updates please visit this page:
http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/removal-tools/-/carousel/view/140

We apologize for any inconveniences that this may have brought you.

Originally Posted Here

As I told you in my support case.
Trying the F-Secure info do not help when you try and do a fresh install.
Because of your installation function which creates a new temp file for each time you try and download the installer.

And the temp files are also triggered by F-Secure as containg the Gen : variant Kazy 418613 virus.
And without these temp files the download of the installer is aborted.

So there is no single file to exclude as they are created dynamically.

Exclude temp folder, client loader and EU folder. After update undo temp folder.

F-secure updated their database and now EU updates unimpeded on my machines.

Thanks!

F-secure updated their database and now EU updates unimpeded on my machines.

Thanks!
that was fast. I gladly keep paying for their products

Last edited:
Bitdefender detects threat and block file, even tried to get update manually in order to go around AWS modules you use but still same result/problem.

Looks like I need to find some other game for longer time....

And this is VirusTotal report....
and so nobody tells me that it is 1 day old I just run it another time - fresh results

Last edited:
Bitdefender detects threat and block file, even tried to get update manually in order to go around AWS modules you use but still same result/problem.

Looks like I need to find some other game for longer time....

And this is VirusTotal report....
and so nobody tells me that it is 1 day old I just run it another time - fresh results

I use bitdefender as well and simply "excluded" both "quarantined" items that popped up after the update failed. Simply click on the quarantine section that pops up after the failed attempt, it should list two items related to entropia, then click exclude (it should be the last small icon option), then run entropia again and it should work fine.

Does anyone have issues if u use Norton 360 ?

Anyone else with BitDefender still unable to update the Client? Feeling a bit lonely over here and starting to get frustrated with a weekend ahead :mad:

Anyone else with BitDefender still unable to update the Client? Feeling a bit lonely over here and starting to get frustrated with a weekend ahead :mad:

Add an exemption in bitdefender.

Then at a later date, after they have updated their database, remove the exemption. Presuming you can do this in bitdefender?

Rgds

Ace

I could not update either. I googled how to remove BD / stop it and found you can disable it by removine the top most check box within the virus protection setting area. (dont have link at hand sorry - will look later if you need)

Add an exemption in bitdefender.

Then at a later date, after they have updated their database, remove the exemption. Presuming you can do this in bitdefender?

It seems I can add the url to a whitelist. Only option I've found with my version of Bitdefender. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but guess it has. Only reluctant as last time it was suggested I do this for a game I ended up with a knackered hard drive.

Yeah I also have BD and I'm not really keen on disabling protection that is there for a reason.

Today's scan is the same as during last two days

NOTE that F-Secure also detects infection with today's definitions, so where is that exception Bertha is talking about????

Code:
[B]Antyvirus[/B]	[B]Result[/B]	[B]Update[/B]
ALYac	Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613	20151113
Arcabit	Trojan.Kazy.D66335	20151113
BitDefender	Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613	20151113
Emsisoft	Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613 (B)	20151113
F-Secure	Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613	20151113
GData	Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613	20151113
MicroWorld-eScan	Gen:Variant.Kazy.418613	20151113

So, I added the URL to the Whitelist and finally got past 33% but am now stuck at 95% where it keeps detecting and quarantining the infected file which I can't find any info about when I go into my Bitdefender to do anything with it. Guess I'll just have to wait it out. Getting annoyed now :mad:

I just swiched to AVG and uninstaled bitfefender because i had same problems. Now its fine.

Full install works now with F-Secure SAFE :yay:

I've paid to register BullGuard Internet Security and I'll be damned if I am going to stop using it because of this.

Its been a great program for me for the past 3 years and have never had an issue with it - until now.

I would rather stop playing EU to be honest.

XZC

PS: I'm a DIEHARD EU fan.... so I don't say that lightly.

I had to completelly uninstall Bitdefender and switch to Avast in order to make it work.

I had to completelly uninstall Bitdefender and switch to Avast in order to make it work.

U can switch off BitDefender for 5 min and start the EU client loader ... AV will restart automatically in 5 or u can do it manually and EU works like a charm

However looking forward to the fix for this pathetic situation ... thought they'll update the client today :laugh:

Im guessing what type of dirty direct coding was used to get attention of so many anti virus programs?

I tried to switch it off, but also didn't work, even if I stop the Av the program was deleted, that's because Bitdefender install itself as windows service and won't allow to be stopped so threats can't reach the machine (in theory)

BitDefender (AntiVirus Plus 2015 running on Win10) was apparently updated sometime yesterday.

When I tried to launch the client loader last night, it all went smoothly with no need to download the game again or change any settings in BitDefender at all.

Simply add entropia installation folder to the exclusions list in BitDefender like i did and it works without issues. I will remove the EU exclusion after i know there is a fix.

Confirming BitDefender letting update pass today ;)

Back