Fulfilling auction orders

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
I knew that it was sometimes difficult to fill an auction order for large stacks of items due to the unshown fractions of pecs, but I didn't realize how bad it was and that it could affect a small stack of high-markup items!

Specifically, I noticed an order for 3 small chadriak mushrooms at 7500%. Having 4 in my possession, I split one off and listed 3 at 7500%... which you'd think would work fine -- math involves nice round numbers and no invisible fractions, right? WRONG!

So the order is still there and my mushrooms got listed. Seems you cannot fulfill an order for the exact price. :mad:

i guess it has sth to do with a change in the order system implemented some time ago:

orders can bid on items..if someone put 3 shrooms at auc for sb 7k% the order bids on them..
but it still shows the 3 orders for others until the order wins the bid..then it is fullfilled..
or someone else offers 8k%, then the order shown is a real free order again...

bring lots of problems...
can also happen you make 7d order..someone offer sb under max order in first day..so order is locked for 6 days until someone else outbids order and you payed order fee for nothing and in the 6 days locked others listed for the order buyout..

Last edited:
I knew that it was sometimes difficult to fill an auction order for large stacks of items due to the unshown fractions of pecs, but I didn't realize how bad it was and that it could affect a small stack of high-markup items!

Specifically, I noticed an order for 3 small chadriak mushrooms at 7500%. Having 4 in my possession, I split one off and listed 3 at 7500%... which you'd think would work fine -- math involves nice round numbers and no invisible fractions, right? WRONG!

So the order is still there and my mushrooms got listed. Seems you cannot fulfill an order for the exact price. :mad:

It may be caused by another piece of brilliance and not MA maths.

You need to check if the order is already being blocked by another offer without a buyout that got part or all of the orderer's order. You see, some of the funds from the order are thus blocked. You will be able to tell by the matching times of how long the order has run and the bid on the mushroom at below the offer mu.

Yes, it is stupid, but it has been this way for some time now..... gl with the sale!

Back