FYI: 65 hours of skills and loot

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
I recently did a few hours at the Arkadia Gold Rush and wanted to share a bit of the awesome loot I had there.
I will not share points or strategy because the event isnt over yet.

I started on day 1 of the Gold Rush, since every one else was on Caly at the HM.

Very soon I realized that the lot on this mob was wayyyy above any other I had hunted.
In the first 5 hours of the event I had already globaled 45 times, hofed 6 times, looted all the points sizes available and even had 1 uber of 4k.

I used a total of 144k ped of Amo and had about 90k ped in globals!
And about 80% of the mobs dont global, so You can imagine.

Not only loot was good, the skill gain was insane... Started 15 days ago with my BLP at Level 94 and currently im 24% away from Level 97 ( no 1 BLP shot was fired)

I wanted to continue hunting the same mob but... loot changed and points changed:

- Every run I do now only lowers my average points because the big ones are not dropping anymore
- Loot was changed and no more weapons are dropping, and its back to eating up the card. But it was great while it lasted

Here are a few of my 370 globals

2015-10-30_--_magurg_breeder_4_809_ped.jpg

2015-11-03_--_magurg_breeder_4_551_ped.jpg

magurg_breeder_4_1018_ped.jpg

magurg_breeder_4_814_ped.jpg

magurg_breeder_4_480_ped.jpg

magurg_breeder_970_ped.jpg

2015-11-03_--_magurg_breeder_4_997_ped.jpg

2015-10-30_--_magurg_breeder_4_4104_ped_thumb.jpg

magurg_breeder_4_519_ped.jpg

2015-11-08_--_magurg_breeder_4_4079_ped.jpg

2015-10-30_--_magurg_breeder_4_4104_ped.jpg

Last edited:
GRatz on this - but your gain - other peoples loss ... so actually nothing to write home about. :rolleyes:

Oh and u can see the ped card also , how naughty :D
Is is nice when you get loot , gz ! :yay:

Oh and u can see the ped card also , how naughty :D
Is is nice when you get loot , gz ! :yay:

Lol yes and his points even. Only noticed now. 15k points within the 2k kills :silly2:

My impression from gold rush so far is that quite alot of people got some good loot/points early on as teaser and then have to pay back for it to make it to the 65hours to qualify - anyone out there who lootet a rare token (1 or 5k) after the first half of the qualification time was over ?

My impression from gold rush so far is that quite alot of people got some good loot/points early on as teaser and then have to pay back for it to make it to the 65hours to qualify - anyone out there who lootet a rare token (1 or 5k) after the first half of the qualification time was over ?

That's pretty much the recipe for all the Gold Rush/Mayhem -events. Finishing the full event will make you bleed during the last 20-25% hours.

Lol yes and his points even. Only noticed now. 15k points within the 2k kills :silly2:

Interesting, am at 1780 points with 3.250 kills atm.
Something tells me i won't win this :)

hmm..it was just the opposite for me..insane losses for me
almost every run besides the 1 where i had 4k was between -300 and -1700 for me

ive never encountered losses this high in eu before
somehow i think high dam/sec worked against me,i saw paople geting more globals per run then me and im pretty sure i had about highest dam/sec sofar

thx for sharing Quin, nice amount hours you spend there.

Im at 23h only atm and not sure if i will have the time to finish the 65h.
First 5h of the event loot was pretty good - one nice 12xx hof and many global.
After the first two days (5h) no run with profit...

Items only on the first day (loot was shrapnel and Arkoin only!)

Points ... i don't share the amount only some little secrets.
I got 4 x 1k and 8-9 x 500points - and much of the little ones.

I will share all points - kills/h - total kills when the event is over.

good luck all

hmm..it was just the opposite for me..insane losses for me
almost every run besides the 1 where i had 4k was between -300 and -1700 for me

ive never encountered losses this high in eu before
somehow i think high dam/sec worked against me,i saw paople geting more globals per run then me and im pretty sure i had about highest dam/sec sofar

You had an extremely unefficient setup afaik and maybe bad luck who knows !? (higest DPS means maybe you payed for highest score like that)

Loot here is nothing better or worse then anywhere else I have the same returns as allways, just "empty" loot no L items or such since all that got dried up in start "ark is so great and caly is so baaaaaad" but really its all the same if an area is overhunted it gets empty :D

Nice event but a bit too easy mobs (I shouldnt do biggest instance easily in gremlin) and too long instances since 2 hours makes you have to repair and allso refine your wools and stuff to not be too Heavy, mobs are great and Points seems tough to acquire so I guess its nice. Allso a bit booring with just plain sand and same mobs, supereasy but no challenge and no bosses or fun terrain.

And ofc gratz to quin for some fun loots and obviously nice scores then :)

EDIT: I never understood why you cannot pause those instances.....youre still solo in there and we are mostly grownups playing this game, real stuff might happen within 2 hours of my Life (wife, kids or toilet or whatever)

Last edited:
2 hours = 1480 points for me.....Got a 1k and havent been back....A borefest to me....2 hours per instance is too long...only thing I was interested in was the easy evade skills for completing the mission. Otherwise, I make more hunting elsewhere.:guide::guide::guide:

oops, I have to be more careful, but yeah, the points were generous the first day.

What really sucks is that loot wont sell!
The first day I listed Oils for 108% and now they are at 101% so I will have to take a trip to caly, or wait till it goes up a bit

every thing were genereous the first day... and then something happened after VU

(in France we call this "the carrot", it used to make the Donkey walk)

Arkoins ran out. Now everything is subject to resource caps.

That is insane - is the skill gain still good? Did you keep track of specific skills/points?

I did every hunt with 100% skill pill, plus the skill boosts inside the instance were crazy, I think the skills may still be the same.

And yes to confirm what LT said, Arkoins dropped from every single kill during the first day, and people stacked all in inventory waiting for auctions.
I probably have enough for all the items, but I bet Fluske stacked wayyyy more than me since he started a few hours earlier at higher dps

I did every hunt with 100% skill pill, plus the skill boosts inside the instance were crazy, I think the skills may still be the same.

And yes to confirm what LT said, Arkoins dropped from every single kill during the first day, and people stacked all in inventory waiting for auctions.
I probably have enough for all the items, but I bet Fluske stacked wayyyy more than me since he started a few hours earlier at higher dps

I personally cycled 22000 ped in 20 hrs over the weekend. Not a hit over 240 or so. But hey, that's pretty typical for me. :[

​Gratz Perv....the beginning was good for me but now no bueno. Good luck!

god no,i think i have like 56 ped left :)
sold most the first days

You had an extremely unefficient setup afaik and maybe bad luck who knows !? (higest DPS means maybe you payed for highest score like that)

Loot here is nothing better or worse then anywhere else I have the same returns as allways, just "empty" loot no L items or such since all that got dried up in start "ark is so great and caly is so baaaaaad" but really its all the same if an area is overhunted it gets empty :D

Nice event but a bit too easy mobs (I shouldnt do biggest instance easily in gremlin) and too long instances since 2 hours makes you have to repair and allso refine your wools and stuff to not be too Heavy, mobs are great and Points seems tough to acquire so I guess its nice. Allso a bit booring with just plain sand and same mobs, supereasy but no challenge and no bosses or fun terrain.

And ofc gratz to quin for some fun loots and obviously nice scores then :)

EDIT: I never understood why you cannot pause those instances.....youre still solo in there and we are mostly grownups playing this game, real stuff might happen within 2 hours of my Life (wife, kids or toilet or whatever)

ah,it wasnt as eco as mm or sifs orso,but i would not call t extremely unefficient :)
i prob just was in an bad lootphase.and i cycled in couple days around 170k ped orso,which in an bad lootphase hurts :p

i liked the terrain though,good spawn and low aggro,i like mindles boring grinding :)

Repeatable evade mission (2000 kills), skill pills and insane skill gain keeps me going even if i'm done with the 65h minimum needed.

There is no need to do whole 2h, You exit same way that you enter by operating the statue at revival area.

Yes, the arkoins were raining down on the first day - and the points were high for me after the update for a while too. Now I'm getting no thousands, just the odd 100 and fewer of any of them - so the skill pills are not coming in as they were before...

The loot has been on a several day wave for me - and has been good the last few days again after the bad patch. Overall I'm happy about the event returns - tt loss but nice evade bonus and skill pills - but the distribution of points concentrated towards the start was something negative that I expected would happen.

I feel the effect is more than just the higher number of people taking part now that the Caly event is over, although that probably plays a reasonable part too. I realise it was up to me to do more hours early on - I was fully aware of that..... but still... :rolleyes:

Arkadia posted that they changed the event token drop rate but they said it was only to remove the 1 point tokens. I hope they didn't screw this one up like they did the last gold rush. I guess we'll see if all the winners were the people that played on day 1.

Arkadia posted that they changed the event token drop rate but they said it was only to remove the 1 point tokens. I hope they didn't screw this one up like they did the last gold rush. I guess we'll see if all the winners were the people that played on day 1.

Karmic: the good tokens were still dropping fast (relatively) after the 1 point tokens were removed, so I don't think that is part of any problem of the spread.

There may be the problem of the tokens hitting their caps, so that no more can go into the loot. It has already been shown in other areas that using up/tt-ing capped stuff frees up some again for the next filling of the loot pool. This can therefore favour people who play at the least popular times of day (from a global perspective) if they tt tokens shortly before a new loot period and their own entry to an instance.

Therefore, my hunch for most likely winners is people who played most hours early on (if you were tracking globals you will have an idea) or people playing during times of low activity (with or without any funny business on caps)....

It is of course possible that MA have taken steps to smooth out drops, but it still doesn't look completely that way to me.... (although short-term drops seem fairly well spread now).

Anyway, for what it's worth I wish GL - and thanks for the event in any case!

I promise you all who hunted in the first day will win unless ark changes it back.

It is of course possible that MA have taken steps to smooth out drops, but it still doesn't look completely that way to me.... (although short-term drops seem fairly well spread now).

Anyway, for what it's worth I wish GL - and thanks for the event in any case!

I did notice that the bigger always came with esi drops, but that could be a coincidence

Last edited:
I promise you all who hunted in the first day will win unless ark changes it back.

After seeing Linzey's score today, I can promise you that even with the 1st day advantage I will not be even close to the top places!

After seeing Linzey's score today, I can promise you that even with the 1st day advantage I will not be even close to the top places!

I was sloppy tracking hours so overcompensated and did extra time, so......what you see aint no 65 hour score to count and I bet you 100 peds Im not in top2 :D

Back