ComPet Bulletin 9 - Development Update

Cute. Now do we need some form of crowdfunding like space deeds to get any developer resources committed to fixing the flaws and upgrading space to something worthwhile?

Cute. Now do we need some form of crowdfunding like space deeds to get any developer resources committed to fixing the flaws and upgrading space to something worthwhile?

You mean the mothership sales, equus sales, auction transport fee shares, space station tp fees, atmosphere entry fees, spaceship fuelconsumption, warpdrive decay and extremely uneco spacehunting features as well as the spaceship upgrade costs which all together accumulated over the last 4 years easily surpass 10 million ped have not been used to fund space development ? Or are even insufficient to do it now ? That would be a shame...

Regardless if they lack funding, all they would need to do is ask and give us an opportunity to support them - its not like it hasnt been offered to them in the past many times.

Not something i have any interest in, but looking good. Also i hope it all works out with Compets for MA, the app market can be very lucrative.

It won't be a app, it will be a browser game....

no.

Directly from the site.. https://competgame.com/

Entropia Universe Global Crowd Investment
Entropia Universe takes Global Crowd Funding to the next level with the Development of Compet a Real Cash based Competitive Pet Battle App and Browser Game. Entropia Universe is an $80 Million Dollar Virtual Trading Platform that has maintained its position for over a decade as the Pioneer of Real Cash Virtual World economics with its groundbreaking Multi-Planet Virtual Universe, which has set numerous World Records for Most Valuable Virtual Items including Moons, Asteroids, Planets, Space stations, Weapons and Treasures which contribute to an annual GNP of over $300,000,000 USD.

The COMPET Game which is built on the Backbone of the Entropia Universe Real Cash economy System will have a greater reach than all previous Entropia Universe Games as it is designed to be accessible on the Web through Browsers and as an App to anyone with a Smart Phone or Tablet

I think people will love this, a cellphone app game where you can spend and then withdrawal real $, awesome. I once spent $300 on an app game full knowing i'd never get it back, and then uninstalled it like 2 months later. As long as the UI is decent and it is fun I think it will do well, i might even pick up some deeds soon. :yay:

I struggle to understand why it takes 2 years to create a phone app?
If Compet players have to wait 50 business days to withdraw funds the game will face major issues.
I'm looking forward to MA spending some time on Space.
Time to buy a strong box.

You mean the mothership sales, equus sales, auction transport fee shares, space station tp fees, atmosphere entry fees, spaceship fuelconsumption, warpdrive decay and extremely uneco spacehunting features as well as the spaceship upgrade costs which all together accumulated over the last 4 years easily surpass 10 million ped have not been used to fund space development ? Or are even insufficient to do it now ? That would be a shame...

Regardless if they lack funding, all they would need to do is ask and give us an opportunity to support them - its not like it hasnt been offered to them in the past many times.

I have added these concerns to my recent thread. You spend a lot more time in space than I do, and certainly pay attention to any news relating to it. Is there any evidence that funds generated in space are earmarked for its development, and how much (or how little) it actually is?

It’s been quite some time since the last ComPet bulletin, and a lot has happened since then. More and more systems and features are being locked in as we approach the start of the closed beta. The graphics and user interfaces have gone through several iterations and will soon be as intended for the final product.

How is intended to be?

According to Kim it got switched to Unity. Got a feeling it has better cross platform support then html5 - too many browser makers doing their own special version tweaks and it should reduce the bandwidth overhead as it should install the necessary binaries locally.

I got that in response to my comment about it being browser based.

Thanks for the technical bit Spike.

So this Unity engine, can it go out of date if tablets etc, move to different operating system? Does that matter?

Or is it all about the binary coding, which I guess talks to everything?

On another matter those slagging it off need to take into account that players that invested in Compet probably contributed for the quality animated pets in EU. There's a lot of cross investment going on I would imagine.

Rick

Last edited:

Don't know much about it myself but from what little I have read it looks a damn site better than trying to do it in html5 and javascript.

Platform requirements

For running Unity games

Generally content developed with Unity can run pretty much everywhere. How well it runs is dependent on the complexity of your project. More detailed requirements:
•Desktop:
•OS: Windows XP SP2+, Mac OS X 10.8+, Ubuntu 12.04+, SteamOS+
•Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 2.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2004 should work.
•CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.
•Web player supports IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and others.

•iOS: requires iOS 6.0 or later.
•Android: OS 2.3.1 or later; ARMv7 (Cortex) CPU or Atom CPU; OpenGL ES 2.0 or later.
•WebGL: Desktop version of Firefox, Chrome or Safari
•Windows Phone: 8.1 or later
•Windows Store Apps: 8.1 or later

To put in persective the gen 1 Nexus 7 has an armv7 processor, the Tesco Hudl has an Atom both around £100.

So, no development on EU until this date? Good to know.

All pictures are of actual gameplay from the ComPet mobile application.

All pictures?, cool!
Implemented screenshot function is very good news.
Can we get it in EU after 13 years of development too?

I never noticed the battle packs before, looks like we will be using ped (the E symbol of entropia universe) to buy battle packs, and a portion will be given back when we win.

15 ped being the minimum? Looks like we should be able to transfer ped from EU to this game too based on the symbol for it.

Back