ComPet Bulletin 9 - Development Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
It’s been quite some time since the last ComPet bulletin, and a lot has happened since then. More and more systems and features are being locked in as we approach the start of the closed beta. The graphics and user interfaces have gone through several iterations and will soon be as intended for the final product.

So this is where we are at now!

Most placeholder icons and graphics have been replaced by the real deal. In this picture you can see the residence, the stables, and the gold mine, as well as a fearsome Atrox guarding the city. As you can see, the city view is the main user interface from which most other features are accessed, either by clicking the icons or the buildings themselves.

All the buildings in the city will have their unique functions. The library, for example, lets you research new pet abilities (note: work in progress)

The shops will let you buy currency and purchase items and pets with said currency. You can of course also buy stuff using the currency you have collected in-game.

A battle pack is attached to a pet before arena battle. Battle packs are found in the packs shop. The winner of an arena pet battle receives a portion of the purchase price of the loser’s battle pack.

Preparing for battle includes attaching a battle pack and carefully selecting which ability! set-up you want to use in the match.

The arena matches you up with an opponent for a standard pet battle. The raid function lets you attack another player’s city and try to take some of their resources. The forest lets you battle AI controlled pets and send your pets on quests.

The player versus player pet battle, the very core of ComPet gameplay, has gone through multiple graphics revisions.

Over 80 pet abilities have been designed and are being tested and balanced. Most icons, animations and backgrounds are finished. Just a few are still placeholders.

All pictures are of actual gameplay from the ComPet mobile application.

Right now we are working on the AI for pet battles versus computer controlled opponents, the quest system, as well as general balancing.

Remember to get some ComPet deeds to secure your spot in the closed beta! Go to https://competgame.com/shop/ now and get your deeds.

PLEASE NOTE: ComPet is still in development. As such, any features, systems, names or graphics mentioned or shown in this document may be subject to change.

Originally Posted Here

Pictures

image07.jpg

image00.jpg

image01.jpg

image06.jpg

image05.jpg

image06.jpg

image04.jpg

image02.jpg

image03.jpg

!!! I can SEE !!!

!

wow

!

pre-calc will be so much more fun

!

:yay:

!

Right now we are working on the AI for pet battles versus computer controlled opponents, the quest system, as well as general balancing.

ahh so ETA release now is early 2020

most of playerbase will be happer if you u se your resources to maintain EU

but yea why fixing game when you can creating pokemon clon

This thread is off-topic from the start, considering it has nothing to do with Entropia Universe. Nobody cares about stupid com-pets.

During the last 6 months I have only been able to clock about 2hrs per week in entropia.
However, I have been able to clock a couple hours a day in mobile games.
I have no expectations, but it is my hope that in time this will allow me to spend more time with my favorite game (entropia) again.

I don't care about ComPet at all. Why allocate almost all your development resources to create a new game instead of further develop Entropia Universe and fix bugs that have been here for years? :mad:

If you lost interest of developing Entropia Universe then sell it to another company instead that might actually add some features/improve gameplay and fix bugs.

This thread is off-topic from the start, considering it has nothing to do with Entropia Universe. Nobody cares about stupid com-pets.

I agree, just because it has an Atrox in it... this is off topic to EU :) remove this thread. Also your posting sucked, with the !

!

And - I love how another person had to post the pictures.

!

I do have to admit, it looks wayyyy better than I imagined. It still is pokemon clone 5 years too late, it still takes away from this games development, and I still think no one will care. Sorry for the vote of confidence MA - one lesson I learned from EU is to not have expectations!

Just what we need: another thing for idiots to poke at while driving/walking.

I do have to admit, it looks wayyyy better than I imagined. It still is pokemon clone 5 years too late, it still takes away from this games development, and I still think no one will care. Sorry for the vote of confidence MA - one lesson I learned from EU is to not have expectations!

I agree. We are still waiting for the cargo missions that were supposed to come last June. Such a delay is typical of MA, but I can't help feeling that the development time going into this is mostly responsible for the delay. OFC its all down to money, this, they hope, will make money for MA - which is no bad thing as it (hopefully) means more money for game development further down the line.

It won't be a app, it will be a browser game....

According to Kim it got switched to Unity. Got a feeling it has better cross platform support then html5 - too many browser makers doing their own special version tweaks and it should reduce the bandwidth overhead as it should install the necessary binaries locally.

It is made in Unity and as such can be published to any platform supported by that engine, the first target is android tablets and phones.

I got that in response to my comment about it being browser based.

Last edited:
Looks better than I expected so far, but really the website should be worked on.

4 screenshots and a web shop to buy deeds and that is it?

Kinda gives the sense of...
we are really excited about the money, the game is an afterthought.

I've been a huge critic of compets, mainly because of the distraction it has brought to fixing EU problems.

But this does look like it will own the mobile gaming industry.. and there's a lot of money to be had there.

I didn't think we could post about other games on this forum?

Looks like DDtank .. turn based browser game. Lots of people spend tons of money there.

We now return to your scheduled broadcast.

Please fix the damned dc's from the latest update.

I think the #1 reason why this will do well is because it is real $$ based, which will attract the gamblers. You can fight your pets and win real $$! Are there any other phone game apps that you can make real $$ on? I hope there are no google/apple app store rules or major country laws making this illegal. You would think MA would be aware of this if it were, so probably not. If all goes well, com-pets can also possibly turn people on to entropia, which is good for us.
:wtg:

wtg :yay: compet bulletin number 9!!!!
progress is being made !
!!

!
!
!
!
!
better graphics

!
!
!
!
oh my god!

*in other news*

aakas instances don't pay out $h!t

Dont feel bad for the late update, nobody here cares.

Adults play entropia and children play pokemon...

According to Kim it got switched to Unity. Got a feeling it has better cross platform support then html5 - too many browser makers doing their own special version tweaks and it should reduce the bandwidth overhead as it should install the necessary binaries locally.

I got that in response to my comment about it being browser based.

I am still confused. If it is in unity, does that mean it won't be on the app store?

Rgds

Ace

hmm looks better than i expected...

i still am not sure if it will attract lots of ppl..

but if it will and they make lots of $$ with it, more than with eu, where you think they set the development priority??

I am still confused. If it is in unity, does that mean it won't be on the app store?

Rgds

Ace

Lots of games in Google play app store made with unity.
Unity supports output to multiple platforms from the same project.

Unity3d.com/5

Long list of platform icons, some I don't know and some that might be technicly duplicates (ps3 and ps4) but does seem impressive. Just playing around I've been able to output simple apps to windows executables, browser, and android .APK of course the more complex the app the more specialized it tends to become and leas simple for multiple platform outputs all at once.

Rgds

Ace

You can run unity developed stuff on both ios and android, that was your question?

Lots of games in Google play app store made with unity.
Unity supports output to multiple platforms from the same project.

Unity3d.com/5

Long list of platform icons, some I don't know and some that might be technicly duplicates (ps3 and ps4) but does seem impressive. Just playing around I've been able to output simple apps to windows executables, browser, and android .APK of course the more complex the app the more specialized it tends to become and leas simple for multiple platform outputs all at once.

That's cool, as long as it is on the app store, then it has a chance of doing ok.

Rgds

Ace

Back