More uses for pets! (esp. rare/mythic/legendary)

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Dear Mindark,

Respectfully request better and more uses for pets in the game. I know you guys are busy, but if you get the time to consider this suggestion, here are some ideas:

- Make pets unique, especially the Epic, Legendary, Mythic and Rare pets.
as of current, those so called "rare" pets are just about as useless as the "common" pets (no offense).

- You can sell upgrades at the pet centers of every stables in the game (you could even have the stables owners pay to have these upgrades sold in their stables and then they can make a profit on their sales out of stables)

- An " upgrade " for example would be:
Epic pet upgrade (could even be for a specific pet only)
An epic pet upgrade:
+2% laser skill increase
requires epic pet with minimum level 30
adding buff does not add to metabolic
cost 1200 ped / 5 rare essence / 400 regular essence

- Another " upgrade " example:
Rare and higher rarity (legendary/epic/etc)
Reduce metabolic by 10% when activated
can be activated in conjuction with other passive skills
required level 40
cost 600 ped / 2 rare pet essence / 200 regular essence

- More possible skill upgrades:
+Melee % skill increase
+Any of the skills % increase gain
+Pet can fight too (pet ai)
+add% dodge/evade buff
+auto revive %chance
+add %crit dmg increase
+add increase atk speed

and the list goes on, I'm sure the players can add their ideas to this thread.

First of all pets must keep their mouth shut when are idle!!!!!!!
There is no need to growl or bark or sqweek or tweet or ANYTHING for GOD SHAKE!!!!!!

We should have 3 categories
1. Companions/Buff pets
2. Battle pets. Why not? With armor and everything!
and 3d Why not Mounts? So we can use 'em as transportation substitute!

With all the above stable can have more uses and options than now.

Last edited:
lower the one pec drop rule. At the moment you cannot 'drop' a pet deed unless you feed the thing more than one pec in food first since it's considered to be an item below one pec in value. Drop that drop rule and more folks will have pets since those of us skilling on taming pets with ul whips will be able to provide the masses with deeds. Otherwise they just clutter up inventory.

lower the one pec drop rule. At the moment you cannot 'drop' a pet deed unless you feed the thing more than one pec in food first since it's considered to be an item below one pec in value. Drop that drop rule and more folks will have pets since those of us skilling on taming pets with ul whips will be able to provide the masses with deeds. Otherwise they just clutter up inventory.

you seem to not know that you can dump your pet in the stable tt to get essence

I think there's a lot coming for pets.

Although I'm more excited about potential upgrades to unlimited rings, particularly taming rings. Imagine if you could spawn a certain number of pets with a taming ring, after upgrade. Maybe the community would embrace those rings more than they do right now. Adjusted ring 2 pets, imp 3 pets, Mod 4 pets etc etc (it would be like the old days). It would look really cool too having more pets out, even if MA want to limit the stacked buffs.

MA are thinking what to do about these L rings, so we will see I guess what they come up with.

I thought the idea from the start was to train your pet at the stable to earn special buffs, we seem to be going down different roads now, although each pet status screen seems to be able to accommodate further list of buffs.

Buffs are ok; but I want something for my pets to do, some sort of activity. Maybe compet will answer all that, and our pets can move back and forth from compet environment (it's only the pet data that needs moving, the coded skins if different don't matter as they switch).

Maybe more tricks to unlock, maybe there's more tricks to unlock after Level 12? I've not found any yet though.

Maybe your pet could act as a FAP for example, and you gain better fap access with better skills. It really is unlimited the ideas MA could come up with. Maybe certain pets would unlock Mod fap skill....LOL.

Maybe you could send your pets hunting, like a pack of wolves.

I'm sure the cloaks are coming even pet armour. Those sort of bolts on's is a real money spinner, it's bound to happen sooner or later. I hope it cool though and not cheesy.

I hope that we can at least upgrade our current pets, rather than have to skill new ones for every new idea MA has. Sure certain new pets should be unique with their offerings but not for everything new has to come with a new pet to train.

Rick

And please, make them killable!

I would like to see the following uses implemented for pets:
1. tagger (used to tag a mob while you are still shooting another)
2. decoy (like when you have a mob spawned on you while you are still shooting another)
3. mob gatherer (would make rocket launcher owners happy)

Would it be in bad taste to have "dogfights"? Put pets in a ring and let 'em maul each other to death. I'd watch that and laugh. :cool:

you seem to not know that you can dump your pet in the stable tt to get essence
ah, nice tip. Thanks. Cashed em in today. Now, if only there were more uses for essence.

A pet that can drill up your claims would be nice as well

would be cool if we could combine two or more pets pets (kinda like how we insert in the machine to make essence)

combine the pets to make a better one...

one possible example...
combine 200 regular kanin = silver kanin
combine 2 silver bunny = ruby kanin
combine 2 ruby kanin = that tiger kanin

combine 3 different rare pets = 1 unique mythic pet

Back to the top.

Reason: Cause I feel like.

seriously though - I have too many pets in storage that do nothing but conosume nutrio bars

Would it be in bad taste to have "dogfights"? Put pets in a ring and let 'em maul each other to death. I'd watch that and laugh. :cool:

This is a good idea, we could give it a name.

Something simple like "competing pets" or "competitive pets".

Anything with "com" and "pet" in it, what do you think? ;)

Let's hope lots of others feel the same.

This is a good idea, we could give it a name.

Something simple like "competing pets" or "competitive pets".

Anything with "com" and "pet" in it, what do you think? ;)

Let's hope lots of others feel the same.

Well I think that was the original purpose of COMPET (only - on an app or something)...
it appears now its evolving into a home with cities and battles etc.

I think what the dogfight suggestion here is referring to some kinda like PVP areana designed for pets.

I agree this would be great.. to have that aspect actually in the game (as well as on the ap)..
However, I would only participate if there was some kinda incentive.. (gamble)..
like I pay 2 ped (goes in the POT).. to battle some other pet.. (skill + random element in the battle)..
not only is there a POT of what players put in, but theres chance to win cool prizes... like perks for the pet or something.....

which... maybe I'd be taking this too far (who knows)
but.
we already have pets that level up (granted achieving a higher level currently means nothing)..
if pets level up now.
what if pets had skills and attributes...
or battle ai? (granted I see a lot of room for in game abuse if pets had battle ai)
(but I'm sure MA can come up with some battle ai that can't be abused?)
battle ai, meaning the pet fights with the player......

imagine you start tagging the mob..
as you're tagging the mob, ur leapord dog pet starts running out to the mob to begin attacking it.

what if ur dog could earn a perk...(or skill buff whatever u wanna call it)..
as the dog attacks it has 1% chance to stun enemy..
(or slow enemy)

farfetched? (it only seems that was because it's not implemented yet ;)

I think much of what ou say will eventually come in some form Avalon. Think of how much MA cross use their coding for other things.

The fact our pets can die (with the animation bug, still on devils btw), it's a big enough clue already that pet fighting is on the way. If not, then why have dying pet animation.

Pet battles are coming soon.

I was reading the compet stuff; You buy a battle pack and the winner wins part of the losers cost of their battle pack. I'm sure armour and cool adds like cloaks will come.

It's early days, but EU has always been about patience. To be fair since pets have come back, tons of work has gone into it.

I have no idea too if current xp on pets has any use beyond buffs. What do we do? Keep training them? Choice choices. For me it was about hedging bets and skilling a few pets, rather than one super uber xp pet. Time will tell if that was a mistake or not.

But hey it's all cool, I'm very excited about the pet future.

Rick

I have no idea too if current xp on pets has any use beyond buffs. What do we do? Keep training them? Choice choices. For me it was about hedging bets and skilling a few pets, rather than one super uber xp pet. Time will tell if that was a mistake or not.

But hey it's all cool, I'm very excited about the pet future.

Rick

I used to feed my pets regularly..
but not anymore.
now the only pet i bring out is the lv23 silver bunny when i wanna speed up.. then i put him away when not in use.

I'm not going to dig it up, but I believe it was made clear that in game pets won't be usable with compets, except perhaps (maybe maybe not) being part of pets being sold to compets players via stables?

I'm not expecting anything like that in EU myself but, would be very happy to get a surprise :)

It seems most pets the best thing you get for leveling them up is the ability to level them up a little faster.

Mmmm and maybe stable buffs, they could expand on that.

Combining is kind of a cool idea but it would have to include something hard to get or a stack of rare essence before we start seeing more silvers and rabbigers than regular "common" kanin in the game. Does the ruby rabbit even have a good buff?

Back