Question: How long does post-event crap loot last?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Long story short:
I stopped playing abruptly during the summer just over two years ago out of frustration over constant crap loot.
I logged back in first time at the beginning of September, just before end of the Migration, with the main intention of selling out, but of course I had check out all the changes first.
I got hooked again... the improvements were nice and loot was pretty decent. No welcome back uber, but no staggering losses -- until now.
I don't include the 2nd & 3rd day of Gold Rush even though it is a typical "loot distribution cluster fuck" where everything good dropped on the first day and I was dumb enough to keep going.
Back on Calypso, the Mayhem loot was really good until the patch that ended the Halloween event (and gave the virus warning). Patch day always has crap loot, but it's been crap since, no matter what I hunt, and I'm afraid to go back to Arkadia.

crap loot, but it's been crap since, no matter what I hunt

there's some entiere days like this for me as well
no matter what i hunt, no matter mobs level, no matter planet
lootphase theory ? it seems my phase is pretty slow, can go for fews days :(

quotin a friend : "when loot is bad, run away"
now i do then

Same here.. Gold Rush Cat 3, started ok, pretty much even. Then the last few days I started loosing 700 ped each run.. wtf? Makes me wonder if this is intentional, seems like a good way to lure in deposites. At this rate I would have to depo another $800 + usd to finish. I'm yet to ever see this elusive 90% return since 2003, but MA claims everyone is created equal lol.. I would have to get a 500k loot for that to make sense. :eyecrazy:

During migration, loot was real bad. Now it is fair or above average. So maybe phase is up for me and now down for you.

Still can't hof or hit anything hunting but it is what it is.

Try a different weapon.

Last edited:
Same here.. Gold Rush Cat 3, started ok, pretty much even. Then the last few days I started loosing 700 ped each run.. wtf? Makes me wonder if this is intentional, seems like a good way to lure in deposites. At this rate I would have to depo another $800 + usd to finish. I'm yet to ever see this elusive 90% return since 2003, but MA claims everyone is created equal lol.. I would have to get a 500k loot for that to make sense. :eyecrazy:

Are you tracking? 90% on 100k cycle is still losing 1000 dollars

I think its just normal loot not event loot.

Some days or periods of time, loot is stable and you can hunt and have fun on what is true 90% return.

Then you will start a hunt on the same mobs and before you realize it your 1k + down, then you continue thinking it will pick back up and your 2k down. Then before you know it your 5k down and looking at 70% or less returns, most of time its around 50%, shoot 1k, TT, Auction house, Repairs and you get back 500 ish ped.

Normal stuff but events seem to trigger this more often.

Frankly, I have no idea what is this "post-event loot". I kept grinding marcimex for weeks before the Halloween, during the Halloween event (I did spent ~15h on zombies out of curiosity, but most of the time during the event I stayed with marcimex) and after it, the loot was basically the same and it was fine. But then again, I believe that each mob has its own lootpool, so it doesn't come as a surprise for me.

Frankly, I have no idea what is this "post-event loot". I kept grinding marcimex for weeks before the Halloween, during the Halloween event (I did spent ~15h on zombies out of curiosity, but most of the time during the event I stayed with marcimex) and after it, the loot was basically the same and it was fine. But then again, I believe that each mob has its own lootpool, so it doesn't come as a surprise for me.

Because people don't track their results. That is why threads like this appear all the time.

I have never seen proof in any logs since the beginning of PE that show less tt returns before, during or after events.

Rgds

Ace

I have never seen proof in any logs since the beginning of PE that show less tt returns before, during or after events.

that's maybe because maths and statistics are so friggin complicated for the average joe! :eyecrazy:

Because people don't track their results. That is why threads like this appear all the time.
Tracking my loot is what caused me to quit two years ago.

Loot will 'probably' return to normal once Compets has been released...if you think about it

Crap Loot starts 1 week before an event, lasts all during the event and ends one week after the event. Events are approximately 1 week and 47 seconds apart. You have 47 seconds.:wise:

Back