Question: Should I sell my armor for a fap?

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
Hello PCF.

I'm seeking guidance again, this time in regards to my items for hunting.

Here is a quick breakdown of my skills and setup

Skills/equipment:
174 hp base
34 evader
26 paramedic
42/43 (hit/dmg) one handed clubber
combat mace MK III tier 6 + VIII amp
Using (L) faps, I think gyro fap-30 lately?

Armors and plates owned:
Liakon tier 2-3
Mah'ketta tier 2-4
Adjusted pixie
Rascal UL
Vigilante (no feet)
5B
6A
6B

(L) sets owned:
Martial (L)
jag/tiger (L) mix

With the arrival of adj/imp/mod 2350 faps, I'm contemplating on getting rid of my liakon and getting an imp (and eventually mod) ek-2350 and downgrading my armor.. perhaps to a bear or boar set. I'm not sure if this is a good move or not since I love my liakon and enjoy the high protection it offers, but a lot of times I feel that I overprotect which leads to more decay costs. I think the choice here should be clear but I want to make sure that this is a smart and eco move on my behalf. I know when I asked Mercury on his stream, he said not to spend big money on faps, and I want to see what other high skilled avatars have to say. I recently got burned last year on adj hdoc mayhem because I paid 6K for it and sold it for half the price, so I want to avoid that if possible.

That being said, should I wait on making this change (assuming mushroom/mod2350 prices will continue to drop and liakon gain in price due to rarity/MM) or should I look to change as soon as I can? I feel that Liakon sets are very limited, probably 20 full (M) sets or so, and they will raise in price with time. Do you agree? Why or why not?

Those are kinda basic armors so you would still need them I'd say.

Hello PCF.

I'm seeking guidance again, this time in regards to my items for hunting.

Here is a quick breakdown of my skills and setup

Skills/equipment:
174 hp base
34 evader
26 paramedic
42/43 (hit/dmg) one handed clubber
combat mace MK III tier 6 + VIII amp
Using (L) faps, I think gyro fap-30 lately?

Armors and plates owned:
Liakon tier 2-3
Mah'ketta tier 2-4
Adjusted pixie
Rascal UL
Vigilante (no feet)
5B
6A
6B

(L) sets owned:
Martial (L)
jag/tiger (L) mix

With the arrival of adj/imp/mod 2350 faps, I'm contemplating on getting rid of my liakon and getting an imp (and eventually mod) ek-2350 and downgrading my armor.. perhaps to a bear or boar set. I'm not sure if this is a good move or not since I love my liakon and enjoy the high protection it offers, but a lot of times I feel that I overprotect which leads to more decay costs. I think the choice here should be clear but I want to make sure that this is a smart and eco move on my behalf. I know when I asked Mercury on his stream, he said not to spend big money on faps, and I want to see what other high skilled avatars have to say. I recently got burned last year on adj hdoc mayhem because I paid 6K for it and sold it for half the price, so I want to avoid that if possible.

That being said, should I wait on making this change (assuming mushroom/mod2350 prices will continue to drop and liakon gain in price due to rarity/MM) or should I look to change as soon as I can? I feel that Liakon sets are very limited, probably 20 full (M) sets or so, and they will raise in price with time. Do you agree? Why or why not?

Adj restore chip should be your first purchase. As for the 2350 and 2600.. you should farm it. You won't pay the markup and gives you something to strive for.

Liakon won't increase too much.. because Polaris is dirt cheap and plentiful.

And beyond that, do evade missions. Whether it be the repeatable on my LAs, kadra, or the big evade related boosts from the boogers or atrox.. get it up there.. it makes a big difference.

I'm 50.25 now and my Def Cost is sooooo low. If I had an imp hedoc, I'd do almost everything naked.. even Kitty.

Many years ago (long before vu10) I had asked Skalman which was more important, good armor or a big gun, and his reply was a good FAP -- which doesn't mean I disagree with what Mercury told you about not spending big money on a FAP, if "big money" means high markup.
I have been using the Adjusted Restoration Chip for almost two months now and in my humble opinion, it is the cheapest uber item available in game. It took a few days to adapt to a slightly different hunting style -- it's a lot like having a fapper. I can hunt a maturity or two higher than when a using regular fap (which was UR125(L) in my case).
I think the Restoration chips will have a stable price in spite of some people selling them below cost. The items required to complete the Galactica missions are very common right (very low markup) now and can only go up in price, whereas the mushrooms currently have a high markup and historically, that is more likely to go down than even higher. On paper, an Adjusted Restoration chip has over 5k markup, but the mission items add up to 5.1k TT.

Edit: I had noted the heal numbers from the Mayhem stats windows for a few of my runs. Turns out, for the sessions I took heal notes, I healed myself for 19967 points over 654 minutes.
At 159.09 heal/pec for Adj. Restoration, that was 125.72 ped. Had I used a UR125(L) like I used to, which does 10 heal/pec not including markup, it would have cost me 2000 ped.
In total, I did just over 33 hours in Mayhem.... so just during Halloween Mayhem, my Adjusted Restoration chip has paid for itself.

Last edited:
Many years ago (long before vu10) I had asked Skalman which was more important, good armor or a big gun, and his reply was a good FAP -- which doesn't mean I disagree with what Mercury told you about not spending big money on a FAP, if "big money" means high markup.
I have been using the Adjusted Restoration Chip for almost two months now and in my humble opinion, it is the cheapest uber item available in game. It took a few days to adapt to a slightly different hunting style -- it's a lot like having a fapper. I can hunt a maturity or two higher than when a using regular fap (which was UR125(L) in my case).
I think the Restoration chips will have a stable price in spite of some people selling them below cost. The items required to complete the Galactica missions are very common right (very low markup) now and can only go up in price, whereas the mushrooms currently have a high markup and historically, that is more likely to go down than even higher. On paper, an Adjusted Restoration chip has over 5k markup, but the mission items add up to 5.1k TT.

Edit: I had noted the heal numbers from the Mayhem stats windows for a few of my runs. Turns out, for the sessions I took heal notes, I healed myself for 19967 points over 654 minutes.
At 159.09 heal/pec for Adj. Restoration, that was 125.72 ped. Had I used a UR125(L) like I used to, which does 10 heal/pec not including markup, it would have cost me 2000 ped.
In total, I did just over 33 hours in Mayhem.... so just during Halloween Mayhem, my Adjusted Restoration chip has paid for itself.

This is a very good point.. I think I might take another look at the adj restoration chip. It would allow me to grind small missions very cheaply as well without slowing down with DPS

This is a very good point.. I think I might take another look at the adj restoration chip. It would allow me to grind small missions very cheaply as well without slowing down with DPS

Keep in mind that restoration chip have cooldown.
This will limit mobs/style you hunt or you will need another fap.

IMO mod 2350 would be better, but I did not compared them as I already have better fap.

Adj restore chip should be your first purchase. As for the 2350 and 2600.. you should farm it. You won't pay the markup and gives you something to strive for.

Liakon won't increase too much.. because Polaris is dirt cheap and plentiful.

And beyond that, do evade missions. Whether it be the repeatable on my LAs, kadra, or the big evade related boosts from the boogers or atrox.. get it up there.. it makes a big difference.

I'm 50.25 now and my Def Cost is sooooo low. If I had an imp hedoc, I'd do almost everything naked.. even Kitty.

some sound advice there.

I'm a believer in armor over fap. Why? Because fapping in combat reduces your DPS and your kill rate.

I'm a believer in armor over fap. Why? Because fapping in combat reduces your DPS and your kill rate.

That's why the Restoration Chips are so fantastic: Heal Over Time. 30 seconds of being healed and only skipping one or two shots.

That's why the Restoration Chips are so fantastic: Heal Over Time. 30 seconds of being healed and only skipping one or two shots.
One question I had was: if the eco is similar to mod fap but has 1/4 the heal speed, does that mean I could run a healing service with the adj restoration chip at 20PED p/h?

One question I had was: if the eco is similar to mod fap but has 1/4 the heal speed, does that mean I could run a healing service with the adj restoration chip at 20PED p/h?

Maybe with an Imp or Mod restoration chip, but I don't know if anyone would pay that much for just adjusted healing power... but I don't the the current healer market very well.
Without having done any detailed analysis (which wouldn't be too hard since healing goes in the chat.log), the first heal is 30-35 HP and you get a whole bunch of others about 8-10 HP over 30 seconds, hence why I find it's like having a healer that uses a small eco FAP.

On top of what everyone has already said:

Buy some boxes and loot an aeglic ring[L] and an athenic ring [L]
This will give you 10 extra healthpoints,extra regeneration speed, and some evade and crit damage reduced.
The 10 extra healthpoints make a whole lot of difference.

In practice an adj fapper is more useful than and adj resto healer so would be looking at earning the same as them. As for the OP's question id say get the biggest resto chip you can afford, they are amazing. Didn't expect heal over time to be as good as it is and the eco is fantastic.

cc

I dont know whats best to do.

But at least I can state my point of view because I went for Mod2600 and sold my armor.

Actually I first made the fap and then sold the armor (Jarhead). It was kind of a PED-protection-action. With the big fap and the big armor (for my lvl) I did to often way to big mobs for my lvl. So I downgraded to Gremlin and that is my biggest armor now. Still I can hunt bigger mobs then before with Jarhead and Hedoc Mayhen but what is most important: This is just a super eco combo for the same mobs I hunted before. It es extremely evade-depending, e.g. I cant hunt mobs I hunted before that have a high hit rate and caused huge armor decay. But I can hunt SEGs 01 and 02 easy solo in Vigi 6a. With 170HP. Or medium Feffox which hit upt to 110dmg. Easy if you have some evade. I think I could not do that with an Adj Restore chip + 10heal/pec fap.
Probably for smaller mobs e.g. small Feffox or Atrox the Chip would safe me some more PEDs. But to be honest. If it is 0,3% or 0,6% defensive cost I dont rly care. I prefere the 3% over 10% at medium Feffox there.

For my playstyle: I accept the less dps and fap a few times during mob due to the fact its just so much and so eco heal with 1 click. People say to avoid fap during mob due to more time needed for 1 mob and so more decay. Well, with such a fap not the case imo.

And on top why I prefer the FAP over Chip: heal others. Heal another guy with the chip on teamhunt and then after 20seconds get hit yourself but cant use the chip for another 10 seconds? great.

But I am speaking here about the Mod2600.
If you compare prices atm you can see that you can get a Mod2350 + Adj Restore chip for the price of Mod2600. So....

Conlcusion: I do not miss my armor, only sometimes on teamhunts if you go for smth big. But even here its not so often needed. Everything that doesnt 1hit me is killable (with some evade). Not allways eco, but for this team-thing np!

e.g.: Eomon mature in gremlin 5b, Evi gen10 in gremlin 5b, SEG gen 02 in Hunter ME (like vigi) + 6a, atrox prowler in gremlin 5b. Everything doable. Not easy but especially in Teamhunts np.
Evi 01-04, Small Feffox, medium Atrox, ... very easy and super eco naked. But probably same with the chip.
(with 170 HP - 32 evader - 60dps + sometimes stim)

There just came one mob to my mind I would prefer the chip over fap: Araneatrox. Mobs with such insane Reg it is probably better.

So: I cant rly say if Chip or Fap is better, just that I am happy with fap over chip. But I can say: If you go for fap, you can think about selling armor (any maybe go for big L for those rare big mob teamhunts).

And: I think the more HP you got the better the Mo2600 becomes and less good the adj. chip. Imp chip might be nice but is again more expensive then even the Mod2600...

edit: or just go for chip and hire Shroom-fapper if needed. Most of them fap for decay atm and alot available :p

simple answer from my side, to play you need :

- Armor
- Fap
- Weapon

Selecting or deselecting 1 of those will reduce your ability/flexibility to play and do what you want.
How do I know ... I had the same question many years ago ;-)

Atami

- Armor
- Fap
- Weapon

Selecting or deselecting 1 of those will reduce your ability/flexibility to play and do what you want.

Atami

and today this also includes:
two rings left and right, a lifesteal/hp cloak, a dps thorifoid helmet, a speed buffed armor, and a buffed pet, and a buffed scope/laser, and a skillgain buffed rifle.

- Armor
- Fap
- Weapon

Atami

I agree with list but for me priority is completely reversed:

- weapon
- fap
- armor

This:
Many years ago (long before vu10) I had asked Skalman which was more important, good armor or a big gun, and his reply was a good FAP ...
Why? Because:
/.../ I can state my point of view because I went for Mod2600 and sold my armor.

Actually I first made the fap and then sold the armor (Jarhead). It was kind of a PED-protection-action. With the big fap and the big armor (for my lvl) I did to often way to big mobs for my lvl. So I downgraded to Gremlin and that is my biggest armor now. Still I can hunt bigger mobs then before with Jarhead and Hedoc Mayhen but what is most important: This is just a super eco combo for the same mobs I hunted before. It es extremely evade-depending, e.g. I cant hunt mobs I hunted before that have a high hit rate and caused huge armor decay. But I can hunt SEGs 01 and 02 easy solo in Vigi 6a. With 170HP. Or medium Feffox which hit upt to 110dmg. Easy if you have some evade. I think I could not do that with an Adj Restore chip + 10heal/pec fap.
Probably for smaller mobs e.g. small Feffox or Atrox the Chip would safe me some more PEDs. But to be honest. If it is 0,3% or 0,6% defensive cost I dont rly care. I prefere the 3% over 10% at medium Feffox there.

For my playstyle: I accept the less dps and fap a few times during mob due to the fact its just so much and so eco heal with 1 click. People say to avoid fap during mob due to more time needed for 1 mob and so more decay. Well, with such a fap not the case imo.

And on top why I prefer the FAP over Chip: heal others. Heal another guy with the chip on teamhunt and then after 20seconds get hit yourself but cant use the chip for another 10 seconds? great.

But I am speaking here about the Mod2600.
If you compare prices atm you can see that you can get a Mod2350 + Adj Restore chip for the price of Mod2600. So....

Conlcusion: I do not miss my armor, only sometimes on teamhunts if you go for smth big. But even here its not so often needed. Everything that doesnt 1hit me is killable (with some evade). Not allways eco, but for this team-thing np!

e.g.: Eomon mature in gremlin 5b, Evi gen10 in gremlin 5b, SEG gen 02 in Hunter ME (like vigi) + 6a, atrox prowler in gremlin 5b. Everything doable. Not easy but especially in Teamhunts np.
Evi 01-04, Small Feffox, medium Atrox, ... very easy and super eco naked. But probably same with the chip.
(with 170 HP - 32 evader - 60dps + sometimes stim)

There just came one mob to my mind I would prefer the chip over fap: Araneatrox. Mobs with such insane Reg it is probably better.

So: I cant rly say if Chip or Fap is better, just that I am happy with fap over chip. But I can say: If you go for fap, you can think about selling armor (any maybe go for big L for those rare big mob teamhunts).

And: I think the more HP you got the better the Mo2600 becomes and less good the adj. chip. Imp chip might be nice but is again more expensive then even the Mod2600...

edit: or just go for chip and hire Shroom-fapper if needed. Most of them fap for decay atm and alot available :p

To be able to hunt big mobs naked has been my dream since, um, almost the very beginning I guess. Now I can do that, and sometimes I actually do, just to feel the freedom and power. Cool stuff!

But, usually I wear armor. Not because I'm afraid the mob would regen too much when I heal while the mob is on me - 'cause I don't believe regen is something negative to be afraid of (within reasonable limits ofc).
No, the reason is simple: armor (even a small armor) significantly reduces the need to use fap and I'm too lazy to switch tools all the time.

Last edited:
This:Why? Because:

To be able to hunt big mobs naked has been my dream since, um, almost the very beginning I guess. Now I can do that, and sometimes I actually do, just to feel the freedom and power. Cool stuff!

But, usually I wear armor. Not because I'm afraid the mob would regen too much when I heal while the mob is on me - 'cause I don't believe regen is something negative to be afraid of (within reasonable limits ofc).
No, the reason is simple: armor (even a small armor) significantly reduces the need to use fap and I'm too lazy to switch tools all the time.

ya this is why i waas thinking about going down to bear and using mod 2350 and/or adj heal chip instead of my current liakon + L fap. I still dont konw which way I should go though :( Guess I'll keep listening to answers and see what the result will be

Last edited:

And thats the point you should be aware of, Hypnotik. It is all depend on your playstyle. That no armor/low armor + big fap requires an active playstyle. The bigger armor + Chip combo is more lazy. So if youre more the semi-afk-grinder better keep some armor and go for chip. If hunting is to boring for you like that go for the fap! ;)

Maybe you can borrow a chip somewhere to try it? As people said before: Have to test it to know how good it is. ;)

You can actualy hunt almost naked with a mod resto chip , the heal over time is a great thing to have , you get heals all the time and u dont have to stop for faping , atm im going for the adj chip , hopefuly with time to get to the mod chip :)

True, but mod chip is way more expensive then those tools we are talking about :D

True, but mod chip is way more expensive then those tools we are talking about :D

Mod chip is awesome but too pricey and high skill for me :(

Start small , you can get the adj chip first , buy it or rent it from someone to see how you like it , for me it would be enough , for ex for aakas 10 u dont need more than that mby for last boss , depends on what mobs you hunt.

PS an adj chip with mod 2350 would be perfect , thats my plan anyway :)

Start small , you can get the adj chip first , buy it or rent it from someone to see how you like it , for me it would be enough , for ex for aakas 10 u dont need more than that mby for last boss , depends on what mobs you hunt.

PS an adj chip with mod 2350 would be perfect , thats my plan anyway :)

FWIW...

I have been trying to put together a kit that didn't cost a lot but covered most of what I wanted to do, I think I am pretty close now, I do feel like I would want more dps, but who doesn't! It took me 5 months to grind out the mats for a Mod-2600, it's T2 now, and it has worked fantastic for me. (Note,If I had to do it again, I would probably just buy the mats or fap. Competing for shrooms that are a semi-random drop sucked imo).

I can do most small stuff naked or low armored and if I want to go mess around with some big stuff I can do it with my T2,3,4 Gremlin + some standard plates. My T8 Ranked Scorpion +oc204, plus T3.8 arso chip are pretty decent dps when fully enhanced. (Note: the dot and hot is a great combo for anything I need to fap for because the dot keeps ticking while I put a hot on and then switch back to direct dps and catch the end of the dot, the fast fap and weapon allow me to switch fast and that helps a lot).

That covers most of the stuff I have been needing/wanting to do for the last couple of years. Some people prefer Viceroy to the Gremlin but fuck that, I am not buying into stupid shit I can't freely trade. I recently picked up an Athenic Augmented Ring, I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't feel like it helps that much, but I'm too lazy to do any kind of actual research/calculations to prove it so take that statement with a big block of salt. I am still considering an Ares ring to bump my dps.

FWIW...

I have been trying to put together a kit that didn't cost a lot but covered most of what I wanted to do, I think I am pretty close now, I do feel like I would want more dps, but who doesn't! It took me 5 months to grind out the mats for a Mod-2600, it's T2 now, and it has worked fantastic for me. (Note,If I had to do it again, I would probably just buy the mats or fap. Competing for shrooms that are a semi-random drop sucked imo).

I can do most small stuff naked or low armored and if I want to go mess around with some big stuff I can do it with my T2,3,4 Gremlin + some standard plates. My T8 Ranked Scorpion +oc204, plus T3.8 arso chip are pretty decent dps when fully enhanced. (Note: the dot and hot is a great combo for anything I need to fap for because the dot keeps ticking while I put a hot on and then switch back to direct dps and catch the end of the dot, the fast fap and weapon allow me to switch fast and that helps a lot).

That covers most of the stuff I have been needing/wanting to do for the last couple of years. Some people prefer Viceroy to the Gremlin but fuck that, I am not buying into stupid shit I can't freely trade. I recently picked up an Athenic Augmented Ring, I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't feel like it helps that much, but I'm too lazy to do any kind of actual research/calculations to prove it so take that statement with a big block of salt. I am still considering an Ares ring to bump my dps.

I hate gremlin, not sure why (maybe the colors?) but I do, so I'd go back to bear because I loved it when I owned it before. But ya, I think I'm going to start off by getting the adj resto chip and then buy an imp 2350 for the time being. I'll grind out hte last 25 mushrooms myself to get it to mod 2350.

Back