Player Charter - Your view on rights?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
In light of the new position Virtual Reality President mentioned here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?280057-Virtual-Reality-Presidential-Race-Begins-PR-Newswire-%28press-release%29/page3

I thought it would be interesting to have a discussion on Avatar rights or a player charter. Perhaps we can draw up a few provisional points that players running for the presidency may want to consider and indeed the winner would hopefully find useful.

So what would you like to see in a new player charter or what issue would you like the president to fight for?

I think it is premature to think about this kind of charter as this is not intended to be Entropia specific. That said, as president, I personally would move to have another company deal with this completely to avoid it becoming a joke/liability to the players with real interests in the game.

Mindark blindly forgets that they are not the only game company out there. There are already games with massive resources directed at player driven committees that for example, in the case of EVE online, have already been in place for many many years with much success, and without any need to start charging the players who wish to be involved. (There are player reps that are voted into power just as Mindark states to do here, who work with the company to progress the player experience.)

Moreso to the point, that particular company goes very far out of its way to maintain an amazing relationship with its customers/playerbase...something that Mindark is already very very NOT good at. How would they expect to lead the gaming communities of the world without this in place already?

I would need much more info on what Mindark intends this to really be before even considering to ponder hypothetical scenarios, that by and large have already been drafted in various forms over the years in similar ideas from even larger communities of players.

I will start:

1. Every player deserves respect from the Planet Partner. We are paying customers and should be treated as such.
2. Everyone should be created equal and no favouritism shall be shown to any player.
3. All players shall treat other players with the same respect they would expect to receive.
4. Any player using a bot shall be suspended for a week for a first offence, but three offences and out.

I could go on :laugh:

As forgo said player reps to iron out issues with MA would probably be more productive.

What worries me with this whole president thing is with power comes control. With control comes more rules, more rules mean policing, and with policing comes fines. That is what we live with everyday in the real world.

We are kind of free here to do as we please within the limits of the game dynamics. I don't people fined for not dressing appropriately, or fines for video evidence of dumping mobs on people, or anything for that matter to police people. I'm all for freedom, and trust most of the community is responsible.

This is not what I envisaged from the political system, I thought we were going down the road of being provided options from MA what we want them to work on in game, and all vote on it. Looks like they may have managed to avoid that. I'm not sure if that was extremely clever, or unintentional....lol

Rick

I think it is premature to think about this kind of charter as this is not intended to be Entropia specific. That said, as president, I personally would move to have another company deal with this completely to avoid it becoming a joke/liability to the players with real interests in the game.

Mindark blindly forgets that they are not the only game company out there. There are already games with massive resources directed at player driven committees that for example, in the case of EVE online, have already been in place for many many years with much success, and without any need to start charging the players who wish to be involved. (There are player reps that are voted into power just as Mindark states to do here, who work with the company to progress the player experience.)

Moreso to the point, that particular company goes very far out of its way to maintain an amazing relationship with its customers/playerbase...something that Mindark is already very very NOT good at. How would they expect to lead the gaming communities of the world without this in place already?

I would need much more info on what Mindark intends this to really be before even considering to ponder hypothetical scenarios, that by and large have already been drafted in various forms over the years in similar ideas from even larger communities of players.

Yeah this. MA needs to get their own house in order before they try to start representing some sort of world wide virtual community. Hell, it's been tried before just not with the "voting" dynamic. Anybody heard from Skam lately? Why would we believe this would be any different than all of the other community managers, liasons, etc. programs that have failed in the past? No, this is just MA's annual sale, it's just that this year there's no batch of pixles in return, just a subjective maybe. Even worse then auctioning off unseen pet stalls with crappy buffs that are worse then regular pet buffs. Pay them money to make you think they care and will change, when it's just going to be more of the same ignoring of what the community really cares about. This just sounds like a big fat steaming pile of dookie to me.

I will post as an English person.

The government here has for several years tried to 'impose' (my words) a Mayor on the major cities. London has one, several of the major cities declined to have one, so they will get one.

Their attitude is of course, if at first they fail, try, try, try again. Real world example ends here, but I want to put it in context.

I spent a few days thinking before any posting on this suggestion, which on reflection seems to be a good idea, because in the past, I, as others have, may have responded negatively.

I consider it a clever move - to have a central point for issues from the playerbase, let an actual player evaluate it as to its priority, and have a weekly or monthly discussion?

It could work well, everyone could benefit, if its a win/win for both Mindark/Players we may wonder why it wasn't done years ago.

Anyway, if a lightbulb has gone off above your head :idea: now is an ideal time to share it, you never know who may be reading. :)

I find it ironic a few days before this was released I was flamed to hell by a handful of users for starting a thread over this very idea that MA is now proposing. :laugh:

PS: I was also challenged by a user to become a planet partner... who knows what may come of that :)

I find it ironic a few days before this was released I was flamed to hell by a handful of users for starting a thread over this very idea that MA is now proposing. :laugh:
I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence and Simmonds (or some of his coworkers) got the idea from you.

Who said they're not reading! ;)

I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence and Simmonds (or some of his coworkers) got the idea from you.

Who said they're not reading! ;)

Lol funny you mention Simmonds, I recently spoke with him via email, and he gave the greenlight on a project I will be revealing later on :)

I was rolling these around my mind:

1) Monthly communications with player base or a reason given for lack of communication e.g. Mindark could state something like, "this month significant progress was made on project(s) that are top secret and as such we cannot divulge any further information. Some projects are classed as top secret as they may have an adverse affect on an RCE."

2) Rebalancing/nerfing (as indeed other issues) first discussed with a player committee.

3) Actual police presence in Real Cash Economy based games. For Entropia Universe would mean Swedish police having a virtual reality department based in game, hence making it easier for players to report scams and scams to be investigated and resolved much easier.

I see others above are rolling around similar thoughts e.g.
- Forgo 1 & 2

Number 1 always pops up in this game and even if MA are not able to communicate they should really give a reason for lack of communication.
Number 2 works well in other games so no reason why it couldn't work here albeit with a few tweaks e.g. if player committee are exposed to inside info there may have to be sanctions imposed on their avatar to stop them profiting from inside info.
Number 3 is my own pet like I guess :)

gwit also had some good points which perhaps shouldn't be overlooked or taken for granted.

1. Every player deserves respect from the Planet Partner. We are paying customers and should be treated as such.
2. Everyone should be created equal and no favouritism shall be shown to any player.
3. All players shall treat other players with the same respect they would expect to receive.
4. Any player using a bot shall be suspended for a week for a first offence, but three offences and out.

PS: I was also challenged by a user to become a planet partner... who knows what may come of that :)

Well i guess you should start your campain to get that spot then right?

And no, you were not challenged. It was you as the one changelling about something that you could become.
So don't be supriced if peoples expect something from you then. I don't know you at all so i have no idea beforehand if you can prove your words or not. As there is nothing atm... i have only read some words. SO prove first then talk.

And about receiving a "Green light" (or even asking his opinion only) about some "project" if its legal to run... i wonder if its about you lauching your own planet (the real deal) or another ingame pyramid-thingy with you on top.

We will see..

On topic:
My 2 pecs:
It's hard to tell what the VPR rights will be.
For me as opinion there is no point in discussing since it would end up in guessing only and having some expections while in the end it will be something totally different...
I will wait what MindArk will tell on later about this.

Been doing this a while now.

Last edited:
Well i guess you should start your campain to get that spot then right?

i wonder if its about you lauching your own planet (the real deal) or another ingame pyramid-thingy with you on top.

We will see..

Why does it always have to be so negative with you, why can't you be glad or happy for someone, why does it have to be all about a "Pyramid-Thingy ( scheme )". We don't know each other, and I am not accusing you of evil cosmic plots to ruin peoples game experience and profit by ripping people off.

What gives?

Btw if we want to discuss this, lets do it PM instead of derailing another thread.

Why does it always have to be so negative with you, why can't you be glad or happy for someone, why does it have to be all about a "Pyramid-Thingy ( scheme )". We don't know each other, and I am not accusing you of evil cosmic plots to ruin peoples game experience and profit by ripping people off.

What gives?

Btw if we want to discuss this, lets do it PM instead of derailing another thread.

What gives...
I was also challenged by a user to become a planet partner... who knows what may come of that :)[/I]

Could have thrown me a PM beforehand.

And no, you were not challenged. It was you as the one changelling about something that you could become.

Thought I wasn't being challenged, so why the need to make this mess public again. Lets take this to pm's.

Edit: btw my apologies to the OP and the topic of the thread over this undesired public exchange.

Last edited:

Time spend in virtual reality is lifetime spend. All virtual holding rights and property that come out of ones participation with virtual reality shall belong to the person that spend the time to aquire it and shall be legalized to
trade freely with other participants of virtual reality not only for EU but for all programms. Owner of the said programms shall hold accountable to provide a plattform that foster safe exchange between virtual reality participants and as owner of the software they are entitles to charge a transaction fee on successfull trades.

If a software get removed from service in virtual reality a court regulate the interests between the company and their users.

And now for real , wich company would accept this ? Right now we have the right to pay and shut up. Virtual rights might be a good thing but when they come from companies and are funded by a company you should ask yourself who will make the rules and who wont. I was hoping for some kind of "Eve" council and their voting stuff pin down on EU but no they jumped the publicity stunt train again. However virtual rights are not a bad idea per se. This can and will also include the interests of the gaming industrie but the time for this isnt here yet. We dont even have a working real a.i so far. Maybe #2 should be that shutting down a real a.i is murder ?

As long as there is a regular review policy (perhaps every 4 years at the mid point of a presidential run) i would say this was a good idea. The review should be conducted over several weeks with debates/votes and plenty of player input, what we determine as ideals today might not be in 10 -15 years time and i wouldn't like to see things set in stone.

I agree ownership might be a good idea to address. If i buy something in VR i want a guarantee that it will not be taken away from me or at least if it is that I am entitled to compensation of its true value (not just some TT value - for example when it comes to deeds).

Maybe this is an exciting new chapter and it is nice to see EU taking a central part.

For me the random elements of EU still seem very arbitrary and i hope in the future the economy will be driven a lot harder by "non random" activities, much like in the real world. Having greater financial securities in VR should help this. For example kill X of a number of mob (same type same maturity) and one loots different (random) amounts of hide every time even though all the mobs clearly have a hid and they should be all roughly the same size. For me the charter also needs to address the type of economy and how to sustain it (e.g. through random win/loss or tax) that we want in the future.

Last edited:
Back