Selling AUD on AH at wrong mu.......... I'm a moron

Status

Loup

Mature
Society
Natural Born Killer
Broken al Angels
Today, I sold 40 AUD on AH at 50 peds MU....total.

I figured after that the MU was only for 1 deed.... MY bad totally.

I send support case 2 min after the ''deed'' happens. No answer.
Honestly it's not their problem BUT i find shitty that the system accept this kind of sale.... But this is another question.

The automatic order was under the name WIRLO WIRLO WIRLETE.

Not his fault but I beg him to be compassionate!! Karma and all!

I feel like I lost my wallet and I hope a Kind person will bring him back to me!

And yes, I feel so stupid...

happens way too often.. goodluck! easiest 200 bucks he's ever made :p

There have been problems such as this with auction since it was first implemented.

There have been improvements, but it is still far too easy to sell virtual items for a fraction of their correct price.

Mindark even managed to sell 100's of CLD for a single CLD price some years past. There's a thread out there somewhere but I'm too lazy to track it down.

You obviously know who the purchaser was (a recent implementation as it was anonymous for years)
I hope he is one of the compassionate sort and rectifies your blunder. Reputation is important to most players here.

Good luck.

Seriously, definitely worth giving it a whirl to fix it.

*cough*

Don't be afraid to contact him ( Wirlo ), he made similar mistakes in the past and atleast once was refunded. I hope he can relate to your problem and do the right thing.

And stop with witch hunt, that helps nobody.

Good luck, keep us updated please.

Agreed: no witch hunt

Agreed that no witch hunt is necessary!

For this sale, it's 100% my bad.

Thank you for the comments that himself have done similar in the past!!!

I feel slightly less stupid :)

BTW, a regulated custom exist where I'm from and it's to give back 10% of returned goods. Totally going to do that! :beerchug:

Agreed that no witch hunt is necessary!

Thank you for the comments that himself have done similar in the past!!!

I feel slightly less stupid :)

If it helps, I managed to drop my MP3 player 2 weeks ago whilst out shopping, I wonder if they kept my music (example above) or deleted it and put Justin Bieber on it <shudder>

Oh well, early Christmas for them eh? :xfrown:

As Wirlo is a well known avatar, this story could well have a happy ending. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Today, I sold 40 AUD on AH at 50 peds MU....total.

I figured after that the MU was only for 1 deed.... MY bad totally.

I made the same stupid mistake too about a year ago, I managed to get most of them back from a reseller who "auto" bought them on auction. It cost me though 7 - 10 , I was under a lot of stress at the time, and the reseller wasn't exactly keen to trade back. But I took a loss on the chin to get most of them returned. The forum helped me a lot to turn it around.

I ended up selling all my deeds after that, in panic mode. Like I say things like that mess with your head. So then you get more losses, rather than walking away and let it all settle down.

The problem is the auction wasn't really designed for zero value deeds. I've been in game a long time, happens to the best of us. I hope you get it sorted. Try not to stress about it.

Rick

I was going to respond differently but would like some information

Were you trying to fulfill a buy order or just making an auction with a buyout price?

I was going to respond differently but would like some information

Were you trying to fulfill a buy order or just making an auction with a buyout price?

Hi,

I was trying to do ''with a buyout price''. I checked the order ans see one order at MU 50.17 peds.
Cannot change decimal, was wondering about that and put 50 peds. The stack was 40 AUD.

Never realised was 50 peds and not 50 * 40 = 2,000 peds....

Hope that answers your question.

Again, my bad and I'm asking a humane answers from the Buyers :)
Based on the link in a previous reply, he done a similar mistake in the past.

Broken

He was browsing the forums seconds ago did you send a PM to him? Although it might be faster to talk ingame probably.

[...]

Never realised was 50 peds and not 50 * 40 = 2,000 peds....

[...]

I feel sorry for you but I have to ask a question:
How come you play since 2006 and never realized how auction BO work?
Did you never sold any other stackables?

Every other stackable in this game (afaik) sells at %. For a while, CLD's and AUD's sold as a % as well.

I thought they had changed the system to reflect PED per ITEM (deed), but apparently, this is only for the market value. Therefore, as it currently stands, deeds are the only stackables that register as a +PED amount when selling on auction, and the stack of deeds is treated as a single item.

So, I'm certain the OP realizes how auction works, and how to sell stackables, but as illustrated, selling stackable deeds is contrary to selling any other stackable in game.

To the OP:

Hope you are able to recoup some of your losses. :tiphat:

To MA: can we FINALLY get this fixed, or will an individual have to lose hundreds of thousands of USD before you correct this? :broke:

So, I'm certain the OP realizes how auction works, and how to sell stackables, but as illustrated, selling stackable deeds is contrary to selling any other stackable in game.

The problem with deeds is that I think TT value is zero (you can't TT them), so having a % on them makes no sense.

I guess a third kind of markup would be useful for items that has zero or close-to-zero markup (for things like fruit and stones).

On the other hand, when you sell stacks of deeds (or anything), you need to consider both markup, but also have an idea how much, in PEDs, you want to have for them (not be blinded just by MU%).

He was browsing the forums seconds ago did you send a PM to him? Although it might be faster to talk ingame probably.

Hi,

I Have sent a message to him directly.
I also see him on this tread but have receive no follow up so will try later.

Thank you for the help and support

Hi,

I have sold stackable item before on AH.

The only answer I can offer is one from the title.... I'm a moron.

I have see the total ped at 50 peds.... Just not realised it was different from previous experience.

Often, if you work too much at the computer, you have a trend to ''click'' on everything. Not an excuse, just facts. Basically, I fuck up. Never think differently.

If you can tell me that you HAVE NEVER screw up, you're an exception :) I was honest to admit it. Please don't use the hammer to nail me MORE than necessary.

Broken

I guess, lesson learned. It could've been worse, you could've been selling 400 quantity! Still a lot of PED to lose, but thank you for sharing your mistake so others who don't know how to use the auction may also learn.

I wish the best for you and maybe some sort of outcome, but as they say "time to deposit again!". ;)

Hi,

I have sold stackable item before on AH.

The only answer I can offer is one from the title.... I'm a moron.

Don't be so harsh on yourself.
You just made a mistake and would be a moron if you never realized it.

I have see the total ped at 50 peds.... Just not realised it was different from previous experience.

I honestly don't think there is other experience with auctions.
Regardless of is it % or + mu, BO is always price for whole stack, not for single item in stack.
So you always set BO as total price not a price of unit.

Often, if you work too much at the computer, you have a trend to ''click'' on everything. Not an excuse, just facts. Basically, I fuck up. Never think differently.

If you can tell me that you HAVE NEVER screw up, you're an exception :) I was honest to admit it. Please don't use the hammer to nail me MORE than necessary.

Broken

I think there will be very few of us who never screw things up, whether they are super careful, just don't play long/active enough or simply are liars ;)

I once sold Dante to tt cause I was tired after long grind, hope that makes you feel better as it was not my intention to hammer you down.

Yeah shit happens, you would be surprised how many unlimited laser amplifiers I tt'ed after long grinding :D

Don't be so harsh on yourself.
You just made a mistake and would be a moron if you never realized it.

I honestly don't think there is other experience with auctions.
Regardless of is it % or + mu, BO is always price for whole stack, not for single item in stack.
So you always set BO as total price not a price of unit.

I think there will be very few of us who never screw things up, whether they are super careful, just don't play long/active enough or simply are liars ;)

I once sold Dante to tt cause I was tired after long grind, hope that makes you feel better as it was not my intention to hammer you down.

Yeah, happens to me on a small laser amp A-101 ;-)

I will now close this thread.
Not going to mention how it was concluded if concluded. Like I said, this was not a witch hunt or a thread to hurt reputation.

BUT I will send MA some comments to modify AH :eyecrazy::wtg::wtg:

Regards,

Broken

Status
Back